Target Clearance Thread XXII

I've done this before at best buy as well. Pretty sure Walmart is same way. As long as it's a lower price in their system it adjusts it when picking up.
Best Buy maybe by not Walmart. If you do ship to store on a clearance item it will not adjust. If you do in-store pickup on an item that is already at the store and ready for pickup that day, it will adjust.

A store near me apparently has the xbox controller in stock, but I cannot add it to my cart as the button says in store only.  Bah.

Someone on this forum mentioned ordering the xbox one covert forces controller online for instore pickup and getting the price adjusted to the clearance price at pickup. Well I tried this... and it worked! Online the controller retails for $64.99. I ordered it for instore pickup and the price was adjusted to the instore clearance price automatically when I picked up the item! After red card and taxes, the total was $17.77! I wonder if this can be done with other clearance items? Hmm...

Anyways, I've been lucky to get the deals on Xbox One S, Forza Horizon 3, and an extra controller all from target for under $170!

Let's raise a glass to deals!
This is ymmv depending on the person at the register. I tried it with the controller and it wasn't adjusted.

The girl brought the controller out and looked at the price with one of those hand scanners they have. I thought I saw it for $30 on the scanner but then she said the pick up receipt would be emailed to me. She left the counter right away and I asked another girl about the receipt and she said they have no way of printing the receipt from their register. I checked my email and it was for the regular price. I will be returning this.

oh, btw, this is at the Colma store in the San Francisco, Bay Area.

This is ymmv depending on the person at the register. I tried it with the controller and it wasn't adjusted.

The girl brought the controller out and looked at the price with one of those hand scanners they have. I thought I saw it for $30 on the scanner but then she said the pick up receipt would be emailed to me. She left the counter right away and I asked another girl about the receipt and she said they have no way of printing the receipt from their register. I checked my email and it was for the regular price. I will be returning this.

oh, btw, this is at the Colma store in the San Francisco, Bay Area.
That might be because the clearance price dropped out of their system.

That might be because the clearance price dropped out of their system.
Went to pick mine up just now and was told that exactly. And I couldn't return it on the spot because it hadn't updated in their system as a sold/picked up item even though I received my pickup receipt email while I was standing there. Really not impressed by this situation. I realize it's not the employees fault it's the system.

How did you get an XB1 S for under $150?

Really bummed I missed out on the FH3 glitch.  Got my order in but it was cancelled.

Last edited by a moderator:
How long does it take for the brickseek price to be the actual price in the store? I went the other day and scanned the item and it was still ringing up full retail. I even had the associate scan it with his little portable device to get it to update.

My local target has an end cap full of games (XB1 and PS4) that were previously clearanced out at other targets but they all ring up 19.99 or higher. Examples are GoW4 PS4, Need for speed , terraria, Far Cry4, Toy Soldiers, Old Blood, RE4, and many more. They just keep adding games to the endcap but dont mark any down. WtH?

My local target has an end cap full of games (XB1 and PS4) that were previously clearanced out at other targets but they all ring up 19.99 or higher. Examples are GoW4 PS4, Need for speed , terraria, Far Cry4, Toy Soldiers, Old Blood, RE4, and many more. They just keep adding games to the endcap but dont mark any down. WtH?
The targets here are like that too, the endcaps are just a huge mess of random clearance stuff, full priced old stuff they don't have space for in the cases, and used junk.

Is there a price sticker over the original UPC code on the back of those games? I've seen them put stickers on games with new bar codes, mark the games back up to $19.99, and then call them value games. It's an old retail trick that stores often do before the holiday season starts to get grannies and soccer moms to think they're getting a bargain.

PS3 12Gig $59.98 at a handful of stores most likely come Monday's update.  207-23-1403.  There, now you know, and knowing is half the battle.  Unfortunately not available for store pickup as it ain't even showing up on Target's site or the app.

question, if they update the prices in the system on monday is it by the time they open the store or do they also have to scan it with their device sometime that day for it to reflect that price?

It was just released like 2 weeks ago. How was it marked on clearance?
i know targets computers hate anything but the regular edition. i think i bought a tiger woods collector's edition for 50% off a few years ago within a couple weeks of release. there were also cheap pvz garden warfare 2 deluxe editions out there as well. for some reason if there isnt a specific spot in the planogram for something at target, the system tries to push it out to clearance. i dont know if that is what happened here with a deluxe edition or not, but ive seen it quite a bit with all kinds of items.

PS3 12Gig $59.98 at a handful of stores most likely come Monday's update. 207-23-1403. There, now you know, and knowing is half the battle. Unfortunately not available for store pickup as it ain't even showing up on Target's site or the app.
Also check:

12GB PlayStation 3 Bundle with Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) (207-23-0031)

500GB BLACK PlayStation 3 Bundle with Destiny (207-23-1402)

4GB Xbox 360 Kinect Bundle with Forza Horizons, Kinect Sports and Kinect Adventures (207-21-1401)

...and other consoles, bundles or otherwise.

There was a clearance sticker on the case, it wasn't even behind the glass it was with the used games. It wouldn't scan but when they typed in the upc it came up as a ds game, tried to get them to honor it because of their mistake but they wouldn't .

There was a clearance sticker on the case, it wasn't even behind the glass it was with the used games. It wouldn't scan but when they typed in the upc it came up as a ds game, tried to get them to honor it because of their mistake but they wouldn't .
Did you try to purchase it right at Electronics or at the front with all the registers?

Whew, now I'm pretty happy with the Wii U clearance. I went to two Target stores a few week ago. Hid Hyrule Warriors at one and hid another Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Rodea, and Xenoblade 2 at the other. My new job's hell so I don't have nearly as much time for this now. Retrieved the Hyrule Warriors at the first a week or two after that. The problem was at the second store. I had two different hiding locations there. One was solid, the other should have been, but I hid them behind a special display unit which got removed only a few days after the 70% hit. I hid Hyrule and Xenoblade 2 there. Both disappeared. So I got one Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, and Rodea. Not bad, but I'm furious because the first Xenoblade is probably my favorite game ever and I want to get Xenoblade 2 sooner rather than later, despite not having a Wii U yet. Fast-forward to today. I go back to that store in this awful hurricane and see Xenoblade 2 on the clearance rack and nearly make a scene with how happy I am. I take it to the price scanner to see if it's in the system aaaaaaaaaaaand... it's not. fuck  The clearance tag is $30, the 50% price. I really didn't want to pay that, especially since it should have still been in the system at 70%. I take it to the cashier anyway and ask him immediately if he knows how to look up the last price for a clearance game, since the jarheads at my Targets don't really know how to do that, or even know that you can and are fine with charging me the tagged price. He said he doesn't, but knew what I was taking about and buzzed his manager to get me the last available price. $17.98, the 70% off price. Hells yesh! I didn't get any games to resell like I wanted, but I got everything I wanted to play.

TL;DR: I got a copy of each Wii U game I was really interested in! Hells yesh!

After they scan it.
I still don't believe this. Simply because during the clearance of rare games and LEGO sets, I've hid all of several items, as in I am 99% sure there was no copy left that I did not hide, and when I went back to get them, they were still there and reduced to the price I was after. So I don't believe they have to scan it at a particular store.

PS3 12Gig $59.98 at a handful of stores most likely come Monday's update. 207-23-1403. There, now you know, and knowing is half the battle. Unfortunately not available for store pickup as it ain't even showing up on Target's site or the app.
Bought one of those at 50% off. Also got something you didn't list: A recently made Xbox with Forza Horizon 2 for 30% off. If/when they drop to 70% off, I'll let you know how the return/rebuy goes.

FIFA 17 marked on clearance @ 6.06, fought for 30 mins. No luck.
Dude, context. And triple post FTFW!

Also check:

12GB PlayStation 3 Bundle with Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes (2.0 Edition) (207-23-0031)

500GB BLACK PlayStation 3 Bundle with Destiny (207-23-1402)

4GB Xbox 360 Kinect Bundle with Forza Horizons, Kinect Sports and Kinect Adventures (207-21-1401)

...and other consoles, bundles or otherwise.
hmm, 1 of the destiny bundle near me but still at $134, a ton of the 4gb xbox 360s at $75 but 15 miles away

HA wonder if Narukami lives near Garner. Brickseek said there was 1 copy each of Bayonetta 2 and Xenoblade forever. But whenever I would make a visit, I'd go give a quick check only to find there was never anything there. Brickseek has finally updated the quantity to 0 lol

I still don't believe this. Simply because during the clearance of rare games and LEGO sets, I've hid all of several items, as in I am 99% sure there was no copy left that I did not hide, and when I went back to get them, they were still there and reduced to the price I was after. So I don't believe they have to scan it at a particular store.
I think there's clearly some manual element involved. We know for sure that the team scanning it will trigger the price to update and we also know that the updated price shows in Brickseek before the team goes through and that prices don't automatically change on items that should have dropped. We also know they list saleable and on hand quantities which as far as I've been able to reckon is related to what gets scanned as actually being there. You're right though that prices do get updated when there's only one of something stashed somewhere and it definitely hasn't been scanned. So maybe there's another factor to the equation where a supervisor or manager is able to force an update through?

The ipod mydevice has a "price change" mode in the options menu at the top of the scan screen. Items slated for clearance will appear at the bottom in the order they're due. The price change team is supposed to find the items, scan them, and mark them with clearance stickers but they can also just accept the price change if they can't find any items at the time. Other than that, team members can also manually scan an item in price change mode to see if it's ready for a price drop. The my device must be linked to a printer to make a price drop final but any team member can technically do this.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I just picked up Sunset Overdrive Day 1 Edition for $8.98 at Target. With the $165 Xbox 1 S Halo Edition I got with the Target mistake it was a good pickup. They were in the regular place behind the plastic for all regular video games. Definitely wanted to play it but only for a cheap price. This is a nice deal and for Day 1 edition.

The ipod mydevice has a "price change" mode in the options menu at the top of the scan screen. Items slated for clearance will appear at the bottom in the order they're due. The price change team is supposed to find the items, scan them, and mark them with clearance stickers but they can also just accept the price change if they can't find any items at the time. Other than that, team members can also manually scan an item in price change mode to see if it's ready for a price drop. The my device must be linked to a printer to make a price drop final but any team member can technically do this.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
so do I go up to them and tell them to "activate price change mode" as I present them with a picture of the barcode on my phone?? lol

All the Disney infinity are gone at my local Target. Time to keep an eye on the local Goodwill. They get all the clearance stuff and sell them at half last clearance price. Open box too. Got madden 17 for $30 on Friday.

bread's done
Back