Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

[quote name='Corvin']I know there are a few CAGers in Louisville. Hurstbourne location had 1 silver faceplate left last night at close for $4.74.

I know that isn't much, but it may help someone.[/QUOTE]

All the Target on Westport and Hubbards Lane had was Mario Tennis GBA marked down to $20.98. BLAH!

[quote name='locutus411']Auto Assault (PC MMO) - $5.
[/QUOTE]

Is this the limited edition version or regular? Does it end with 9 cents? I thought I read somewhere that that would mean it's probably a non-clearance price drop (and would prolly not be specific to just one region).

Just got some HOT deals

M and M's chocolate candies [standard size] original or peanut 17 cents

Payday and PayDay Avalanche standard size 18 cents

Bubbalicious Watermelon 10 pack 21 cents

YMMV = )

[quote name='sarausagi']Just got some HOT deals

M and M's chocolate candies [standard size] original or peanut 17 cents

Payday and PayDay Avalanche standard size 18 cents

Bubbalicious Watermelon 12 pack 21 cents

YMMV = )[/QUOTE]
Are these backwards compatible with the Xbox 360?

[quote name='Stoneage']Are these backwards compatible with the Xbox 360?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that, but I know the Bubbalicious is XBox Live enabled and that the Payday is in Dolby 5.1

But seriously, my real deal was FIRE EMBLEM PATH OF RADIENCE for $7.48, last copy.

The OP says this thread is for clearanced items, and not sales/reductions, but I thought I'd post it here to save clutter.

I found Field Commander (PSP) for $19.99 at the Target in Seekonk, MA last night. It was marked as such, and they still had a few more.

[quote name='Aconitic']sorry if posted already...but i saw someoen said donkey kong jungle beat for 19.99

well my target had it for 13.94[/quote]

yep. that's how much i paid. well, i don't remember the last number, but $13.9x. fun game.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I saw a ton of Simpsons Hit & Run (ps2) for $13.xx and Odama for $34.xx at the Target in Watertown Mall.[/QUOTE]
Odama eh? Can't wait for it to drop more. Thanks.

A Target I went to last week had a overhaul in the game section. They pushed a LOT of games in the endcap and had a section sealed off for PS3. They even had the posters and banner set up. I scanned a lot of games in the endcap myself (since they were out of glass cage) and all rang up at full price :cry:

I don't understand the whole clearance thing for games.
Are all the games mentioned here considered as clearance, the only difference being the prices, depending on location or is it possible that a clearance game may not be in the system at all at another Target and ring up at full price?
Thanks ahead.

when i went to check out with donkey kong jungle beat..it scanned 0.00...but rather then give it to me :)cry:) he checked the tag ..then came back and said 54.99. i asked him if he could check in the system and he used the pricing machine (i think they use it to scan the barcodes to print out the tags) and showed up 13.94 on that.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I don't understand the whole clearance thing for games.
Are all the games mentioned here considered as clearance, the only difference being the prices, depending on location or is it possible that a clearance game may not be in the system at all at another Target and ring up at full price?
Thanks ahead.[/quote]

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Odama eh? Can't wait for it to drop more. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Odama was $24.xx at the Target here in NY. I didn't know it was a good deal.

Targets in Deaborn and Novi Michigan have Dungeon and Dungeons Online Stormreach for about $8 and an Sony Online Entertainment Station pack for about $8 as well.

All this is for the PC!!!

[quote name='whitereflection']Odama was $24.xx at the Target here in NY. I didn't know it was a good deal.[/QUOTE]
I dunno if people would consider it a good deal, you can get it for 24.99 after GGC at Bestbuy. I'm just dying to play it.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I saw a ton of Simpsons Hit & Run (ps2) for $13.xx and Odama for $34.xx at the Target in Watertown Mall.[/QUOTE]

Yep, noticed a cart full of them waiting for the clearance rack here in Melbourne also... same prices.

sorry for starting a new thread for this, but the old Target clearance thread is gone?

About two weeks ago i noticed that Target had placed all copies of Odama on endcap clearance for 34.98. Can anyone confirm a drop for this yet? That's obviously no deal--but i know Target does fairly regular drops on clearance stuff.

This is one of those games that I am willing to try, but only for a nice price (around $10 or so) My Target had several on clerance.

Hell, even Gamerush dropped the regular price on this to $29.99 a few weeks back. I think Best Buy too... Hopefully I can find one mistagged at a Target in 3-4 weeks when it is down to $12.48.

If anyone wants a mint one not used.. I will sell it for $20 honestly never got around to playing it. I have over 250+ on gametz.
pm

I can confirm this and Pokemon XD have dropped. They weren't on an endcap yet but were still in a pulltub that was getting tagged (they're so slow)

[quote name='Ugamer_X']The Target clearance thread still exists, but it got unstickied because some people thought it was unecessary. So now, we get have new threads pop up whenever a clearance deal is found. It's not your fault though.[/quote]

The Target and K-Mart clearance threads should still be stickied. I'm not sure what they were thinking taking those popular threads off a spot on the first page.

Anyone who finds a clearance deal at Target should just bump the old thread.

Yeah seriously...K-mart thread is the only one i check regularly...As for Odama been waiting to get this, i saw a couple of targets that had a few of these on clearance 34.98...This was last Saturday...I think if it goes down to $15 i'll pick it up...

I'm waiting for the sub-$15 price point. I have a feeling that by then the boxes will be a bit mushed and mashed up....but I'm willing to wait.

yeah, I saw this a week or two ago and posted it in the Target thread. If anyone lives in Boston, MA and wants the game. The Virgin Mega Store had like 6 copies for $9.99 on Wendsday.

i saw a couple last night at target. they had a whole slew of games on an endcap. so i grabbed a bunch of games and price checked 'em, but most were 19.99 with odama at 34.

they're making way for the wii and ps3

[quote name='lurknomore']I'm waiting for the sub-$15 price point. I have a feeling that by then the boxes will be a bit mushed and mashed up....but I'm willing to wait.[/QUOTE]

I recommend stashing then. My store had 3 on the shelf, but mysteriously there are only 2 now:p

Just a heads up for all of you that have Target's that donate to Goodwill. I was at my Goodwill yesterday and they had some of the recent guides that are listed in this thread; MGS3:Subsistence, King Kong, etc.

[quote name='speedy05']my Target has Odama for $34.98, I'll wait 'til it drops some more.[/QUOTE]

Ditto for Hurstbourne in Louisville.

I'm new and I was about to post this.. good thing I checked. anyway my Target (Atl,Ga) had it for around $32 I think. I would like to buy it at $15 or less but I highly highly doubt it will survive that long. Anyhow it gets down to $20 it will be picked clean.

I might grab it if it's still in stock at $10-12, otherwise I'll wait for Circuit City or Best Buy to clearance out their 50 million copies collecting dust. This game got pretty bad to mediocre reviews all around, mostly due to the difficulty of controlling your troops, I believe. I'll give it a chance anyway...just not going to pay a lot for this muffler.

By the way, this will hit rock bottom price around the same time Target gets in their Wii games, so it's a title to keep an eye out for when you go to Target to pick up your 3 Wii titles to get your free $20 gift card (best Wii launch deal posted so far).

[quote name='Aconitic']when i went to check out with donkey kong jungle beat..it scanned 0.00...but rather then give it to me :)cry:) he checked the tag ..then came back and said 54.99. i asked him if he could check in the system and he used the pricing machine (i think they use it to scan the barcodes to print out the tags) and showed up 13.94 on that.[/quote]

When an item shows up as $0.00 they'll either give you the last clearance price for it, or it needs to be salvaged. $0.00 is how Target lists things that are to be salvaged, they won't just "give it to you".

[quote name='neudog']Just a heads up for all of you that have Target's that donate to Goodwill. I was at my Goodwill yesterday and they had some of the recent guides that are listed in this thread; MGS3:Subsistence, King Kong, etc.[/quote]

KI.jpg
There is no need to fight, there are items for all:razz:

^^ I like that part of the sig! Nice!

My Target had a Shadow of the Collosus guide for a mere 5 bones... if it was 1 cent I would have bought it.

[quote name='neudog']Just a heads up for all of you that have Target's that donate to Goodwill. I was at my Goodwill yesterday and they had some of the recent guides that are listed in this thread; MGS3:Subsistence, King Kong, etc.[/quote]
Only if Goodwill is not trying to sell them at a higher price than Target's clearance price ;)

[quote name='eau']Only if Goodwill is not trying to sell them at a higher price than Target's clearance price ;)[/QUOTE]

The ones I found were $1.49 w/ 50% off due to the sticker color, so basically you should be paying $.75-1.49. Of course we all know this is YMMV, but it is worth checking out if you want any of the guides.:)

[quote name='speedy05']Odama is down to $24.XX finally at my local Target, time to buy.[/QUOTE]

Eh, that's just the price at Best Buy with a GGC... this is one I'm hoping gets to be $10 or lower, since they are in the glass cases around here and normal people won't be able to find them probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back