Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Do you know when Drill Dozers will be out of the system? I believe it's $3.74 now, but not sure if it will still be when I plan to go there on Monday.

i had seen geist marked at $12.something in my local target (fairfield california), a while ago. they also had drill dozer for $7.something. the other day while browsing around, i saw that the same copies of geist are now marked down to... about $5 or $6? would've grabbed one, if i didn't already have it. the drill dozers are gone now, i think.

PC version of marc ecko's getting up was also marked very cheap. less than $10 if i remember correctly.

[quote name='Blackout542']I was at Target yesterday and they had some games out of the glass in a "valued section", yet some of the ones I scanned still came out to like 19.99 or whatever price they regularly are. Are these on sale or what?[/QUOTE]
no no no, you're looking in the wrong spot. :D

the "value" rack is a red herring (usually $10-$20 items). what you want to look for is another end-of-the-aisle shelf in that department (or a nearby one) where they shove a bunch of red-stickered items, usually a mix of different kinds of stuff. for example the clearance shelf might have a few books, a few music CDs, and a few PC & console games. the clearance shelves are really not obvious to a lot of people, and they walk right past it, but you can usually identify it by the fact that it's a bunch of random stuff that doesn't seem to belong there (until you look at the price tags and realize you found the clearance shelf).

the clearance corner would be that end-of-aisle stash at another location. like far away from the video games area. try looking over the DVD section, and you'll find it.

could anyone also verify if there's a price cut on Naruto: Clash of Ninja? coz i saw one at my Target. the new price is $19.99. it's not even marked "clearance" or anything else, just like a regular price label.

Has anyone picked up a Suikoden IV from Target lately? I ask because I saw one copy left at my local store yesterday and didnt really think about it until I left. I am wondering what their price on this is and if it was ever clearanced out. I will probably go back in the morning and check, but any help would be appreciated.

[quote name='topnotch97']does Geist (GC) still ring up at $12.48?
coz i remember someone from the previous pages ringing up lower.[/quote]

just nabbed the last one at my nearest Target for $6.24.

Saw some Drill Dozers in the case marked $29.99, but they scanned as "Item Not Found", so it might be out of system at more stores by now. I had already picked it up from Best Buy last month, so it was no big deal to me.

I've noticed clearance stuff is disappearing faster lately and isn't around long enough to drop to a decent price. People have been buying stuff after one drop or it has been shipped off somewhere else.

[quote name='topnotch97']can anyone confirm, from local and from other states.

Naruto: Clash of Ninja (GC) now only $19.99 :bouncy:

originally this was priced at $39.99. even stores like BB, CC, Wal-Mart, & TRU have it around full price. i think this is the lowest price right now.

coz i was surprised to see this title outside the glass cabinet. and I'm dying to get this game since it came out, but $39.99 is too much.
[/QUOTE]

I can confirm Naruto (GC) was marked regular price for $19.99 at the Target I went to today. Should be nationwide by now. I also saw it for $19.99 at GameRush, so maybe a universal drop happened???

BELIEVE IT!

[quote name='GunstarRed']I can confirm Naruto (GC) was marked regular price for $19.99 at the Target I went to today. Should be nationwide by now. I also saw it for $19.99 at GameRush, so maybe a universal drop happened???[/quote]

yup. it should be nationwide by now. since you confirm it.

plus it's not even a Player Choice yet, so who knows.

so.... i might get it since i've been waiting to get my hands on this title. but would it drop further? maybe.

New Additions?

I saw an :xbox: Contoller S for $7.48 as well as at least 2 dozen :gba: Yoshi Tilt&Go(?) for $14.98 at the Super Target off of I-80 and Harlem Ave in Tinley Park(?), IL

[quote name='soonerdoc']picked up a gamecube gameboy player for 12.48 today at target 50th and penn in okla city[/QUOTE]

You mean 50th and May.

I was in there the other day and did'nt see any GB players.

Geist in the two targets near me are still $12.48. They were still sitting in the case marked at $49.99 until I had them pull them and scan them. The register didn't ring it up but the PDA thingy did at $12.48. Had to be 4-5 copies per store. Will wait and see if they get marked down further. Only worth about $6 to me.

Found no new clearance stuff today, but do have an amusing anecdote...I saw the 19.99 GC Naruto in the case, so I asked the employee at the electronics counter if I could get a game out of the case. He grabs his keys and we walk over, and I tell him its in the Gamecube case. He opens it and immediately grabs a Madden 07 and holds it out for me, with a bored expression on his face. LOL. I said "Thanks, I'll pass" and grabbed the Naruto. I guess I was the only fucker today NOT there to buy Madden!

[quote name='dinovelvet']Found no new clearance stuff today, but do have an amusing anecdote...I saw the 19.99 GC Naruto in the case, so I asked the employee at the electronics counter if I could get a game out of the case. He grabs his keys and we walk over, and I tell him its in the Gamecube case. He opens it and immediately grabs a Madden 07 and holds it out for me, with a bored expression on his face. LOL. I said "Thanks, I'll pass" and grabbed the Naruto. I guess I was the only fucker today NOT there to buy Madden![/QUOTE]
haha, I feel the same way. I hate sports games.

[quote name='JibbaJabba']

I was in there the other day and did'nt see any GB players.[/QUOTE]

i dunno...it was on one of the endcaps about 5 sections down from the video game section....

Alhambra, CA
XBOX 360 faceplates (Silver 882224037396, Wood 82224120173) $4.47
Playstation 2 (slim) Vertical Stand 3.97

There were good number of these.

I also saw the 'slim' PS2 vertical stand - it was $3.47 - didn't buy it though. I did pick up a Xbox Live 12month pack with communicator and Tetris Worlds (box was beaten up but everything was in it) for $12.48 and a Mad Catz Xbox memory card for $4.98

what do you do when stuff has been zeroed out?

my target has a bunch of drill dozers and geists, but they are zeroed out so the employees will only sell for the sticker price (20 and 30 respectively).

[quote name='espy605']Are you the guy I always see during TRU and CC sales?

Our Target never has good stuff on sale.[/QUOTE]

Describe him.
Is he ruggedly hansome?

I nabbed Sega Classics Collection for $1.xx today! Now thats a great deal!

Target also has many copies of Yoshi Topsy Turvey for $14.xx. Grab that title if you like platformers and havent so already. Its well worth it for that price.

I grabbed the last Geist (NGC) for 3.96 last night from a local Target. Went there for some cleaning supplies, left with that and the game. The game rang up as $0.00, not in the system. The cashier used the hand scanner, and found it was recently discounted from 12.XX to 4.96. But he gave me an additional dollar off for the trouble.

That's what I call a nice deal.

[quote name='Gaiden']I grabbed the last Geist (NGC) for 3.96 last night from a local Target. Went there for some cleaning supplies, left with that and the game. The game rang up as $0.00, not in the system. The cashier used the hand scanner, and found it was recently discounted from 12.XX to 4.96. But he gave me an additional dollar off for the trouble.

That's what I call a nice deal.[/quote]

damn i hate you.

ahahahahahahaha :lol:

[quote name='bg2001']what do you do when stuff has been zeroed out?

my target has a bunch of drill dozers and geists, but they are zeroed out so the employees will only sell for the sticker price (20 and 30 respectively).[/QUOTE]
Same happened to me yesterday when I tried to get Sonic Heroes for GC. Register (and mounted scanner for customers) said $0, so the employee would only sell it for $13 or so as marked. I passed.

What you should do, though, is make the employee scan it with a hand scanner. I went back today and the guy grumbled about it, and looked totally lost while he tried to scan it, but then looked surprised when it scanned for $5 or so.

Good luck.

but be aware that even handscanners aren't updated or updated their flash. coz the scanners read the UPC of whatever's last entry on the scanner's flash memory.

so some store's aren't updating the handscanners. unless if they started doing their routine pricing inventory or updating the price stickers at the end of their weekly cycle. then that would be only time the scanners are updated.

and yeah Sonic Heroes (GC) was $4.98 when i got it.

Didn't want to go through every post so disreguard the following if already posted. My local Target had the Urban Cammo TGZ 360 faceplates for $3.74

[quote name='topnotch97']but be aware that even handscanners aren't updated or updated their flash. coz the scanners read the UPC of whatever's last entry on the scanner's flash memory.
[/quote]

I think the point is that you don't lose anything by asking someone with a hand scanner, and many times you will end up with a better price than the sticker.

As with everything at Target, YMMV, who knows, and good luck ;)

the LRT's (hand scanners) are updated automatically through the wireless settings at the stoe. Theres ways to go in using the register to find a price but not many of your lonley floor personell will know how. With the LRT they can use the functions NOP (not on Planogram) or UPCS and it will usually come up with the last price that was in the system. Once something has been $0 its usually going to salvage which is a term used for when the stores donate the stuff to the local Goodwill DAV or similar store. The price change team is usually swamped and under staffed so stuff gets missed a lot (or they just print the label without ever finding the item to make their numbers look good).

Also Targets clearence markdowns are based on sales. So if Game a is selling well at 19.98 at Store A but not moving at all at Store B then it will be markdown quicker at Store B than Store A. For the most part stuff on clearance will be universal to every store if it has the same lay out (stores built in the same year will have the same layout, but these layouts (or prototypes) change every year or two). The smaller (usually way older) stores tend to have more clearence (especially in games) as they don't have enough space.

Also anything ending in a $x.x4 (like the $3.74 faceplate) will usually be the final markdown price for that item.

One more thing, during the stores inventory (usually done overnight during April or May, look for white or yellow strips hanging from pegs or off shelves) theres usually a ton of items that have been out of the store for so long that theres no way to salvage them or get any pricing info so these usually go for violently cheap. They'll be marked with a bigger orange sticker with a white stripe through the middle and a barcode on that sticker.

Went to my local Target (Denton, TX), and they had 3 Xbox Live 3-month Starter Kits (360 pack) for $9.98. I grabbed one; when I came back with my friend about 3 hours later, the remaining two were gone...found that kind of strange, considering they've been there for several weeks...Oh well!

Thanks topnotch97 and ryu489 for clarifying the hand scanners for us.

Also while I was at Target picking up Sonic Heroes (GC) for $4.98, there were tons of Max Payne 2 (PS2) clearanced to $3.74 (at least 25). I picked up a couple for friends, but if anyone is looking for it, send me a PM.

My local Target has Naruto: Clash of the Ninja for the GameCube on a reduced price (it's not showing up on their site or in their weekly ad). Rather than $39.99, it's being sold for $19.99. I don't think it's a temporary price cut since the tag it had attached said "Price Cut: Now $19.99" rather than saying "Temporary Price Cut."

[quote name='Tsukento']My local Target has Naruto: Clash of the Ninja for the GameCube on a reduced price (it's not showing up on their site or in their weekly ad). Rather than $39.99, it's being sold for $19.99. I don't think it's a temporary price cut since the tag it had attached said "Price Cut: Now $19.99" rather than saying "Temporary Price Cut."[/QUOTE]
yeah I got me a Naruto for $19.99 yesterday. Been waiting for a price cut. Now they need to drop Chibi Robo.

well it looks like the Naruto game is indeed a universal price drop. since i saw that drop like last week, everyone is reporting in from their local Target.

do you guys think $20 value is still too much for Naruto(GC)? i think the price is OK, and be wouldn't dissappointed. not to mention a $20 price cut, typically price cuts are like $10 off, but this is a fat cut.

other than that, nothing new from my Target, nothing great either. :roll:

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Describe him.
Is he ruggedly hansome?[/quote]

He was at the CC 8.96 sale and gave me the last copy of Guilty Gear: DS.

I somehow managed upon a Taiko Drum Master yesterday still at $9.99! It was the last one and possibly a return at this stage in the sale.

I also saw something truly disturbing: The had Greatest Hits copies of "50 Cent: Bulletproof"! How in the blue hell is that a GH?!?!

Also had Greatest Hits and Player's Choice versions of "Shadow the Hedgehog". I've noticed Target gets in their Greatest Hits games sometimes weeks before any other store.

[quote name='GunstarRed']I somehow managed upon a Taiko Drum Master yesterday still at $9.99! It was the last one and possibly a return at this stage in the sale.

I also saw something truly disturbing: The had Greatest Hits copies of "50 Cent: Bulletproof"! How in the blue hell is that a GH?!?!

Also had Greatest Hits and Player's Choice versions of "Shadow the Hedgehog". I've noticed Target gets in their Greatest Hits games sometimes weeks before any other store.[/QUOTE]
Shadow the Hedgehog hit PC? :/ At least it'll be hopeful to get it cheap soon.

I have a question- can you renew your xbox live membership with one of these clearance 17.99 xbox kits or do you lose your screen name and have to rejoin as a new member. I am an uneducated mom trying to save a few bucks here.:D

[quote name='GunstarRed']
[/quote]

Damn that is disturbing, the fact that crap games sell like that while other gems never get much respect. A lot of kids these days will buy anything with 50's name on it though.

[quote name='GunstarRed']
[/QUOTE]

Here are the sad facts (from next gen)

50 Cent: Bulletproof
VU Games / Genuine Games
Platform: PS2
Released: November '05
Estimated Sales: 600,000
Revenues: $27 million
Franchise Sales: 850,000
Game ranking: 45.3%

[quote name='jah2004'][quote name='GunstarRed']
[/quote]

Damn that is disturbing, the fact that crap games sell like that while other gems never get much respect. A lot of kids these days will buy anything with 50's name on it though.[/quote]
Yup, for some reason it is "cool" to support the wealth gain of a murderer.

Not sure if this item's been mentioned yet, but I picked up a Nyko PSP Theater System for $17.48 today. Original price was $69.99, so I'm not about to complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back