Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nintendonly']10/10 GOTY Edition for what?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mrclutch']Assume Batman AC.[/QUOTE]

LOL...when I read that, I just assumed that there was a game that was named 10 out of 10 that I've never heard of...then I remembered the Batman AC GOTY packaging.

Saw one copy of Rayman Origins on 360 for $5 at a Toledo store (Spring Meadows).

Even though I already have it, I thought about buying it on principal alone as I never find anything good on Clearance there.

[quote name='SmokeMaxX']This whole argument is ridiculous. Nobody can look into the future. If every big store only had what it knew it would sell, then most stores would be half their size. Businesses take into account risks with profit margins and total inventory selection. It's obvious that many of these stores don't lose money even if they sell one item at half price.[/QUOTE]

This guy gets it. Hence why Amazon is headed in the right direction and brick and mortar stores will be a thing of the past. Thanks technology ($arcasm)

[quote name='extracredit']This guy gets it. Hence why Amazon is headed in the right direction and brick and mortar stores will be a thing of the past. Thanks technology ($arcasm)[/QUOTE]

brick and mortar are is thing of the past

im making my stores out of paste and Sugar :)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE RAIN IS MELTING MY STORE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[quote name='TheRyno665']Saw one copy of Rayman Origins on 360 for $5 at a Toledo store (Spring Meadows).

Even though I already have it, I thought about buying it on principal alone as I never find anything good on Clearance there.[/QUOTE]
You already have it so you know it's a great game. give it to a stranger, coworker, classmate, hobo, etc.

Found an elusive $17.98 WiiU TTT2 today; it was the last copy left in the normal gaming shelves, not in clearance, marked at full $59.98. Being as it was the only copy left I thought maybe they were waiting to see if someone bit before putting it out on clearance, but something told me to find a scanner-- so after trying 4 different scanners (first touchscreen didn't work, then the buttons wouldn't call up the pad to enter the DCPI, etc) I found out it was indeed at the $17.98 price.. I nearly ran back across the store to get the game. ;)

So, just in case anyone needs reminding, if you see something that interests you ALWAYS CHECK THE PRICE SCANNERS! The "lazy"/overworked clearance worker or/overlooked-item hidden clearance items are where you score the best deals. ;)

[quote name='maxpower0965']Went to Target there was

MLB the Show 12 $14.98
MLB 2K12 $14.98
NBA 2K12 14.98[/QUOTE]

I would definitely pick up the Show and NBA if I saw those. Perfect price points for me and my newly acquired PS3. I have never seen a good clearance game at all my time being a CAGer.

Picked up a 42in LCD smart tv Vizio for $338. Also got Zone of Enders HD (PS3) for $11.98

Would love to get that TTT2:U if anyone wants to pick me up one.

[quote name='Justin42']Found an elusive $17.98 WiiU TTT2 today; it was the last copy left in the normal gaming shelves, not in clearance, marked at full $59.98. Being as it was the only copy left I thought maybe they were waiting to see if someone bit before putting it out on clearance, but something told me to find a scanner-- so after trying 4 different scanners (first touchscreen didn't work, then the buttons wouldn't call up the pad to enter the DCPI, etc) I found out it was indeed at the $17.98 price.. I nearly ran back across the store to get the game. ;)

So, just in case anyone needs reminding, if you see something that interests you ALWAYS CHECK THE PRICE SCANNERS! The "lazy"/overworked clearance worker or/overlooked-item hidden clearance items are where you score the best deals. ;)[/QUOTE]

All the copies of TTT2 WiiU Edition are behind the plastic cabinets. :(

[quote name='ster']All the copies of TTT2 WiiU Edition are behind the plastic cabinets. :([/QUOTE]

Are they forged in steel or could an employee grab one and scan it for you?

Anyone else encounter this:

A few weeks ago, my target started taking the clearance cycle games out of the plastic prison and placing them in piles on the end caps. The piles have now grown to epic proportions but none (and I mean none) of the games that have accumulated in the last month or so are being clearanced. They are full price (yes I've scanned).

They are still reducing the games that had gone on clearance previously, but none of the new additions are being reduced or tagged with clearance stickers. I'm thinking that someone is forgetting to do their job. It's really strange and becoming an eyesore.

[quote name='shadowkast']Are they forged in steel or could an employee grab one and scan it for you?[/QUOTE]

It's encased in carbonite!

Naw, I just assumed that since it was still on shelf, it'd scan for $59.99. I'll swing by Target later and see if this is the case.

[quote name='bgame2']Anyone else encounter this:

A few weeks ago, my target started taking the clearance cycle games out of the plastic prison and placing them in piles on the end caps. The piles have now grown to epic proportions but none (and I mean none) of the games that have accumulated in the last month or so are being clearanced. They are full price (yes I've scanned).

They are still reducing the games that had gone on clearance previously, but none of the new additions are being reduced or tagged with clearance stickers. I'm thinking that someone is forgetting to do their job. It's really strange and becoming an eyesore.[/QUOTE]

I have 3 stores that I frequent, and one of them has an end cap like you are describing, but they also have a clearance section on the next end cap. It's full of crap like full priced Metroid: Other M, etc. I occasionally scan them but they are always full price.

They are still reducing the games that had gone on clearance previously, but none of the new additions are being reduced or tagged with clearance stickers. I'm thinking that someone is forgetting to do their job. It's really strange and becoming an eyesore.[/QUOTE]

This happens at one store near me once or twice a year. No idea why. Eventually (like in a few months) they will eventually either go to the stockroom or back in the prison/displays.

At least two stores near me, and another one pretty far away do this. It's been like this for about half a year. Really wish those games would go on clearance, but it's just not happening. These stores are also the ones that never have much clearance.

[quote name='ShoMinamimoto']At least two stores near me, and another one pretty far away do this. It's been like this for about half a year. Really wish those games would go on clearance, but it's just not happening. These stores are also the ones that never have much clearance.[/QUOTE]
One of the stores I visit regularly did this with Kingdom Hearts :3ds: recently.

Got Rayman Origins (360) for $5.96 Huntsville, AL store
Sims 3 (3DS) is $2.96
Fifa 2012 (Vita) is $8.96
Fifa Soccer 2012 (PS3) is $8.96

My store always marks down electronics on Mondays so I swing by on my lunch break and usually get the first look at that weeks selection. My mother-in-law is on the pricing team so she gives me a heads up on any new titles getting marked. Also, hardly anything goes below 70% off. They mark down 25%, 50%, then 70%. So if you see something at 70% off its as low as its going to get.

It's 30-50-70, used to be 30-50-75. But some here seem to be lucky with the occasional 90 on some stuff. Would love to have a relative on the pricing team. Heck, I would quit my job to be on the pricing team, but it's probably harder for them to buy clearance for themselves without suspicion than for the people they tip off.

Went to a couple local stores hoping to find maybe Fifa 2012 or Soul Silver...but nothing but a bunch of sports games or shovel ware. Did pick up Smart as (Vita) for 8.98 and Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita) for 20.98. Anyone own these games? Are they worth the price?

Picked up another 2 $50 psn cards for cheap.

2coohvs.jpg

[quote name='scottman']Doesn't look like they were activated according to your receipt. Probably worthless.[/QUOTE]

I think you are right..."as is" lol

[quote name='tacoman132']Went to a couple local stores hoping to find maybe Fifa 2012 or Soul Silver...but nothing but a bunch of sports games or shovel ware. Did pick up Smart as (Vita) for 8.98 and Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita) for 20.98. Anyone own these games? Are they worth the price?[/QUOTE]

Lumines is the game I've spent the most time playing on my vita...10X more than all the others combined. What's a trip is, play for a while, log some scores, and then look at the online scoreboard. It is amazing how good some of these guys are, especially on those timed games. I just don't see how someone can score that high in 30 seconds...impossible! Great game. Great Music.

Not exactly clearance, but I did find Golden Sun DS at local stores for 14.99. Couldn't find it listed on the website when I did a quick search, and amazon had one copy left for slightly cheaper at 11.xx.

Everywhere else I have seen the game at 30.00.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Not exactly clearance, but I did find Golden Sun DS at local stores for 14.99. Couldn't find it listed on the website when I did a quick search, and amazon had one copy left for slightly cheaper at 11.xx.

Everywhere else I have seen the game at 30.00.[/QUOTE]

sure its been around 10 to 15 on amazon for a long long time

the blue wii skylanders 99.99 WHY CANT THEY BE IN STOCK AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

sale goes till end of March so hopefully they get more instock

[quote name='slidecage']sure its been around 10 to 15 on amazon for a long long time

the blue wii skylanders 99.99 WHY CANT THEY BE IN STOCK AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

sale goes till end of March so hopefully they get more instock[/QUOTE]

They have it in stock near me. Doesn't seem to be a mover in my area.

Also in that note of Golden Sun: the intro was stupid long. 20 some odd minutes before I was actually able to play without being stopped. Not to mention the opening cutscenes of text that you are forced to watch is like 15 minutes alone. (Really? Who's bright idea was this?)

[quote name='StryderOmega']They have it in stock near me. Doesn't seem to be a mover in my area.

Also in that note of Golden Sun: the intro was stupid long. 20 some odd minutes before I was actually able to play without being stopped. Not to mention the opening cutscenes of text that you are forced to watch is like 15 minutes alone. (Really? Who's bright idea was this?)[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing you haven't played a SMT game before.

[quote name='ShoMinamimoto']I'm guessing you haven't played a SMT game before.[/QUOTE]

Nope. I have P4G, but it sits in my backlog.

Is a skip button so much to ask for a retardedly long text intro? All of which I already know what had happened since I played the first two golden suns when I was in... Middle school? God that was a long time ago...

My target also still has one lone copy of RAGE anarchy edition (ps3) on clearance for a tag of 5.98 sitting in the glass case. Feel bad for it, but like I said in the KMart thread, I absolutely hate everything about that game.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Nope. I have P4G, but it sits in my backlog.

Is a skip button so much to ask for a retardedly long text intro? All of which I already know what had happened since I played the first two golden suns when I was in... Middle school? God that was a long time ago...

My target also still has one lone copy of RAGE anarchy edition (ps3) on clearance for a tag of 5.98 sitting in the glass case. Feel bad for it, but like I said in the KMart thread, I absolutely hate everything about that game.[/QUOTE]
As a huge GS fan, there are a lot of issues with Dark Dawn and a long intro isn't one of them. Just enjoy it for what it is because I don't think the franchise is going to continue.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']As a huge GS fan, there are a lot of issues with Dark Dawn and a long intro isn't one of them. Just enjoy it for what it is because I don't think the franchise is going to continue.[/QUOTE]

This makes me a sad panda... I loved the original 2. I am very iffy so far with this one. (First time having a 3ds. Or a really really long time for a ds. Pokemon diamond era). Also, the 3d for it just doesn't seem right for the game in the first place, prolly should have kept the franchise 2d.

[quote name='StryderOmega']This makes me a sad panda... I loved the original 2. I am very iffy so far with this one. (First time having a 3ds. Or a really really long time for a ds. Pokemon diamond era). Also, the 3d for it just doesn't seem right for the game in the first place, prolly should have kept the franchise 2d.[/QUOTE]
My biggest complaint is that the game is just too easy, battle and puzzle-wise. There were no puzzles that really confused me except for maybe one and all the battles are easily won. I remember there were many puzzles in the first two that really stumped me for hours. Secondly, the game seriously limits you. There are many too many areas that become points of no return and you'll end up missing some equipment by walking into a cutscene too soon. The shadow mechanic also is annoying. Thirdly, the game sets up for a sequel, which who knows when that will come if ever.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']My biggest complaint is that the game is just too easy, battle and puzzle-wise. There were no puzzles that really confused me except for maybe one and all the battles are easily won. I remember there were many puzzles in the first two that really stumped me for hours. Secondly, the game seriously limits you. There are many too many areas that become points of no return and you'll end up missing some equipment by walking into a cutscene too soon. The shadow mechanic also is annoying. Thirdly, the game sets up for a sequel, which who knows when that will come if ever.[/QUOTE]

Loved all 3 GS's. Yes the third one was my least favorite, but it was still awesome. The only thing I hated about it was it left SO MANY things unanswered; it was pretty ridiculous. I dont think there will be another to answer them either, as I dont think the game was very popular / sold very well? I may be wrong though...either way I know people hated how traditional it was.

I found the holy grail of clearance today, I found Family Guy Back to the Multiverse for the PS3 on clearance for $55.98 marked down from the low, low price of $79.98!

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I found the holy grail of clearance today, I found Family Guy Back to the Multiverse for the PS3 on clearance for $55.98 marked down from the low, low price of $79.98![/QUOTE]

By Grabthar's hammer buy it! BUY IT NOW!!!!:lol:

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Loved all 3 GS's. Yes the third one was my least favorite, but it was still awesome. The only thing I hated about it was it left SO MANY things unanswered; it was pretty ridiculous. I dont think there will be another to answer them either, as I dont think the game was very popular / sold very well? I may be wrong though...either way I know people hated how traditional it was.[/QUOTE]

I've heard nothing of a sequel in the works so that can't be good. :cry:

[quote name='tacoman132']Went to a couple local stores hoping to find maybe Fifa 2012 or Soul Silver...but nothing but a bunch of sports games or shovel ware. Did pick up Smart as (Vita) for 8.98 and Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita) for 20.98. Anyone own these games? Are they worth the price?[/QUOTE]

Lumines is on sale at Sony Retail Stores for $10, and on PSN it's currently going for $13. You got a pretty good deal on Smart As, though.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']I've heard nothing of a sequel in the works so that can't be good. :cry:[/QUOTE]

literally insane how many things were unanswered at the end lol I can literally write a list of 30 or so questions I had...yea I havnt heard anything either...but then again there was a 7 year gap between 2 and 3 so maybe in the future? We can only hope.

[quote name='Chedeng88']Found this last night for $5.98:

:360: Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012

Listed it on eBay for $25 and it sold within minutes! :eek:[/QUOTE]

omg ur rich!

Anyone found $17.98 Tekken Tag 2 around northern virginia area? I went to one of my local target yesterday and it was scanned at $59.99. If I show them a picture of game and the receipt someone one posted on the web, will they price match it?

[quote name='sjc1279']Anyone found $17.98 Tekken Tag 2 around northern virginia area? I went to one of my local target yesterday and it was scanned at $59.99. If I show them a picture of game and the receipt someone one posted on the web, will they price match it?[/QUOTE]

No because Target managers are douche bags and they call their customers "guests" instead of customers.

[quote name='Nintendonly']No because Target managers are douche bags and they call their customers "guests" instead of customers.[/QUOTE]

What on earth does this have to do with anything?

[quote name='Deader2818']What on earth does this have to do with anything?[/QUOTE]

He asked-

"If I show them a picture of game and the receipt someone one posted on the web, will they price match it?"

And I provided an explanation why they won't.

[quote name='Deader2818']What on earth does this have to do with anything?[/QUOTE]

Some things aren't worth the effort.

[quote name='Nintendonly']He asked-

"If I show them a picture of game and the receipt someone one posted on the web, will they price match it?"

And I provided an explanation why they won't.[/QUOTE]

So they won't price match something that is on clearance because they refer to you as a guest and not a customer?

I guess that makes total sense.

[quote name='Deader2818']So they won't price match something that is on clearance because they refer to you as a guest and not a customer?

I guess that makes total sense.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that they are also douches. I wish I could get this for the clearance price but I'm not gonna call the managers douches because they don't have the extra stock that they have to discount to get rid of. That's the dumbest shit ever. Thanks for the laugh nintendoly or whatever your name is.

Looked for a tekken tag 2 at my local target and I couldn't even find it on display. :/
Hoping to have better luck tomorrow before I leave on my trip.

I have noticed most Targets by me have stopped putting clearance games in clamshells on the open racks. (Maybe to stop squatters)

They now put them on an end cap facing the TVs usually with some generic sign for video games. In the glass prism display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back