Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Targets have been a wasteland recently.

I recently saw a Xbox 360 Copy of UFC Undisputed 3 marked down to $29.96 versus it's normal price of $29.99

I decided to scan it and it said item not found, cashier rang it up and it came up as $29.96?

I was hoping to get a deal but nothing.

056-00-0050
Acer 23" monitor -79.98 50%
I was actually out looking for a new monitor yesterday, and was going to check out Best Buy, but since I usually hit up the Target next door for their clearance section when I'm out that way I decided to stop there first. Glad I did, great price.

The only other thing that stood out was a Peter Pan (Diamond Edition) Bluray/DVD/Download/App 3 disc set for around $8.....but I didn't get it.

The only other thing that stood out was a Peter Pan (Diamond Edition) Bluray/DVD/Download/App 3 disc set for around $8.....but I didn't get it.
Did it have a blue or gold slipcover if it had one? Thanks.

If an item is on clearance, will the same item but on the shelves have the clearance price?

:wii: Game Party 2 $7.48

Strategy Guides:
Dead Space 3 $6.26
Bioshock Infinite $5.56
The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Revised & Expanded $6.76

Video games are totally wiped out at my local store, but I have bought maybe 5 or 6 of the three inch tall Justice League Batman figures for customizing for either $1.14 (the red and gold ones during the holiday clearance) or $1.48 (the blue and silver ones). They are basically reprints from the Batman: Brave and the Bold Action League series. And I'm still waiting for the five inch Target exclusive JL figures to hit clearance...

If you're interested in the game than absolutely. Few dollars cheaper than new on Amazon and cheaper than most places price for used.

Ok, is the gameplay good? I have never played a Kirby game outside of playing Kirby in Super Smash Bros. and thought it might be worth getting.

Ok, is the gameplay good? I have never played a Kirby game outside of playing Kirby in Super Smash Bros. and thought it might be worth getting.
It's not really a normal Kirby game but it's supposed to be extremely well done and the art style is really lovely. It's definitely not supposed to be a hard game at all but the quality and charm seems to make up for it. I just got my used copy from BBY this week after being unable to find it on clearance and I'm very excited to play it with my kid in the near future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pki47RXUHQ

:wii: Game Party 2 $7.48

Strategy Guides:
Dead Space 3 $6.26
Bioshock Infinite $5.56
The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Revised & Expanded $6.76
Just a heads up, that Skyrim guide is worth around $20 in good condition. These Elder Scroll guides seem to keep value well.

Nothing good on clearance, but I did find a repackaged lego batman vita bundle for $140.  The Target employee was cool and opened up the system so I could make sure the screen wasn't scratched up and that the game was in there.  Game was there and the screen looked good so I picked it up.

I was actually out looking for a new monitor yesterday, and was going to check out Best Buy, but since I usually hit up the Target next door for their clearance section when I'm out that way I decided to stop there first. Glad I did, great price.

I bought the acer monitor for the same. Nice ultra thin monitor. Only downside is no hdmi ports (d-sub aka vga, dvi) (though I found dvi to hdmi cables on amazon so it may not be an issue). Came with cables, and the base took me a few minutes to put together for whatever reason, just be patient with it. I seen a 19" acer for $49.99 as well next to the one I picked up.

Saw this in Culver City On Jefferson.

Didn't know if It was good/bad so I left it

BZfRDwz.jpg

So my Target still has Assassin's Creed 3 CEs and they are still full price - why is it that some Targets are incredibly reluctant to clearance out an item?

So my Target still has Assassin's Creed 3 CEs and they are still full price - why is it that some Targets are incredibly reluctant to clearance out an item?
It's possible the system doesn't recognize they are still in the store and so they technically aren't there to be clearanced out.

It's not really a normal Kirby game but it's supposed to be extremely well done and the art style is really lovely. It's definitely not supposed to be a hard game at all but the quality and charm seems to make up for it. I just got my used copy from BBY this week after being unable to find it on clearance and I'm very excited to play it with my kid in the near future.

Thanks, I went ahead and picked it up. I'm always looking for fun games to add to my small Wii library.

weird i never saw one in store figured it was online only
The website list it as online only to so since it was that cheap I'm guess that someone bought it online and then returned it and in those situations when a online order is returned they are usually mark down drastically to get rid of them especially if it a item not normally carried in the Brick n mortar locations

I got two copies of amazing spider-man on 3DS for $1.78 each

I priced checked

Professor Layton and the diabolical box 

Golden sun  14.99

toy story

Kirby mass something 29.99

Nothing else was clearance or under $10 so I passed.

ps if you want a copy of spider-man and got a double or a game to trade pm me. Not picky. Just looking to swap it out.

I got two copies of amazing spider-man on 3DS for $1.78 each

I priced checked

Professor Layton and the diabolical box

Golden sun 14.99

toy story

Kirby mass something 29.99

Nothing else was clearance or under $10 so I passed.

ps if you want a copy of spider-man and got a double or a game to trade pm me. Not picky. Just looking to swap it out.
I saw a few Amazing Spiderman 3DS at my local target, whats the process of getting this game at that price?

there are quite a few different game of thrones games on the market these days. the one you have linked is the same one i saw on clearance, and is a 2 player card game which i guess is sort of magic-like but without the whole collectible card aspect.

the board game looks like this, and definitely isnt something you would see in target (big box, expensive, way heavier of a game than anything target is going to carry, takes 6-8hrs to play)
agot.png

also theres this
300px-Game-board-Battles_of_Westeros.jpg

also there are at least two other older card games based on it, and theres a new card game coming out sometime this year too.
Target has/had an advertising partnership with Geek & Sundry (on YT) show called Tabletop to cross promote games features on there so it wouldn't surprise me to see those on clearance at Target if the deal expired.

Does anyone happen to have the DCPI or online item number for the Day One Edition XB1?
Online item number: 14630943

http://m.target.com/fiats/t-14630943

Edit: Damn it, maybe that's just the standard edition. It shows it attached to the 404'd Day One page on Target.com when I search via Bing.

Edit 2: Nevermind, that HAS to be the Day One Edition. Standard Edition is 14787660 and shows in stock everywhere, while the other one shows sporadic stock.

Edit: Damn it, maybe that's just the standard edition. It shows it attached to the 404'd Day One page on Target.com when I search via Bing.

Edit 2: Nevermind, that HAS to be the Day One Edition. Standard Edition is 14787660 and shows in stock everywhere, while the other one shows sporadic stock.
Are there any Targets that still have these? Ive search about a dozen cities near me and found none.

I have a few stores near me that says they have some in stock. Are they marked down now or are people just wanting the day one...ones?

Anybody here ever have luck with guides that ring up item not found? Wondering what I can get them for

I have never ran into strategy guides that are item not found, but you will always need someone with the scan gun to look up the last clearance price and purchase, its usually at the 70% mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back