Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

[quote name='sterlingice']Man, I still haven't been able to find one of those at a reasonable price :(

SI[/QUOTE]
It won't be easy - it's been discontinued. They're still out there, but they're not exactly common anymore.

I called ten EBs and GameStops a few nights ago while I was looking, and checked two physically. The result? One new Game Boy Player (which the employee said was probably stuffed in the back room) and two used ones.

If you're interested, just get it now regardless of price. Otherwise, you might not be able to find it at all.

[quote name='rly723']are the game boy players that you hook up to your gamecube and play gameboy games on it?[/quote]
Yes

[quote name='chunga']Has anyone been able to get a Zen Micro Photo for $63.84?[/QUOTE]

I've seen it for 163.84..

I'm thinking someone made a pricing mistake.

Don't know why people would go crazy over this and not go crazy over the dane elec 512 mb plus mp3 player for $30...it's a bootleg ipod shuffle with an insane battery life [i've been using it as a flash drive/mp3 player with one aaa battery since I bought it]

Update to my ealier post
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2116548&postcount=362

All are 30% as far as I know.

GCN
Chibi-Robo (I'm all over this when the price comes down some more)
NfS MW
Marvel Nemesis
Hulk
Fantastic 4

PS2
Inuyasha: Feudal Combat
The Getaway

XBOX 360
The Outfit

GBA
Episode III
Mario Party Advance (already known)
Pokemon Leaf Green
That's So Raven 2
Dr. Mario
Tony Hawk
Dragonballz (one of the fifty million iterations)

Happy Hunting!

[quote name='eau']Has Drill Dozer dropped lower than $7.48 yet?[/QUOTE]
We can't answer that - it's on a store by store basis.

That said, my sister DID find it for $3.74 today...:shock:

Mr. Driller DS - 13.98 on the shelf tag, didnt have a barcode with me so i couldnt verify the price.

All clearance games get ransaked from my target so if you want something you better grab it as soon as you see it, and not wait for it to drop in price since people will buy any game with a clearance tag on it here even if its overpriced to the extreme.

[quote name='oxidative']Update to my ealier post
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2116548&postcount=362

All are 30% as far as I know.

GCN
Chibi-Robo (I'm all over this when the price comes down some more)
NfS MW
Marvel Nemesis
Hulk
Fantastic 4

PS2
Inuyasha: Feudal Combat
The Getaway

XBOX 360
The Outfit

GBA
Episode III
Mario Party Advance (already known)
Pokemon Leaf Green
That's So Raven 2
Dr. Mario
Tony Hawk
Dragonballz (one of the fifty million iterations)

Happy Hunting![/QUOTE]

Outfit 30% off??? Might have to pick that up...maybe wait til 50%

[quote name='SaraAB']All clearance games get ransaked from my target so if you want something you better grab it as soon as you see it, and not wait for it to drop in price since people will buy any game with a clearance tag on it here even if its overpriced to the extreme.[/QUOTE]
That's probably some of the most sound advice in the thread.

Like I said, my sister found a copy of Drill Dozer for $3.74 today. Where did she find it? Buried beneath a stack of GameCube games, and surrounded by maybe fifty copies of Donkey Kong Country 2. Yes, you MIGHT get lucky and you MIGHT find it for cheap...but if you wait, chances are good that you'll be beaten to it by someone who's luckier when it drops or is just willing to pay more than you are.

Of course, that should be common sense. I'm not sure why I felt this post was needed, so take it as you will. ;)

I bought

Timestalkers Future Perfect PS2 4.98
Lizzie McGuire 3 Lizzie Diaries GBA 3.48

Donkey Konga Jungle Beat is still 38 something.

I bought this at a Target in Las Vegas, NV:

Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman - $10.48

There were like 10 copies on the shelf.

[quote name='eau']Has Drill Dozer dropped lower than $7.48 yet?[/QUOTE]
At my target, Abington, PA: Drill Dozer whet salvage after 7.48. Which means sent back, no further markdowns. I think it's pretty much up to the price changers though... cuz I got Geist for 6.48. SCORE!

[quote name='blackandbluehero']At my target, Abington, PA: Drill Dozer whet salvage after 7.48. Which means sent back, no further markdowns. I think it's pretty much up to the price changers though... cuz I got Geist for 6.48. SCORE![/QUOTE]

Pricechangers vb. - elite spec ops group who alter the pricing of clearenced items.

I want to join. Where do I sign up? :rofl: These so called employees you refer to as the price changers do not just, out of the blue, start changing prices. Most price drops I think are usually directed by corporate via a master list. The items seem to be pre-programed into a local store (YMMV) database that will automatically drop their price until you scan and see the infamous "Item Not Found".

Passed by a target and found Gun for $10.99. Pretty cheap but did I jump the gun? Should I have waited to see if it went any lower?

got battery for xbox wireless controller for $4.75, and got xbox live 12 month starter kit for $24. (Same kit at circuit city scanned as $69.99!! Ridiculous...)

Now all I need is a 360! :lol:

Saw Donkey Kong Jungle Beat for 27.xx with bongoes in Manhattan Beach, CA
Also picked up 2 XBOX live kits for 25 bucks apeice
-xmrblondex

Why is it that none of the Target's around me have any of the 360 stuff on clearance?!?! What have I done to anger the Target gods?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Why is it that none of the Target's around me have any of the 360 stuff on clearance?!?! What have I done to anger the Target gods?[/quote]

I have checked my area as well and there is nothing. I know which stores drop the items first and went on monday hoping to find some marketplace points or something. No luck at all, still full price...

[quote name='CaseyRyback']nabbed getting up for pc for 5 bucks (last copy) at Supertarget in Raleigh.[/QUOTE]
I saw several copies of Getting up for PC at the Target in Bridgewater, NJ for $4.98. Is that a good game?

[quote name='kjauburn']I have checked my area as well and there is nothing. I know which stores drop the items first and went on monday hoping to find some marketplace points or something. No luck at all, still full price...[/QUOTE]

Same here. I keep looking for the marketplace points and there they sit on the shelf, same old regular price...

Although its probably better that I don't find them on on clearance, I'd probably buy up all they had...

Kokomo, Indiana had the following:

GC:

Geist - $12.50
VJ - $5

GBA
Drill Dozer - $7.50

PS2
Marc Ecko (has trouble) Getting (it) Up - $10

Possibly a few more as well... I noticed a copy of NHL Hitz 2002 for the GC, didn't care to buy it so I didn't scan it, although now I wish I had just out of curiousity as to how that game ended up there. Some of the clearance games were indeed unmarked.

I've been at two different Targets in the past two days.

Neither had Chibi Robo or 360 games on clearance. An assortment of the typical clearance games (Geist, Lizzie, Jungle Beat) were available at average prices. Best find was the XBOX GTA double pack for 7.48.

One had the Zen mp3 player at 169.99 (not on clearance), the other didn't have any.

One had the Mobiblu 2GB mp3 cube (it's so cute!) on clearance at 139.99 down from 169.99. I would love one of these if it drops more.

If you're in the south SF Bay, don't waste your time on the Stevens Creek Target or the Showers Drive, Mountain View Target. Neither have any clearance prices on anything when I checked them out a couple days ago.

If anyone finds out differently, though, that would be news to me.

No luck in the Austin Tx Targets for Chibi-robo although the one at I-35 and William Cannon, just up the road from ex-cag swishahouse lol, had several Drill Dozer's for 7.50. Nothing else notable really.

[quote name='Gaiden']If you're in the south SF Bay, don't waste your time on the Stevens Creek Target or the Showers Drive, Mountain View Target. Neither have any clearance prices on anything when I checked them out a couple days ago.

If anyone finds out differently, though, that would be news to me.[/QUOTE]

Gaiden have you checked the redwood city target?? i checked out the san mateo one a couple days ago and there was nothing worthwhile

[quote name='rly723']Gaiden have you checked the redwood city target?? i checked out the san mateo one a couple days ago and there was nothing worthwhile[/quote]

Hmm, I haven't been there since last week, when there wasn't any clearance going on there that I could see. If you happen to have a chance to check it in the near future, who knows...you might find one Target in the Peninsula area that's got some good deals :p

Cupertino Target in South Bay Area had half a dozen Drill Dozers for $7.98 about three weeks ago. Also had a couple Spiderman 2 for Xbox, Riddick for $4.98, and Getting Up PC for $4.98.

[quote name='homern3d']Cupertino Target in South Bay Area had half a dozen Drill Dozers for $7.98 about three weeks ago. Also had a couple Spiderman 2 for Xbox, Riddick for $4.98, and Getting Up PC for $4.98.[/quote]

Hmm, that's definitely unfortunate I missed that. There seems to be nothing left of that clearance, when I last checked.

in some locations with the $7.48 Drill Dozers: if you can still find it, it should now be $3.74, though at that price, it's usually gonna get picked off the shelf for salvage/Goodwill.

can anyone confirm, from local and from other states.

Naruto: Clash of Ninja (GC) now only $19.99 :bouncy:

originally this was priced at $39.99. even stores like BB, CC, Wal-Mart, & TRU have it around full price. i think this is the lowest price right now.

coz i was surprised to see this title outside the glass cabinet. and I'm dying to get this game since it came out, but $39.99 is too much.

others: (worth checking)
Max Payne 2 (PS2) --> $7.48
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PS2) --> $13.98

[quote name='topnotch97']
others:
Max Payne 2 (PS2) --> $7.48
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PS2) --> $13.98[/quote]

Are you looking for Max Payne 2 or did you already find it? If so, I know where you can pick it up at that price.

[quote name='Gaiden']Are you looking for Max Payne 2 or did you already find it? If so, I know where you can pick it up at that price.[/QUOTE]

i already have it, thanks.
just passing along to those who might want it.

The brand new Super Target here in Fredericksburg, VA has Drill Dozer for $7.48 (I think...it might have been $7.98; still a steal). If I hadn't gotten it at the CC clearance, I would've picked up a copy.

I was at Target yesterday and they had some games out of the glass in a "valued section", yet some of the ones I scanned still came out to like 19.99 or whatever price they regularly are. Are these on sale or what?

[quote name='allyourblood']in some locations with the $7.48 Drill Dozers: if you can still find it, it should now be $3.74, though at that price, it's usually gonna get picked off the shelf for salvage/Goodwill.[/quote]

If an item is set to be salvaged it doesn't give you a new price, it just tells you to salvage it.

I went to Target today and Princess Peach (I have it already, but just checking for you guys), all Nintendogs, and the Gameboy Player were all full price. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat w/ Bongos was clearanced, but only at $38.XX. Pretty weak.

Nothing at the Novato, CA Target.

Lots of copies of Batman Begins (GC), Marc Ecko's Gettin' Up (PC), Xbox 1 Memory Cards, and 1 copy of Donkey Kong Jungle Beat for $38.XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back