Target Clearance Thread XXII

Wow...went looking for PGA Tour for $11.98 and found it.

BUT then saw the Xbox One 1 TB with 3 games (gears, rare replay, blind forest) for $104.98.

Had to grab it! And it wasnt even listed in Brickseek.

inkcil said:

BUT then saw the Xbox One 1 TB with 3 games (gears, rare replay, blind forest) for $104.98.

Nice find on that console! I have that price at a few stores but zero stock.

DPCI --> 207-31-0006

ughh oos everywhere near me, only stores with this price are 25+ minutes away

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

ughh oos everywhere near me, only stores with this price are 25+ minutes away

25min lolol some of us drive 25mins 1 way to work or to go to the mall/civilized area of the county haha.

Local Target is 30mins away with 0 stock booooo. None of the stores that pop up as close on Brickseek have any in stock lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Both of the stores around me have the 1TB XBox One Gears bundle for $105 each according to Brickseek, but I barely play my XBox One as is... I feel more tempted by the cheapness.

25min lolol some of us drive 25mins 1 way to work or to go to the mall/civilized area of the county haha.

Local Target is 30mins away with 0 stock booooo. None of the stores that pop up as close on Brickseek have any in stock lol
After the bridge collapse some of my coworkers in Atlanta are having 2 hour commutes. Each way.

attachicon.gif
20170410_201519.jpg

Xbox One 500 GB Gears of War Ultimate $90
So...uh...TOTALLY unrelated to this, but what does "0 Saleable Qty" mean again? :)

Hmm a store near me claims to have 1 of those 90$ consoles on hand. I know where I'll be going first thing tomorrow
Call first. Don't waste your time if it's at all out of the way. Each of these 4-5 XB1 DPCIs shows one store with available quantity and yet each time they have none. I know because I keep checking brickseek and those quantities aren't going down, so no one is buying them.

A nice manager lady at one store said they can't fix the totals when something reaches a certain clearance phase. Don't know if that's true.

Call first. Don't waste your time if it's at all out of the way. Each of these 4-5 XB1 DPCIs shows one store with available quantity and yet each time they have none. I know because I keep checking brickseek and those quantities aren't going down, so no one is buying them.

A nice manager lady at one store said they can't fix the totals when something reaches a certain clearance phase. Don't know if that's true.
I don't think it's true because I went looking for the red x1 last Saturday and of course they didn't have it. The nice associate helped me look for it in the display cases and in the back, but nothing. He was able to update the count to zero with his hand scanner so no one would waste their time going up there again. Really cool and helpful guy.

Its not really out of my way, and I just prefer checking because its been ingrained into me as a CAG not to call.

I see 2 in stock at that price in Tennessee also. Not interested in driving an hour to be possibly disappointed but good find for those that do get one. edit - and poof they are gone. lol.
So your telling me it could be possibly true lol.

I don't think it's true because I went looking for the red x1 last Saturday and of course they didn't have it. The nice associate helped me look for it in the display cases and in the back, but nothing. He was able to update the count to zero with his hand scanner so no one would waste their time going up there again. Really cool and helpful guy.
Yeah, he said "let me update that count for you and the good of the world.... <exaggerated button presses, mouthed the sounds> BEEP bEEp beep. Goodbye".

As soon as you left, he brought it out from the back and bought it for himself and REALLY made the count go to 0. :)

Probably not, but I tend to think the worst of people, and it's a better story. :)

So I went on a trip today checking out 3 of the stores near me that said 1 gears xbox one s in stock. At each one, they gave the same story that since it's a clearance item, if it's not in the case, then they don't have it.  Maybe true, maybe not...

But all was not in vain.  I found Jupiter Ascending 3D bluray WITH lenticular slipcover for $14 as an "online item".  I had given up finding that for cheap after striking out on the walmart price mistake a while back.  That title just does not get a price drop anywhere.  Might be a one off but sometimes that means other stores will start seeing it as "online item".  

I also found a fitbit charge 2 as a "repackage" for 50% off.  Sticker looks slightly picked in one corner, but actually doesn't seem that it was ever unsealed completely.

I also happened to stroll by in one of the stores and noticed 3 switch in stock, and this was about 1 hour before closing in a populated relatively wealthy area:

[attachment=26272:IMG_7061.JPG]

[attachment=26273:IMG_7062.JPG]

Unless they just happened to put them in the case, I am thinking it is more likely we might see a bundle (maybe not official, but by store) by the end of the year at some point.  I will still hold off.

In another store, I overheard a mom asking for a switch and the sales lady said they were out but had a bunch yesterday.

They have an xbox one s 2tb gears of war for 134. There is only one left tho and its an hour drive. Still haven't herd anyone have luck on it tho...

So I went on a trip today checking out 3 of the stores near me that said 1 gears xbox one s in stock. At each one, they gave the same story that since it's a clearance item, if it's not in the case, then they don't have it. Maybe true, maybe not...

But all was not in vain. I found Jupiter Ascending 3D bluray WITH lenticular slipcover for $14 as an "online item". I had given up finding that for cheap after striking out on the walmart price mistake a while back. That title just does not get a price drop anywhere. Might be a one off but sometimes that means other stores will start seeing it as "online item".

I also found a fitbit charge 2 as a "repackage" for 50% off. Sticker looks slightly picked in one corner, but actually doesn't seem that it was ever unsealed completely.

I also happened to stroll by in one of the stores and noticed 3 switch in stock, and this was about 1 hour before closing in a populated relatively wealthy area:

IMG_7061.JPG
IMG_7062.JPG

Unless they just happened to put them in the case, I am thinking it is more likely we might see a bundle (maybe not official, but by store) by the end of the year at some point. I will still hold off.

In another store, I overheard a mom asking for a switch and the sales lady said they were out but had a bunch yesterday.
"Online items" are often items that people bought on the Target website and returned in store. You got lucky on that Jupiter: Ascending if it was something you had been looking for. I've found lots of one-off items that were labelled as "online item" over the years.

Now the clearance price for the gears bundle is updated in store, but of course no one can find it. Brickseek and Target just dont mesh for me

Now the clearance price for the gears bundle is updated in store, but of course no one can find it. Brickseek and Target just dont mesh for me
at these prices, it's almost guaranteed that the first employee who saw the price drop went and snagged it

at these prices, it's almost guaranteed that the first employee who saw the price drop went and snagged it
True, but the status 1 on hand 1 saleable is the same now from when it was Friday while it was 250. The tag is there on the shelf and everything. I bet someone is hiding it. The employee there mature asian lady named ms. Jo was adamant that no clearance was in the backroom

[attachment=26274:20170411_101845-3.jpg]

I was able to grab a 500GB Xbox One from the local Target. Thank you for the heads up!!

If a store has one of those Gears consoles listed as 1 On Hand, 1 Saleable...how likely is it that it's actually there?
I would say that it's very likely that it's in stock. I checked Brickseek before heading out and it showed "On Hand Qty: 1, Saleable Qty: 0." I just checked Brickseek after purchasing it and now it shows "On hand Qty: 0, Saleable Qty: 0." Give it a shot.

I wish they kept that Gears console on their website with that $104 price tag, only place that has it near me is Walmart

Had to go to Target to get some Easter stuff. They had 2 NES classics so I picked one up.

The clearance games were all trash though. None of the good prices that I've seen posted here.

From my experience, Brickseek is really YMMV.

I have been to many targets current and in the past and more often than not brickseek's stock is wrong, or the have misplaced things and dont know where they are. Theres like 6 or so Targets in my area showing XBO consoles of all varietys in stock, and none of them can actually be found. So I would be very careful driving far distances if it shows On hand Qty: 1/2, Saleable Qty: 0/1. 

I hate how Target employees refuse to look for things in the back if their PDA shows theres none in the back. The one time I got an employee to check the back, he managed to find exactly what I was looking for despite the PDA saying its not back there. They trust their system like its a calculator or something; what it says is 100% true, no arguments, despite more often than not that not being the case.

I think Brickseek is YMMV.

I have been to many targets current and in the past and more often than not brickseek's stock is wrong, or the have misplaced things and dont know where they are. Theres like 6 or so Targets in my area showing XBO consoles of all varietys in stock, and none of them can actually be found. So I would be very careful driving far distances if it shows On hand Qty: 1/2, Saleable Qty: 0/1.

I hate how Target employees refuse to look for things in the back if their PDA shows theres none in the back. The one time I got an employee to check the back, he managed to find exactly what I was looking for despite the PDA saying its not back there. They trust their system like its a calculator or something; what it says is 100% true, no arguments, despite more often than not that not being the case.
I'd say their process of scanning items in and out of the warehouse is pretty good and only fallible when humans screw it up. I don't blame them for not looking for human errors if the item was scanned out to the sales floor. Imagine the time they would spend looking for items in the back when the item couldn't be found on the floor.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Never call. It's like asking the associate to buy it right out from under you.
Whatever. Always call, unless you were going there anyways. If they have the item they will hold it for you until you drive over. If the employees in electronics want to buy a clearance item, they'll will. You're not being sneaky.

If it's not just sitting in the display cabinet or on the clearance endcap, you have to ask them to find it when you get there anyways. If it is in those places, they've seen it long before you called.

The paranoia around here is unreal. "The employeez take all teh good dealz for themselfs!" :roll: If that's what they're doing, you were never getting it in the first place.

Whatever. Always call, unless you were going there anyways. If they have the item they will hold it for you until you drive over. If the employees in electronics want to buy a clearance item, they'll will. You're not being sneaky.

If it's not just sitting in the display cabinet or on the clearance endcap, you have to ask them to find it when you get there anyways. If it is in those places, they've seen it long before you called.

The paranoia around here is unreal. "The employeez take all teh good dealz for themselfs!" :roll: If that's what they're doing, you were never getting it in the first place.
It happens. Don't think that employees don't buy cheap stuff at Target because they do. I remember buying a 500 gb 360 there a few years ago when they clearanced those out. After I alerted the cashier, she set aside two for herself.

Guess you live in Canada.

It happens. Don't think that employees don't buy cheap stuff at Target because they do. I remember buying a 500 gb 360 there a few years ago when they clearanced those out. After I alerted the cashier, she set aside two for herself.
Of course it happens. But 90%+ of these brickseek clearance XB1s aren't actually there. Daytime people usually aren't going to lie to you if you know how to ask for things.

Guess you live in Canada.
Any good recent JRPGs or upcoming ones?
Post of the Week right here.

Of course it happens. But 90%+ of these brickseek clearance XB1s aren't actually there. Daytime people usually aren't going to lie to you if you know how to ask for things.

Post of the Week right here.
Apparently your sarcasm detector was broken. Now go back to your Canadian basement.

Edit: lmao just saw the "if u know how to ask for things". Classic

My target by work had PvZ 2 at 20 still and a telltale Bateman at ten. No drops to 9/6 like others had reported. Oh well we will wait n see if they drop. They did have 3ds though but obviously full price. Lots of switch accessories too.

From my experience, Brickseek is really YMMV.

I have been to many targets current and in the past and more often than not brickseek's stock is wrong, or the have misplaced things and dont know where they are. Theres like 6 or so Targets in my area showing XBO consoles of all varietys in stock, and none of them can actually be found. So I would be very careful driving far distances if it shows On hand Qty: 1/2, Saleable Qty: 0/1.

I went to a store this morning that shows 1 on hand, 1 saleable for the Gears 1TB bundle.

Guy looked in the back, nothing, looked it up on the iPod and it shows 1 on hand, but not on the floor and not in the back. Last time they sold one showed as 11/5/16.

Either it's misplaced in the back, or inventory is wrong. In my experience it could be either. I went looking for a clearance FF XIII steelbook a few years ago at a store and it wasn't on the floor, electronics swore up and down it wasn't in the back. I was standing up front talking to a manager who was trying to say the same thing when a random employee walked past and overheard and mentioned that he had seen a box of games in the back. He went in back and found it right away.

I've only ever been back in the Target stock room once, but I could see how people can mess up putting things back there and effectively lose them.

I went to a store this morning that shows 1 on hand, 1 saleable for the Gears 1TB bundle.

Guy looked in the back, nothing, looked it up on the iPod and it shows 1 on hand, but not on the floor and not in the back. Last time they sold one showed as 11/5/16.

Either it's misplaced in the back, or inventory is wrong. In my experience it could be either. I went looking for a clearance FF XIII steelbook a few years ago at a store and it wasn't on the floor, electronics swore up and down it wasn't in the back. I was standing up front talking to a manager who was trying to say the same thing when a random employee walked past and overheard and mentioned that he had seen a box of games in the back. He went in back and found it right away.

I've only ever been back in the Target stock room once, but I could see how people can mess up putting things back there and effectively lose them.
Ms. Jo said the exact same thing to me. Theres no clearance in the back. Just check please you may find something

Struck out on the only Target in town that listed the GOW4 2TB console as in stock.  The electronics employee didn't even blink before he said we don't have the GOW4 console, didn't check the DPCI, or ask in the back.  I had to speak to the manager about this employees attitude towards customers who needed help.  Manager confirmed the item was in the system and no one could find it in the back and there was nothing he could do about the inventory being wrong, "it's just the way it is for some reason"

At least I got  :xb1:  Batman TT

Struck out on the only Target in town that listed the GOW4 2TB console as in stock. The electronics employee didn't even blink before he said we don't have the GOW4 console, didn't check the DPCI, or ask in the back. I had to speak to the manager about this employees attitude towards customers who needed help. Manager confirmed the item was in the system and no one could find it in the back and there was nothing he could do about the inventory being wrong, "it's just the way it is for some reason"

At least I got :xb1: Batman TT
The employee has probably been asked by multiple CAGs already or knows his console stock well, which was proven by the manager. I wouldn't have complained to the manager about him. Now you possibly got him in trouble just because of a brickseek goose chase. Good for you.

The employee has probably been asked by multiple CAGs already or knows his console stock well, which was proven by the manager. I wouldn't have complained to the manager about him. Now you possibly got him in trouble just because of a brickseek goose chase. Good for you.
It was the employee's attitude, he didn't bother to lift a single finger and had a very "why are you asking me to do work" tone of voice. I told the manager, the guy wouldn't even take out the DCPI checker thingamajig and humor me with checking the stock. I believe you are right, he probably checked that DCPI earlier in the day already; tell me that not answer "no, we dont have it" to every single question I ask.

Saw Far Cry 4 Complete for PS4 (DPCI 207-34-9636) for $11.98. Not a bad deal as it includes all the DLC and still retails at Amazon for $30.

working at target i can confirm that brickseek isn't 100%.   and human error is the main reason why.  give you an example of what happened last week at our store.

ex. we received 2 switches off the truck.   by 8:05 am they were sold out.   only problem was someone did not acknowledge the truck in the morning. so around 11 am when it was finally acknowledged,   i start getting calls about switches and how online it shows we have them.  lo and behold it shows we have 2 in stock.   and that we received them today.   the 2 were sold before the truck updated our systems with the trucks inventory so now its showing 2.  2 that are no longer there.  

Games at Target near me finally dropped to 70% off. Picking up Batman Telltale.

Is Mirrors Edge Catalyst worth $6? Do I have to play the previous ME first?

Anytime we (CAGs) are going to Target to check on a Brickseek item, we need to dress in a red shirt and khakis. Just walk straight in the back and check for the item.

team_members.jpg

I struck out as well, I had a store that was showing 2 Xbox Ones and I got there and they only had the minecraft and battlefield, checked the price scanner and it said aisle f14, and went back and looked and nothing again lol. Brickseek is rarely correct when it comes to systems in my experiences, games maybe about 50/50.

One of the Targets close to me that NEVER has video game clearance items had a bunch actually on clearance. This store used to have a whole endcap FULL of games but they would NEVER clearance out anything. So maybe they had a change in management? Some of the stickers showed the previous prices still.

Snagged just a couple games, backlog is too massive to justify some other stuff I wanted. Grabbed Tales from the Borderlands & Megaman Legacy.

Target in Eagle, ID still has:

Divinity Original Sin XB1 207-32-9034
Metal Gear Solid V XB1 (not sure of DPCI, but they had 10+ copies still left)
Megaman Legacy Collection XB1 207-32-0734
Tales from the Borderlands XB1 207-32-3079
Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved XB1 207-32-1632

and a ton of PS4 games, etc etc.

bread's done
Back