Target Clearance Thread XXII

This may be ymmv but I was talking with a target associate in charge of the clearance reductions and she told me that target will price match other local targets that have the same item on clearance. If your store is at 30% but another store is at 70% , you can go up to the service desk and have them call the other store to verify and price match the lower clearance price.

This may be ymmv but I was talking with a target associate in charge of the clearance reductions and she told me that target will price match other local targets that have the same item on clearance. If your store is at 30% but another store is at 70% , you can go up to the service desk and have them call the other store to verify and price match the lower clearance price.
That would be nice, but every time I've tried that I get told that each Target store prices things/clearance differently and there is no pricematch on clearance, etc.

Definitely not policy. Clearance varies from store to store intentionally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prices held steady last night on the Vita games.  Will check again tonight, but I'm thinking it may not be until Monday before the associates mark everything down (despite Brickseek showing the lower prices).

. I should stress this was only on items that were on clearance at both stores. Not items regular price at one store than clearance at another. As always ymmv

Is it me or were the online price checkers working accurately for a few weeks and now they're back to only showing stock with the same price across the board?

Only one target in my town, so would be pointless to try to ever price match a store around the Nashville TN area (about an hour away). The customer service reps where I live are vicious.

Donkey Kong and Bowser can only be bought at Toys R Us stores.

Speaking of World of Nintendo, the Series 2 deluxes are starting to pop out at TRU. Only managed to get Ganondorf, the Metroid is tough to find. Same with the Series 3 4 Inch figures, no luck finding Fox.
The 20 Inch Link has also finally appeared at TRU for about $39.99, and for the record it does not scale with the 20 Inch Mario. ;)
I've seen the DK and Bowser figures in the past at target though maybe not World of Nintendo. Wish I would of looked around more at TRU when I was there for the Bowser Jr. amiibo, dashed on out to get to target.

Good luck with that.

Best approach:

-Buy at one store, pay with cash/credit (not red card)

-Drive to store with reduced clearance price

-At customer service say that you forgot to use your Red Card (everyone should have at least the red debit card)

-They will return it (get $$$ back)

-????

-Rebuy at clearance price with Red Card.

I've seen the DK and Bowser figures in the past at target though maybe not World of Nintendo. Wish I would of looked around more at TRU when I was there for the Bowser Jr. amiibo, dashed on out to get to target.
The world of Nintendo stuff is very hit or miss. Target doesn't appear to be getting any new waves of these figures, leaving tru as the only nationwide brick and mortar store to carry them. Some of the 2.5 " figures are in the checkout lanes at Walmart super center. For future waves, I think I will preorder from big bad toys or entertainment earth. They may charge more but I don't have to drive around as much

Found the last copy of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for Vita tonight for $14.98. There were several PSP and Vita games left. I also bought two of the PSP accessory pouch and cloth sets for $4.98 each for the PSP 2000 and 3000 systems that I own since it's hard to find those used at a store like GameStop. I saw a bunch of standalone games such as the 3rd Birthday along with the 2 packs but I need to see if I already own them. All my PSP games are in a huge Rubbermaid tub and I can't remember what I have and what I don't.

So I had a really strange/awesome experience with Target clearance today. I stopped by a local target early this morning just to pick up some groceries and the place was crazy busy. While checking out, I remarked to the cashier that it was pretty wild. At that point she told me that the store was having a big sale. 70% off any clearance item. Meaning it was 70% off of whatever it was red-tagged as.

Which is of course nuts. So I quickly ran my groceries to the car and then headed back into the store to pick up all sorts of stuff. Unfortunately I was in a bit of a rush at that point seeing as I had just put food in my car and I didn't want things to spoil. So I ran around and grabbed all sorts of stuff. Lights, Shelves, laptop stands, bedroom blankets, some random clothes, and more. I wish I had more time at that point to look over things and get stuff. I did see lots of Vita games and accessories at clearance, but that did me no good as I don't have one of those. I checked out and saved a crap ton of cash.

Told my sisters about it and ended up making another trip tonight with them. I had time at this point to look over things and put alot into my cart. But when I went to ring out, I was informed the 70% sale ended around 1:00 in the afternoon and that clearance items were back to what they were marked as. So I didn't really buy anything at that point. Still really psyched I was able to get what I did when I had the chance, but I had never seen or heard of anything like this before. Does anyone else have info as to when/how this sort of thing happens? I'd love to try and be prepared next time it hits.

Here are some pics:

w0xOu77.jpg

hKq4yDl.jpg

PpfmWVz.jpg

7Yu7M8U.jpg

So I had a really strange/awesome experience with Target clearance today. I stopped by a local target early this morning just to pick up some groceries and the place was crazy busy. While checking out, I remarked to the cashier that it was pretty wild. At that point she told me that the store was having a big sale. 70% off any clearance item. Meaning it was 70% off of whatever it was red-tagged as.

Which is of course nuts. So I quickly ran my groceries to the car and then headed back into the store to pick up all sorts of stuff. Unfortunately I was in a bit of a rush at that point seeing as I had just put food in my car and I didn't want things to spoil. So I ran around and grabbed all sorts of stuff. Lights, Shelves, laptop stands, bedroom blankets, some random clothes, and more. I wish I had more time at that point to look over things and get stuff. I did see lots of Vita games and accessories at clearance, but that did me no good as I don't have one of those. I checked out and saved a crap ton of cash.

Told my sisters about it and ended up making another trip tonight with them. I had time at this point to look over things and put alot into my cart. But when I went to ring out, I was informed the 70% sale ended around 1:00 in the afternoon and that clearance items were back to what they were marked as. So I didn't really buy anything at that point. Still really psyched I was able to get what I did when I had the chance, but I had never seen or heard of anything like this before. Does anyone else have info as to when/how this sort of thing happens? I'd love to try and be prepared next time it hits.

Here are some pics:

w0xOu77.jpg

hKq4yDl.jpg

PpfmWVz.jpg

7Yu7M8U.jpg
????

Why?

Whatever you got was a great deal. But were there giant amounts of clearance stuff there?

Quick question on the Target Inventory checker website it shows Vita Games for cheaper prices  but when I went to the store they were more expensive than the tracker said??

Quick question on the Target Inventory checker website it shows Vita Games for cheaper prices but when I went to the store they were more expensive than the tracker said??
The clearance team has to scan the stuff for the in-store price to update and most stores do that on Monday for electronics.

I don't believe that there was any more clearance at this Target store then I have seen at any others. The reduced prices had to be entered manually after items were ringed and people were purchasing large amounts of stuff. Very strange that it was only for such a brief time. I wish I had more time to look around or had been able to get a external hard drive or some of the other clearanced items people have been talking about on here. But I did not spot any in my quick search.

I don't believe that there was any more clearance at this Target store then I have seen at any others. The reduced prices had to be entered manually after items were ringed and people were purchasing large amounts of stuff. Very strange that it was only for such a brief time. I wish I had more time to look around or had been able to get a external hard drive or some of the other clearanced items people have been talking about on here. But I did not spot any in my quick search.
Seems like management wanted to get rid of a bunch of clearance to make room for other stuff.

So no one's picked up the laptop?  it doesn't look like they've been going quick around me, at least on brickseek.  my laptop just died, and i have 1 hail mary attempt left this morning to try and get it to even boot up but if / when that fails. I may run to a very close target and grab one.  Anyway, I was just curious if anyone had any time hands on with one of them!  thanks

So no one's picked up the laptop? it doesn't look like they've been going quick around me, at least on brickseek. my laptop just died, and i have 1 hail mary attempt left this morning to try and get it to even boot up but if / when that fails. I may run to a very close target and grab one. Anyway, I was just curious if anyone had any time hands on with one of them! thanks
DCPI?

I don't see any DCPIs starting with 207 on your receipt, what is wrong with you? :p

That's my guess. Stores that have some discretion over their clearance will often be willing to take a hit on moving it rather than have corporate make it an issue.
That's my guess as well. Was once in Walmart during a weekday afternoon when management announced over the loud speaker that clearance would be an additional % off but only for like an hour or something. This walmart had rows of clearance toys and the extra 50% off or whatever made the usual walmart clearance prices worthwhile. I filled two carts worth of stuff for family, sold some of it, etc.. But it was so random, the store was basically empty, I was probably the only person that cared.

056-01-0084 Laptop Computer Acer Intel Core I3-5005u Light Silver $249.98 to 349.98

Acer Aspire V15 Touchscreen Signature Edition Laptop (V3-572P-326T).

Specs
• Intel Core i3-5005U
• 6GB DDR3
• 1TB HDD
• 15.6" 1366x76 8 LED Touchscreen
• Intel HD Graphics 5500
• Backlit Keyboard
• 6-Cell Battery
• Windows 8.1

From a couple pages back, on Sept 11

Found the last copy of Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for Vita tonight for $14.98. There were several PSP and Vita games left. I also bought two of the PSP accessory pouch and cloth sets for $4.98 each for the PSP 2000 and 3000 systems that I own since it's hard to find those used at a store like GameStop. I saw a bunch of standalone games such as the 3rd Birthday along with the 2 packs but I need to see if I already own them. All my PSP games are in a huge Rubbermaid tub and I can't remember what I have and what I don't.
Oh yea I saw it at my local Target on Saturday for that price also. There was a stack of 'em. I went back today and it's now $8.xx but there was only 2 left. :eek: They just dropped the prices again last night or something.

Picked up NG2+, DOA5+, Angry Birds: Star Wars (all Vita) and One Piece R (3DS) for $25.xx.

Don't need NG2+, but don't need many of the other games on sale, either. If I sell, I'll let y'all know.

Vaya con dios, portable Sony gaming.

:vita:
Minecraft (download code only) 207-20-0962 $19.99 -> $9.98
Tearaway 207-20-0127 $39.99 -> $19.98
Freedom Wars 207-20-0023 $29.99 -> $14.98
Killzone Mercenary 207-20-0106 $29.99 -> $14.98
The Walking Dead S2 207-20-0027 $29.99 -> $14.98
The Wolf Among Us 207-20-1126 $29.99 -> $14.98
Borderlands 2 207-20-0921 $39.99 -> $19.98
Rayman Legends 207-20-0908 $29.99 -> $14.98
Assassin's Creed III Liberation 207-20-0707 $29.99 -> $14.98
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection 207-20-0088 $29.99 -> $14.98
Lumines 207-20-0047 $29.99 -> $14.98
Need For Speed: Most Wanted 207-20-0760 $19.99 -> $9.98
Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz 207-20-0069 $19.99 -> $9.98
Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified 207-20-1111 $49.99 -> $24.98
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 207-20-0070 $19.99 -> $9.98
Street Fighter vs Tekken 207-20-0094 $39.99 -> $19.98
Dead or Alive 5+ 207-20-0121 $19.99 -> $9.98
Dungeon Hunter Alliance 207-20-0051 $29.99 -> $14.98
Angry Birds Star Wars 207-20-1443 $19.99 -> $9.98
Mortal Kombat 207-20-0080 $19.99 -> $9.98

:psp:
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (GH) 207-20-0422 $19.99 -> $9.98
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep 207-20-0434 $9.99 -> $4.98
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror/SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 207-20-0450 $14.99 -> $7.48
Secret Agent Clank/Daxter 207-20-0452 $14.99 -> $7.48
Killzone Liberation (GH) 207-20-0006 $9.99 -> $4.98
Daxter (GH) 207-20-0005 $9.99 -> $4.98
Hot Shots Golf Open Tee (GH) 207-20-1718 $9.99 -> $4.98
Twisted Metal Head-On 207-20-0003 $9.99 -> $4.98
Ape Escape 207-20-1716 $9.99 -> $4.98

PSP-2000/3000 composite cable 207-20-0010 $14.99 -> $7.48

Other:
Chromecast 008-06-0012 $34.99 -> $29.74
Logitech h600 headset 056-00-0043 $59.99 -> $41.98

Found Tearaway for $12 and Minecraft for $6. Was tempted to get Dungeon Hunters as well but at $9 it just seemed too much.

Also a Zero Suit Samus randomly. Missed all the grilling stuff, sadly.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 207-20-0070 is listed at some Targets for $5.98 . Owensboro KY, Evansville IN and others I won't mention. Would be nice.

bread's done
Back