Target Clearance Thread XXII

That shit drives me crazy...and I love how the redshirt’s response to being so off in their inventory is, “Oh, they must have been misplaced then...or in the back somewhere...or they were stolen...” So...did you want to take a couple of minutes and check for them, or...? [emoji849]
Did you end up finding Battle Chasers: Nightwar or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He gave me a canned response "it's clearance so go look for yourself at the endcap." I checked BS on a pretty regular basis, couple times an hour and of course, stock changed to oos around closing time.

And nope, every store near me got picked at $14.98 price so I'm heading out tomorrow or Tuesday to find one.

Irony here is that I was looking for both Battle Chasers (In stock) and Warriors All Stars (Limited Stock) at this store, had a lot expectation to get the first, but got the latter.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
He gave me a canned response "it's clearance so go look for yourself at the endcap." I checked BS on a pretty regular basis, couple times an hour and of course, stock changed to oos around closing time.

And nope, every store near me got picked at $14.98 price so I'm heading out tomorrow or Tuesday to find one.

Irony here is that I was looking for both Battle Chasers (In stock) and Warriors All Stars (Limited Stock) at this store, had a lot expectation to get the first, but got the latter.

Bastard was probably hoarding them all for himself so he could flip them or some bullshit...what a Richard. If you strike out, let me know: there are supposedly a bunch of stores around me with it in stock at the $8.98 price, so I can grab one for you if needed. I called the Target in Topanga Canyon because they supposedly had FFXII steelbook in stock (5 copies, according to their scanner), but they’re all the regular edition. Kinda thinking I need to look for one at the $25 price point now and just get it if it’s the actual steelbook: I can always try return/rebuy or changing payment methods later.

Bastard was probably hoarding them all for himself so he could flip them or some bullshit...what a Richard. If you strike out, let me know: there are supposedly a bunch of stores around me with it in stock at the $8.98 price, so I can grab one for you if needed. I called the Target in Topanga Canyon because they supposedly had FFXII steelbook in stock (5 copies, according to their scanner), but they’re all the regular edition. Kinda thinking I need to look for one at the $25 price point now and just get it if it’s the actual steelbook: I can always try return/rebuy or changing payment methods later.

Thank you for the gesture, I'm gonna go ahead and try my luck with all the stores that dropped recently. We'll see how that go.

Having worked at Target i can tell you most steelbooks that aren't sold end up with the same DPCI as the regular editions.

Having worked at Target i can tell you most steelbooks that aren't sold end up with the same DPCI as the regular editions.
Agreed, they combine DPCI's in other situations as well.

Just because they show it in stock doesn't mean it is the SB version of the game (if they actually have it at all).

It seems Target is starting to get rid of all the leftover Thanksgiving food because both of the Targets I went to had all the pumpkin foods on clearance. Cans of pumpkin filling at around 80 cents a pop, got a box of special k pumpkin spice for $2 and three boxes of pumpkin spice instant oatmeal for around $1.25 a box. Both stores were picked clean already except for one or two straggler games on XBO and PS4, so I just stocked up on some miscellaneous food.

It seems Target is starting to get rid of all the leftover Thanksgiving food because both of the Targets I went to had all the pumpkin foods on clearance. Cans of pumpkin filling at around 80 cents a pop, got a box of special k pumpkin spice for $2 and three boxes of pumpkin spice instant oatmeal for around $1.25 a box. Both stores were picked clean already except for one or two straggler games on XBO and PS4, so I just stocked up on some miscellaneous food.
Holiday season clearance is down to 70% now at Target which is much better than the video game clearance in my opinion. A lot of Christmas cookies and candy which will remain fresh if sealed. Grabbed more Pepperidge Farm Milanos mini packs and Cookies and Cream Hershey bars for 30 cents each last night. Also saw a bunch of stuff marked down in toys yesterday too.

Holiday season clearance is down to 70% now at Target which is much better than the video game clearance in my opinion. A lot of Christmas cookies and candy which will remain fresh if sealed. Grabbed more Pepperidge Farm Milanos mini packs and Cookies and Cream Hershey bars for 30 cents each last night. Also saw a bunch of stuff marked down in toys yesterday too.
Store I was at yesterday was at 90% clearance and 70% for food, but did not have much more than wrapping paper/lights and the candy cane full of M&Ms, Skittles, etc.

My store still has Warriors All Stars ringing up for $19.98 today. And, they wouldn't do a price match. I love the Dynasty Warriors kind of games, so this is a huge pain in the butt. All the other stores in my area are already sold out. I don't want to have to jump on it for $20, but my store only has one copy left, and I just might have to.
I just bit the bullet on it at $20 as well cause I only saw one copy in each store and the price was always $20.

According to Brickseek one of the closest Targets finally lowered Warriors All Stars to $11.98 and Battlechasers to $8.98.  Will make a trip out there - hope Brickseek doesn't let me down.

Brickseek shows Styx: Shards of Darkness at $8.98 and in stock at a Target about 10 miles from me. But when I go to target.com, it shows regular retail price for the item at $49.99. Target's website also says the item is not in stock for a 100-mile radius from me.

So, who do I believe? I don't want to drive all the way out there and be told it's still at full price or isn't in stock. Does Brickseek often get things wrong?

Brickseek shows Styx: Shards of Darkness at $8.98 and in stock at a Target about 10 miles from me. But when I go to target.com, it shows regular retail price for the item at $49.99. Target's website also says the item is not in stock for a 100-mile radius from me.

So, who do I believe? I don't want to drive all the way out there and be told it's still at full price or isn't in stock. Does Brickseek often get things wrong?
i don't think the website is per store so you basically answered your own question, retail price is $49.99 and probably clearanced at your store.

i don't think the website is per store so you basically answered your own question, retail price is $49.99 and probably clearanced at your store.
I guess heading out there is the only way to see. Brickseek is also odd. I signed up for an alert for a different item that is shown as "out of stock" and I got an email alert this morning that all the stores had added inventory. Went back to Brickseek and they're still all displayed as out of stock. I don't trust Brickseek at all.

It's always a good day when you run into the cardigan lady marking down the clearance items in-person during your trip to the store.  I picked up Styx and Battle Chasers PS4 for $8.98 each. 

A couple days ago I also bought the full set of six of the Star Wars Christmas stockings on clearance.  They were originally $13 apiece so I passed.  But I have been eyeing these up the last couple months and was glad to get a set at 70% off.  They look awesome as a complete set.

Picked up the last copy Warriors All-Stars at one of my local stores for $12. Don't care how good/bad it is as I can have fun with just about any game for that price. Plus watching Sophie beat the tar out of waves of monsters is hilarious. 

I checked some stores I don't visit often the last few days for Christmas clearance (Star Wars ornaments for $.90!) and found some nice gems, mostly stuff already reported so I'm just gonna list what I noticed hasn't been mentioned recently.

$3.58

Watch Dogs 2 Game Guide

$4.48

Splatoon 2 Strategy Guide

Super Mario Odyssey Game Guide

$5.98

LEGO City Undercover 3DS

Batman: The Telltale Series XB1

Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival WiiU

$11.98

AC: Ezio Collection PS4

$14.98

Dirt 4 PS4/XB1

Also, most LEGO BrickHeadz have dropped to $4.98 around me. I don't usually care for collectible figures but these I really like (must be the LEGO). I found a lone limited edition Star Wars Rey and Kylo pack sitting next to the price checker that made my day. No idea where it was hiding all this time.

Picked up ( All Xbox One):

Batman Enemy Within  207 32 0167   $8.98

Dirt 4                             207 32 1658   $14.98

Rainbow 6 Siege

Year 2 Gold Edition       207 32 1649   $17.98

Got the Day One Edition of Dirt 4...pays to look at the game locked in the display as my store has a habit of putting Day One's in the display case and not selling them until it's the last one.

So im at target because brickdeek says tomb raider ps4 is $11.98 but when i asked emplyee to scan it shows $39.99 then i scanned with the target app and its still $39.99.Any thought?

Also, most LEGO BrickHeadz have dropped to $4.98 around me. I don't usually care for collectible figures but these I really like (must be the LEGO). I found a lone limited edition Star Wars Rey and Kylo pack sitting next to the price checker that made my day. No idea where it was hiding all this time.
Got a DCPI for the Rey/Kylo pack?

So im at target because brickdeek says tomb raider ps4 is $11.98 but when i asked emplyee to scan it shows $39.99 then i scanned with the target app and its still $39.99.Any thought?
I had this problem the other day because my iPhone didn't have location services enabled for the Target app: Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services -> Target -> While Using

I had this problem the other day because my iPhone didn't have location services enabled for the Target app: Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services -> Target -> While Using
No dice,I'm on android and permissions for location,camera and storage are on.Damn it and I really wanted tomb raider well thanks for the reply and help.

No dice,I'm on android and permissions for location,camera and storage are on.Damn it and I really wanted tomb raider well thanks for the reply and help.
If the Target app were already opened and running before arriving at the store, you need to kill the app and open it again while in store.

Ok, Brickseek was wrong. I drove out to the Target and it did have the game, but not for the price Brickseek quoted. The game "Styx: Shards of Darkness" was $8.98 on Brickseek for that location. Target had it for $14.98 (still a good price, but not the price Brickseek had posted for that location). I even asked to speak with a manager about the possibility that the game had not been marked down to its lowest clearance price and he scanned it again and confirmed the price was $14.98. Oh well. Brickseek did show it was $14.98 at some locations and $8.98 at others. I showed this to the manager on my phone and showed him that his location for Styx was $8.98 on Brickseek and he said, as I predicted, "we go by our own prices, not someone elses". I see someone else a few posts ago says they got the game for $5.98, so I'm not sure if I got screwed or not.

On the plus side, I went to another Target and got "Bullet Storm" for $5.98 and "Walking Dead: New Frontier" for X1 at $5.98 also.

If the Target app were already opened and running before arriving at the store, you need to kill the app and open it again while in store.

I was messing with the app at home adding gift cards to my account and was switching between app and brickseek both at home and at target but never really closed the target app.I'll try again tomorrow after work and i also got the barcode scanned that shows up on brickseek page and it too scanned $39.99 at self checkout register.

Prices finally updated.

Picked up Dragon Quest VIII 3DS 11.98
Battle Chasers 8.98
Warriors All Stars 11.98

Used 2 x $5 GCs from Coke Rewards and Im more than happy

Called a target that said they had x11 steelbook on brickseed but guy said its discounted by target and no longer carry and another store didn't have when I called so no target near me has it

Ok, Brickseek was wrong. I drove out to the Target and it did have the game, but not for the price Brickseek quoted. The game "Styx: Shards of Darkness" was $8.98 on Brickseek for that location. Target had it for $14.98 (still a good price, but not the price Brickseek had posted for that location). I even asked to speak with a manager about the possibility that the game had not been marked down to its lowest clearance price and he scanned it again and confirmed the price was $14.98. Oh well. Brickseek did show it was $14.98 at some locations and $8.98 at others. I showed this to the manager on my phone and showed him that his location for Styx was $8.98 on Brickseek and he said, as I predicted, "we go by our own prices, not someone elses". I see someone else a few posts ago says they got the game for $5.98, so I'm not sure if I got screwed or not.

On the plus side, I went to another Target and got "Bullet Storm" for $5.98 and "Walking Dead: New Frontier" for X1 at $5.98 also.
ASDF for the last time, Brickseek is not an absolute price-checking or stock-keeping measurement.

It even says directly on the site when you open it to not bring up Brickseek as a reference when talking to employees. Stop doing that.

ASDF for the last time, Brickseek is not an absolute price-checking or stock-keeping measurement.

It even says directly on the site when you open it to not bring up Brickseek as a reference when talking to employees. Stop doing that.
Brand new to Brickseek and missed that disclaimer. Chill.

BTW, I don't see what the big deal is to mention to a store employee that a reliable 3rd-party app says the price is so and so. Brickseek is some big illegal secret? What's the big deal?

BTW, I don't see what the big deal is to mention to a store employee that a reliable 3rd-party app says the price is so and so. Brickseek is some big illegal secret? What's the big deal?
It's a big deal to many of us because new users, who are ignorant to the fact that Brickseek was designed to function discreetly, go around to retailers referencing their stock numbers which are often wrong. That causes wasted worker productivity which the employers hate, as well as causes confrontations when customers keep insisting that "there has to be some more in the back". Which in turn has caused us, for the first time in late 2017, to not be able to track highly desirable things like the SNES classic because it has been deactivated on Brickseek as well as the other stock tracking applications. Retailers have finally responded by blocking these tools.

Its not a big deal people are just overly sensative here and basically one more person knowing about brickseek is one more person in competition to deals with them.... and seeing its an employee they feel the deals will shut down because the employee will hoard it all themselves...... Again its not a big deal

It's a big deal to many of us because new users, who are ignorant to the fact that Brickseek was designed to function discreetly, go around to retailers referencing their stock numbers which are often wrong. That causes wasted worker productivity which the employers hate, as well as causes confrontations when customers keep insisting that "there has to be some more in the back". Which in turn has caused us, for the first time in late 2017, to not be able to track highly desirable things like the SNES classic because it has been deactivated on Brickseek as well as the other stock tracking applications. Retailers have finally responded by blocking these tools.
I understand. I just didn't think it was a big deal, in an age where people use all kinds of 3rd party apps to notify them of reductions in prices, sales, etc. That's how many people find out about sales and price reductions in the first place. I didn't think it was verboten to mention it. The only thing about mentioning it that makes little sense is that it doesn't seem to carry much weight once you're in the store.

I guess I'll just use BS as a tool to BEGIN the process of research, not as the gospel. For example, I called the Target today to confirm the clearance item shown on BS was there and it was. I neglected to have the employee confirm the clearance price, which BS got wrong. Still, if BS identifies it as a clearance item and it can be tracked down, I assume the price will be much lower anyway as to justify a purchase. In my case, there was only a $6 difference. It was odd because half the Target stores BS found *did* have the higher price but the store I went to was supposed to have the lower one. I assume it was that low at some stage and then got raised again as a clearance item? Weird. Thought clearance items just got lower, not higher.

Just got burned by another Target. Dirt 4 shows "in stock" and 70% off on BS (confirmed by Target app), not only a single copy couldn't be found, there's hasn't a single markdown on it. SMFH

Just got burned by another Target. Dirt 4 shows "in stock" and 70% off on BS (confirmed by Target app), not only a single copy could be found, there's hasn't a single markdown on it. SMFH

I saw a copy of this on Xbox One in a clearance section but I didn’t scan it to check the price cause I didn’t see a clearance sticker on it. Might have to check it out tomorrow.

Its not a big deal people are just overly sensative here and basically one more person knowing about brickseek is one more person in competition to deals with them.... and seeing its an employee they feel the deals will shut down because the employee will hoard it all themselves...... Again its not a big deal
Overly sensitive... People en masse showing brickseek to Target is why we no longer have actual quantities. Keep doing it, and it'll disappear like Fyndly.

I understand. I just didn't think it was a big deal, in an age where people use all kinds of 3rd party apps to notify them of reductions in prices, sales, etc. That's how many people find out about sales and price reductions in the first place. I didn't think it was verboten to mention it. The only thing about mentioning it that makes little sense is that it doesn't seem to carry much weight once you're in the store.

I guess I'll just use BS as a tool to BEGIN the process of research, not as the gospel. For example, I called the Target today to confirm the clearance item shown on BS was there and it was. I neglected to have the employee confirm the clearance price, which BS got wrong. Still, if BS identifies it as a clearance item and it can be tracked down, I assume the price will be much lower anyway as to justify a purchase. In my case, there was only a $6 difference. It was odd because half the Target stores BS found *did* have the higher price but the store I went to was supposed to have the lower one. I assume it was that low at some stage and then got raised again as a clearance item? Weird. Thought clearance items just got lower, not higher.
some more guidance :)

it's best not to mention brickseek ever because brickseek was developed to look deeper into store inventory. you can easily see whether walmart or target has something "in stock" by just going to the official website, right? but brickseek takes a step further and you can see inventory count and price, on a store-by-store basis. But, if you compare walmart and target checker, you'll see walmart shows actual inventory stock numbers. Target does not, it only tells you whether it's in stock or not. this is because it got blocked. the more attention brickseek gets by corporate, the more likely they'll patch things in their system. we don't want that :)

as for the prices in your local area, most times prices don't go back up, but it can happen. Target clearance prices are typically universal across the country, but not all stores will update prices at the same time. as you'll see people talk about waiting, each target will eventually mark down their prices, so you just gotta wait. that's why some stores will have a cheaper price than other ones in your area.

some more guidance :)

it's best not to mention brickseek ever because brickseek was developed to look deeper into store inventory. you can easily see whether walmart or target has something "in stock" by just going to the official website, right? but brickseek takes a step further and you can see inventory count and price, on a store-by-store basis. But, if you compare walmart and target checker, you'll see walmart shows actual inventory stock numbers. Target does not, it only tells you whether it's in stock or not. this is because it got blocked. the more attention brickseek gets by corporate, the more likely they'll patch things in their system. we don't want that :)

as for the prices in your local area, most times prices don't go back up, but it can happen. Target clearance prices are typically universal across the country, but not all stores will update prices at the same time. as you'll see people talk about waiting, each target will eventually mark down their prices, so you just gotta wait. that's why some stores will have a cheaper price than other ones in your area.
Great points...agreed. Mum's the word. BTW, I didn't mention Brickseek by name to the employee earlier. I said "this app showed....etc". But I've learned my lesson. I won't do it again.

Learned yet another lesson tonight to share with the Target peeps here, though it may sound familiar to many of you or those who read the WM thread. In that thread, you stressed the importance to me of scanning in-store with the apps and that turned out to help me win tonight in a kind of "scanning dispute". I went back to the area Target that earlier had the "inaccurate" Brickseek price and it turns out, THEY were wrong, not Brickseek. I scanned "Styx: Shards of Darkness" PS4 with the Target app and it DID show the lower price of $8.98 (claimed by Brickseek). Again, earlier in the day, Target employees and even a manager scanned the game with their equipment TWICE and it showed $14.98. They wouldn't budge. At that point, I had not yet downloaded store apps for Target or Walmart (I'm learning!). When I went back to the store in the evening after dinner, armed with the apps, and got the $8.98 price with my own Target app scan, the person at checkout did a THIRD scan with her equipment at the register and....you guessed it....it yet again showed $14.98. I showed her my cell phone and my scan and she was very cool, made no fuss, and gave me the lower price. I would have liked to show my scan to the employees and manager I dealt with earlier in the day, but as it was near closing time, the place was near empty.

I guess the moral is....ALWAYS BE SCANNING. Don't trust the store employees, even when they do their "own" scan.

Thanks to y'all for your patience with me as a newbie...I'm still learning the ropes and the tricks.

Well BS let me down again as Battlechasers and Warriors All Stars showed as $14.98 and $19.98 respectively instead of the lower BS prices.  I did find a copy of Redout: Lightspeed Edition (PS4) for $11.98 and some Pepperidge Farms items at 70% off so all was not lost.

I would have liked to show my scan to the employees and manager I dealt with earlier in the day, but as it was near closing time, the place was near empty.
Don't worry. Those managers and team members will not forget about the dumbass who came in and told them to sell him a game for half the price it was ringing up for just because he said it was cheaper. And they would remember you even more if you rubbed getting the game cheaper in their faces. You would pretty much guarantee not getting any help from them in the future with other deals.

Target corporate puts specific merchandise on clearance. It is up to stores' employees to activate those prices. The difference in prices from store to store and from brickseek/Target app to store occur because those employees aren't robots that do the same thing at the exact same time. Some activate the prices every week at the same time, some early, some late, and some never. Some decide stock is moving fast enough at the current clearance price and don't mark down at all. Some want to get rid of the clearance surplus all at once and mark everything down to 70% off. It all comes down to the people working at the store...the same ones you were giving a hard time, and then thinking about showing them about how you got what you wanted by doing an end-around.

Why don't you try being smart instead of being "right". And don't bother writing some long winded explanation of how you didn't know this or that, or how you're a newb here or there...we already know.

No one here wants that. It's inconvenient to do it the old way, wasting both gas and--your most valuable resource--time. The waste eats into any "deals" you would have had through clearance. Don't be a jerk and (continue to) ruin a fabulous free service for others.

I don't really understand the controversy as I've found BS to be pretty fucking useless. For an inventory checker, it's almost always wrong on the items I'm looking for and tells me a store might have something when they don't and at times even tells me they're OOS when they're not. IDK where the fault lies there, but I'm assuming it's because my stores are all shit for maintaining inventory counts or finding abandons. Furthermore, the discounted prices are typically wrong as well from the website to the floor, so I've been using my own method of tracking items called GOING TO THE fuckING STORE.

It has been working out better than wasted time on a fairly useless online tool that could disappear tomorrow and wouldn't be missed. TBH if retailers got fed up enough to issue a C&D, I wouldn't blame them and it'd probably be for the best.

No one here wants that. It's inconvenient to do it the old way, wasting both gas and--your most valuable resource--time. The waste eats into any "deals" you would have had through clearance. Don't be a jerk and (continue to) ruin a fabulous free service for others.
No one is ruining anything I dont go around advertising BS.. Im just defending this poor guy that got hammered over something very simple....

bread's done
Back