Target Clearance Thread XXII

Today while picking up the Stranger Things first season blu ray CE (which is pretty nice as the box is a VCR tape) found a Lexar Professional class 10 64gb SD card for $12.28 originally $40. DPCI# 056-12-0420

the specific items were ps4 controller cases. thought they would be a good xmas gift for my son who does not use the controllers daily. so they are in the electronic area. the return by date on the receipt is 30 days just didn't notice it. I pay attention when buying games, didn't realize I needed to pay attention when I buy other stuff. They were purchased on the red card so you think I get an extra 30 days? worth a shot. opinions?
I've been able to return 30 days past the printed date on the receipt when I pay with Red Card on games before in the past, last time I did it was back in March or so. Idk about now. They just scan the receipt w/out looking at dates, its all just what the system accepts as a valid receipt...

There's a retailmenot cashback promo for $2 on $30+ online purchases btw for Target, similar to Best Buy's $5 off $30 online purchase of Weekly Ad items, except Target doesn't require ad only items lol

I guess having items shipped to store to be picked up no longer changes to the in-store clearance price anymore right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone on another forum stated Puyo Puyo Tetris was on clearance at Target for 8.99. They didnt say if it was for PS4 or Switch, or both. I'm assuming PS4 since hardly any Target carries it now, but all of them near me carry the Switch version. Anyone able to verify which version it is? If it's Switch, I'll definitely grab a copy. I dont own a Switch yet, but will soon.

Only the PS4 Puyo has been on clearance at Target.  I haven't seen anybody report the Switch version on clearance, or any Switch game for that matter.

Someone on another forum stated Puyo Puyo Tetris was on clearance at Target for 8.99. They didnt say if it was for PS4 or Switch, or both. I'm assuming PS4 since hardly any Target carries it now, but all of them near me carry the Switch version. Anyone able to verify which version it is? If it's Switch, I'll definitely grab a copy. I dont own a Switch yet, but will soon.
It's the PS4 version. I can't find a single copy of the ps4 version at my Target, but there are plenty of Switch copies

It's the PS4 version. I can't find a single copy of the ps4 version at my Target, but there are plenty of Switch copies
Figured as much. I got the game for Switch last week but haven't opened it yet. It was on sale last week for 29, which looks like is a good price for the physical version that includes the keychains. Kinda sucks for PS4 owners that the game isn't being stocked anymore given that they dont have the option of digital.

Good luck for that.

94% positive feedback is a big red flag (can be worse as you can't change positive feedback once it's posted) and the guy is in Los Angeles area, another big red flag of import fake Chinese knockoff.

Personally, I never buy memory card or stick from unknown people and stores (including 3rd party at Amazon), as I'm very familiar with those fake cards and stick sold in HK and China. Usually it's for taking and storing pictures, you will regret if you lose some important ones.

Good luck for that.

94% positive feedback is a big red flag (can be worse as you can't change positive feedback once it's posted) and the guy is in Los Angeles area, another big red flag of import fake Chinese knockoff.

Personally, I never buy memory card or stick from unknown people and stores (including 3rd party at Amazon), as I'm very familiar with those fake cards and stick sold in HK and China. Usually it's for taking and storing pictures, you will regret if you lose some important ones.
Totally get that. Notwithstanding that, for $24, I was willing to take a chance for additional switch memory.

I randomly stumbled upon 2 copies of Puyo for PS4 on clearance even though Brickseek showed it being out of stock at that Target and all nearby stores. It may be worth checking out the Targets that Brickseek says they’re sold out at.

Figured as much. I got the game for Switch last week but haven't opened it yet. It was on sale last week for 29, which looks like is a good price for the physical version that includes the keychains. Kinda sucks for PS4 owners that the game isn't being stocked anymore given that they dont have the option of digital.
Pretty sweet deal for a Switch copy. Yeah, I agree. I wish I could have snagged a ps4 copy at that price before they were all picked up.

All the stacks of 70% ps4/xbox games at my store are nowhere to be seen.  Hope everyone got what they wanted.  But I suspect we may see them resurface near black friday.

Found a Wired Xbox One/Windows Star Wars Rogue One Controller for $20.26 last night.  207-00-9314.  

Needed an extra controller and somehow I've amassed a small collection of random Rogue One collectibles, soooo....

I found two copies of PS4 Puyo Puyo buried in my local Target's general clearance near electronics. Brickseek showed out of stock.  Both still had the ~$20 sticker on them but they rang up at the lower price.

Hmm... I think when games or other things get to the clearance 70% off, they stay at the clearance section for one week and then one employee sends them to the back if no one buys them. The other employee who doesn't know much will take them back out and put them somewhere else as some have found them in a different area. Other than that, they are sent to Goodwill or somewhere else as many copies of Syberia 3 and NBA 2K17 at 70% after a week, were nowhere to be found. Always check item prices as sometimes the sticker price is not always correct. 

I guess having items shipped to store to be picked up no longer changes to the in-store clearance price anymore right?
Yep, same with the Walmart "changing store pickup location was resulting in the lower clearance price at another store carrying over" glitch, sadly. Back to the old return/rebuy (or cancel online order/store pickup and try to rebuy) method.

Yep, same with the Walmart "changing store pickup location was resulting in the lower clearance price at another store carrying over" glitch, sadly. Back to the old return/rebuy (or cancel online order/store pickup and try to rebuy) method.
Are you saying they don't auto adjust to store price on "pickup today" items anymore, or is it some other glitch at Walmart?

Hmm... I think when games or other things get to the clearance 70% off, they stay at the clearance section for one week and then one employee sends them to the back if no one buys them. The other employee who doesn't know much will take them back out and put them somewhere else as some have found them in a different area. Other than that, they are sent to Goodwill or somewhere else as many copies of Syberia 3 and NBA 2K17 at 70% after a week, were nowhere to be found. Always check item prices as sometimes the sticker price is not always correct.
Wait, did I miss 2K17 going on clearance? It's still showing as $30 for the PS4/XB1 and $40 for the PS3.

Not sure if it was already mentioned but saw some Walking Dead Telltale game on clearance for ~$7.50 yesterday. Sorry, didn't make note of the DCPI but it was new since the last time I had checked there earlier this week.

Picked these up today at my local target.

Syberia 3 7.54

7 Days to Die 7.54$[attachment=28407:75C223B8-5615-4408-B0A5-D3851CFD85D9.jpeg]

Picked these up today at my local target.

Syberia 3 7.54

7 Days to Die 7.54$
attachicon.gif
75C223B8-5615-4408-B0A5-D3851CFD85D9.jpeg
Wow, you actually got below the 70% off on Syberia 3! Its rare to see anything drop below 70% off clearance at Target nowadays.

Are you saying they don't auto adjust to store price on "pickup today" items anymore, or is it some other glitch at Walmart?
A different "glitch"...for a while through the Walmart app, you could find the stores with the lowest clearance prices (I'm talking in other states 2000+ miles away), then change the store to your nearest store, and it would propagate/carry over the lowest price to your store. Then clear out the local store's inventory of that item at the much, much, muuuuuuuuuuuuch lower clearance price (90% off or more).

Mine had $2.68 clearance videogame Funko Pop characters. There were 3 or 4 different ones I think. I know I saw an Assassin's Creed one, and I grabbed a Lara Croft.

Nothing game related at all this week, but did anyone else's Target switch to yellow clearance stickers instead of orange?

Good luck for that.

Almost as important, you never know what malicious shit people might be putting on strange third party knock off storage devices and what it might do to your device/information.

I got Yooka-Laylee for $19.98 on PS4 because I have a Red Card, but it was marked as $20.98. It's actually pretty fun. It looks amazing in 4K with my PS4 Pro, and the patch that they released a few months ago fixed a lot of the issues that reviewers originally had with the game. I think it's a great deal for $20, if you were hesitant to get it when it was $40.

Just found it for $3.04 at my Target. It went well with my $59.98 coffee table marked down from $199.99
Had my eye on a couple bar height chairs that I've been waiting forever to drop to $30 from $100 but Target refuses to discount them at all. IDK why they're being so selective on what gets clearance priced when they're trying to rebrand. : \

I got Yooka-Laylee for $19.98 on PS4 because I have a Red Card, but it was marked as $20.98. It's actually pretty fun. It looks amazing in 4K with my PS4 Pro, and the patch that they released a few months ago fixed a lot of the issues that reviewers originally had with the game. I think it's a great deal for $20, if you were hesitant to get it when it was $40.
I'm hopeful I can snag a copy at $14.98, since I missed out when Best Buy had it for $15.99 with GCU and Amazon had it around the same price as well a while back.

Curious other people's experience with this.  Routinely my Target will have items scan at one price on their app, then ring up at a different price and then they will refuse to match that app price.  Having this issue with their Roku's right now, I got the Premier + at Walmart for $50 and figured I'd just return it if it dropped lower at Target but it's still $62 there and no longer rings up on the app at all.  But the Premier rings up for $35 on the app yet is still 50-ish something in the store so that's the only price they'll give.

Curious other people's experience with this. Routinely my Target will have items scan at one price on their app, then ring up at a different price and then they will refuse to match that app price. Having this issue with their Roku's right now, I got the Premier + at Walmart for $50 and figured I'd just return it if it dropped lower at Target but it's still $62 there and no longer rings up on the app at all. But the Premier rings up for $35 on the app yet is still 50-ish something in the store so that's the only price they'll give.
Basically the new price is already in the system ready to be marked down, general consensus for electronics is early next week (Monday/Tuesday), assuming the pricing team doing their jobs.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Why in the world didn't you wait for 50% or 70% off? I hid two copies to ensure that when they drop to 70%, at least one will be mine. Yooka-Laylee seems like a great game, but I don't see the point in buying it for so much when it's moments from being much cheaper.

Why in the world didn't you wait for 50% or 70% off? I hid two copies to ensure that when they drop to 70%, at least one will be mine. Yooka-Laylee seems like a great game, but I don't see the point in buying it for so much when it's moments from being much cheaper.
It's got its moment but it's also really rough and irritating even after the big patches. It's worth it at the right price but I couldn't get more than a few hours in before being over it when I got it for cheap a few months back.

What is the general time frame between drops? Clearance around me has been pretty bad lately and Yooka-Laylee has been stuck at $20.98 and locked away. I've scanned the back with the app and they still show the ticketed price. They've been this price for a few weeks now.

Nothing on clearance as far as actual video games but I did see AC window unit for 70% off. Might be good for those who game w/ PCs and need to keep the room cool.

085 16 0277

Was $220

Now $66

What is the general time frame between drops? Clearance around me has been pretty bad lately and Yooka-Laylee has been stuck at $20.98 and locked away. I've scanned the back with the app and they still show the ticketed price. They've been this price for a few weeks now.
It's completely random. And there's no guarantee it will go to 70% off, either. Just check every week on Mon/Tues.

It was 50% off. Target originally sold the game for $40. Also, it was the last copy. I didn't have the option of ignoring it and coming back. Any time that I have done that, it gets bought by somebody else.

bread's done
Back