Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hollywood']Nope. It's actually kind of weird, at my store we hardly ever have any clearance games. I noticed like FIFA for DS on the endcap today, but that may have been a misplaced value game.

I've very rarely even seen clearance games on the endcap, I'm not sure exactly why that is. I'll check out the value lot tomorrow, lots of stuff is being reset so I'm kind of interested to see the direction that side is going. To the right of the value games is the PC game section, which was basically barren. I don't know if something bigger is planned or not.[/QUOTE]

I just have this funny feeling that Target is trying to put an end to Clearancing games so often, by doing the "value game bin" method without the bin.

Didn't see ANY games in the clearance section.:whistle2:#

Glad I waited on the HP ink/paper bundles I saw at $9.98. There were so many, I figured they'd drop more.

Two 500 packs of printer paper and HP 61 black ink for $5.98!:applause:

DPCI:080-04-0663

[quote name='Hollywood']I work at Target in electronics, for a while now, just thought I would shed some light on some of the stuff commented on. I picked up a pair of Sony Thumpin Buds for about $10, down from $40 (after my 15% discount), not a bad deal.

3) I have no idea how Castlevania or Luigi's Mansion were 'Clearance' as someone said a few pages back. Sounds like a total fuck up by the Price Change team and someone discounted something that was not supposed to be. Not shocking, most employees don't know shit about a game that came out two days ago or 6 years ago.
[/QUOTE]

I think the Castlevania clearance is definitely an error now. I've been to two Target stores now, and both have it for 29.99 as a temporary price cut. From my experience, TPCs are always universal, so it shouldn't have been clearanced to 11.98. I questioned before why the employees mistakenly clearance games that have recently been released, and another Target guy said that all the orders come from Corporate to clearance items. In any event, some braindead dude is doing it, and it's apparently affecting multiple stores, but not all.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Well your first section is wrong, so you must not be watching your clearance section very well. I used to work at Target (in the electronics department no less), and there is an 85% off mark for electronics.

Immediate example as of very recent would be the Sims 3DS game for 2.xx.

Anyway, if I remember right there is one of two options for the purgatory stuff, it is up to your Team Lead of Electronics to allow you to set up home locations for old stuff to try to get it to sell, or it will most likely end up as vendor returns (or trash).

Edit: Also I felt like I was watching South Park with the Shit counter. By the way, I counted 8.[/QUOTE]

It's also worth mentioning that there is also a different discount cycle of 15/30/50 for electronics. The GPS follow this cycle as do the laptops.

[quote name='HydroX']Which stores did you check?

Norman can't be one of the current, they are always way behind lol[/QUOTE]

Moore and Norman, norman has some hood stuff, just no games. and Moore is super clean, stuff isnt just thrown in clearance, they make it look "classy"... haha. The one on 44th is thinned out and they leave stuff in-line. Its a crap store as usual. And MWC never has anything good. I don't think they believe in clearance...

[quote name='webkatt']leaase let me know how the isports are? i really want to buy a pair for working out but can't bring myself to get a pair[/QUOTE]

They're DEFINITELY worth it. I've been testing them out for the past two days or so, and they're probably the best Noise Isolation Headphones. When I put them on, they cancel everything else. You have to find the right clips so they fit your ear properly, and enjoy the awesome bass. Definitely worth >$50. Gotta leave clearance!

4505-13831_7-35054175.html

[quote name='webkatt']leaase let me know how the isports are? i really want to buy a pair for working out but can't bring myself to get a pair[/QUOTE]

They're DEFINITELY worth it. I've been testing them out for the past two days or so, and they're probably the best Noise Isolation headphones I've ever owned. When I put them on, they cancel out all surrounding sound. You have to find the right clips so they fit your ear properly, and enjoy the awesome bass. Definitely worth >$50. Gotta leave clearance!

CNET Review

Picked up PvZ Limited Disco Zombie Edition for $5.06 (as is), skull candy headphone 50/50 for $15, Sony limited purple Taylor Swift headphones for $17, Vizio 8feet flat hdmi cables for $8. Also picked up a pair of 4 Panasonic housephones for $35 (regular price $120). Also snatched up to surged protectors 3 outlets w/ two USB slots, and one with 8 outlets for $5.

Seen 4GB vita memory cards $10. 46in Sony HDTV 60hz $420.

On a side note, i returned that 42vizio I picked up earlier and got a vizio smart tv 47in 120hz (4hdmi, VGA, 2 USB, composite) for 3 bucks cheaper lol.

[quote name='Hollywood']Honestly, if you knew what kind of shit is back in the stock room in purgatory on a daily basis, your mind would blow. It's not just everything on the floor, it's special edition shit from years ago that no one bought, areas reset and it was backstocked with no home location, to which it will stay in purgatory until Target decides to Clearance it out at some later date.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, now how the hell do regular customers get access to this or at least some sort of inventory list that we can ask about? Ask the electronics section worker(s) for a list of items in "inventory purgatory"? Talk to a manager? There must be some way to convince them to let us see what they have stashed...

I've managed to get my hands on such purgatory items before, but only because they came up as "in stock" or "limited stock" at the stores in question, and despite them showing on the in store DPCI scanners as not on the floor or in the stockroom, asking the electronics worker(s) to check the DPCI of the item(s) in question would lead them to check the stockroom and bring them out to me.

[quote name='karkyco']Hmmm, now how the hell do regular customers get access to this or at least some sort of inventory list that we can ask about? Ask the electronics section worker(s) for a list of items in "inventory purgatory"? Talk to a manager? There must be some way to convince them to let us see what they have stashed...[/QUOTE]

Check online for a specific item that will show available in store, and bring the DPCI in, or ask for a search for something specific. There's no other way. They're not marked down either, so they'll all be listed at the same price as whatever they were when they were last on the floor.

[quote name='StryderOmega']I just have this funny feeling that Target is trying to put an end to Clearancing games so often, by doing the "value game bin" method without the bin.[/QUOTE]

I think my closest store has had a value game section next to the PC games for a few years, and they still do clearance like the other stores. In fact, when I was in there this week, their 1 endcap clearance section had expanded to 3 endcaps.

Unfortunately, the games were all cleaned out, didn't see any of the external HDs on clearance, and didn't see anything else that interested me for the price. But they certainly haven't stopped doing clearance in favor of the value game section.

[quote name='Hollywood']Check online for a specific item that will show available in store, and bring the DPCI in, or ask for a search for something specific. There's no other way. They're not marked down either, so they'll all be listed at the same price as whatever they were when they were last on the floor.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured that was the only way. That's pretty much how I've scored a bunch of clearance LEs/CEs that were sitting in purgatory.

Grabbed a MOGA controller for $15 and a HELO TC Attack Copter for $17. Of course, Singularity and Duke Nukem Forever are the only games on clearance. They've been there so long that they've tried stocking copies in the actual games section again. Three facings of DNF at $14.98.

[quote name='StealOfADeal']Moore and Norman, norman has some hood stuff, just no games. and Moore is super clean, stuff isnt just thrown in clearance, they make it look "classy"... haha. The one on 44th is thinned out and they leave stuff in-line. Its a crap store as usual. And MWC never has anything good. I don't think they believe in clearance...[/QUOTE]

Yeah dude... I don't even waste my time at MWC for clearance. 44th is a wasteland. Their inventory numbers are always way off, every single time I have gone up there for something that was "in stock", it was nowhere to be found.

Moore is a decent store, have found some nice stuff there.. And Norman is so hard to get deals at. Too much traffic in that store.

Grabbed a GE HDMI cable (4ft) for $9.xx. Store here in Cape Girardeau, MO had maybe a dozen.

Had an Apple branded one too for the same price and a Monster 8ft for more like $15.

Clearance area exploded from a small section to include 2 end caps with phone cases, bunch of batteries, and some speaker docks.

So if you've been disappointed with clearance lately, don't give up!

Picked up Tiger Woods 14 Masters Edition PS3 for $20.98 at the Parma OH Target today. Was labeled at $48.98 and was the last one in the pull away case. Took a picture of the UPC with my phone and scanned it at a price checker. It was on the front cap where all the new games usually are.

I cleaned out the endcaps today, literally. It was a disaster area so I basically went through everything and tried to make it as neat as possible and looks a ton better.

I noticed what I said earlier: no 85% off merchandise. If anyone buys anything with an 85 in the top right corner, post it here, personally I would just like to see it because I've never seen it before.

There's also virtually nothing left of note at my store. Phone cases, accessories, some cable knick knacks like a couple HDMI things and things like cell phone batteries. The only decent thing we have left are earbuds. A couple pairs of Sony earbuds that were $80 are now down around to a little above $20.

The only game I found in clearance period, which I've noticed over time actually as being there a while, months actually, was some old NHL game for PS3. The few games sitting there rang up as 999's, which mean they scan as $0.00 sell price in the scanner and when rung up ask how much the item is. In other words, they're salvage left on the floor. One was some Cabela Kinect game and another was a FIFA game for DS or 3DS, can't recall.

Maybe that explains why so few games go actual clearance. They're being 999'ed and off the floor for salvage. They only seem to bottom out on the value wall for the most part.

I was at a store today and found :360: Far Cry 3 on clearance for $41.98.

Then I went down the other aisle and found this:

I got excited for a second but as seen the case was empty and the clerk said there were none in the back. I think it had been discussed before so this is probably a one store thing. Maybe Target employees can chime in as it wasn't on clearance and had an actual shelf label for that price.

[quote name='coopscohen']I was at a store today and found :360: Far Cry 3 on clearance for $41.98.

I got excited for a second but as seen the case was empty and the clerk said there were none in the back. I think it had been discussed before so this is probably a one store thing. Maybe Target employees can chime in as it wasn't on clearance and had an actual shelf label for that price.[/QUOTE]

the Xbox edition was supposed to be on sale for $30..... Ripoff!!!!! Lol

[quote name='coopscohen']I was at a store today and found :360: Far Cry 3 on clearance for $41.98.

I got excited for a second but as seen the case was empty and the clerk said there were none in the back. I think it had been discussed before so this is probably a one store thing. Maybe Target employees can chime in as it wasn't on clearance and had an actual shelf label for that price.[/QUOTE]

Your in one of those special stores I gather. Even tho that Far Cry has a shelf label, it is a clearance price. Anything that doesn't end in .99 or .00 is clearance, even if it may not have the tag for it. .00 price tags means it has left the system and came back usually and is a filler item for a while.

[quote name='HydroX']Yeah dude... I don't even waste my time at MWC for clearance. 44th is a wasteland. Their inventory numbers are always way off, every single time I have gone up there for something that was "in stock", it was nowhere to be found.

Moore is a decent store, have found some nice stuff there.. And Norman is so hard to get deals at. Too much traffic in that store.[/QUOTE]

Moore is like tucked away in a sense. People still go to Wal-mart I feel. Too many soccer moms at Norman who take the first clearance drop they can get. And Amen to 44th & MWC. Are there any other Targets nearby?

Moores going to become my "preference".

20 is my price for Far Cry 3 so thanks for the heads up! I know it's a slim chance that my target will have this but it's worth a trip.

Went to look for hard drives and I found an AS-IS Assassin's Creed 3 CE PS3 for 83.xx. I got excited since I thought it might be $8 like some people found a while back. Maybe it will drop more.

[quote name='eliter1']Went to look for hard drives and I found an AS-IS Assassin's Creed 3 CE PS3 for 83.xx. I got excited since I thought it might be $8 like some people found a while back. Maybe it will drop more.[/QUOTE]

As-Is items rare if ever drop. I saw one and thats the first thing the girl told me =\

Today i just picked up Call of Duty Black Ops II Hardened edition for 40.06. I will try to post a pic if i can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing of note when I went yesterday was Amazing Spiderman Blu LE for $32.xx. I'll check next week and if its sub $20 I may pick it up just for the figures alone

[quote name='eliter1']Went to look for hard drives and I found an AS-IS Assassin's Creed 3 CE PS3 for 83.xx. I got excited since I thought it might be $8 like some people found a while back. Maybe it will drop more.[/QUOTE]

A lot of people have reported $4x.xx As-IS and I would bite at that price, I don't think I would at $80

[quote name='StryderOmega']Still too high and the Epic edition is still $60.

Waiting for GS Game Day sale for $25.[/QUOTE]

Is GameStop even going to have the game day sale? I thought they did it early April last year.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Any word on Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy going on clearance yet or are the Amazon prices of around $15 now as good as its going to get?[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't hold your breath.

I did see an Infamous/Dual Shock combo pack for like $40 or so at my store last night. First decent game combo I've seen at my store at least.

Saw the Vita 4GB memory card for 9.98 and that big ass PS Move Sharpshooter for 19.98 (which is what it is on amazon right now too) today. Nothing else of interest.

Yeah at my target in Allen park the Vita 4gb were 9.98 meaning their going for another price drop soon. And the sharpshooter was also there

[quote name='jonnysniper']I can't make this up guys
Pokemon mystery dungeon 10.48 and I got 10 dollar gift card for reserving Pokemon X for $1
nWm72A4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

How much was luigi mansion?

[quote name='jonnysniper']I can't make this up guys
Pokemon mystery dungeon 10.48 and I got 10 dollar gift card for reserving Pokemon X for $1
nWm72A4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Was this an error? Did the manager have to price adjust it?

[quote name='Liquid Metal']Was this an error? Did the manager have to price adjust it?[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure he did adjust the price himself. It rang up and the guy said it was odd cause he saw these were clearance and now they're back at MSRP. He gave me the price and the took down the sign.

They had those prices at the first store I went to on Sunday, but no copies available. I asked about it at the second store I went to and if they could match and no dice.

[quote name='Hollywood']

I noticed what I said earlier: no 85% off merchandise. If anyone buys anything with an 85 in the top right corner, post it here, personally I would just like to see it because I've never seen it before.

[/QUOTE]

I visit around 20 Target stores a week in the Minneapolis area. Out of those 20 I only know of 3 that go past the 70%. Not all are 85% sometimes they go to 75% or 80% as well. If you focus your clearance hunting only in Electronics it makes it harder to determine if a store goes past 70%. Usually the Health & Beauty Clearance is a good spot for me to find great deals on items that drop past the 70%. But per your request I just got this last week:
303009_10201231138522842_552778923_n.jpg

575516_10201231138882851_1738364516_n.jpg

I also found this:
482586_10201231150043130_936161674_n.jpg
It rang up $29.99 but still received the price.

I also got DC Universe Lego Green Lantern "AS-IS" for $1.86

[quote name='Davestation']I visit around 20 Target stores a week in the Minneapolis area. Out of those 20 I only know of 3 that go past the 70%. Not all are 85% sometimes they go to 75% or 80% as well. If you focus your clearance hunting only in Electronics it makes it harder to determine if a store goes past 70%. Usually the Health & Beauty Clearance is a good spot for me to find great deals on items that drop past the 70%. But per your request I just got this last week:
303009_10201231138522842_552778923_n.jpg

575516_10201231138882851_1738364516_n.jpg

I also found this:
482586_10201231150043130_936161674_n.jpg
It rang up $29.99 but still received the price.

I also got DC Universe Lego Green Lantern "AS-IS" for $1.86[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! That's the first time I've seen an '85' tag.

I don't focus on clearance in A & B much, even though I work in it once in a while, I'm usually not too concerned with the price of hand soap or whatever else. :p

That's interesting on The Walking Dead price, it just came out a couple months ago. I honestly don't know if the price change team is just goofy or what with these changes, but I never see them at my store.

The Luigi and Pokémon stuff earlier with actual sales signage printed boggles the mind too, because you can't just change the sales tags normally. I don't even know if it's possible to, I've never done it, and wouldn't even know how to if asked.

You have to go into a signing app, scan the barcode, then go in the back and print them off. You don't choose what price to put on it, at any stage, so someone in that district or something royally messed up on those.

The 'As Is' prices, are usually the lowest price you can find in the store, and I think it's an issue when something makes it's way into the store that isn't in the system, and can't be found online either. Either through return, or salvage not even in the system anymore. Otherwise you either get Clearance, Repackage, or Online Item tags.

Heads Up! Today I saw one repackaged Call of Duty Vita (Wifi) at $175.00 (regular $250.00) at the White Marsh Md Target. It's in the locked case at the far corner of electronics. Great deal, but I am so tight with my money I left it for one of you.

Found these today was interesting they weren't marked with clearance stickers and they rang up as value games and Street Fight x Tekken rang up at $19 but they gave it to me because it was labeled at 8.98

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg
IMG_1547.jpg

[quote name='Hollywood']I cleaned out the endcaps today, literally. It was a disaster area so I basically went through everything and tried to make it as neat as possible and looks a ton better.

There's also virtually nothing left of note at my store. Phone cases, accessories, some cable knick knacks like a couple HDMI things and things like cell phone batteries. The only decent thing we have left are earbuds. A couple pairs of Sony earbuds that were $80 are now down around to a little above $20.

The only game I found in clearance period, which I've noticed over time actually as being there a while, months actually, was some old NHL game for PS3. The few games sitting there rang up as 999's, which mean they scan as $0.00 sell price in the scanner and when rung up ask how much the item is. In other words, they're salvage left on the floor. One was some Cabela Kinect game and another was a FIFA game for DS or 3DS, can't recall.

Maybe that explains why so few games go actual clearance. They're being 999'ed and off the floor for salvage. They only seem to bottom out on the value wall for the most part.[/QUOTE]

are you at the Dublin, CA target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back