Target Clearance Thread XXII

I've had great results asking for an item if it shows in-stock. I normally tell them another store told me it was In-Stock at that location and I've had several items pulled from the back.
any clearance item is not supposed to be in back, all clearance are supposed to be put on the floor, which is why there was 67 of those sensor bars out lol

also you must have very non-lazy and "uninterested in the item" employees that you've been running into

someones dropping the ball if there are clearance items in the back, they are not supposed to be back there

They claimed it was shrink / loss / theft, though if they really were items they couldn't find, why leave the inventory count as showing them as in-stock?

Probably is employee hoarding, which I guess is one of the "perks" of their job, hiding items from customers so they can buy them at 75% off. :bomb:
yeah, that and also customers will hide stuff (i dont) but i know it happens

so some items could be anywhere in the store for long time, its pretty dumb to do that because 9 times out of 10 they never come back for the item

Last edited by a moderator:
When I worked at Target, they were so ridiculously strict on hiding clearance stuff. I saw 2 people get fired over related incidents. If they are hiding them, management must not give a shit.
From the response of the MOD when I called to complain and her "I don't give a shit" tone on the phone, I'd say that's a safe bet.

so some items could be anywhere in the store for long time, its pretty dumb to do that because 9 times out of 10 they never come back for the item
I can only wonder where something like a PS3 controller would be hidden in the average Target store. Probably women's underwear or suppositories.

The real problem when that happens is that eventually the stuff either drops out of the system or goes back up in price at the POS.

Got the number on that thing? I'd quite enjoy one myself.
It was an online item. I'll find the package and update it when I get home. It was weird because it was initially marked at $19.99. Still that's a great price either way.

Funny story. Here's the number 059011193. Funny thing is I checked that number online, and it comes up as a book. http://www.target.com/p/wicked-business-a-lizzy-and-diesel-novel-by-janet-evanovich-hardcover/-/A-14007687
So either am employee at the store mistagged the item, or a customer switched the tag. Either way, great find for me!

My store has one at this price too but I'm gonna risk waiting to see if drops tomorrow. I already have 2 XB1 controllers so not a big deal but I would love one at sub $30.
i wasnt gonna risk it as every other store within 50 miles sold out of them. And I just discovered it has the new 3.5 mm jack on it..so no puck is needed

managed to pick up the xb1 controller and charge pack for 45.48 yesterday. They were very confused as to why the shelf tag scanned at 45.48 and the box scanned at 74.99 but gave it to me for the lower price. Im just unsure if i will keep it.

i wasnt gonna risk it as every other store within 50 miles sold out of them. And I just discovered it has the new 3.5 mm jack on it..so no puck is needed
That store was sold out too. You bought the new version that isn't on clearance. That's why it didn't ring up at the clearance price.

If you look at your receipt, the DCPI will not be 207-00-2003.

The Xbox one Hori Racing Wheel dropped to $26.98 today, so I picked 1 up. It didn't get great reviews but for around $25 after my Red Card, I might play around with it for awhile. DPCI 207-00-0355

The store closest to me said on Brickseek that it has 8 gold DS3 controllers at $16.xx. Went there yesterday and found zero.

The store closest to me said on Brickseek that it has 8 gold DS3 controllers at $16.xx. Went there yesterday and found zero.
Brickseek informed me yesterday that there were 7 at 3 stores within a 5 mile radius of my house. I went to all 3 yesterday and only 1 store had them, but they were $27.xx instead of $16.xx like brickseek stated. I asked a CS rep about it and they said that $27.xx was the price for their store.

Passe=d on a stack of Killzone: Mercenary games for 4.xx, because I already have it. Did not realize it's trading for $8 at Gamestop...

Passe=d on a stack of Killzone: Mercenary games for 4.xx, because I already have it. Did not realize it's trading for $8 at Gamestop...
killzone for vita? well maybe you're interested in trading one, check my trade list

Probably in back with employees diving in and out of the stack of all eight of them.
hahahahhahaha, ya rly, being off by 8, something is def not right

hahahahhahaha, ya rly, being off by 8, something is def not right
That's the thing that I didn't get. The MOD I spoke with at my home store acted like being off 5 out of 5 on an item, even though it's on clearance, was an OK thing and something that happens on a daily basis.

I'd like to think if it was my store to run, having an inventory variance of 100% on a single item seems like it would be something that should get fixed. Plus, she said that since they couldn't be located, she would take them out of inventory, yet that hasn't happened for a week's time since I spoke with her, according to both fyndly and brickseek.

So if the brick seek price as of this morning for the XB1 Controller with play and charge kit is still $45.48 at my local store there is no chance it rings up cheaper correct?

The Xbox one Hori Racing Wheel dropped to $26.98 today, so I picked 1 up. It didn't get great reviews but for around $25 after my Red Card, I might play around with it for awhile. DPCI 207-00-0355
i picked up a wheel as well, for those in the KC area, the Liberty Target had one left marked at $26.98, they also have 3 tearaways in the vita section that ring up $11.98 and a street fighter vs tekken also ringing up $11.98. there were also 3 rayman legends in the lock up case, price unknown.

Brickseek has the 4TB Seagate HD listed as $38.98 (changed on Friday) and in store its still $90.98. Figured the 3 days in between would give them time to get it in the system. Worth checking daily or should I call and get a price check before driving there(Yes I know this is against CAG rules).

Nyko Modular Charge Station (PlayStation 4) - 207-00-0331 $13.98 Was $19.99

Turtle Beach P11 Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset for PlayStation 3 - Black - 207-00-1114 $29.98 Was $59.99

PS3 Remote Control - 207-00-0835  $12.48 Was $24.99

Playstation Vita Cleaning Cloth Kit - 207-00-0327 $3.98 was $7.99

Gaming Controller Charger ENERGIZER (For PSPS, Vita 1000 and 2000) - 207-00-0214 $9.98 Was $19.99Ps 

Vita Starter Kit (Silicone Glove and Screen Protector) - 207-00-0305 $5.98 Was 11.99

PS Vita Travel Case - 207-00-0154 $9.98 Was $19.99

Found a copy of Tearaway at $11.98 and Minecraft at $5.98. 

Forgot Minecraft was DL only.  Would the DL work on my PS3 or is it Vita only?  Probably a bad question but I never purchase downloads.

Found a copy of Tearaway at $11.98 and Minecraft at $5.98.

Forgot Minecraft was DL only. Would the DL work on my PS3 or is it Vita only? Probably a bad question but I never purchase downloads.
You can get the PS3 version for free after activating the Vita code. I think the PS4 $5 upgrade promo should still be active too

St. Charles, MO had the following today:

South Park Seasons 12&13 less than $5 each (as-is)
Hori Xbox one wheel $26.xx
Sony Silver headset $29.xx
Xbox One headset $8.xx (MS official, normal $24.99)

Made a trip to an out-of-the-way Target supposedly with 6 of the gold PS3 controllers.  Had them check the DPCI #, inventory matched, though someone who works in Electronics said that someone bought at least 4 of them this morning. :bomb:

The trick is to see if fyndly or brickseek sees the inventory count drop to 2 or less tomorrow when inventory updates.  If it doesn't. the guy was full of shit.  If it does drop, then I missed a chance at one of them.

Another annoyance with Target inventory being non-realtime.  Feh.

Count Westfield Culver City mall (aka Fox Hills mall aka Culver City South) Target as yet another store with high inventory showing on the Sony PS3 Gold controller (5, $16.48 each) with none to be found. No doubt being held in the back: as a guy was coming out with a pile of electronics clearance freshly sticker priced I asked about the controlloers to which he said "I ain't seen no controllers", meanwhile it shows $27.98 on the in store price checker. Probably some employee will scan them to the new price just before they go on break and purchase them all.

EDIT: spoke at length with store management and in particular the electronics LoD or MoD or whatever they are called (leader on duty, manager on duty, etc.).  He and a couple other "managers" went to the back stock room for about 10-15 minutes looking for said items, and indicated on his PDA, which he displayed to me, a date of 12/29 which he stated was the last date that one was sold at that store, and that most likely the inventory had been off at some point, possibly with another item having had that DPCI entered as that number incorrectly.  He offered to give me a Dualshock 4 of my choice at the showing $27.98 price, so I took him up on the offer.

I suggest possibly having one of each and every different color DS3 and DS4 controllers in stock at a store that is showing inventory on these (with none found) be scanned, because there is the possibility that one or more incorrectly/accidentally share the same DPCI number.

Count Culver City mall Target as yet another store with high inventory showing on the Sony PS3 Gold controller (5, $16.48 each) with none to be found. No doubt being held in the back as a guy was coming out with electronics clearance freshly sticker priced and said "I ain't seen I controllers", meanwhile it shows $27.98 on i store price checker. Probably some employee will scan them to the new price just before they go on break and purchase them all.
"I ain't seen controllers" = "If you talk about it again, I'll beat you to death with my PDT"

Check inventory tomorrow and see what comes up. My guess is that it'll likely be down to 0.

Grabbed a Killzone for $8.xx at the Monroeville, PA Target.

And 2 Supersoakers for $3.xx each so I can battle my 4 year old in the backyard! I'm gonna own that noob.

Major drops today for all 3DS games:

:3ds:
Sonic Generations $8.98
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask $11.98
One Piece Unlimited World Red Day One Edition $5.98
Pac-Man and the Ghastly Adventures $5.98
:3ds: + :ds: Lego Lord of the Rings $5.98
:3ds: + :ds: Cars 2 $5.98
Legends of Oz Dorothy's Return $5.98
Lego Chima Laval's Journey $5.98
Beyblade Revolution $5.98
Steel Diver $11.98
Angry Birds Star Wars $5.98
The Legend of Korra A New Era Begins $8.98
Scribblenauts Unlimited $5.98
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles $8.98

:wiiu: Sing Party $5.98
:wiiu: Planes $5.98
:wii: Cars Toon Mater's Tall Tales $5.98

I got myself Sonic Generations, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, One Piece Unlimited World Red, and Pac-Man and the Ghastly Adventures.
Just curious, which TMNT was it? The one from the cartoon or the movie?

Made a trip to an out-of-the-way Target supposedly with 6 of the gold PS3 controllers. Had them check the DPCI #, inventory matched, though someone who works in Electronics said that someone bought at least 4 of them this morning. :bomb:

The trick is to see if fyndly or brickseek sees the inventory count drop to 2 or less tomorrow when inventory updates. If it doesn't. the guy was full of shit. If it does drop, then I missed a chance at one of them.

Another annoyance with Target inventory being non-realtime. Feh.
I don't know about it being real time, but I've noticed brickseek has usually updated quantities by the time I get home with something I purchase....

Had an opposite experience with the controllers today.... Target 30 min away is in an uppity part of town.... they did their mark downs for electronics today, but they apparently decided to skip dropping the 4 gold controllers I actually had in my hand down to the $17 mark that brickseek first showed 3 or 4 days ago :wall: :bomb:

I don't know about it being real time, but I've noticed brickseek has usually updated quantities by the time I get home with something I purchase....

Had an opposite experience with the controllers today.... Target 30 min away is in an uppity part of town.... they did their mark downs for electronics today, but they apparently decided to skip dropping the 4 gold controllers I actually had in my hand down to the $17 mark that brickseek first showed 3 or 4 days ago :wall: :bomb:
Sounds like that's a shitty problem that they didn't bother doing their markdowns. Maybe they didn't do it so that people wouldn't buy them, they'll do the correct clearance markdowns on them and pick them up themselves.

Seems to be a common theme at the moment.

Found a few 3ds accessories on clearance when I was getting a gold PS3 controller. I grabbed a Ds folio for 2.98 and new3ds xl starter kit for 4.48.
[attachment=17234:image.jpg]

Count Westfield Culver City mall (aka Fox Hills mall aka Culver City South) Target as yet another store with high inventory showing on the Sony PS3 Gold controller (5, $16.48 each) with none to be found. No doubt being held in the back: as a guy was coming out with a pile of electronics clearance freshly sticker priced I asked about the controlloers to which he said "I ain't seen no controllers", meanwhile it shows $27.98 on the in store price checker. Probably some employee will scan them to the new price just before they go on break and purchase them all.
Did you take a look at the Vita games selection there? Trying to decide whether or not I want to check it out after work. I think Brickseek showed Tearaway was in stock there last week but they couldn't find any.

Did you take a look at the Vita games selection there? Trying to decide whether or not I want to check it out after work. I think Brickseek showed Tearaway was in stock there last week but they couldn't find any.
I did glance through the selection, it was very "meh". A bunch of copies of Wolf Among Us, MLB, a couple each of Assassin's Creed, Angry Birds, Legends of Chima, I think one of Lumines. Also, the clearance was all over the place. You have to check both the back wall IIRC, the actual video game aisles and endcaps, as well as an endcap all the way down by the luggage.

I went to Target today was found the WiiU Wireless sensor bar I needed for $6 and the Metal Gear Solid Collection for Vita for $9. Solid deals. Hoping to find a hard drive or an XBOne controller now.

Brickseek has the 4TB Seagate HD listed as $38.98 (changed on Friday) and in store its still $90.98. Figured the 3 days in between would give them time to get it in the system. Worth checking daily or should I call and get a price check before driving there(Yes I know this is against CAG rules).

Nyko Modular Charge Station (PlayStation 4) - 207-00-0331 $13.98 Was $19.99
Turtle Beach P11 Amplified Stereo Gaming Headset for PlayStation 3 - Black - 207-00-1114 $29.98 Was $59.99
PS3 Remote Control - 207-00-0835 $12.48 Was $24.99

Playstation Vita Cleaning Cloth Kit - 207-00-0327 $3.98 was $7.99
Gaming Controller Charger ENERGIZER (For PSPS, Vita 1000 and 2000) - 207-00-0214 $9.98 Was $19.99Ps
Vita Starter Kit (Silicone Glove and Screen Protector) - 207-00-0305 $5.98 Was 11.99
PS Vita Travel Case - 207-00-0154 $9.98 Was $19.99
Can I get the DPCI on that hard drive? I'm interested in this.

More External Hard Drives on Clearance

Seagate 5TB Expansion Desktop External Hard Drive 056-02-0125 $97.98

Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB External Hard Drive - Red 056-02-0093 $34.98

Western Digital My Cloud 4TB Portable Hard Drive - White 056-02-0111 $153.98

Western Digital 1tb Hard Drive Capacity Black 056-02-0205 $20.98-$48.98
Thanks for posting this. I was able to get the 5TB today.

EDIT: spoke at length with store management and in particular the electronics LoD or MoD or whatever they are called (leader on duty, manager on duty, etc.). He and a couple other "managers" went to the back stock room for about 10-15 minutes looking for said items, and indicated on his PDA, which he displayed to me, a date of 12/29 which he stated was the last date that one was sold at that store, and that most likely the inventory had been off at some point, possibly with another item having had that DPCI entered as that number incorrectly. He offered to give me a Dualshock 4 of my choice at the showing $27.98 price, so I took him up on the offer.

I suggest possibly having one of each and every different color DS3 and DS4 controllers in stock at a store that is showing inventory on these (with none found) be scanned, because there is the possibility that one or more incorrectly/accidentally share the same DPCI number.
oh good, I mean of course not really, but I was kind of mad at myself that I was too lazy to make the trek to Fox Hills. At least you got a DS4 cheap as hell out of it! btw, found any good legos lately? (am I allowed to ask that question on this thread??)

Picked up a bunch of vita games for $5 (lego batman 2 and 3), COD, Minecraft, mlb15, lego marvel, streetfightervtekken, ninja gaiden, and psp lego star wars 2

The store where I went to yesterday that had the 6 Gold PS3 controllers and someone supposedly came in and bought at least four of them....... both Brickseek and Fyndly show their inventory counts as 6. 

So...... if someone supposedly bought at least four of them and inventory should update overnight, why should it still be showing six of them in inventory?  That makes no sense to me unless, once again, someone in-store is full of shit, or both Brickseek and Fyndly are both out of whack on inventory counts.  I simply can't believe someone in-store at a Target would be full of shit, nope, not ever.  ;)

The store where I went to yesterday that had the 6 Gold PS3 controllers and someone supposedly came in and bought at least four of them....... both Brickseek and Fyndly show their inventory counts as 6.

So...... if someone supposedly bought at least four of them and inventory should update overnight, why should it still be showing six of them in inventory? That makes no sense to me unless, once again, someone in-store is full of shit, or both Brickseek and Fyndly are both out of whack on inventory counts. I simply can't believe someone in-store at a Target would be full of shit, nope, not ever. ;)
I asked a target employee about a copy of Minecraft that showed up as in stock on brickseek. He couldn't find it in the system. Have you tried this? Either way, that sucks. I got one just because I happened to see it and needed one for my PS TV. I don't see why someone would need 4 other than to hoard or scalp.

I asked a target employee about a copy of Minecraft that showed up as in stock on brickseek. He couldn't find it in the system. Have you tried this? Either way, that sucks. I got one just because I happened to see it and needed one for my PS TV. I don't see why someone would need 4 other than to hoard or scalp.
When I go in-store to check for the PS3 controllers, I give them the DPCI # and they have it match the inventory as shown on Brickseek / Fydnly. They just can't find them (first store) or claim someone bought most/all of them (second store).

So, as I said, it's odd that these items are all MIA for one reason or another. Plus, my home store said they would adjust their inventory since they can't find them anywhere and that was over a week ago.

EDIT: Just refreshed the Fyndly page for the controllers and the store that had six of them now is showing as zero. So, I guess Target inventory in this case updates around store open, since I checked before store open the last time this morning.

bread's done
Back