Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

I saw these, but I have a feeling they have been already mentioned:
Starfox Assault $13.98
Need for Speed Underground 2 $13.98 or $14.98 I can't remember which price.

[quote name='lawdood']My Target has a TON of Tony Hawk skateboards/ games for $44.98. I counted at least 25. They also had a few marked down clearance games including Xenosaga II for $6.98 and Mortal Kombat:Armageddon for $10.48. I picked up a copy of X II and left one there.[/quote]
I'm surprised that Target still has Xenosaga II at this time. Good find :applause:

Isn't MK:Armageddon the new game that came out late last year? It's gone clearance so fast?!

[quote name='Greetard']I want to learn how to play guitar, and this seems like the perfect opportunity. Are the Fall Out Boy and All-American Rejects versions decent guitars, and if so, is $50 a justifiable price (even if I hate Fall Out Boy)? Would I be better off trying to find something else?[/quote]

It's a Lyon guitar by Washburn. You can look up reviews and prices online. $50 for a new one is pretty good. If you don't want the autograph on there, it's written in marker on the guitar and would probably come off fairly easily with a Magic Eraser. The guitar itself just looks like a normal guitar...it doesn't have the band's name on it or anything. The guitar strap does, but you can always use a different guitar strap.

I got Dreamfall (after trying three Targets) for 7.48. Two quick questions for those in the know:

1) The US version doesn't use Starforce, right?
2) Was there a DVD version also? I got a PC-CD version.

Looking forward to trying it out.

ha, that copy of Wario Ware Touched ended up surfacing onto the clearance shelves, so I picked it up for $25.

and is everything really supposed to drop to 75% off before getting shipped away, and if so how long does it take? there are a bajillion copies of Mario Golf for GC at my target, so if that's the case then I'll most certainly find some for $5 in the future, which would be a definite buy, but $14 is a little steep for me. Also Starfox Assault, Pikmin 2, Harvest Moon, Baten Kaitos, Resident Evil 4...I would buy all of these for $5.

Oh, and they had Quake 4 for PC for $7. I might have to get this next time I go back.

That Wario Ware was a nice surprise wasn't it?

You might check Sears for a couple of those games you mentioned, quite a few people have found Pikmin 2 there for sub $5 range.

Looking to see if they really do take them away after the 75% discount. Bought the Tony Hawk skateboard and game and there was still 10 left. Went back a few days later to buy one for a friend and they were all gone. Doubt a hoarder bought all of them, or could they???

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']I got Dreamfall (after trying three Targets) for 7.48. Two quick questions for those in the know:

1) The US version doesn't use Starforce, right?
2) Was there a DVD version also? I got a PC-CD version.

Looking forward to trying it out.[/quote]

Sorry! Dreamfall is Starforce Protected...Return it for a full refund. Then email the publisher and tell them you did it. :D

http://www.glop.org/starforce/list.php

Actually you'd be quite surprised at how many Target employees keep the stuff for themselves when they hit 75%. I've many a time overheard Target employees making sure they got all the good clearence stuff before they got marked down for the public. Kinda pisses me off that they can do that, but I guess if you worked there you would do the same thing.

[quote name='BigDirty']On the guitar front; I forgot to mention:

Jersey City, NJ

Hello Kitty Fender Squires - $99.99 in black & pink[/quote]Thanks. I've been seeing all the signature guitar talk, and the only one I'd pick up is the pink Hello Kitty Fender. But not at $99.

Stopped in Target last night and swung by the games section just for fun. I haven't found any clearance games since before Thanksgiving so I wasn't expecting much.

Much to my surprise they had a bunch of games on clearance, but at a very unappealing 30% off. I don't recall all of the titles but I'll list the ones I remember:

Metrioid Prime Echoes (GC) $13.98
Pikmin 2 (GC) $13.98
Shrek 2 GBA $13.98
Sonic GBA $13.98

In November my Target moved almost all of their GC, GBA, Xbox & PS2 games out of the glass case and put them on a back endcap. They needed the room for the Wii & PS3 games. They only have a handful of newer titles behind glass.

What's more interesting is I caught a bit of conversation with 2 of the employees who were going through all of these games with a price gun. From what I caught it appears as if they are getting ready to clear out all of these titles. So I think we can expect some significant price drops at Target in the near future.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm thinkin' you meant Mortal Kombat: Deception.[/quote]

Whoops, I must have had MK:Armageddon on my mind...it was actually Deadly Alliance.

I picked up Killer 7 on Gamecube today for 7.44. Had one left at the Roseville location. Id kill for a copy of Xenosaga 2 :cry:

[quote name='Triz']I picked up Killer 7 on Gamecube today for 7.44. Had one left at the Roseville location. Id kill for a copy of Xenosaga 2 :cry:[/QUOTE]

Check your local Blockbuster or Gamerush. They are $10 I think if you can find one.

Wondering if anyone has seen the Twilight Priness collector's box cheaper than $19.98- I price checked them at my Target this morning and they are still that price. They must be going on at least 2 weeks at this markdown.

[quote name='Billservo']Wondering if anyone has seen the Twilight Priness collector's box cheaper than $19.98- I price checked them at my Target this morning and they are still that price. They must be going on at least 2 weeks at this markdown.[/quote]

My store went from 20 units to 1 ( I picked up the last one) at the $19.98 price.
...might not want to wait too long....

sorry if it's been posted but Capcom classics collection vol.2 for ps2 is 9.99.

i'm not sure what all are on it but it does have a perfect arcade port of super street fighter 2 turbo no loading too. that game overall is relatively rare on any system. so worth the 10 bux just for that.

[quote name='Masterkyo']No way... Gunpey for $13. I'll checkout my Target tomorow ;)[/QUOTE]

I also saw Gunpey on clearance today, but for $14.98. Didn't pick one up. Does anyone know if this game is good?

Also will it have one more price drop?

[quote name='MadFlava']Anyone know if Ace Combat Zero has gone on clearance yet? I'm been looking for a good deal on this game for a while now.[/QUOTE]

Word, Ace Combat 5 was awesome but I've never been able to bring myself to pay the full amount for Zero. I need my arcade flight sim fix dammit.

I didn't have a chance to personally check this out, but supposedly there's some PSP titles coming up at $9.98. The only one the person remembered was Spiderman 2, which isn't a surprise.

ha, picked up Quake 4 today for $7.48 (though I can barely run it) and Kirby Canvas Curse and Advance Wars Dual Strike for $9.98 each. They had one more copy of Kirby, so I might have to snag that one as well.

Yesterday afternoon I checked out the local Target. Picked up:

Killer 7 - Cube - $7.48
Battalion Wars - Cube - $7.48
WWE Day of Reckoning 2 - Cube - $9.98
Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble - DS - $9.98

Saw Pikmin 2, Pac-Man Adventures or whatever the heck it was, both for Cube, as well as a bunch of PS2 sports titles, Shaman King Power of Spirit, and some other stuff I wasn't interested in. More clearance games than I've seen at once at my local Target in literally two years.

So has it been completely confirmed here that the Dreamfall PC from Target is Starforce free? I never even knew there was a Limited Edition, but I assume the $7.98 one from Target is the regular version. Two CAGs here and a website have said it's clean, so I trust your judgment.

Those Zelda Swords are disappearing fast at $19.98. I got one for myself before they all vanished rather than risking it before another price drop. They have a few left, but the thing is heavy and it doesn't qualify for media mail rate, so shipping it would be around $8.05 pretty much killing the deal for other CAGs. You'd be looking at around $30 shipped just to break even.

Was very tempted to get Gunpey DS for $14.98, but managed to hold out for another drop.

Someone here was looking for Xenosaga 2 earlier. Not the best deal, but almost every Sears and K-Mart I go to has it generic stickered for $14.99. It was one of the titles most stores stocked up on for Christmas.

I mentioned the iPod Hi-Fi a little while ago. I went to Target again yesterday and it was down to 50% off ($174.99). Still too rich for my blood, but if anybody sees it go lower it would be good to get a heads up here. I'll try and do the same. I'll probably stop by again on Friday and definitely on Monday. $87 would be an absolutely amazing deal for this system. My Target only has one of them, though, so I'm worried that it'll disappear before it can go that low.

[quote name='icruise']I mentioned the iPod Hi-Fi a little while ago. I went to Target again yesterday and it was down to 50% off ($174.99). Still too rich for my blood, but if anybody sees it go lower it would be good to get a heads up here. I'll try and do the same. I'll probably stop by again on Friday and definitely on Monday. $87 would be an absolutely amazing deal for this system. My Target only has one of them, though, so I'm worried that it'll disappear before it can go that low.[/QUOTE]

Yeah a Target near here at last check had 2 of them. I'm hoping they last til the 75% drop.

[quote name='doc005']I also saw Gunpey on clearance today, but for $14.98. Didn't pick one up. Does anyone know if this game is good?

Also will it have one more price drop?[/quote]

The reviews were positive. I have it on the Wonderswan from like 10 years ago. Interesting puzzle game if you are into puzzle games.

[quote name='hotwls13']Check your local Blockbuster or Gamerush. They are $10 I think if you can find one.[/quote]

It went back up? It was $5 during the summer.

[quote name='Rictor']It went back up? It was $5 during the summer.[/QUOTE]

That's why I said "I think". Couldn't remember how low it went, just that it clearanced.

[quote name='hotwls13']That's why I said "I think". Couldn't remember how low it went, just that it clearanced.[/quote]

It was an honest question on my part. A few of the BB summer clearance games have gone back up in price since the summer.

I went to Target today and picked up a copy of Gunpey for DS at $14.98. It will probably still be there at $7.50 since most Americans have never heard of this game, but I didn't really want to chance it. Also grabbed some DS cases they have that are $5 for a pack of 3. Each case holds 3 DS games. I like these better than the tiny individual DS cases because those are too damn easy to lose, especially if you're traveling and looking for them in a bag full of your crap when you're on an airplane or something (just went through that recently).

Pretty much all sporting goods and camping equipment is 50% off at Target now. I grabbed a couple Spalding mini-basketballs for my arcade basketball game for $3.50 each. I saw a ton of stuff that I'll buy if it hits 75% off, including a $200 foosball table that's $100 right now and a $200 tent with a screened-in sunroom that's $100 right now. They are decent buys now, but for $50 each I won't pass them up. Also, if some of the cheaper accessories hit 75% off, I'll have to stock up. Right now the rain-proof butane lighters (normally $20) are $10 and collapsible weenie roasting sticks are $1, for example. Anyone know if and when the sporting goods stuff might hit 75% off?

I looked for the Ipod thingee you guys are talking about and couldn't find any Ipod stuff on clearance. Guess my store doesn't stock it or it's priced wrong.

picked up gunpey for $14.98 and a really beat up (but still sealed) donkey konga 2 w/ bongos for $9.98.

also, as darkwingduck13 found, a bunch of gc/ps2/xbox games were marked down... most around the $14.98 mark, but also a lot at $7.48 and $9.98.

[quote name='Rihan']Yeah a Target near here at last check had 2 of them. I'm hoping they last til the 75% drop.[/quote]

you know.. you can always just plug an iPod into any set of computer speakers. No need to buy some overpriced, iPod branded device. :cool:

It may be a bit overpriced at its usual price, but the iPod Hi-fi is WAY better than any run-of-the-mill set of computer speakers. Just try reading some reviews.

[quote name='paulduet']you know.. you can always just plug an iPod into any set of computer speakers. No need to buy some overpriced, iPod branded device. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Except the Apple one sounds about 2000% better.

[quote name='Rictor']It was an honest question on my part. A few of the BB summer clearance games have gone back up in price since the summer.

QUOTE]

No worries. :D

Dawn of War Warhammer 40k is $15 as is We Heart Katamari. Kirby CC is ten as is darkwatch. Gunpey DS is $15 too. A lot of boring sports titles too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back