Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

[quote name='Roufuss']Eh, that's just the price at Best Buy with a GGC... this is one I'm hoping gets to be $10 or lower, since they are in the glass cases around here and normal people won't be able to find them probably.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I hear ya but my BB no longer carries it & they are all out of the glass with the red $24.XX sticker on all of 'em so I really would hate to miss 'em.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I'll pickup ODAMA for $15 or less ;)[/QUOTE]

ditto - checked it tonight, and its still holding strong for $24.98. hopefully, it will drop next week :pray:

Odama still $24.98 here as well. I keep checking... They've only got 3 copies, and I'm afraid all the boxes will be crushed and fucked up before it drops low enough for me to buy. :(

Hopefully Odama will drop soon to a good price.
There were only three left the last time I checked.
I tried to hide them, so hopefully no one will find them

everquest titanium for pc - $4.98

picked up 3 of them, took 'em straight to ebay, and sold for more than $20 each. heh heh heh heh heh. :cool: :rocks: :awesome: :eek:hyeah:

[quote name='rarebucky']Wouldn't it be possible to buy odama at 25 now and return and rebuy when it's cheaper? seems a lot easier than 'hiding' the game.[/quote]

Unfortunately it isn't that easy. Target won't price adjust clearance items. They will not let you buy them back immediately either. Instead, they have to be "processed" and are returned to the floor later. So returning and rebuying them is a gamble since you don't know when the games will return to the floor. I lost 3 psp games for cheap that way...:cry: .

[quote name='Freshwillis']I got Baseball Mogul 2007 (PC) for 4.98. I'm addicted to it.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I had no idea Target carried BM. I will have to look for it. 5 bucks is awesome!

My Target has 3 of the Odama games still sitting in the glass case with no clearance tags on them at all. Hopefully they will stay in there until the price really goes low. Then I will get one.

[quote name='kell']Unfortunately it isn't that easy. Target won't price adjust clearance items. They will not let you buy them back immediately either. Instead, they have to be "processed" and are returned to the floor later. So returning and rebuying them is a gamble since you don't know when the games will return to the floor. I lost 3 psp games for cheap that way...:cry: .[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I tried return, rebuy, and do price adjustment but no GO for me. They told me it's clearance & it ringup $0 on the computer. So they either use small computer unit to scann it to findout what's the last price & sale it to you (YMMV). Surely, 90% they take it back to the backroom & send it back to somewhere.

Since the Target clearance thread is missing now, Electronics at Target (including video games) drop in clearance discount every Monday, if they are going to drop. Odama is 50% of at my Target. I'm waiting for 75% :)

[quote name='auralia']25$ at my target[/QUOTE]
Which is still more than it costs at Best Buy after GGC - reg price is $29.99-$5=$24.99.

Not a great game IMHO. I rented it from Gamefly and gave up after 10 minutes. The microphone is a gimick that frankly didn't work for me - using the standard controller made it even more blah. Definitely not worth spending more that 10 bucks on.

I agree with the Gamespot mini-review: "It's definitely unique as far as strategy games go, but Odama's novel mechanics and oddly authentic samurai feel are kneecapped by punishing difficulty and oft frustrating controls. 6.6"

[quote name='Masterkyo']Agreed! I tried return, rebuy, and do price adjustment but no GO for me. They told me it's clearance & it ringup $0 on the computer. So they either use small computer unit to scann it to findout what's the last price & sale it to you (YMMV). Surely, 90% they take it back to the backroom & send it back to somewhere.[/quote]

Around here, goodwill, where tehy sell it for 75% of retail (25% off)

[quote name='DCGCPlayer']Which is still more than it costs at Best Buy after GGC - reg price is $29.99-$5=$24.99.

Not a great game IMHO. I rented it from Gamefly and gave up after 10 minutes. The microphone is a gimick that frankly didn't work for me - using the standard controller made it even more blah. Definitely not worth spending more that 10 bucks on.

I agree with the Gamespot mini-review: "It's definitely unique as far as strategy games go, but Odama's novel mechanics and oddly authentic samurai feel are kneecapped by punishing difficulty and oft frustrating controls. 6.6"[/quote]

i must be blind but i can never find the ggc at the bestbuy in cuyahoga falls

My Target had a ton of these in the case...doesn't look like they sold even one copy at full price. They'll probably still be there when it hits $10-12. Clearance games never sell at Target until they take them out of the case and put them on an endcap. Hopefully, they don't do that with this game, because I'd like a $12 copy.

We lowered the price on Odama to $12.48 this morning at my Target. It was really odd, because normally electronics markdowns are on monday at my store.

I grabbed Odama for $12 today, they were put apart from the video games, of course the staff at my Target is very sketchy when it comes to keeping stuff in a good place to be nabbed up by employees and friends of such.

[quote name='advancedgamer468']Is this game really that good? From what I'm seeing it's been reviewed as mostly a 6.5 across the board.[/QUOTE] no its not very good. i want one at a good price tho, just cause its weird as hell.

Oh damns, I have wanted me some Odama.

If I don't find it and someone finds it for 12, let me know. I'll report back soon.

[quote name='doc005']Just checked, Odama is still $25 at my target[/quote]

It is still $25 at mine too. I'm hoping it will be $12 on Monday. I think they still have three copies left.

None at mine at all. So if someone were willing to ship a $12 Odama for about 15-16 bucks (in a box, slow shipping), lemme know.

Also if you found Wii DVDs for a penny, I could use one of those as well.

And I could really use some milk...

Here, I'll make you a list....

[quote name='Strell']None at mine at all. So if someone were willing to ship a $12 Odama for about 15-16 bucks (in a box, slow shipping), lemme know.

Also if you found Wii DVDs for a penny, I could use one of those as well.

And I could really use some milk...

Here, I'll make you a list....[/quote]

Well if you still need both come Monday I can probably help you out. They had several Odama's still marked at $25 at my Target along with several Wii DVD's ( I picked up one) If Odama's marked down Monday I'll be picking that up and can snag an extra of that and the Wii DVD.

[quote name='lawdood']Well if you still need both come Monday I can probably help you out. They had several Odama's still marked at $25 at my Target along with several Wii DVD's ( I picked up one) If Odama's marked down Monday I'll be picking that up and can snag an extra of that and the Wii DVD.[/QUOTE]

Aye sir. Let me know what happens since I know I won't snag a copy before then (if ever).

Appreciate it!

I picked up Beatmania Bundle for $29.99 yesterday. Didn't have a price tag or anything above it so I asked the guy to pull it out and scan it. It's not a huge savings or anything but way lower than before.

I checked the price on Kingdom Hearts COM again and it came up $.00 So I took one up to the cashier and it scanned $.00 there too. She asked her manager what to do and the manager told her to key in some number then the price as marked (which was $9.98) then take 75% off of that price. So I ended up getting it for $2.50! I then told the cashier I'd be back in a few because there were more back in electronics. So I grabbed about 5 copies of the game. I love it when I can rescue a game destined to the Goodwill. :)

I also picked up Wrestlemania 21 for the Xbox for $4.98 at a different store.

[quote name='shiningslade']I checked the price on Kingdom Hearts COM again and it came up $.00 So I took one up to the cashier and it scanned $.00 there too. She asked her manager what to do and the manager told her to key in some number then the price as marked (which was $9.98) then take 75% off of that price. So I ended up getting it for $2.50! I then told the cashier I'd be back in a few because there were more back in electronics. So I grabbed about 5 copies of the game. I love it when I can rescue a game destined to the Goodwill. :)

I also picked up Wrestlemania 21 for the Xbox for $4.98 at a different store.[/quote]

Wow...KH: CoM for $2.50? I've been dying to get the game now that i have my DS Lite :) Too bad this is YMMV.

I just scanned a copy of Odama yesterday at my store for $25.xx. I'll have to swing by today and see if it's dropped down to the $12.48 price... that would make it worth while.

Went in to look for Odama which they didn't have and looked at Beatmania bundle which had a tag of $30. I don't know if it's been at that price for awhile or not because i don't keep up to date with this thread.

[quote name='kdunn77']Picked up Odama for $12.48 in Apex, NC.[/QUOTE]

12.48 at the Melbourne Target (bought 1 Saturday) and ~$24 at the Vierra Super Target (checked Sunday). 'Cheap' games at both of these stores are placed about 4 isles from the game section... sort of close to hardware/sporting goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back