Target Clearance Thread XXII

I asked a target employee about a copy of Minecraft that showed up as in stock on brickseek. He couldn't find it in the system. Have you tried this? Either way, that sucks. I got one just because I happened to see it and needed one for my PS TV. I don't see why someone would need 4 other than to hoard or scalp.
The controllers trade in on amazon for $40.

Brickseek has been very accurate for me. When Target had the Sony gold headsets for dirt cheap last year, one popped up suddenly at my local store. After buying it, it immediately went to zero.

On Saturday I traveled around looking for the X1 controller bundle. Atlantic Terminal in Brooklyn reported 1 for $20. Nowhere to be found there. I asked a electronics rep who stated zero inventory and a list price of $46. Went to Valley Stream location that had 6 listed at $35. None to be found again. Rep said she knew they were placed on an endcap. These items were also listed as $46. I believe that the shrink must have been caused by theft, since they never reached the Brickseek clearance price. These are also two locations located in not so great areas.

Sidenote, Atlantic Terminal store had several 8 bit super Mario and Olimar amiibos. I normally only see Dr. Mario. Didn't realize that 8 bit is rare. Could've made my trip to Brooklyn worthwhile rather than a waste.

oh good, I mean of course not really, but I was kind of mad at myself that I was too lazy to make the trek to Fox Hills. At least you got a DS4 cheap as hell out of it! btw, found any good legos lately? (am I allowed to ask that question on this thread??)
Lately only Lego clearance I've seen is the SW Ghost clearance priced at a handful of more stores, $26.68, $26.98, $32.08 and $44.98. 204-00-0062. SW B Wing $13.48, $14.98, $16.68 $17.68 and some other price variants at a handful of stores 204-00-0054. Also the small Spidey vs Electro set $3.95 and $3.98 at a few stores 204-00-1338.

EDIT: Aaaaand what do ya know? The inventory on those 5 magic gold PS3 controllers went from 5 to 0 at the Culver City South store. Bet if I punch in the DPCI in store today it will show the lower price too.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a Destiny Taken King beanie that was a gift with purchase. Not clearance yet, but it should be eventually.

DCPI for down the line: 207-34-0052

And thanks Sov.

Found a few 3ds accessories on clearance when I was getting a gold PS3 controller. I grabbed a Ds folio for 2.98 and new3ds xl starter kit for 4.48.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Woo! Found those for those prices.

The Starter Kit is pretty nice. The Acrylic shell feels good and looks better than the TPU protector. It ain't going to take the brunt of falls though like TPU could...but then again, the hinge will always be a weak point.

The DS folio is junk IMO. They used cheap felt that you can find at a Michaels or JoAnn cheap to line the interiors. It's very thin inside and surprisingly weak protection if you have an XL in there. Not even worth a dollar for me. It's going back...although I've been hoarding cases for ages now so I know my cases.

EDIT: Aaaaand what do ya know? The inventory on those 5 magic gold PS3 controllers went from 5 to 0 at the Culver City South store. Bet if I punch in the DPCI in store today it will show the lower price too.
I think you're going to answer your own question on that one. The store I went to yesterday that had the 6 controllers dropped to 0 after the store opened though was still showing 6 before store open.

I'm hoping to find success at another store, though again, my "home" store still shows 5 in inventory, they can't find them anywhere, which means either customers hid them or employees hid them. I'll bet when they hit $16.48, they will disappear in no time flat.

I did not know this. Is there a limit to how many can be traded in to amazon? Currently have 6 in the area at $27 a piece.
Two per account per three month period.

Yeah, I've been burned these past few days by Target clearance using any inventory site. The site is right, the items are there for the listed price (most of the time the right price) but you get there and the item can't be found. They claim theft or the more usual story of someone bought all of them and inventory hasn't updated. How the hell can someone buy an item and your system doesn't know how to subtract it from the in store inventory. I think most of these items are being held in the back somewhere for someone to buy on pay day.

Picked up the 4TB Seagate today for $38.xx price must of updated after I left the store yesterday or this morning. Yesterday there was 2 of them and when I got there I could only find one. Now Brickseek is still showing 1 left in stock. Any chance it would of got moved out of the electronic department when they lowered the price? Might have to take another trip tomorrow if Brickseek doesn't update.

Found a $6.86 As Is 360 Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year edition mixed in with the Clearance $13.98 360 Red Dead Redemptions.

You might have to read that sentence again, slowly. 

Yeah, I've been burned these past few days by Target clearance using any inventory site. The site is right, the items are there for the listed price (most of the time the right price) but you get there and the item can't be found. They claim theft or the more usual story of someone bought all of them and inventory hasn't updated. How the hell can someone buy an item and your system doesn't know how to subtract it from the in store inventory. I think most of these items are being held in the back somewhere for someone to buy on pay day.
inventory is difficult for a big box store very easy for things to go missing, especially electronics... only an amateur CAG trusts inventory sites 100% :p hit the streets!!

Has anyone seen nfs mw vita on clearance? Or know the dcpi?
i can confirm i saw it for $5.98 or $8.98, not sure. it was there last week and yesterday when i went back all the vita games in the clearance section were gone. i didnt get it because i own it digitally.

inventory is difficult for a big box store very easy for things to go missing, especially electronics... only an amateur CAG trusts inventory sites 100% :p hit the streets!!
I don't trust inventory checkers 100%, it's only a point of reference for price drops. I always go with little expectations of actually getting an item I want.

Target's inventory system doesn't update until the next morning. Even their PDTs aren't showing live inventory, as I was at one Target store yesterday where they had 6 gold controllers. Someone supposedly bought them all out before I made it there and both Brickseek and Fyndly were showing 6 in inventory until after the store opened this morning. Once it opened, that store was then showing zero controllers.

Target's inventory system doesn't update until the next morning. Even their PDTs aren't showing live inventory, as I was at one Target store yesterday where they had 6 gold controllers. Someone supposedly bought them all out before I made it there and both Brickseek and Fyndly were showing 6 in inventory until after the store opened this morning. Once it opened, that store was then showing zero controllers.
Sometimes it does actually update as soon as someone buys it (from buying things and checking the inventory the moment I leave the store).

But when an item is "lost" for a week and inventory isn't updated, than something is wrong. Target really needs a better system to handle their inventory (which shouldn't even be that hard to do).

Hell, the store I went to 2 days days still shows that there are 2 of an item when there aren't. They can't even find it.

Sometimes it does actually update as soon as someone buys it (from buying things and checking the inventory the moment I leave the store).

But when an item is "lost" for a week and inventory isn't updated, than something is wrong. Target really needs a better system to handle their inventory (which shouldn't even be that hard to do).

Hell, the store I went to 2 days days still shows that there are 2 of an item when there aren't. They can't even find it.
Everything should update in real time, period. No reason why it shouldn't be any other way unless they want to have inventory variances or people getting irritated because they don't have any of an item than the website says they should.

Brickseek claims to have real-time inventory monitoring, though it seems like it's only real-time for changes in Target's inventory.

Brickseek claims to have real-time inventory monitoring, though it seems like it's only real-time for changes in Target's inventory.
Which makes sense to do except Target messes up it's own inventory system and doesn't actually remove items every time something is purchased.

Also BrickSeek (and every other inventory checker) also updates when an item is searched in store (either by the MyDevices or scanners).

Not video game related but picked up a Bissell Deep Cleaning Rug Shampooer for $47.54, originally $189.99. DPCI 072-07-0423.

Picked up the 4TB Seagate today for $38.xx price must of updated after I left the store yesterday or this morning. Yesterday there was 2 of them and when I got there I could only find one. Now Brickseek is still showing 1 left in stock. Any chance it would of got moved out of the electronic department when they lowered the price? Might have to take another trip tomorrow if Brickseek doesn't update.
Do you have a DCPI for that?

Quick word about inventory, it is up-to-date. Every night a report called Autopulls is generated, and they pull that stock from the back to replenish the shelves overnight. The LRTs, or whatever the hell they're calling them these days, give real-time information on their current inventory. Sure things get stolen, misplaced, or destroyed, but the numbers the system pulls are usually exact. If a team member tells you different, they just don't give a shit. 

Quick word about inventory, it is up-to-date. Every night a report called Autopulls is generated, and they pull that stock from the back to replenish the shelves overnight. The LRTs, or whatever the hell they're calling them these days, give real-time information on their current inventory. Sure things get stolen, misplaced, or destroyed, but the numbers the system pulls are usually exact. If a team member tells you different, they just don't give a shit.
but all that information is dependent on people in the back putting in the right information. if they enter a wrong number when they put something in backstock or when they are pulling to the floor, it will be wrong and will probably never be updated correctly until it is researched.

Has it been mentioned that Freedom Wars Vita is $8.98?
Not sure if so, but saw a stack today.

Was previously $14.98 at that store.

$8.96 Freedom Wars Vita
$5.98 Lego Batman 2 Vita
$11.98 Tearaway Vita
$13.96 Lego Marvel Vita
~$12 Borderlands 2 Vita
$8.96 Tekken X SF Vita
$5.98 Super Monkey Ball Vita

but all that information is dependent on people in the back putting in the right information. if they enter a wrong number when they put something in backstock or when they are pulling to the floor, it will be wrong and will probably never be updated correctly until it is researched.
True, human error can cause problems, but that is still a pretty rare occurrence.

Heads up for anyone near the Southcoast of Massachusetts: The Target on Wareham send to be going through a remodel/restructure of departments and a bunch of games have been added to clearance at really good prices. Picked up Gardening Mama 2 and the limited edition of Project X Zone for $3.04 each. They had Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate for ~$5 and (can't remember exact price). They had a number of PS3, 360, Wii U, Vita, and 3DS games. I'm going to check the other Targets in my area to see what they have.

can someone remind me how to use the in store price checkers to look up dpci numbers again?   I tried to do it the other day, but I couldn't get either the checker with the numerical keyboard or the one without it to bring up the lookup screen.  thanks!

$8.96 Freedom Wars Vita
$5.98 Lego Batman 2 Vita
$11.98 Tearaway Vita
$13.96 Lego Marvel Vita
~$12 Borderlands 2 Vita
$8.96 SF vs Tekken Vita
$5.98 Super Monkey Ball Vita
Not sure why people keep butchering SF vs Tekken. Tekken vs SF is technically another game, that has yet to be released.

Another game that I can't find in my area.
I couldn't find Killzone: Mercenary for PS Vita and it was listed as a game they had in stock. Couldn't find a single Vita game in the store, guessing they might still be held in the back.

Found 2 360 camo controllers on an end cap, also the 3 gold PS3 controllers got moved to it and are still at the $26/27 dollar price range (scanned to verify the price hasn't changed yet in this store). Hoping the Hello Kitty dolls will keep them covered til another drop.

Not sure why people keep butchering SF vs Tekken. Tekken vs SF is technically another game, that has yet to be released.
Really? :lol: that's a terrible naming scheme, they woulda been better off calling it Tekken vs. SF 2013 and 2016

Anyway, got me copies of :vita: Angry Birds Star Wars and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz for $6 a pop. Nice to give the ol' Vita something new.

I'm guessing the Target near me was cleaning house because I found a copy of Archer Maclean's Mercury and Mercury Meltdown 2 pack for PSP for 2.98 today. Who knows how long that games been sitting in one of their locked cases.

Also found Sly 4 Vita for 6.xx, as is and one of the Xbox one controller play and charge bundles for 32.xx

Just realized I butchered the name in the process. Street Fighter x Tekken makes sense if you realize the game is made in the style of Street Fighter. Tekken x Street Fighter is supposed to be in the style of Tekken.

Just realized I butchered the name in the process. Street Fighter x Tekken makes sense if you realize the game is made in the style of Street Fighter. Tekken x Street Fighter is supposed to be in the style of Tekken.

If that's the case, it'd make more sense to call them something like "Street Fighter feat. Tekken" to emphasize that it's a Street Fighter-series game with Tekken guest stars, and vice versa. Just my thoughts!

Heads up for anyone near the Southcoast of Massachusetts: The Target on Wareham send to be going through a remodel/restructure of departments and a bunch of games have been added to clearance at really good prices. Picked up Gardening Mama 2 and the limited edition of Project X Zone for $3.04 each. They had levania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate for ~$5 and (can't remember exact price). They had a number of PS3, 360, Wii U, Vita, and 3DS games. I'm going to check the other Targets in my area sobering this ark.
I hate drunk arks!

Not sure if this can help anybody. I haven't seen it mentioned in the last few pages so maybe they are now scarce.

Couple weeks ago, I found a Jak and Daxter Vita at Target on clearance.

$5.98. 207-20-0158

bread's done
Back