Target Clearance Thread XXII

Dumb n00b question:

If an item is rumored to be on clearance in multiple Target stores (ex: Roku 3 discussed above), yet my store does not have a Clearance sticker placed on that product, do the self-pricecheck things around the store show the clearance price when scanned? Or, is the only way to determine a clearance price is to bring it to a cashier?
The Roku 3 I found on clearance was not tagged with the clearance sticker. It was on the shelf with other Roku 3s which were at full price. The boxes look the same but one way to tell the difference is to look at the upc on the back. If it has 4200R or 4230R stamped over it, it should be on clearance. If it has ROKU, it's the current model and will not be on clearance.

The Roku 3 I found on clearance was not tagged with the clearance sticker. It was on the shelf with other Roku 3s which were at full price. The boxes look the same but one way to tell the difference is to look at the upc on the back. If it has 4200R or 4230R stamped over it, it should be on clearance. If it has ROKU, it's the current model and will not be on clearance.
Yeah, I found a Roku 3 with 4200R on the UPC, but when I scanned it at the self scanners it said $99. Before I went to that Target I went to Brickseek, which said $99 after typing in the DCPI you provided. I didn't have the Target employee scan because he was the only one in the department and got swarmed with customers, so I lost my patience. That's why I asked. Likely my store did not have that Roku on clearance, or maybe I did something wrong. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I found a Roku 3 with 4200R on the UPC, but when I scanned it at the self scanners it said $99. Before I went to that Target I went to Brickseek, which said $99 after typing in the DCPI you provided. I didn't have the Target employee scan because he was the only one in the department and got swarmed with customers, so I lost my patience. That's why I asked. Likely my store did not have that Roku on clearance, or maybe I did something wrong. Thanks for the help!
No problem. That is a good point. Not all the stores will have the 4200R/4230R on clearance. I used brick seek to find the nearest store that had it for $30. Other stores in my area had them at various price points, including full price.

I'm not sure how common the Roku 3 is on clearance at Target, but I plugged in the DCPI (of the one people are reporting to be on clearance) on Brickseek and all 16 of the closest stores near me still have it for $99.99.

About 10% of stores around me are showing the Roku3 DPCI provided on clearance at $29.98, the rest mostly $99.99 with a couple of N/A stores where it's most likely out of the system.

EXCEPT there is precisely one store showing it even less...$14.98 (none in stock though, and WAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of the way).

I'm not sure how common the Roku 3 is on clearance at Target, but I plugged in the DCPI (of the one people are reporting to be on clearance) on Brickseek and all 16 of the closest stores near me still have it for $99.99.
I haven't used brickseek much but how reliable is it on being accurate?

The real problem is that it seems if the in store team doesn't scan the item it doesn't update the actual price in store.  There's a couple clothing items that I want that are showing they dropped online but not in the store.  Couldn't find anyone with the right scanner to get the correct price either.  Had to settle for some stones for chilling a glass of booze for $5 (70% off).

The real problem is that it seems if the in store team doesn't scan the item it doesn't update the actual price in store. There's a couple clothing items that I want that are showing they dropped online but not in the store. Couldn't find anyone with the right scanner to get the correct price either. Had to settle for some stones for chilling a glass of booze for $5 (70% off).
Yeah that crap has been getting real annoying. Was watching some baby stuff and it never went them all of a sudden it was gone.

I haven't used brickseek much but how reliable is it on being accurate?
More accurate than the stores sometimes considering it takes employees scanning and readjusting the price sticker to match the computer inventory prices

The only times I haven't found anything priced like it was on Brickseek was when the store was slow rescanning and updating the price

Just to let it be known, the Roku 3 has new packaging and that's why the older packaging Roku 3s went on clearance. Now each packaging has different DPCIs but some Targets seem to not have have clearanced out the old packaging ROKU 3s out and have merged the DPCIs. The Target I work at, had 4 older packaging ROKUs for $49.99 but now that only one is left, the DPCI is now the same as the newer packaged ROKU 3.

Today was the PS3's turn to get some red tags, though the titles were mostly meh:

:ps3:
Puppeteer 207-24-0556 $39.99 -> $19.98
Resistance 3 207-24-0463 $29.99 -> $14.98 (20% Cartwheel coupon for this is good through 8/22)
Darksiders II 207-24-0698 $49.99 -> $24.98
Two Worlds II 207-24-1009 $59.99 -> $29.98
Starhawk 207-24-0265 $39.99 -> $19.98
MLB 13 207-24-0543 $39.99 -> $19.98
Just Dance 4 207-24-0896 $39.99 -> $19.98

Let's hope for xbox360 clearance games next. I wouldn't mind stocking up on some of the future backwards compatibility games!

I got the Roku 3 on clearance for $29.98; drove 60 miles round trip and spent $12 on gas, but that was worth it to me. At the store, the only one that rang up as being on clearance (the one that I bought) had a "4200R" mark on the UPC region; the rest either said "ROKU" or "4200RT" or other things. 

http://www.fyndly.com/target/tools/inventory/check.html

That site was pretty good; armed with the DCPI (008-06-1514) I was in business (it's probably a good tool for games too, haha). 

Picked up a few things today. I used the 10% off on Cartwheel also but the prices below are the prices marked before the 10% off.

N300 Netgear WiFi Range Extender 70% off $49.99. $14.98 056-02-0060
Targus 100W Power Inverter Auto/Air 70% off $39.99 $11.98 056-00-0106
Seagate 3TB Personal Cloud 70% off $159.99, $47.98 056-02-0128
60W Apple MagSafe Power Adapter 70% off $78.99, $23.68 057-00-1760
Sony SRS-X11 Cube red Bluetooth speaker 70% off $69.99, $20.98 008-03-1158
Lexar microSDHC UHS-1 class 10 32 GB memory card $7.48 056-12-0351
Lexar microSDHC class 10 16 GB memory card $70% off $14.99, $4.48 056-12-0352

These dropped to $39 if your store had it on clearance.
Really? I wonder if I can do a return/rebuy with just the receipt? I do have the box still though. I think this is a job for the wife.
Edit:
Ok I see it on the brick seeker site for $39 but I have to go to the store I purchased it from since it's still $130 everywhere else. Definitely getting the wife to make this run to return/rebuy and apply the cartwheel to it also. I hope she doesn't get jammed up because it's a clearance item.

Thanks for the heads up.

Well I thought these were lost and gone forever but...

[attachment=16648:20150818_002322.jpg]

Certainly did NOT expect to run into this nearby ASU. 

Missed on the Sony Sale so give me a minute here...

92.gif

Picked last copy Tales of the Abyss $14.98 - 10% off cartwheel - 5% off red card. Roku 3 or stick still full price. Also, 1 chappie steelbook left by cashier line (target lees summit).

Say I order something with ship to store for in store pickup at a store that has the item on clearance. When I pick up said item, will it ring up as full price or on clearance?

Say I order something with ship to store for in store pickup at a store that has the item on clearance. When I pick up said item, will it ring up as full price or on clearance?
Say I want to bought an item at one Target and returned it to another Target store that happens to list their clearanced item with a lower price on the DCPI search. Then I re-buy the clearanced item at the same store. Will the price reflect the lower price?

I'd say if the item was clearance at that store it should ring up as clearance...but you'll pay the online price first if you do a store pickup. You may need to do that return/rebuy thing.

Which is something that most Targets seem to be unwilling to do.
Yep. Target refuses to do a return/rebuy. They wanted to "trash" my hard drive and sell me another off the floor. Too bad there were none on the floor. So that $50 price drop was on an item they never even had to sell in the first place. What is this? Kmart?

Interesting. Yeah I had a few stinkers myself but for most of the part, I've gotten rebuys done without a hitch. Which is weird. Of course it helps when I remove the clearance stickers...
I had a lady give me issues when buying a clearance TV. I waited right at customer service until she processed it for me. She tried to take her time but I wasnt going to leave that area until I got it.

I had a lady give me issues when buying a clearance TV. I waited right at customer service until she processed it for me. She tried to take her time but I wasnt going to leave that area until I got it.
Why were you trying to buy a clearance TV at customer service? Was it a return/rebuy attempt?

Good question. I've tried to order "online only" items direct for store pickup, such as the Lego Batman Tumbler $200+ set, which has shown and is currently showing as 70% off ($59.98) in a few Target stores, at those particular stores, however when I attempt to do the "free store pickup", every single store is unavailable to select, with either "sold out" listed for the 98% of stores that have it at MSRP or higher, or "not available at this store" for the ones that indicate a clearance price.

Why were you trying to buy a clearance TV at customer service? Was it a return/rebuy attempt?
In reference to what I quoted, yes it was a return / rebuy. I explained to the lady that I bought it at another store and wanted to use a different card to pay for it. She saw the price difference and tried to say I have to come back later on in the day, it might have to be returned to the warehouse, they don't price adjust clearance items (they don't, which is why I was doing a return / rebuy) and she's not sure if it'll be there once someone gets around to putting it on the floor. Which is true. But the store just opened (I came as soon as it did) and there were no strays to process but the TV. Someone could have easily done it, and someone eventually (after 15 minutes of me standing in line) did. I saw that she wanted to buy it after seeing the price and was just giving me the runaround.

If you know about Target's strays too, they literally just process the return and someone puts it back where it belongs in the store (assuming it's still brand new and doesn't need additional processing). Return / rebuys shouldn't be hard at all and I've had quite a few that weren't. People just see a great price and want it too.

EDIT: btw, it was a Philips 50in 1080p HDTV for $600 but clearanced to $180.

I was trying to see if there were any Targets to hit by where I am in Ontario and couldn't figure out why the site want working. Then I remembered.

Guess I'll have to settle for checking out a Canadian Walmart and Staples.

I was trying to see if there were any Targets to hit by where I am in Ontario and couldn't figure out why the site want working. Then I remembered.
Guess I'll have to settle for checking out a Canadian Walmart and Staples.
Canadian prices and taxes tend to be a bit higher, Even with the American dollar being stronger than the Canadian dollar. If you are going to be in southern Ontario, come on over to buffalo and Niagara Falls ny. That's what a lot of Canadians do. You might be able to find some deals on used games at the Canadian
ebgames, I also heard that the tru in Canada have a better stock of world of Nintendo figures.

bread's done
Back