Target Clearance Thread XXII

I had the same thing happen a few years ago. I was trying to PM a game that was sold by Amazon. The price was a little more expensive than some third-party sellers, so those listings showed up first. The asshat who was (not) helping me said "these aren't sold by Amazon." I told him that I knew, but if he scrolled down a bit, there was some sold by Amazon. He flat-out refused to scroll down and just kept repeating that it wasn't sold by Amazon. The problem is, most of the Target employees in my area do not shop at Amazon. They told me themselves "we don't know how to use Amazon" when I was doing price matches. Probably because they're too poor from working at Target to be able to shop on Amazon and either buy $50 worth of items, pay for shipping, or buy Prime.

Can also verify that for my area as well. Target employees being asked to Amazon price match is about the same as asking a rock to do calculus. It just doesn't happen. I tried twice, two different stores.

I have never had a problem pricematching Amazon at Target. For me Target is the easiest store to PM at. The only thing is it takes a bit of time because they have to look it up on their iPad.

I have no problem price matching at Target with Amazon, Fry's Electronics on the hand is always a pain in the ass to price match with Amazon. They always insist that the stupid shipping fee has to apply to the price. :evil:

My Target won't let me price match GameStop. Amazon and BB are okay for them, but no go on Gamestop. Bestbuy always let me price match pretty much every major compeitors out there as long they have it in-stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had cool Best Buy employees even match oddball competitors that weren't in their now fairly expansive internal register list.  There is a field for "Other" I believe where they can manually enter a store name if it's not in the scrolling drop down list.  But on that list I am absolutely certain is Gamestop, as ThatOneGuyWho stated.

Forgot to mention in my last post, but last week the Amiibo Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer cards Series 1 went on clearance for $2.98 each.

Video game clearance is the same at my local store as it has been since Black Friday, so I picked up a few action figures. I haven't really been collecting much lately, but I pick up figures that I like if they're cheap.

Peanuts Target Exclusive POP 4-pack (Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Linus, Lucy) (204102405) - $4.98

Marvel Legends Shield Wielding Heroes (Vance Astro & Falcon as Captain America) (087064257) - $5.98

Then I found a few 6 inch Marvel Legends - Batroc, Hellcat, and Nuke - for $6.17 each under a basic DCPI (087062560) so I don't think you can check Brickseek for individual figures.

Same here. Just got back from 2 Target's and the videogame clearance is the same price as it was on BF. Everything is just left overs that no one wanted.

Same here. Just got back from 2 Target's and the videogame clearance is the same price as it was on BF. Everything is just left overs that no one wanted.
I did buy Monster Hunter 4 for 3DS (207021509) at $14.98 last night since some wise guy finally put a clearance tag on it and took it out of the shelf case. Had been hoping to see it drop by another 50% but I didn't want to take the chance!

they don't consider gamestop retail, they consider it a hobby shop......

which is also why dude prob ran into trouble at target.
I believe you are thinking of used games. That's the issue you run into honestly, a lot of Target/Best Buy employees think GameStop only sells used games so they may try to deny the match.

Best Buy's price match policy in particular is actually pretty lenient, as they leave room for basically any competitor within 30 miles and are able to just type in a store name if it isn't on their internal list (funny enough, in the past they've had to write in Kmart as apparently there are so few left that Best Buy stopped including it by default). Since there is a Microsoft Store near me, the Best Buy's near me will even match their prices. It's great, I tell them I just want to avoid going to the Mall of America and every employee I've ever asked has basically responded with, "That's smart!" and done the match.

Have they already clearanced out all of their Christmas decorations
To agree with thatoneguy, the store I was at yesterday had everything 90% off. Mostly candy and some wrapping paper left. I did pick up a Mench on a Bench though for 3 bucks. Which I thought was kinda cool.

Where are you guys finding th Final Fantasy XV Jones Soda? I looked at the grocery end caps and the electronics end caps and never found them. Brickseek said my store had 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Force Awakens Nerf Rifle $24.97 086-07-3657

Pretty nifty that the clip loads from the side, really does  make it look like an Imperial blaster.

Where are you guys finding th Final Fantasy XV Jones Soda? I looked at the grocery end caps and the electronics end caps and never found them. Brickseek said my store had 10.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some of my stores keep them at the Electronics counter, others have them locked in the display cabinets with consoles.

Really underwhelmed with the toy clearance at the store I stopped at tonight. Got some DC Superhero Girls walkie talkies for $6 but after looking at Amazon reviews I think they'll probably be going back.

Then again even post holiday clearance has been really sad at Target the last few months.

Really underwhelmed with the toy clearance at the store I stopped at tonight. Got some DC Superhero Girls walkie talkies for $6 but after looking at Amazon reviews I think they'll probably be going back.

Then again even post holiday clearance has been really sad at Target the last few months.
I saw those weird Captain America: Civil War walkie talkies that look like Captain America's and Iron Man's heads on the clearance shelf. You have to talk into the heroes' mouths to use them. I'm sure it looks like the user is making out with Cap or Tony Stark though if you hold the walkie too close. Bad design choice.

I was at Target last night and noticed they moved a lot of game titles to their usual clearance end cap. I scanned a couple of titles and they rang up as normal price, but they're mixed in with known clearance items. I didn't think to take a picture or make a list of everything I saw, but the couple I was hoping to pick up were The Order: 1886 and Assassin's Creed Chronicles, both for PS4.

I'm thinking they just moved them to the end cap in preparation of clearance prices going live at the start of the week. I'll be heading back to Target tomorrow to check to see if there is any change, but if anyone else has seen something similar let me know.

I have Targets like that nearby.  Huge clearance sections but only 1/4 of the games are on clearance.  Usually shovelware DS and Kinect games.

bread's done
Back