Target Clearance Thread XXII

He got hammered because he is calling attention to brickseek which isn't necessary and can only hurt it in the long run.

He got hammered because he abused Target's price matching by trying to price match using Brickseek which doesn't even sell the product.

He got hammered because he treated the Target employee's like shit, and wanted to go back and do it some more.

This is the guy you're going stand up and defend?

Get over it worst case scenario you have to do things the old fashion way and hunt for clearance.....
I find this pretty ridiculous to be honest. Why would you deliberately risk eliminating a useful app by being lazy/dumb? Sure it's not 100% accurate but it does help show what might possibly be available at certain stores instead of wasting time/gas/money going store to store looking and hoping. Might not mean that much to you but you do realize what site your on right?

lol @ the idea that Brickseek is some sort of secret. As someone who has managed at both retailers, trust me when I say corporate knows about it and don’t really care. If a customer wants to come into the store looking for something, they view that as only a good thing. Feet through the door is what retailers want.

Go ahead and tell employees all you want about Brickseek. Show them the app and the price it says. At Walmart I have had customers do that to me and I will check the system and see that, yeah, there is a pending price change waiting and I’ll go ahead and change it for them. Or if they show me the system says we have X copies of Y game and I am pretty sure we don’t, I’ll go ahead and check the back because I might be wrong. Personally ever since UPCs were removed off the website, I’d rather use sites like Brickseek to find something for a customer.

What I can’t support is treating an employee badly because something isn’t in stock when BS says it is or because the price might be different. The guy who posted the story didn’t seem like he was being a jerk.

Don’t let it bother you SideQuest, this place is bizarre with the unwritten rules and entitlement and emotional responses to something as trivial as showing an employee an app he already knows about. I mean, imagine how many people come in there looking for these clearance items on a regular basis, especially during the holidays. And these people are freaking out like you’re gonna Ruin their party LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
lol @ the idea that Brickseek is some sort of secret. As someone who has managed at both retailers, trust me when I say corporate knows about it and don’t really care..
Yes and no, BS is the one skirting the legalality here, specifically fishing and publishing internal data/numbers for the public to see. Walmart seems to don't give a shit about this but Target certainly do. Evidence? Target forced Fyndly to shut down, BS had to agree not to publish store stock number anymore.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I find this pretty ridiculous to be honest. Why would you deliberately risk eliminating a useful app by being lazy/dumb? Sure it's not 100% accurate but it does help show what might possibly be available at certain stores instead of wasting time/gas/money going store to store looking and hoping. Might not mean that much to you but you do realize what site your on right?
Again read before you post.. I am not the one going around talking about BS I was defending a guy who was attacked over mentioning it..... people here....

Back to the finds... =)

Not sure if it was previously mentioned... I picked up FIFA 17 (PS4) for $8.98 (207-34-1395).

lol @ the idea that Brickseek is some sort of secret. As someone who has managed at both retailers, trust me when I say corporate knows about it and don’t really care. If a customer wants to come into the store looking for something, they view that as only a good thing. Feet through the door is what retailers want.

Go ahead and tell employees all you want about Brickseek. Show them the app and the price it says. At Walmart I have had customers do that to me and I will check the system and see that, yeah, there is a pending price change waiting and I’ll go ahead and change it for them. Or if they show me the system says we have X copies of Y game and I am pretty sure we don’t, I’ll go ahead and check the back because I might be wrong. Personally ever since UPCs were removed off the website, I’d rather use sites like Brickseek to find something for a customer.

What I can’t support is treating an employee badly because something isn’t in stock when BS says it is or because the price might be different.
Thank you for helping people in your store. You go above and beyond in ways we don't see in these areas much anymore. There was an awesome rep like you in electronics for years at my local Target, but he's been gone since Christmas last year. Maybe coincidently who knows, the Target clearance deals have dried up there. It's too bad there aren't more like you guys.

However, I must disagree with the fact that more attention to brickseek does nothing to the service. We've seen just months ago the numerical quantity feature for Brickseek Target got shut off. (And for the record, the quantity numbers were mostly accurate for me at my local stores. People and employees just hide the stuff so you have to go on a bit of scavenger hunt sometimes.)

Also, the guy said he wanted to deal with the same employees so he could vindicate himself in front of them. Side may or may not be a jerk, but that behavior sure doesn't sound like a nice guy with a positive attitude lol

(I was referring to Derrick's jerky response to ellesar123).

People, did SideQuestsSuck make a rookie mistake? Yes. We've all done that. And yes, rule #1 should always be to treat the employees you are trying to get a deal from nicely even if they won't give you that deal. Failure to do this often comes with making the rookie mistakes though. 

Offer newbies constructive advice on how to go about things as we all know that it makes things best for everyone. They've clearly gotten the message that BrickSeek is neither definitive nor can it/should it be used to reference stock inventory or prices to Target employees directly as it just doesn't help anything. 

Decided to stop at a Target yesterday morning to just pick up some small things and had a couple of finds I was happy with. 

All X1:

Batman: Enemy Within for $9

Baja: Edge of Control for $9 (this ones's for my nephew who likes racing games and has very few games for his X1)

Micro Machines: World Tour for $9 (may also go to my nephew, haven't made up my mind yet)

Troll and I for $9 

Also found all of the Spider-Man Homecoming funko characters for $3. Snagged spider-man, spider-man homemade suit, Tony Stark and Vulture figures for both me and one of my nephews who's birthday is coming up. 

What I can’t support is treating an employee badly because something isn’t in stock when BS says it is or because the price might be different. The guy who posted the story didn’t seem like he was being a jerk.

Don’t let it bother you SideQuest, this place is bizarre with the unwritten rules and entitlement and emotional responses to something as trivial as showing an employee an app he already knows about. I mean, imagine how many people come in there looking for these clearance items on a regular basis, especially during the holidays. And these people are freaking out like you’re gonna Ruin their party LOL
Thanks man. Some people in here acting like I just murdered Tim Tebow or something. :whistle2:& Most here have a good, healthy attitude about it though.

For what it's worth, when I went back to the store and would have liked to deal with the previous employees, I was going to show them my TARGET app scan with the lower price. I wasn't even going to mention Brickseek or refer to anything other than my scan with the Target app. These people deal with hundreds of customers a day. I seriously doubt they would remember the guy who wanted a discount on STYX. Not like I stood in the middle of the store screaming and sobbing. As for the manager, he barely spent more than a sec or two with me with his scan and then disappeared to help a TV buying customer. Sheesh.

The whole point of my post was that scanning in-store with the app may sometimes beat what the store employees scan. My natural inclination would be that what the store scans is gospel, but apparently not. I know some here have had bad experiences with Brickseek, but in my one case, it was correct. I know it was just a six dollar difference but I can see scenarios where you see a big difference by using your own scan, depending on what level of clearance the item is.

So, to sum up, no need for people to act like I poisoned your cheerios. CTFO.

So I went back to the Target that hadn't updated prices by yesterday afternoon and they were updated this morning.  Ended up picking up:

207-34-9412 Battlechasers: Nightwar (PS4) - $8.98

207-34-1684 Baja: Edge of Control HD (PS4) - $8.98

207-34-0227 Warriors All Stars (PS4) - $11.98

207-34-1713 Dead Alliance Day 1 Edition (PS4) - $11.98

207-32-0356 Batman: Return to Arkham (XB1) - $5.98

207-24-1519 Lego Marvel Avengers (PS3) - $5.98

Also, picked up a Retron 3 2.4 GHZ (Red) for $29.36 (online return - as is)

I've really got to stop going to target all the time...so many purchases just because things are cheap lol. RIP backlog

I've really got to stop going to target all the time...so many purchases just because things are cheap lol. RIP backlog
Same here. But it seems like I go in looking for 1 game that I can never find and come out with 3-4 games I had no intention on getting.

Snagged me a Battle Chasers and Dirt 4.

Gave up on $6 Stardew Valley since this one particular store still let it sit at $20, no markdown whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I know. I've been doing a lot of impulse buys lately. I had to talk myself out of getting that Xbox One with cartwheel that was on sale last week.

I know. I've been doing a lot of impulse buys lately. I had to talk myself out of getting that Xbox One with cartwheel that was on sale last week.
That's me. On top of all the games, my HP desktop, HP laptop, and the Xbox One S were all impulse buys because of CAG. But I am not complaining. I love my new toys.

That's me. On top of all the games, my HP desktop, HP laptop, and the Xbox One S were all impulse buys because of CAG. But I am not complaining. I love my new toys.
Ugh, I think I've impulse bought like 10 games, the laptop and the desktop too. Managed to hold off on all the xbone and ps4 deals but I feel kind of bad about it because they were so cheap. The things CAG does to you lol

I picked up 
207-34-9412 Battlechasers: Nightwar (XB1) - $8.98
207-32-1682 Resident Evil: Revelations (XB1) - $5.98

I had a Copy of Tomb Raider in my hand for PS4 But already had it for XB1 that said It still seems like a good deal 

207-34-0097 - Rise of the Tomb Raider : 20 Year Celebration (PS4) - $11.98

Why is there always some Target/Walmart employee that comes into these threads and tells us how corporate works? We get it, you were doing the training on the computer in the breakroom and read an update from corporate one time. Stop acting like you know how it works.

Why is there always some Target/Walmart employee that comes into these threads and tells us how corporate works? We get it, you were doing the training on the computer in the breakroom and read an update from corporate one time. Stop acting like you know how it works.
Computer, in the break room? What fresh hell is this?

When I worked at JCPENNEY we had an Apple 2 that we had to clock in and out on in our employee locker room. This was in 2006. Macy's had us clock in on the registers.

Last week the two stores closest to me had either Battle Chasers either in stock for XBox One or PS4, now none of them have it in stock. I Kinda want to hunt them out, but it's THQ Nordic so I'm sure it'll hit either $10 or under in some other means eventually.

People, did SideQuestsSuck make a rookie mistake? Yes. We've all done that. And yes, rule #1 should always be to treat the employees you are trying to get a deal from nicely even if they won't give you that deal. Failure to do this often comes with making the rookie mistakes though.

Offer newbies constructive advice on how to go about things as we all know that it makes things best for everyone. They've clearly gotten the message that BrickSeek is neither definitive nor can it/should it be used to reference stock inventory or prices to Target employees directly as it just doesn't help anything.

Decided to stop at a Target yesterday morning to just pick up some small things and had a couple of finds I was happy with.

All X1:

Batman: Enemy Within for $9

Baja: Edge of Control for $9 (this ones's for my nephew who likes racing games and has very few games for his X1)

Micro Machines: World Tour for $9 (may also go to my nephew, haven't made up my mind yet)

Troll and I for $9

Also found all of the Spider-Man Homecoming funko characters for $3. Snagged spider-man, spider-man homemade suit, Tony Stark and Vulture figures for both me and one of my nephews who's birthday is coming up.
I also saw Troll and I for that price at Target and the only reason I didn't get it is because the game has gotten dreadful reviews. A shame...I like its concept.

Thanks for the comments above. Generally, newbies are cut a little more slack, no? In a previous post, I acknowledged that I would not refer to Brickseek again out in the field and that I just wasn't aware it was verboten and still, some people just have to pile on. Their comments assume employees care so deeply about what customers say. I have found that most b&m people deal with a situation and quickly move on to the next. The first employee I dealt with was so busy dealing with an angry customer who was denied a deal on a new TV that he was barely even paying attention to what I was saying. And given that I don't think I even mentioned BS by name, I don't think there's anything to biatch about but still, some peeps here. will.

Don't remember if I mentioned my other finds:

Sniper Elite 4 PS4- $11.98

Walking Dead New Frontier XBOX ONE- $5.98

Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition PS4- $5.98

Also saw Deus Ex PS4 on clearance but had to leave before checking out the price.

When I worked at JCPENNEY we had an Apple 2 that we had to clock in and out on in our employee locker room. This was in 2006. Macy's had us clock in on the registers.
There's a furniture Store Near my house that Uses a application on DOSBOX that stores all of the order information.

So I went back to the Target that hadn't updated prices by yesterday afternoon and they were updated this morning. Ended up picking up:

207-34-9412 Battlechasers: Nightwar (PS4) - $8.98

207-34-1684 Baja: Edge of Control HD (PS4) - $8.98

207-34-0227 Warriors All Stars (PS4) - $11.98

207-34-1713 Dead Alliance Day 1 Edition (PS4) - $11.98

207-32-0356 Batman: Return to Arkham (XB1) - $5.98

207-24-1519 Lego Marvel Avengers (PS3) - $5.98

Also, picked up a Retron 3 2.4 GHZ (Red) for $29.36 (online return - as is)
How is Dead Alliance... early on impressions from all over was it is shit on a disc

Got this tonight.[attachment=29163:1F928DFC-5995-4D2B-A7E4-F6E217C8ED39.jpeg]

XBox One version.

Got this tonight.
attachicon.gif
1F928DFC-5995-4D2B-A7E4-F6E217C8ED39.jpeg

XBox One version.
FYI, the price sticker on that is for F1 2017. Pretty lucky find there.

It was in a plastic security container with that sticker on it. I was just about to stop looking on the end cap and found it. No problem honoring price.

After about a fucking month or two of unsuccessful searches (Through both Targets and Toys R Us) I finally found a copy of Dragon Quest VIII today for 11.98.

The weirdest thing was it wasnt even on the clearance isle, it was the sole copy in the case and was still marked 39.99, but when it was scanned it came up at clearance price.

Grabbed the last copy of Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash for Wii U at my local store tonight for $11.98 along with more holiday clearance junk at 90% off.

Every birthday gift that I'll give someone in 2018 will be wrapped in Spider-Man wrapping paper and not just because it was 30 cents a roll. OK, that'll be one of the reasons.

After about a fucking month or two of unsuccessful searches (Through both Targets and Toys R Us) I finally found a copy of Dragon Quest VIII today for 11.98.

The weirdest thing was it wasnt even on the clearance isle, it was the sole copy in the case and was still marked 39.99, but when it was scanned it came up at clearance price.
Probably spent more on gas and time than the savings ;D

I saw one at my Target recently, but marked at $19.98 and that was just not cheap enough for me. $11.98 I can hang with though. Do you happen to have the DPI for DQVIII? I wouldn't mind checking the ol' Brick Seeker.

Picked up-

Baja: Edge of Control HD XB1- $8.98

Lego Marvel's Avengers PS3- $5.98

MXGP3: The Official Motocross PS4- $11.98

Super Mario 3D World Wii U- $5.98

Using my target app scanner, both Donkey Kong Country Returns and LoZ: Ocarina of Time showed $5.96 but was ringing up $9.96. Customer Service didn't honor the price though. A little disappointed but overall a good shopping experience.

did some target runs this morning. hit up 5 stores. found dbz extreme butoden! store had 4 and I grabbed 2. if anyones in central NJ go to North Brunswick Target, theres 2 left in their backroom. also a NSMB2 for 3ds on the shelf. anyway this is what I found

steep ps4 $8.98       207-24-1604

Ezio Collection ps4 $11.98   207-34-1634

Minecraft season two 360 $8.98   207-22-1762

Lego star wars force awakens 360 $5.96   207-22-4230

Nascar Heat Evolution X1 $8.98   207-32-0357

Fifa17 PS3 $8.98    207-24-1395

DBZ Extreme Butoden 3ds $19.99 207-02-0191

New super mario bros 2 3ds $8.98 207-02-1401

Minecraft story mode complete adventure PS3 $5.98 207-24-1630

Walking dead new frontier X1 $5.98 207-32-1648

stardew Valley PS4 $5.98 207-34-1669

Marvel Avengers PS3 $5.98 207-24-1519

DiRT 4 X1 $14.98 207-32-1658

dragon quest VIII 3ds $11.98 207-02-0345

Megaman legacy collection 2 PS4 $5.98   207-34-1735

Yakuza Kiwami PS4 $8.98 207-34-0214

Madden 17 360 $8.98 207-22-2017

Naruto road to boruto PS4 $8.98 207-34-1644

Sniper Elite 4 ps4 $11.98 207-34-1613

Is this price before or after the 25% cartwheel coupon? My store had it for $11.98, before 25% cartwheel coupon.
I didn’t even know there was a coupon, that item specifically rang up $29.99 but the target app scanner showed it as 8.98 so that’s what they gave it to me as

I didn’t even know there was a coupon, that item specifically rang up $29.99 but the target app scanner showed it as 8.98 so that’s what they gave it to me as
It automatically applied the cartwheel coupon for you. I just tried it on the game and it said offer applied (cartwheel).

Probably spent more on gas and time than the savings ;D
I never actually drove around just looking for DQ, it was mostly while I was hunting for other deals and it was just high on my want list. And the moment the price dropped to 11.98 was when I was out of town so like all my stores sold out instantly.

Funny: Brickseek seems to think that a Target in Hyde Park Chicago, IL is only 19 miles away from me here in No. VA.

Funnier: That particular Target happens to be the closest one to my parents' house *in* Chicago.

Maybe I'll send them on a CAG run. They're both retired with nothing to do....
Brickseek casually announcing the discovery of wormholes

bread's done
Back