Target Clearance Thread XXII

Yeah, unless you've looked everywhere on the sale floor, never ask where something is.  Also punch in the DPCI at a scanner to see if it shows Stockroom: Yes

Yeah, unless you've looked everywhere on the sale floor, never ask where something is. Also punch in the DPCI at a scanner to see if it shows Stockroom: Yes
Funny story time...
Last year when they dropped the price of the SSB 3DSXL to $100, I saw that they had one listed for sale on Brickseek at the local Target.

I can't find it looking at the cases, must be in the back, right? Ask a "team member" to check. They come back and say they don't see it.

I think fine, another CAG must have nabbed it as I waited until after work to get it... but then I remembered the guy came back super quickly after saying he couldn't find it in the stock room.

I walked up to the Price check machine and punched in the DCPI... well what do you know, one in the stock room.

I walked up to the front and asked customer service if they could send someone to bring it up to the front. They talk over the walkies and who do you think brings up the 3DS with a pissed look?

Funny story time...
Last year when they dropped the price of the SSB 3DSXL to $100, I saw that they had one listed for sale on Brickseek at the local Target.

I can't find it looking at the cases, must be in the back, right? Ask a "team member" to check. They come back and say they don't see it.

I think fine, another CAG must have nabbed it as I waited until after work to get it... but then I remembered the guy came back super quickly after saying he couldn't find it in the stock room.

I walked up to the Price check machine and punched in the DCPI... well what do you know, one in the stock room.

I walked up to the front and asked customer service if they could send someone to bring it up to the front. They talk over the walkies and who do you think brings up the 3DS with a pissed look?
You must have a crappy target then. In the electronics department I worked for three years, that would have never happened (in fact, coworkers and I frequently lost deals on limited edition/deep price cut consoles to hoarders because we couldn't go on break in time to buy)

If it did, you can bet there would have been some quick ass firings

You must have a crappy target then. In the electronics department I worked for three years, that would have never happened (in fact, coworkers and I frequently lost deals on limited edition/deep price cut consoles to hoarders because we couldn't go on break in time to buy)

If it did, you can bet there would have been some quick ass firings
Every store is different dude, and most stores don't give a shit at all. Employees do whatever they want and there is high worker turnover.

Can I have a tin foil hat? Lol!!!
Only people who have no lives other than hoarding videogames...think that an employee hides every piece of electronic in the stockroom so they can buy it all with there minimum wage salary.

I have seen it happen. I know I have posted this before but when Sears had Guitar Hero Bundles for $4.97 to $7.97, I bought a few sets and as soon as the employees saw the price, one of them grabbed a cart and pulled them all besides the ones I were buying and put them behind the register for themselves and other employees. Another time a different Sears had PSP Go systems for $19.97. The computer showed 5 in stock and the employee claimed they were all stolen and they didn't have any. Right after a price drop, it seemed coincidental thst suddenly they are stolen and I am guessing they had them in the back to buy as soon as they had a chance.

I understand it's a perk of working in the store but I'm sure the hiding items in the back frequently happens.

So which target do you hoard work at?
Same lame unoriginal comment that all brats spit out when faced with reality. You are just another person that throws adult temper tantrums when you don't get your way. Instead of growing a pair and saying something in the store you go to the internet to whine about your 'experience' in hopes of others being antisocial just like you. 'Omg the worker had a meanie face'. When this happens to most people...they have others things in their life to move on to. Then there are people like you who run straight home so you can blog about it. I don't work retail but I do have common sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
over/under 1.5 days left on Damwellguy's account? I'm taking the under.
Unless it involves these lifeless sad sacks eating a bullet I'm not interested in betting. I can't even imagine how empty someone's life has to be to create endless accounts on websites just to try and insult people and stir up trouble.

Just got back from target. Here's what I saw

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer 207-02-0161 $11.98
WWE 2k15 ps4 - 207-34-1148 $4.48
NBA 2k15 PS3 - 207-24-1147 $5.98
Skate 3 PS3 - 207-24-0355 $5.98

I took the remaining 2 copies of skate 3 at my store. Keeping one and trading the other one.

Yeah, unless you've looked everywhere on the sale floor, never ask where something is. Also punch in the DPCI at a scanner to see if it shows Stockroom: Yes
What does a DPCI scanner that allows you to punch in number look like?

So Far Cry 4 :ps3: 207-24-1124 on brickseek has been $5.98 for 2 weeks now at a local store but I went in yesterday and it's still scanning at $9.98. Is that normal for it to take this long to match brickseek? I usually see the price match within 5-7 days.
Same is happening with the Injustice :ps4: copy at my target. Brickseek showing $5.98 but scanner keep showing $9.98

Right. But that's why I'm waiting to see if any last long enough to hit 70% off.
Already grabbed one when they were half off with red card. But if I could get an extra extra for $60 I sure as heck would.

What does a DPCI scanner that allows you to punch in number look like?

Same is happening with the Injustice :ps4: copy at my target. Brickseek showing $5.98 but scanner keep showing $9.98
Take that copy you hid to the price update team (the 2-3 Target employees scanning various items in some section of the store, varies based on day of the week and store to store as to which section they are in and when they are working) and have them scan it with the larger price scan gun. It should update to the "correct" price. Or, you could have an employee with the little ipod scanners scan it and see if it comes up on their device at the lower price, sometimes it does. Then ask if they could please give you that price when you check out.

As to what the in store price scanners look like that allow you to punch in numbers, all of the various ones they employ are capable of that functionality, however oftentimes they are disabled from manually entering numbers. The three types I've encountered are:

12598134865_0610161702.jpg

Press the buttons on the right side. If they "work", you will see the numbers show up in a DPCI entry on screen. Once you enter all 9 digits, hit the "enter" button.

scanner.jpg

Hit the button on the far right of the 4 black ones below the screen. If it is enabled, the keypad will show on the screen and you can enter the DPCI.

Sorry can't post the pic of the newer ones, but they are the more recent tablet/ipad type price checkers. There's a method to enter the DPCI however I can't recall off the top of my head. It's been posted here at some point and I'm sure is online though.

To everyone talking about shady employees at work with the product, i work at best buy and if i knew of a deal i honestly might set it aside, but if anyone asked me for it or about it i would give it to them before i would save it for myself. Same if they asked and i knew someone had it.

ESPECIALLY since our ordering system can tell us to pick any item in the store for pick up or to be shipped to a customers home to fulfill a lrder or bestbuy.com order and i would be forced to give it to them whether a employee stashed it or not.

Take that copy you hid to the price update team (the 2-3 Target employees scanning various items in some section of the store, varies based on day of the week and store to store as to which section they are in and when they are working) and have them scan it with the larger price scan gun. It should update to the "correct" price. Or, you could have an employee with the little ipod scanners scan it and see if it comes up on their device at the lower price, sometimes it does. Then ask if they could please give you that price when you check out.
I've been doing this the last 3 trips to Target. Went to check if the item is still there. Ask one of the employees to look up an item using DPCI numbers to see the price.

I'll prolly just going to call the electronics department to look up that item's price before going to target.

I've been doing this the last 3 trips to Target. Went to check if the item is still there. Ask one of the employees to look up an item using DPCI numbers to see the price.

I'll prolly just going to call the electronics department to look up that item's price before going to target.
That's probably for the best, however it will most likely simply drop out of the system with the last price being $9.98. If that $4 difference is a deal breaker to you (and it obviously seems to be given you've repeatedly hit that store, as you stated 3 trips already, without pulling the trigger on it), then you more than likely MUST get it scanned by the pricing team to get it updated in the store system.

You're looking for the one who is wielding this or something similar:

mrFzADn69dGUKxrCY84KMhg.jpg

So I picked up Watch Dogs :360: for $5 but they had the Platinum Hits and regular versions.  I did a quick search and did not find any difference between the two versions.  Am I correct in assuming the Platinum Hits does NOT include the DLC like some other Platinum HIts versions do?

So I picked up Watch Dogs :360: for $5 but they had the Platinum Hits and regular versions. I did a quick search and did not find any difference between the two versions. Am I correct in assuming the Platinum Hits does NOT include the DLC like some other Platinum HIts versions do?
You should be right. Platinum Hits games with all the DLC seems like more of an exception than the norm. Since majority of the ones that do typically tend to be Microsoft Studios based games with a few stragglers here and there (Midnight Club LA comes to mind).

saw the rise of the empire disney infinity play set for $7.81 and the saga 3.0 starter set for $34.xx. im guessing the saga sets were in the back or recently sent to the store because they had not been on the shelf before the clearance started.

Have not picked up anything from gaming that has been on clearance for a while now. I make stops randomly in the clearance clothing section now that the summer season is over. 

Same lame unoriginal comment that all brats spit out when faced with reality. You are just another person that throws adult temper tantrums when you don't get your way. Instead of growing a pair and saying something in the store you go to the internet to whine about your 'experience' in hopes of others being antisocial just like you. 'Omg the worker had a meanie face'. When this happens to most people...they have others things in their life to move on to. Then there are people like you who run straight home so you can blog about it. I don't work retail but I do have common sense.
Are you throwing one of those adult temper tantrums right now, fella, cuz it sure sounds like it.

Found a superman Lego dimensions pack on clearance for $3.74.

A bunch of Disney infinity starter packs showed up. Also check the toys clearance section. Found a few video game items mixed in with those too. Scored a bunch of cards against Humanity packs thanks to the folks in this thread.

Local Target has had copies of Lollipop Chainsaw 360 clearanced for $59.99 for last couple months. Surprised it's not flying off the shelves

Slipped through the cracks:

:xb1: Mega Man Legacy Collection 207-32-0734 $29.99 -> $8.98

The South Philly store has several unlabeled copies of :ps4: The Evil Within that are ringing up as $5.98.

Just get the Xbox version and replace the 32 with 34.
Thank you! Is that a trend for all Xbox One to PS4 games?

Okay, so at the top of the page, brickseek says "discounted 99%," "in stock 88%." However, all stores are still listed at $49.99 for some reason. is it possible the in-store price is discounted, but simply isn't reflected on brickseek? Or maybe it's about to be discounted?

bread's done
Back