Target Clearance Thread XXII

I found a copy of Lego: The Hobbit (PS3) for $3.04 at my local Target in the San Francisco Bay Area late last week.  I would have posted sooner, but I just registered my account and I wasn't able to post right away.

DCPI 207-24-1474

eisf3s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I never really wanted an Ouya. But, now that I stopped seeing them in stores and can't find one new for retail online, I MUST HAVE ONE. No luck with brickseek near me.

As for the headphone debate, unless you're doing something that requires neutral headphones, listen to as many different sets as you can and find out what your preference is. I like pronounced highs and neutral bass, so I get headphones that suit that. I had a pair of Shure E4Cs that I preferred over my SE535s because I like how they colored the sound in a lot of music. The only reason I don't prefer them now, is my dog chewed the cables off them last week.

I am no audiophile, nor even use headphones. But when people say Beats are shit, even at 70% off, I immediately think the reasoning is only because it is the "cool" thing to do.

If someone can show me they aren't worth it at 70% off, I will believe you audiophiles
They are good mid-tier headphones, The exception being the price.

If one were to test the actual impedance, frequency range, etc. they would find that the are not as shitty as everyone claims them to be. I believe it is a "hard them because they are cool" kind of mentality. That just baffles me. I'm not sayng they are the best but they are not some $2 Koss headphones.

I hate Mega Bloks because they are not Legos. Mega Blocks are shit compared and should not even be considered as an option. Compared to Legos they are absolute shit that are not even in the same category.

Hey, no foolin'! I found Sly 4 at the first Target I walked into. Also no clearance stickers at that particular Target, so that's probably why it lasted so long. Off-topic, but I don't really know where to ask: I just planned on throwing the game in my backlog bin, but it's got cross-buy. Does the cross-buy code eventually expire (in the same way that PS3 multiplayer passes tend to do)? I don't have any use for it myself, but it'd be dumb to just waste it.

Was hoping to contribute to the thread, but ran a bunch of stuff under the scanner and didn't find anything new. Someone asked earlier how to enter a DCPI into the scanner manually, and at this Target, you press and hold the first digit of the DCPI on the numeric keys, and then enter the rest when the screen switches over. So, there's that. 

Hey, no foolin'! I found Sly 4 at the first Target I walked into. Also no clearance stickers at that particular Target, so that's probably why it lasted so long. Off-topic, but I don't really know where to ask: I just planned on throwing the game in my backlog bin, but it's got cross-buy. Does the cross-buy code eventually expire (in the same way that PS3 multiplayer passes tend to do)? I don't have any use for it myself, but it'd be dumb to just waste it.

Was hoping to contribute to the thread, but ran a bunch of stuff under the scanner and didn't find anything new. Someone asked earlier how to enter a DCPI into the scanner manually, and at this Target, you press and hold the first digit of the DCPI on the numeric keys, and then enter the rest when the screen switches over. So, there's that.
The Cross-Buy isnt a code, its on the disc itself

Whoa, that's bonkers. So after some reading, apparently every single disc has an individualized code for cross-buy? That presents a terrifying future for DRM... but at least I don't have to worry about my code expiring.  :D/

(Sorry for the off-topic post; but I figured it would be courtesy to reply to those that provided answers.  O:) ) 

Got a World of Nintendo Luigi and Yoshi (the big ones) for 50% off so $3.98. Was surprised they clearanced the Series 2 stuff.

Also little Diddy and Donkey Kongs for $1.64 each.
Thanks for the tip.

Picked up a 4" Yoshi, and 2" Diddy/Donkey Kong, and Wario.

Slim pickens though.

4" DPCI: 087-06-0956

2" DPCI: 087-06-0958

Just got back from a little trip and was able to nabbed the following on clearance,

Hot Shots Golf World Invitational (Vita) $4.98

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal (PS3) $5.98

And the jewel of the heist a near perfect Final Fantasy 13-3 Lighting Returns (360) STEELBOOK EDITION for $7.01!!! :hot:

I say near pefect since the corners on the slip cover are a little dented, but everything else including the steelbook is mint.

Best haul I've had in a long time from Target, that one little hidden treasure made it worth the trip.  Oh and a few other have said I noticed the influx of old product that wasn't there a couple of weeks ago.  Some of it was on clearance but a lot of it wasn't.  What was odd I noticed was a few things that were clearance just a few weeks ago are back in regular circulation, The Darkness II being one I remember that stood out a few vita games as well.  I also saw worth noting Tales of Xilla 2 for $15.01 which I already have it so didn't bother.

Just got back from a little trip and was able to nabbed the following on clearance,

And the jewel of the heist a near perfect Final Fantasy 13-3 Lighting Returns (360) STEELBOOK EDITION for $7.01!!! :hot:

I say near pefect since the corners on the slip cover are a little dented, but everything else including the steelbook is mint.

Best haul I've had in a long time from Target, that one little hidden treasure made it worth the trip. Oh and a few other have said I noticed the influx of old product that wasn't there a couple of weeks ago. Some of it was on clearance but a lot of it wasn't. What was odd I noticed was a few things that were clearance just a few weeks ago are back in regular circulation, The Darkness II being one I remember that stood out a few vita games as well. I also saw worth noting Tales of Xilla 2 for $15.01 which I already have it so didn't bother.
DCPI Please

Best haul I've had in a long time from Target, that one little hidden treasure made it worth the trip. Oh and a few other have said I noticed the influx of old product that wasn't there a couple of weeks ago. Some of it was on clearance but a lot of it wasn't. What was odd I noticed was a few things that were clearance just a few weeks ago are back in regular circulation, The Darkness II being one I remember that stood out a few vita games as well. I also saw worth noting Tales of Xilla 2 for $15.01 which I already have it so didn't bother.
What was the tag at the top? Clearance, AS-IS, Online Item?

Wolfenstein ps4
My store listed 3 in stock, but I could not find them at all. Then it occurred to me and I started looking behind the display games, and sure enough they were hidden behind the wrong game.

I also found LBP Vita off away from most of the other Vita games at the other end of the Playstation aisle. If it shows in stock (particularly if more than 1), they probably have it put in the wrong place (and often why some clearance items that are good deals last, every other store in my area was sold out of them).

I've started noticing a rather annoying trend at multiple Targets near me.  The "As Is" and "Online return" clearance items are no longer being offered for 70% or more off.  Now they are just being offered for 30% off or less.  This is annoying since these types of clearance items don't usually drop in price like standard store clearance items, at least from what I've seen.  Hopefully this hasn't become the norm at Targets all over the country.

Casselberry FL:

I don't think it's a great deal especially with Best Buy's ad this week, but I found two Day One editions of Ryse marked "Online" that that are $20.98. There was also an "Online" 360 Mass Effect 3 for $13.98.

I bought the 4 inch WON pegwarmers Blue Toad and Wario for $3.98 and most of the 2 inch line; Link, Ganondorf, Cranky Kong, Tetra, Red Pikmin, Olimar, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Waluigi, and Wario for $1.64.
While this is awesome being able to get everybody, this doesn't bode well for the future of the WON line if everything is clearanced including the plushies and Mario Kart selection. I was really looking forward to seeing Fox and Princess Peach being released next month, but it doesn't look like its going to happen... :whistle2:?

I've started noticing a rather annoying trend at multiple Targets near me. The "As Is" and "Online return" clearance items are no longer being offered for 70% or more off. Now they are just being offered for 30% off or less. This is annoying since these types of clearance items don't usually drop in price like standard store clearance items, at least from what I've seen. Hopefully this hasn't become the norm at Targets all over the country.
There was a time when "As Is" tagged items were awesomely priced, usually 80-90% off like one time I got :360: Asura's Wrath for $3.26, nowadays its just a joke with a ridiculous price slapped on. :evil:
"Online Item" is never a deal, its usually more expensive then MSRP from all my years running in to it. Only time it was a great deal was when I bumped into :360: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for $5.06.
From what I have observed both tags never drop any further and they can dangle on the shelves for a year or two.

I bought the 4 inch WON pegwarmers Blue Toad and Wario for $3.98 and most of the 2 inch line; Link, Ganondorf, Cranky Kong, Tetra, Red Pikmin, Olimar, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Waluigi, and Wario for $1.64.
While this is awesome being able to get everybody, this doesn't bode well for the future of the WON line if everything is clearanced including the plushies and Mario Kart selection. I was really looking forward to seeing Fox and Princess Peach being released next month, but it doesn't look like its going to happen... :whistle2:?
Where in the store are these located? I always forget to look for them but it says my local store has them in stock (but NA price).

I skip some posts. Besides the Monster headphones at 70% off anyone else find different headphones on clearance?? Last year i bought a Monster headphone for $40 and SOL Republic master track for $60. Hoping this year i can find another pair of headphones. I bought those headphones this time of year last year

I saw some of the House of Marley headphones on clearance at 30% off this week. I named my son after Bob Marley, so I picked up a pair at 70% off a while back, but they got some of the same ones back in and they're on clearance now...

Series 1-1 went as low as 7.99 around here but never was further clearanced. I just want to find Ganondorf and Metroid of series 1-2 in the full size. I think WON in general is doing fine considering they are carried in quite a few stores.

Oh yeah, I found those figures and they weren't marked down at all.  All that was there was a small Donkey and Diddy and a large Mario and Yoshi so I'm not heartbroken.

Series 1-1 went as low as 7.99 around here but never was further clearanced. I just want to find Ganondorf and Metroid of series 1-2 in the full size. I think WON in general is doing fine considering they are carried in quite a few stores.
I'm pretty sure Ganondorf and Metroid haven't showed up in stores yet, hell kinda impossible because Donkey Kong is clogging up all the shelves, but if you ordered at online stores like BBTS they already have it to ship. Oh BTW the deluxe WON figures are only sold at TRU stores.
The 2 inch scale line are starting to pop up at Walmarts, they are located at the checkout shelves. They have a new "open" packaging and cost $3.97, but they have some of the hard to find figures like Olimar, Toon Link, and Crystal Mario in this wave.

Not sure if this YMMV but the Target I work at, the system doesn't mark online items and as is items down to more than 15% off now. Used to be around 70%.

Not sure if this YMMV but the Target I work at, the system doesn't mark online items and as is items down to more than 15% off now. Used to be around 70%.
Sadly this appears to be becoming the norm for these types of clearance items (I've seen both the incredibly lame 15% off and the still very lame 30% off).

Any Target employees here know what to tell an employee to do when you're trying to ring up a clearance item that is out of the system? Found an out-of-system NFS today and he rang it up at the clearance tag of $13.98 instead of the $5.98 it was supposed to be at.

gah I would kill for that Tetra figure but all I've found is the 4" Samus, which isn't a bad action figure.  It's colored like 80s Samus rather than Prime Samus which makes me happy, but its missing many of the "points of articulation" advertised by the box.  Surprised it got the Nintendo seal of approval in those regards

Any Target employees here know what to tell an employee to do when you're trying to ring up a clearance item that is out of the system? Found an out-of-system NFS today and he rang it up at the clearance tag of $13.98 instead of the $5.98 it was supposed to be at.
I find it's best, when the system prompts the rep to input the price, to have them get the big hand cannon PDA, not the ipod little scanners, and ask them to find the last price it was listed at. Keep in mind, some stores don't always reach the lowest clearance level that a lot of other stores do. A good example was a copy of Walking dead season 2 on PS3 that hit 8.98 almost everywhere, but at this one store I went to took it out of the system after it hit 20.98.

I'm pretty sure Ganondorf and Metroid haven't showed up in stores yet, hell kinda impossible because Donkey Kong is clogging up all the shelves, but if you ordered at online stores like BBTS they already have it to ship. Oh BTW the deluxe WON figures are only sold at TRU stores.
The 2 inch scale line are starting to pop up at Walmarts, they are located at the checkout shelves. They have a new "open" packaging and cost $3.97, but they have some of the hard to find figures like Olimar, Toon Link, and Crystal Mario in this wave.
Thank you for confirming that. I've googled the Metroid and Ganondorf figures a couple times and never could find anything definitive. I'm only collecting the 4" and 6" figures.

All clearance Vita games are gone at my local Target, but I consoled myself by purchasing an as-is online return copy of The Voice for PS3 for $5.56.

I was waiting out Uncharted and Big Little Planet Vita to hit $5.98, apparently they and the rest of the clearance got sent back.

If anyone sees that Bissell Little Green on clearance for $25 I highly recommend it. Really easy to use and clean and I've already had cause to use it twice since getting it earlier this week. Well worth the money if you have carpet.

Yea, we have the version before the Little Green. It's nice if you have pets. You don't have to use the Bissel cleaners either, if you want to use like Resolve instead. I guess, if you have kids, it'd be similar.

Went to Target today and say Wolfenstein New Order on Xbox one. No price sticker and wouldn't scan. The girl in electronics told me to see what they said at the register up front. It didn't come up there either, I told them I saw it for $5.98 and they gave it to me. YMMV for sure on that one.

I know this is store specific, but I saw several copies for GTA IV Greatest Hits with the EX-03 headset(PS3) marked as "Repackage" and priced at $9.81. 

This is probably YMMV but I think any repackage games might not be in the store's stock system. I was searching for a copy of Hot Shots earlier and saw none near me, but when I went to the store, they had 3 repackages.

Could've just been a mistake, but they had clearance stickers over their UPCs so that might have been it too.

Definitely ymmv but my local target had rayman legends on vita and it wouldn't ring up since it's not in their system anymore so they sold it to me for $9.98 after tax.

Definitely ymmv but my local target had rayman legends on vita and it wouldn't ring up since it's not in their system anymore so they sold it to me for $9.98 after tax.
Pretty sure you paid more than you should have.

They should have scanned it with a PDA to find the last price.

bread's done
Back