Target Clearance Thread XXII

Wish I could find those around here. There is not a store in a 100 mile radius (3 states) that has them. Great find!
i have the around the ear ones ..they are awesome light and can be worn all day unlike other head phones which constrict your head when using them they are so light and comfortable on the head..i use them for both music and gaming :)... i know ppl will think its stupid but i sold my astro a40s and got rid of my sol master tracks ...even passed on the sony gold headset for these... honestly im willing to sacrifice sound quality for comfort and these are pretty amazing in both areas.

One of my local Targets had :ps3: Max Payne 3, $3.06 and :ps3: DJ Hero 2 + Turntable for $12-something.  Max Payne was marked As-Is and DJ Hero 2 was marked Repackaged (even though they had two, the same two they've had for a while) though, so I guess YMMV.

Yeah it was showing up as $14.98 on brickseek.com the other day when someone mentioned it in this thread that they happened to find more at stores.
yea a bnuch of stores showed they got one but none did :( I did ask about the display models, thinking maybe thats why all the stores now had 1 after having none, thought maybe they were selling the display models. Dude said they send them back to the manufacturs once items like that get discontinued.

At this point I'm a just wait for BB/Walmart to have them on sale or clearanced.

a target near me had the black ops controller and assassin creed brotherhood controller bundles but they weren't clearanced :(. wahhh

Are these essentially microsoft branded fitbit equivalents?
Yes and no. They're fitness-first devices, but they're much more capable. You can get golf course functionality, texting, Cortana, and some other stuff. The one thing they were apparently missing was a sensor to track altitude (which the new one has), but it has 10 different sensors and talks to smartphones pretty well. More fitness-focused than an Apple Watch, more smartphone-capable than a FitBit, and it's a great product at $200, let alone $100.

I mean, it's GPS. The only thing is that it'll wreck the battery life. I think it's rated at 8 hours with it on and 48 hours with it off. I don't recall any complaints about its accuracy.
I get around 3 days of battery life with Bluetooth on for 7 hours a day.

GPS kills it a lot quicker though, but it should only be active during runs.

The build quality was questionable on some early runs of the Band, but the later ones were better.

Probably not missing much. Soccer moms were already picking it clean on Monday at 50% off (30% off candy). No patience with them.
Stopped at one of the nearby stores and grabbed a couple things at unmarked 70%. Food stuff was still 30%.

Will hit the less trafficked store that's closer tomorrow and are of there's a bit more worthwhile. Hoping for some decisions like last year.

I forgot to go look at Halloween clearance.
Well if it's anything like the Targets I've seen the past 3 days, all the good Halloween decorations were wiped out on Sunday, or maybe even on Halloween or before. Even the usually reliable stores for seasonal clearance particularly Halloween and Xmas holiday stuff, have been barren. Not sure if Targets even had all that much decent decorative stuff this year since I really wasn't checking out the selection prior to Monday, but in years past I got plenty of good Halloween decorations for 70 and even 90% off.

Looks like in the future I'll have to buy the stuff I like prior to Halloween for full price then attempt return/rebuys when the "price is right".

Last edited by a moderator:
target had them on clearance for 25, if you can find one now 15.

I got two for 25 at target and deabting on a third from that groupon deal ;) Really digging it
Yeah but why would you want a third? Why would you want one? Seems like a pretty mediocre device with lacking support. So obviously I'm missing something or some use for the device.

Yeah but why would you want a third? Why would you want one? Seems like a pretty mediocre device with lacking support. So obviously I'm missing something or some use for the device.
Well I got one in my room and the living room just stock with kodi, been doing me fine. I mostly stream my own content but mess with the add ons here and there. For the price it is much better to go with this than any of the sticks. Yea there are better streaming boxes out there but it's amazing at this price point.

Would like to get a third and root it and really mess around with it. It's all mentioned pages back about rooting/installing roms that run better/kernals that support larger hard drives.

Speaking of the holiday/seasonal department clearances, anyone know what day of the week the pricing team usually marks down this sort of stuff?  I'm not talking about the Halloween stuff which usually drops daily or every couple to few days, but rather there are some Thanksgiving/fall related items the wifey likes that are currently ringing up at 30% off in store as of yesterday morning (I confirmed the 30% discounts on the in store price checkers), but their DPCIs have indicated 70% off prices at practically every store via brickseek online inventory/price checker since I checked online afterward yesterday.

Planning to go back today and check if they dropped, but don't want to miss out since the soccer moms and whatnot eat this shit up.

EDIT: the pricing team must have updated them all either yesterday after my noontime visit, or prior to my noontime return today.  If anyone is interested, all these Thanksgiving/fall/autumn/harvest type decorations are 70% off at most stores (YMMV as some stores still have them showing at much higher price points or even full price).  Here are a few DPCIs I captured on the wreaths; most of the large ones are $44.99 on target.com with 10% off with a code, and were $44.99 in store as well originally.  Can't post pics because the target site doesn't have a CAG supported format for images:

Cotton Pod Wreath - Smith & Hawken™  (065-01-0327) $ 13.48 - target.com page for it

Holiday Hanging Decoration Harvest Threshold  (065-06-0877) $ 5.98 - this one is a smaller wreath with canvas material acorn tree shaped leaves and acorns on it.  No page for it on target.com

8 X 18 X 6 Inch Red Artificial Wreath  (065-07-1792) $ 7.48 - I call this one the red dingleberry wreath; it has a bunch of little red foam balls like holly as berries with twigs.  Note there is a very similar looking one in the Christmas holiday decoration section that is full price $24.99...looks like this one that's $49.99 online only on target.com

23 X 10 X 23 Inch Grey Dried Wreath  (065-01-0292) $ 13.48 - also a Smith & Hawken, but seems to be made of sturdy bark and wood cut in the shape of leaves with various accents.  No page for it on target.com

Maple Leaf Wreath  (065-01-0329) $ 13.48 - target.com page for it

Wheat Wreath  (065-01-0460) $13.48 - target.com page for it

Well I dropped almost $100 on Target Halloween clearance again this year. >.>

Think probably 60% of it was Star Wars stuff.

Evidently, today was "let's clear out our bulky last-gen crap" day:

:360:
Destiny LE 207-22-1888 $99.99 -> $49.98
Dead Island Riptide (Rigor Mortis Edition) 207-22-0961 $19.99 -> $9.98
Rocksmith (game + cable) 207-22-0600 $29.99 -> $14.98
Batman: Arkham Asylum + third party controller 207-22-0756 $49.99 -> $24.98
Lego Batman + Lego Harry Potter 207-22-1745 $34.99 -> $17.48
Fable: The Journey 207-22-0725 $29.99 -> $14.98
Power Ranger Super Samurai 207-22-0738 $29.99 -> $14.98
GTA IV + headset 207-22-1735 $19.99 -> $9.98

:ps3:
God of War Ascension CE 207-24-0545 $79.99 -> $39.99
Assassin's Creed III LE 207-24-0781 $119.99 -> $59.98
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood + DualShock 3 bundle 207-24-1717 $59.99 -> $29.98
Call of Duty: Black Ops + DualShock 3 bundle 207-24-1718 $79.99 -> $39.98
Call of Duty: Black Ops + Bluetooth headset bundle 207-24-1737 $19.99 -> $9.98
DJ Hero 2 + turntable 207-24-0404 $49.99 -> $24.98
UFC Trainer 207-24-1025 $19.99 -> $9.98
Wonderbook: Book of Spells 207-24-0532 $29.99 -> $14.98

:ps4:
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare LE 207-34-3335 $119.99 -> $59.98

:xb1:
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare LE 207-32-3334 $79.99 -> $39.98

:360:
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare LE 207-22-3335 $119.99 -> $59.98
I think my store had a bunch of copies of the ps3 Rocksmith bundle for $14.98, as well (but none of the 360 one), so it's apparently on clearance for that price for both systems. Note that it was the original bundle, not the guitar & bass one.

At any rate, I ended up grabbing the COD Black Ops headset bundle for $9.98. Not bad...

Well I dropped almost $100 on Target Halloween clearance again this year. >.>
Think probably 60% of it was Star Wars stuff.
I don't know how some of the Star Wars decorations qualified as Halloween , they didn't have any pumpkins on them or anything. I grabbed a c3po, yoga and Chewie blow up from the Walmart clearance, I didn't see any of those at target though. They are going out on my lawn for Christmas

I don't know how some of the Star Wars decorations qualified as Halloween , they didn't have any pumpkins on them or anything. I grabbed a c3po, yoga and Chewie blow up from the Walmart clearance, I didn't see any of those at target though. They are going out on my lawn for Christmas
I saw a huge blow up Darth Vader in the corner and forgot to check if it was Halloween or Christmas. Bleh.

I'm guessing a lot of the stuff I grabbed was classified as part of Halloween costumes. For example I grabbed four lightsabers that had nothing about Halloween on them but were packaged cheaply and seemed kind of cheap compared to what's in the toy department. For 70% off though they're perfectly fine and how often do you find something like that for 70% off? Got some other costume stuff, some window clings, crafts, etc. that were Star Wars as well.

Wonder when 90% will hit. There were a ton of adult SW costumes left and I would grab one for next year at 90%.

Fyndly definitely shows the wrong clearance price for an item that I want. Called some out of the way stores and it is not the same. Is this common for these inventory checkers?

Interesting, they are already down to $59.98 in my area. We're usually behind on drops.
they're not really $60, tried to get one last night at 3 different targets (most around me list as 60) but not a single one had it marked down to that or in their PDA thingie as that... guess we have to wait until the electronics clearance markdown walkthrough happens again (mon? I forget the day but it's in this thread somewhere)

Fyndly definitely shows the wrong clearance price for an item that I want. Called some out of the way stores and it is not the same. Is this common for these inventory checkers?
If you call, employees may take the clearance deal themselves. They may just quote you MSRP over the phone.

yeah very common, and Target employees HATE if you tell them you saw that price "on the internet", so I always just say
"I saw it on Target's site I think".

and I second that the employees will lie to you over the phone often if you find some crazy price on something (unless it's some niche product that a common person wouldn't understand). in fact, they'll sometimes blatantly lie to you in person if they have the chance. it's happened to me more then once - you'll know it when they start to stonewall you and try to lead you away from the correct area of the store LOL

If you call, employees may take the clearance deal themselves. They may just quote you MSRP over the phone.
Well, they quoted the current clearance price all times that I called.

I don't follow the don't call rule unless it's for a sure thing deal. If it's out of my way or I'm not sure the price, I'll call (the wrong department) and ask for a price check. Always good to call but know who and what to ask. Also nice to throw in, "I know it got horrible reviews but for the price I might as well". I always down play an item as if it's crap or discounted b/c it's 90% of the time defective. No one wants that.

I've only used Fyndly once or twice and the price was correct. This time I used brickseeker. Does it have similar issues? Never had that issue with it either.

I saw a huge blow up Darth Vader in the corner and forgot to check if it was Halloween or Christmas. Bleh.
That Darth Vader blow up is definitely XMas...it's holding a present (Obi Wan Kenobi's still beating heart?). It looks hilariously bad - the lower portion of his helmet was pointed upward, making it look like a pimp/dracula cape's cowl...so maybe it *could* qualify for Halloween (though again, it's holding a present).

this isn't cearance by any means, but when the hell did Target start doing eBay grab bag type listings?? check this out for Xbox 360 games:

http://www.target.com/p/xbox-360-mystery-action-bundle/-/A-21487028?lnk=rec|pdp|related_prods_vv|pdpv1

and $80! some of those are $2 walmart or gamestop 4/$10 pre owned titles
WTF!!! Even ALL of those games for $80 would be a ripoff. Call it the "Soccer Mom Special"

Purchase the Xbox 360 Mystery Action Bundle and you’ll receive a mystery combination of 3 of the following titles: Max Payne 3, Lord of the Rings: War in the North, Generator Rex: Agent of Providence, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Lollipop Chainsaw, Men in Black: Alien Crisis, and 007 Legends.

bread's done
Back