Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Just checked one in Kissimmee, FL.
Tagged $24.48. Rings up $24.48.
Looks like YMMV for now.

But hey, at least I got one of those 1-cent Activision Wii preview discs. I've been wanting to check out Downhill Jam.

Picked a copy of Odama up for $12.48 at the River Park Target in Fresno CA.

They did have two more copies left as well (in the case in good to great condition) along with Max Payne 2 (Xbox) & The Getaway: Black Monday (PS2) for $7.48

I have an extra Odama (12.48 + tax) I picked up for any CAG who couldn't find one. Not looking to make any money, just to break even on shipping, paypal fee, and the cost of the game.

I have an extra Wii preview disc I'll throw in the box when I ship.

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks,

James

$12.48 here as well.

Also saw The Suffering: The Ties That Bind, and Evil Dead: Regeneration (both XBOX) for $7.48 (50%) off.

I got the last Odama for $12.48 at the Rancho, CA Target. The box was beaten to death, but everything inside is fine and the price was right. I also picked up The Movies Stunts & Effects Expansion Pack (PC) for $9.98 for my girlfriend. I grabbed the last Wii preview DVD for $0.01 as well clearly tagged as a penny on the shelf.

my Target finally had Odama down to $12.48, got one with a perfect box. :)

Also, anyone have an extra Wii Preview disc? My Target doesn't have any...I could trade a Wii Gift Card for one.

man, what's up with my Target. they re-arrange everything like everyday. last night (sunday) they had Odama's in one area, and today they have it another section of the store. wtf!

[quote name='topnotch97']man, what's up with my Target. they re-arrange everything like everyday. last night (sunday) they had Odama's in one area, and today they have it another section of the store. wtf![/QUOTE]

That is why you hide a copy in an area that rarely gets touched.

When does Target update the prices? The thread mentioned that before but I don't remember what it said. Was it Fridays or Saturdays?

My Target had 3 on Sunday but they only had one today ($24.98 still) so I'll have to keep a close eye on this one.

[quote name='Renald']When does Target update the prices? The thread mentioned that before but I don't remember what it said. Was it Fridays or Saturdays?

My Target had 3 on Sunday but they only had one today ($24.98 still) so I'll have to keep a close eye on this one.[/quote]

Electronics prices are updated on Mondays.

Have anyone found this deal on the DFW area?????

C'mon Texaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssss..................

I found another Target with two more copies of Odama improperly marked, but ringing up at $12.48. I could get more for other CAGs, yet the cost to ship it in a crushproof box + taxes, PayPal fees, etc., drives the costs up to about $18 shipped, thus killing the deal, unless someone wanted to trade for it.

If they hold out until the next price drop, the shipped cost will be a much better deal, so I'll keep an eye on them.

I just happened to be in Target (Arizona, marked as a Price Cut so I dont know if thats regional or local or not) yesterday and saw this and bought it. Hey anything that is half price a Greatest Hits title is a good deal. Pretty fun game so far!

[quote name='kayabound']I just happened to be in Target (Arizona, marked as a Price Cut so I dont know if thats regional or local or not) yesterday and saw this and bought it. Hey anything that is half price a Greatest Hits title is a good deal. Pretty fun game so far![/quote]

This should go into the Target clearance thread. Also it can also be found for 8.96 at Circuit City for Xbox and PS2.

[quote name='MadFlava']This should go into the Target clearance thread. Also it can also be found for 8.96 at Circuit City for Xbox and PS2.[/QUOTE]
Price cuts are not clearance, they're just signage indicating a new lower price (permanent unless the sign says "temporary") and should be national.

[quote name='speedy05']my Target finally had Odama down to $12.48, got one with a perfect box. :)

Also, anyone have an extra Wii Preview disc? My Target doesn't have any...I could trade a Wii Gift Card for one.[/QUOTE]

I have an extra sealed preview DVD disc I'd trade for a Wii gift card - my Target didn't have any in stock. PM me if interested (your mailbox is full).

Anyone found a copy of Odama, could you post the SKU # for it? I'd like to check to see if any of the Targets around me have it, and it's useless to do so without the Target SKU # or UPC #.

UPC # appears to be 045496963422 , for anyone who needs it.

The one Target I did call had it, though he happily rattled off the shelf tag price. :wall::wall::wall:

[quote name='crewj']besides calling in, is there another way to check in stock merchandise @ target online?[/quote]
Nope. Target Online is a seperate part of Target, and they can't do any inventory checks for in-store inventory.

It was $25 at the West Madison, WI Target yesterday. I might give it another try again today though at the $12 price range.

[quote name='Nemo_Hyde']$12.48 at my target. GO GO GO!!!![/quote]

Sorry, that should have been - PRESS FORWARD! PRESS FORWARD! RALLY! RALLY! RALLY!

4 copies at my target, plus 2x chibi robo and 1 Fire Emblem Patho f Radiance for $14.99 each.

Need to cash out my Gift Certificate...

[quote name='MadFlava']This should go into the Target clearance thread. Also it can also be found for 8.96 at Circuit City for Xbox and PS2.[/QUOTE]

Ya know, while it would be nice to update that list, it wouldn't do any good for people who might want to buy the game. listing it like this is the only way someone's going to see it, unless they want to daily check a ton of super huge threads.

[quote name='Puppy']Ya know, while it would be nice to update that list, it wouldn't do any good for people who might want to buy the game. listing it like this is the only way someone's going to see it, unless they want to daily check a ton of super huge threads.[/quote]

That's very true... those mega lists are a b*tch to look through...

Oh, and Gun is a GREAT game, as it turns out. I bought it at the CC sale, and I was surprised by how good it was! Buy it!!!!

There's one copy of Odama left at the Ann Arbor/Saline Target for $12.48, if anyone's interested. It's battered, but so was the one I picked up today.

I also found a copy of Gunstar Super Heroes for $13.98. There was only one there and I bought it, but it looks like that might be hitting the clearance shelves at Target stores.

Other finds...The Movies Stunts and Effects for $10, a copy of one of the Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 expansion packs (the zoo one) for $13.98 (and a very large stack of PS2 and Xbox games I didn't bother to dig through and don't remember the prices of the ones I did see anyway :whistle2:().

Also, does anyone know how long you've got for a return at Target? I bought the expansion for The Movies about two weeks ago, and I was considering buying a copy on clearance and returning it with the old receipt for the $10 price difference, but if I'm out of the range...well, it's not worth the gas.

Scooped up a copy today. Thanks, OP and updaters.

With the mic from Mario Party 6 and now this one, I am almost ready to begin recruiting for my Nintendo boy band.

picked mine up at a second target... last copy.

couldn't find the wii gift cards (the ones that glow?)

couldn't believe the wii trailer dvd was 49.99

5$, which considering they still have it new for 49$ is shocking. I picked Odama up today for 12$ and Driver Parallel lines and Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers, both for 10$

They also had Fight Night 2 and MVP 2006 (10$) and The GetAway (PS2 - 8$). I saw The Movies AddOn Stunts for 10$ as well in the PC game section.

I grabbed one at Target today for $12.49...they still had about 4 copies in the display case...looks like I'm the only one that bought one. If it drops to $6.25 in a week or so, I might go grab a couple more for trade bait.

Nice price, but I'm still gonna wait for it to drop a bit more...

[quote name='shrike4242']Anyone found a copy of Odama, could you post the SKU # for it? I'd like to check to see if any of the Targets around me have it, and it's useless to do so without the Target SKU # or UPC #.

UPC # appears to be 045496963422 , for anyone who needs it.

The one Target I did call had it, though he happily rattled off the shelf tag price. :wall::wall::wall:[/QUOTE]

Target DPCI # - 207 14 0665.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']There's one copy of Odama left at the Ann Arbor/Saline Target for $12.48, if anyone's interested. It's battered, but so was the one I picked up today.

I also found a copy of Gunstar Super Heroes for $13.98. There was only one there and I bought it, but it looks like that might be hitting the clearance shelves at Target stores.

Other finds...The Movies Stunts and Effects for $10, a copy of one of the Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 expansion packs (the zoo one) for $13.98 (and a very large stack of PS2 and Xbox games I didn't bother to dig through and don't remember the prices of the ones I did see anyway :whistle2:().

Also, does anyone know how long you've got for a return at Target? I bought the expansion for The Movies about two weeks ago, and I was considering buying a copy on clearance and returning it with the old receipt for the $10 price difference, but if I'm out of the range...well, it's not worth the gas.[/QUOTE]

90 days for returns

Yay! I just called my local Target they have 3 copies for $12.48 a piece. i m on my way to pickup 2 copies (one for me & one for friend) :)

I ended up finding a copy at the South County Target at the $12.48 price. I think there were three other copies there as well.

They actually had the clearance price tags on them.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']There's one copy of Odama left at the Ann Arbor/Saline Target for $12.48, if anyone's interested. It's battered, but so was the one I picked up today.

Also, does anyone know how long you've got for a return at Target? I bought the expansion for The Movies about two weeks ago, and I was considering buying a copy on clearance and returning it with the old receipt for the $10 price difference, but if I'm out of the range...well, it's not worth the gas.[/quote]

That's called return fraud, and it's a felony. People like you who cheat the system annoy me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back