Target Clearance Thread XXII

That sucks. It's still cheaper than what it is now.
My bad I meant for FF XII Zodiac, 100% sure the DCPI are the same for both. I'm not sure about FF 15 though.

If you can get the steelbook DCPI# it would help also, I was trying to track one down. How much is it going at for your store?

Last edited by a moderator:
My bad I meant for FF XII Zodiac, 100% sure the DCPI are the same for both. I'm not sure about FF 15 though.

If you can get the steelbook DCPI# it would help also, I was trying to track one down. How much is it going at for your store?
No, it's my fault. I meant FF XII, not FF15.

Where are people finding the 3ds clearance games in store? I found the ps4 and Xbox one games but hey usually keep the 3ds games in that locked case and I didn’t see any elsewhere even though they showed in stock. There was also no one working in electronics so that didn’t help.

i checked brickseek for some of these games. Per that site, most of them were in stock or "limited supply" in my area. Just went there and the only clearance games I saw were Mario Tennis on Wii U ($35) and some motocross game. :( 

I asked the Electronics guy where I could find Kirby/Donkey Kong yesterday when the app showed they were in stock. He had to go into the backroom to fish them out.

FYI: Target on Coleman in San Jose, CA has those two 3DS games ringing up on the app as $9.94/$9.98. I had to price match it to the app last night since they were ringing up in store for $19.99. Didn't check the other reported games on clearance. Sorry!

Where are people finding the 3ds clearance games in store? I found the ps4 and Xbox one games but hey usually keep the 3ds games in that locked case and I didn’t see any elsewhere even though they showed in stock. There was also no one working in electronics so that didn’t help.

i checked brickseek for some of these games. Per that site, most of them were in stock or "limited supply" in my area. Just went there and the only clearance games I saw were Mario Tennis on Wii U ($35) and some motocross game. :(
there's always a possibility of miscount, theft, etc. prepare to expect the unexpected if you don't find what your looking for via brickseek

X1

Resident Evil: Revelations - $9.98 

Mega Man Collection 2 - $9.98

NHL 17 - $9.98

PS4

Bulletstorm - $9.98

Redout - $19.98

Wii U

Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash - $24.98

Quick question on this. I have been striking out on these prices for several weeks, nothing is ever at the prices listed here or on brickseek at the actual stores. Some of you mentioned getting them to price match the app, does it ring up at a lower clearance price in the app when scanned rather than the higher price in store?

Quick question on this. I have been striking out on these prices for several weeks, nothing is ever at the prices listed here or on brickseek at the actual stores. Some of you mentioned getting them to price match the app, does it ring up at a lower clearance price in the app when scanned rather than the higher price in store?
I'm pretty sure that they mean whatever price that the game is on the online Target store. It seems like most Target's will only price match that now.

What you want to do is scan the barcode with the target app while in that store. If it says the lower price versus what the price scanner shows, it means the person just has not come around with the scanner that updates the price for the store. The app shows what the price should be. I have had it happen before.

Wii U - Mario Tennis $24.98

PS4 - Redout $19.98

PS4 - Bulletstorm $9.98

PS4 - MXGP 3 $19.98

PS4 - Outlast Trinity $19.98

PS4 - FF Zodiac Age $24.98

PS4 - NHL 17 $14.98

PS4 - Star Trek Bridge Crew $24.98

PS4 - SW Battlefront Ultimate Edition $19.98

PS4 - MegaMan Legacy Collection 2 $9.98

PS3 - Lego Avengers $9.98

X1 - NHL 17 $14.98

X1 - Madden 17 $14.98

360 - Minecraft Story Mode $9.98

360 - Destiny The Taken King $19.98

Animal Crossing Amiibos have dropped to $2.68 each. My store had tons of them. They also had that Animal Crossing board game game for Wii U, it was $11.64 I believe.

Saw a couple Nintendo published games on clearance:

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (WiiU) - $9.98

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS) - $20.98

Also saw several of the previously mentioned titles (Stardew Valley, Outlast Trinity, etc).

Only thing I picked up though was Yooka-Laylee (XB1) for $8.98.

Ocarina of Time 3DS - 9.94

Bought that, last copy of Yakuza Kiwami for $14.98

A store I went to had FFXII in stock (not limited) but still rang up at full price, plus they were nowhere to be found. I'll be watching this one.
Anybody got DCPIs for these?

Not entirely true. I pay with a credit card and go in and state that I need to change payment method and never have any issues.
It is true. They are suppose to put products back on the floor before you can buy it again, but that doesn't happen b/c of situations like what you described. But policy is to put it back on the sales floor.

Anybody got DCPIs for these?
Nintendo Selects: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Nintendo Wii U - $19.99 => $9.98

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-30-0105

New Super Mario Bros. 2 Nintendo 3DS - $29.99 => $20.98

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-02-1401

Yooka-Laylee Xbox One - $29.99 => $9.98

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-1645

Nintendo Selects: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D Nintendo 3DS - $19.99 => $9.98

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-02-0315

Yakuza Kiwami PlayStation 4 - $29.99 => $14.98

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-34-0214

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age PlayStation 4 Limited Steel Book Edition - $59.99 => $24.98
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-34-0096

It is true. They are suppose to put products back on the floor before you can buy it again, but that doesn't happen b/c of situations like what you described. But policy is to put it back on the sales floor.
What's the reasoning behind that? What does it matter if the price will be the same regardless of who buys it?

So I'm assuming the best method with these drops is to buy now, return later if the prices drop?
Most stores will take the return and won't let you re-buy. It has to go back on the floor first so ymmv if they allow it.
Instead of a return/rebuy, do a price adjustment at Customer Service.

And FYI to everyone, it's DPCI and not DCPI. It is short for DePartment - Class - Item.

Instead of a return/rebuy, do a price adjustment at Customer Service.

And FYI to everyone, it's DPCI and not DCPI. It is short for DePartment - Class - Item.
Is that more likely to work or ymmv? Never thought of doing that. And I'm assuming you have the entire return period to do it?

Is that more likely to work or ymmv? Never thought of doing that. And I'm assuming you have the entire return period to do it?
In the one time I tried it, it worked flawlessly. :)

But I did forget to mention one thing. The window to do a price adjustment is usually much more narrow than a return (typically two weeks) so you'll need to stay on top of it.

I think it's a return it becomes an inventory issue and the system needs an overnight to update its numbers but a price adjustment is refunding part of the monies paid.

I've done both and if I return it I have to wait until the next day to purchase it again but they've always done a price adjustment on the spot. They've even done a price adjustment without my bringing the item in.

I've never tried asking them to put it on a different card method.

:ps4:

God of War III 207-34-0038 $19.99 -> $9.98

Micro Machines World Series 207-34-1656 $29.99 -> $14.98

:3ds:

Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins 207-02-7006 $19.99->$13.98

Hmm, different payment method might be the best choice then if the adjustment window is really that short. I wasn't aware of that issue with a return/rebuy so that's good to know.

For once my Targets actually have most of these clearance games.  Too bad there wasn't much I needed time around.  I just picked up Megaman.   Yakuza Kiwami and FF 12 are great deals though, same with those Wii U and 3DS Nintendo Selects if you are missing any of them.  It was odd to see a stacks of Ocarina of Time for $9.98. 

Good luck on finding a steelbook for FF12. The regular edition shares the same DPCI at Target. All the ones in my area are the regular edition. I still picked up a copy on Monday.
EDIT: A local Target of mine had like 30+ Switches for sale on Monday. A whole endcap's worth. They must have gotten them in post-BF.

Returning a kiwami steelbook to target. I ended up with 2 - 1 from target & 1 from amazon. Amazon was a better deal for me. Whoever finds this Target copy gets lucky.

Actually found a FF12 steelbook. Almost no stores around me have any of the 3ds clearance sadly but most of the rest mentioned here were pretty well stocked.

What you want to do is scan the barcode with the target app while in that store. If it says the lower price versus what the price scanner shows, it means the person just has not come around with the scanner that updates the price for the store. The app shows what the price should be. I have had it happen before.
This was not correct and less you were talking about the app price being less than the stores regular price, the app doesn't pull up clearance prices

I'm pretty sure that they mean whatever price that the game is on the online Target store. It seems like most Target's will only price match that now.
This is correct, thanks!

If anyone is looking for something, either from Target or TRU, I can check my area and maybe we can trade or something.

FYI - Keep in mind package and shipping costs. I also live in the Bay Area and the closest TRU is 20 miles away so think about the cost of gas. It may not be worth it in the end but I'm throwing it out there if you want something. Posting this in the TRU thread also.

This was not correct and less you were talking about the app price being less than the stores regular price, the app doesn't pull up clearance prices

This is correct, thanks!
Lol no, the app scanner is location based. I know because I routinely go to 2 different targets, sometimes 3.

The scanner pulls up the clearance price at that particular location, and there are many times I pull up the online price too just to show the associate that the online price is different than both the price the item is at the register and the price the app is scanning it at.

I have to do that because the Targets in my area straight up refuse to price match their own online store, but they will price match the app (ymmv) since it just means the clearance rep or whatever hasn't updated the price yet.

Recent examples: Razer RBG mousepad, BotW Switch Game Protector Case, Switch Chat Headset, JoyCon gels protectors.

All were scanning on register at 50% clearance, mobile website showed full MSRP (or close to it, still higher than store price), and app scanner showed 75% clearance price.

They first said they don't match Target.com, but then I showed the discrepancy between MSRP Target.com and the Target app scanner. They honored the app scanner.

Lol no, the app scanner is location based. I know because I routinely go to 2 different targets, sometimes 3.
The scanner pulls up the clearance price at that particular location, and there are many times I pull up the online price too just to show the associate that the online price is different than both the price the item is at the register and the price the app is scanning it at.

I have to do that because the Targets in my area straight up refuse to price match their own online store, but they will price match the app (ymmv) since it just means the clearance rep or whatever hasn't updated the price yet.
This is correct. I do this all the time for the stores that are slower with scanning their clearance.

My Target is COMPLETELY wiped out from BF weekend, it's crazy.  There's tons of XBox 1X's though, maybe they'll hit clearance after the holidays and I can afford one haha.  Was there yesterday and still tons of game spots were empty, the console spots were mostly empty, etc etc it was really crazy.

bread's done
Back