Target Clearance Thread XXII

Every single Target near me still had The Oregon Trail electronic game at $24.99, which makes sense since it only just came out several weeks ago.

Every single Target near me still had The Oregon Trail electronic game at $24.99, which makes sense since it only just came out several weeks ago.
yeah I have no idea why it's marked down so low at some stores already, couple stores around me also have it for $17.48

Stores near me had this before Christmas.
If you would have posted it back then you would have scooped Reddit and a couple dozen websites by a couple months as news of this didn't start showing up online until late February/early March. That was also the time they started showing up in my local Targets.

If you would have posted it back then you would have scooped Reddit and a couple dozen websites by a couple months as news of this didn't start showing up online until late February/early March. That was also the time they started showing up in my local Targets.
Mine had them before christmas too. They arrived around the time of the basketball and football ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up some official Nintendo Wii / Wii U Nunchuks on 70% clearance for $5.98.  (207-00-0970)  There were also some off brand Nunchuks on clearance for $5 as well.

I originally went to pick up The Oregon Trail as all the surrounding stores have gone out of stock before hitting clearance.

If anyone is still looking for the DBZ Fighterz Android 18 Figpin PM me.  I found 2 and can send one to whoever for the cost (1penny) + shipping.

For Amiibo hunters, the Target near me got rid of all Amiibo this weekend. All new and clearance figures are gone. If you want any there, buy them now.

Had some weirdness at my Target too.

Found a Logitech G413 that was supposed to be $26.XX (per brickseek) but it had an “As-Is” Sticker marked $44.xx. Scanned it to be sure and it did ring up $44.xx.

Similar situation with a Link BOTW Figma figure. Brickseek showed none in stock but there was one on the end cap. Barcode was marked through with a sharpie and there was another “as-is” sticker marked $44.xx. Didn’t bother trying to ring it up since it was marked through.

Was really looking forward to using that G413 at work. I’d imagine it won’t move in price because of the way they handled the clearance drop. Shame.

Went from 3% being discounted to 5%! Wonder if it'll eventually hit all stores. Definitely in the market for a new controller so will be keeping a close on it. Dumb thing is it shows OOS at my store and it's most definitely there so not sure if there's two models or what.
It was showing out of stock at my store as well, but they had plenty so it seems this is something you need to go to the store to verify.

I have two in-stock stores at $69.99 and a $20.98 store that’s out of stock. If I buy from and then return to the $20.98 store, I wonder if the controllers would get marked down 🤔
I always get turned down when trying this even if I say I need to change payment methods. They are insistent that clearance items have to go back on the floor first.

I always get turned down when trying this even if I say I need to change payment methods. They are insistent that clearance items have to go back on the floor first.
I have never had an issue when changing payment methods. Just make the first purchase on a non-red card and then re-buy using red card.

Just get a red card. They have a debit option that's connected to your bank account.

Why 'just get a red card'? The entire point is to track your purchases and sell your history. That is the sole reason why 'club cards' exist in stores. They jack up the real prices then offer a 'discount card' which was the real lower price.

What if I don't have a red card? Is there any way to do this without having it?
I suppose you could use a regular credit card and then change the payment method to your debit card or cash or whatever. Again, though, it’s YMMV in terms of which redshirt will let you do the return/rebuy or price adjustment and which one will claim all clearance items have to return to the sales floor or use whatever cockamamie excuse they want to deny you a CAG deal.

Why 'just get a red card'? The entire point is to track your purchases and sell your history. That is the sole reason why 'club cards' exist in stores. They jack up the real prices then offer a 'discount card' which was the real lower price.
So they can collect part of the transaction fee is the reason they offer a debit version. Also they will probably be more helpful if you have the card.

im sorry, but if you are shopping at target, they are already tracking your purchases anyway. buy something with any debit/credit card and then go to the store and ask about a "receiptless return. they can do it, they will just use your payment method to find your receipt. better pick up some more aluminum foil your next time in.

im sorry, but if you are shopping at target, they are already tracking your purchases anyway. buy something with any debit/credit card and then go to the store and ask about a "receiptless return. they can do it, they will just use your payment method to find your receipt. better pick up some more aluminum foil your next time in.

I do concur with you, everything is tracked. With the red card, it's much easier for the to track what you do and also sell your information

This isn't tinfoil conspiracies, they are facts. Just like with facebook stealing data of non users, I've been telling this to people for years and no one believed me. Now it's all out in the open.

Anyone remember when the South Park FBH steel book was on sale for 29.99? I tried to return it today without receipt (I know) but it didn't even show up when they pulled it with my red card.

Of course they offered store credit and it showed 59.99.

Um...okay. 😁

Just wanted to chime in about the volcano shadow xbox one controller. I was actually successful in doing a return/ rebuy for the lower price of $20. Bought from a store with retail price brought it to the other store with lower price. I thought the lady was suspicious since she mentioned I bought just like 30 mins ago lol, was scared i was SOL. She still rang it up and told me the final total and I pretended to still play it dumb. May try again sometime this weekend to get another, but hope its not the same lady at guest services.

Just wanted to chime in about the volcano shadow xbox one controller. I was actually successful in doing a return/ rebuy for the lower price of $20. Bought from a store with retail price brought it to the other store with lower price. I thought the lady was suspicious since she mentioned I bought just like 30 mins ago lol, was scared i was SOL. She still rang it up and told me the final total and I pretended to still play it dumb. May try again sometime this weekend to get another, but hope its not the same lady at guest services.
this is hugely frowned upon by people in brickseek communities

Yeah. Their tracking is kind of creepy. The last few times I bought something from Target in store with my credit card (non-Target credit card), they actually emailed me a survey with the date and store location. And this is with a newer card number I've never used for a Target online order or in association with my email address, so they must use your card's name and billing address to match it with your email address in their database. Then again, this is the company that added me to all of their mailing lists without asking when they had to notify me that my card number was stolen back during that holiday credit card theft fiasco years ago.

Not clearance, but I found this today.

IMG_20180422_163546.jpg

All remaining LEGO Dimensions figures should now be at the deepest clearance that they can be in stores, and they are no longer available on the website.

My Target is getting a remodel right now, moving most sections to completely new parts of the store and supposedly adding a bit more food (it's not a Super Target)...wonder if this is why they've been so terrible with clearance lately.  I have one of those volcano controllers in stock but it's not discounted so maybe once it all gets moved...  They had about half the gaming section moved.  Been going on for about a month now, but now half the parking lot is filled with shipping crates.  HOPEFULLY we'll finally get the nicer plastic carts, this damn store has had the same carts from opening.

Bunch of Vizio UHD TVs went on clearance:

Vizio D43-E2 43" 008-09-0274 $419.99 -> $323.98
Vizio E60-E3 60" 008-09-0257 $969.99 -> $489.98
Vizio E70-E3 70" 008-09-0281 $1299.99 -> $769.98

Plus some random non-game electronics (Samsung SmartCam, USB cables, et cetera).

I saw a bunch of virtual reality headset kits for kids, but didn't catch the price because they were packed in so tight. They had a dinosaur one, and a space alien themed one.

bread's done
Back