Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

[quote name='Rirse']Riddick for X-Box - $5 (nice deal, but I got the PC version at Big Lots for $4)[/quote]

I would have been all over this today at $4.98, but since its not on the backwards compatible list I had to pass.

[quote name='kjauburn']I would have been all over this today at $4.98, but since its not on the backwards compatible list I had to pass.[/QUOTE]
No kidding? That's terrible. It's a classic Xbox game!

I finally got a copy of Drill Dozer today. The weird thing is, they had 2 copies left at the $14.98 price, then they were gone. Then today, they had like 6 copies at $7.98. I didn't know what happened. It seemed as if they got a lot of Call of Duty's in too since there weren't 23958702 when I checked last week like there was today. Weird.

Went to a few Michigan Targets today

Westland had

Xbox, Crimson Skies for $5
GC, Call of Duty for $10

I also picked up a $100 giant clock for $6.24. The security guard checking my receipt as I left said, "I'd like to get me one of those!"

[quote name='espy605']A giant clock? $100? Do you have a link?[/QUOTE]

word, target has some crazy clearance deals. my gf and i bought a nice $300 dollar dinner table for our apt at the santa rosa, california target.. for the low price of $30.

i also saw a big ass wall mirror that was around $100 dollars marked down to insanely cheap.

I checked out the Target in Valley Stream hoping to find Drill Dozer for $7.48 unfortunately the place had been cleaned out.

[quote name='musicnoteless']Picked up last two copies of Drill Dozer for 7.48. I'll be pissed if they have 6 copies tomorrow for like 4 bucks each. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Why be mad? Just buy two more copies at $4 each and immediately return them using the receipt for the $7.48 copies. Problem solved. :D

Two days ago I picked up The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay for Xbox for $5. Excellent game...

EDIT: I forgot the location... I got it in Woburn, Massachusetts.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']picked up Resident Evil (GC) and Viewtiful Joe (GC) for $4.98 each[/QUOTE]

I definitely want REmake for that price. :D

Picked up COD:FH (Xbox) and RE(NGC) for $4.98 in Nashville today. Almost bought Flatout for $4.98, but passed hoping I'd find it at another store; it didn't happen:p

Nothing Special, but picked up Drill Dozer for 7.50 @ Barborsville, WV today. They also had a ton of Timesplitters: Future Perfect (PS2): 9.98, NFL Street (PS2) 4.98, and 1 Geist (GC) 12 and 1 TS: F P (GC) 12
Also Several Xbox games, but since I don't own an Xbox, I didn't pay any attention to these.

I just got back - I had been waiting on further price drops on a couple of games, and they finally came through :) :

007: Everything or Nothing (ps2) - $4.98
CoD: Finest Hour (xbox) - $4.98

I also noticed these that I either already have or had no interest in:

RE Remake - $4.98
Timesplitters: FP (ps2 & gc) - $4.98
Ghost Recon 2 (ps2) - $4.98

There were a couple others that I didn't check the price on. Someone had snatched the last copy of Flatout (xbox) that I had kinda been watching, but then if this $20 copy of the sequel comes through from Sony I won't need it anyway, so... ;)

Might be a stupid question but is there a special place in target i should look for the marked down games? My targets only seem to have new games in the cases and then a few GH titles on the end caps.

[quote name='bBonVolks']Might be a stupid question but is there a special place in target i should look for the marked down games? My targets only seem to have new games in the cases and then a few GH titles on the end caps.[/quote]

They're usually on end caps in the electronics area

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I didn't even know they restocked the REmake. I picked it up a few years ago for $7.48 from $29.99[/quote]

I managed to pick that one up during the CC clearance 2 years ago for $5.

I went to Valley Stream and they were out of drill dozer also, and the worker said to me oh those 2 guys over there just asked about that game also. I thought that was intersting. Anyway I found a copy of drill dozer yesterday for 7.48, glad I waited. Tried it today it was a cool game so far. Mickey:lol:

[quote name='bBonVolks']Might be a stupid question but is there a special place in target i should look for the marked down games? My targets only seem to have new games in the cases and then a few GH titles on the end caps.[/QUOTE]

If you have no luck looking in the electronics area (look back by the cd players, musical instruments, etc.) go to where they sell the books and cds. One of the Targets I go to has all of there clearance games on an end cap of a book isle.

Picked up Drill Dozer yesterday.

$7.48 (75% off) is the lowest it can go at Target, right? What will happen to the game next after it goes 75% off? They pull it off the shelf and write them off?

[quote name='eau']Picked up Drill Dozer yesterday.

$7.48 (75% off) is the lowest it can go at Target, right? What will happen to the game next after it goes 75% off? They pull it off the shelf and write them off?[/quote]

i think after 75% they take it out of the system and somehow it ends up at the Goodwill...i always see new clearanced stuff from target at the goodwills near me and games such as Madden for $9.99:roll:

Well, OP said that when it ends in an 8 it can go down further in price. Only when it ends with a 4 should you just pick it up or leave it cause thats the final clearence.

I saw the DD for the $7.48 but ill wait.....its been there for a week. I just want it to do a refund for when i paid the $14.98 price for it :)

OT but I bought a Demise of Grievous figure for $3.24 so I was happy that day

I just picked up 2 of the Microsoft 1600 point cards for $14 each at a Target in GR, MI. They also had the 12+1 month XBOX live cards for $36.98. I went to the other one near me and neither of them were marked down.

Target in Lewisville, TX (Hebron Pkwy store, across from Vista Ridge Mall) has a stack of Geist for the GameCube for $12.48, clearance price, not a Players Choice version (although I don't know if there was a PC release for this title). Picked one up today.

New drops at the store near me today

Yoshi Topsy Turvey GBA $20.98
Dynasty warriors Advance GBA $13.98
Ecko Getting Up PS2 $13.98

Next week they will be $14.98 and $9.98 since it will go to 50%.

Geist at $12.48 will be the final drop since it started at $49.99. As reported they been pulling everything after 75%...

Not sure if this is old news, but, I found Nintendo DS Wifi USB Adapters at the target in Spokane Valley, WA selling for about $27.50, they had about 10 of them. I was considering buying it and reselling it but I didn't know for sure if I could make a profit.

Target in Fairlawn OH had:

Hulk 20.98 GC
Fantastic Four 13.98 GC

and Mario Party Advance (don't recall price, 20ish I think)

Tons of other Game Boy Advance titles, but didn't look closely since I don't have that system.

i just got back from Target

Sonic Heroes (GC) -> $ 4.98
Drill Dozer (GBA) -> $ 20.98 -----> yeah, freakin' YMMV

but other Targets have Drill Dozer for $7.48, but sold out. unless i'm wrong about this.

[quote name='topnotch97']
Sonic Heroes (GC) -> $ 4.98
[/quote]

Damn... wish my target had that. My son would love that game. Will have to check around at other targets.

Was just at my local Target and they had the original Xbox Live set with Headset and Whacked/Moto GP demo for $25. The box says something about the subscription offer expiring 10/31/03. I bought one of them and applied it to my 360 account no problems, added 1 year.

Anyone know how far in advance I can stack them? I'm up to 08/08 right now. Or maybe I can buy one more, save it, it and apply it later.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']^Nice find, what were the three games?[/QUOTE]

Crash 2, Stewart little 2 and cool boarders 2. My target been holding theses at $70 forever (literally a year) went to $49 last week then I must of hit the newest mark down just today as my waiting finally paid off.;-)

Saw Atari Retro DS, Ridge Racer DS, Mr Driller DS, and Dynasty Warriors GBA on clearence for $13.98 today.

[quote name='adambomb']Not sure if this is old news, but, I found Nintendo DS Wifi USB Adapters at the target in Spokane Valley, WA selling for about $27.50, they had about 10 of them. I was considering buying it and reselling it but I didn't know for sure if I could make a profit.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I never saw these at full price at any Target, now they are clearanced somewhere? I was about to shell out full price, but at EB (using credit). If I can get one for less than $20 at Target that would be about the same, but saving my EB credit for games. (Only because my EB credit was obtained at a profit due to various trade-in deals). I'll keep checking - seems like the kind of thing that will easily go to 75% as most people don't even know what they are.

Target in Memphis, TN at Southern and Colonial-- they had a lot of stuff, but I have most of it already-

GBA

Drill Dozer 7.48
Dynasty Warriors Advance 13.98
GBA Video Cartoon Network 9.98

Gamecube

Batman Begins 13.98
Geist 12.48
Viewtiful Joe Player's Choice 4.98

Xbox

Crimson Skies PH 4.98
old Xbox Live starter Kit w/ Communicator and Tetris Worlds 24.98

PS2

Gran Turismo 3 GH 4.98 (one left)
Timesplitters Future Perfect 4.98
PS2 Lightning McQueen Cars Controller 13.98

All of the games were still in the glass display cases as of yesterday. The xbox live kits and the PS2 Cars controllers were on an encap in the electronics section.

All I actually bought was Shadow of the Colossus for Ps2 now that it's a GH. I almost didn't buy it because of the GH packaging, but I noticed that all they did was slap the red GH logo bar over the shrinkwrap of the regular package with a sticker.

Browsed Target today and noticed...

GBA

MegaMan Battle Network 5 $10
DK Country 2 $20
Mario Party Advance $20

hopefully the $20 games will steadily fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back