Target Clearance Thread XXII

Just took a look for shits and giggles and Brickseek for the orange nd white 2DS and that same one that listed it as 75 one day and MSRP in store is now listing it as being $45 there. My luck it goes to MSRP tomorrow on Brickseek and it'll still be MSRP in store...
every store in my area that got down to $45 got cleared out quickly, might wanna just go now if the store isn't closed

Just took a look for shits and giggles and Brickseek for the orange nd white 2DS and that same one that listed it as 75 one day and MSRP in store is now listing it as being $45 there. My luck it goes to MSRP tomorrow on Brickseek and it'll still be MSRP in store...
Thanks for the heads up. One of my local stores was full MSRP a few days ago and is now $45. I’ll stop by there tomorrow!

I guess I'm too late, because Brickseek is now saying its OOS.  Hoping that it *might* be there when I hit them up.  I have to run a few errands in that area, but won't be able to get there for probably at least and hour and a half...

Couple of new clearance games. Most were in stock at store except metal gear. [attachment=30210:2E57D6E9-CB30-42A9-B7E4-1F309B0DD978.png][attachment=30211:667A88A0-0852-4CF7-A352-F6494C75FAA8.png][attachment=30212:87439A41-6E5E-45D8-B154-C1EEEA33C764.png][attachment=30213:DD9EFC73-380A-4D2C-9D28-76E3817FAE9C.png][attachment=30214:334CCE44-0B63-4D51-81AF-260366F4540D.png]

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm too late, because Brickseek is now saying its OOS. Hoping that it *might* be there when I hit them up. I have to run a few errands in that area, but won't be able to get there for probably at least and hour and a half...
goodluck but you probably got scooped

Also found these
attachicon.gif
9DAA60A1-6665-4AEF-8D99-9EF80C566B3D.jpeg
$3.58 for those mugs looks to be the going price at all my Target stores.

So if that orange 2DS XL is in stock near me for $149 i have a chance of getting it for $45 by matching the main app? I see several stores around me with them in stock...

I don't need another Nintendo handheld, but if any of my stores go down to $45 for that 2DS XL, I will buy it. Checking everyday on brickseek for the price drop as they are all still at full price.

So if that orange 2DS XL is in stock near me for $149 i have a chance of getting it for $45 by matching the main app? I see several stores around me with them in stock...
if brickseek shows no markdown, it's fairly unlikely it's gonna be marked down in store (they will not pricematch a different store). You could try I guess but wouldn't hedge your bets

:ps4:
Wolfenstein The New Order/The Old Blood double pack 207-34-1774 $29.99 -> $20.98
Resident Evil Revelations 207-34-1682 $19.99 -> $9.98

:xb1:
Metal Gear Solid V Definitive 207-32-1624 $29.99 -> $14.98
Marvel Pinball Epic Collection Vol. 1 207-32-9118 $29.99 -> $14.98
Homefront: The Revolution 207-32-0110 $19.89 -> $9.94
Dead Rising 2 207-32-1628 $19.99 -> $9.98
Fantasia: Music Evolved 207-32-0978 $19.99 -> $9.98
Bulletstorm 207-32-1667 $19.99 -> $9.98
Just Dance 2016 207-32-3738 $29.99 -> $14.98
Just Sing 207-32-0383 $19.99 -> $9.98
Battleborn 207-32-1200 $9.99 -> $4.98

:ps3:
Jak and Daxter Collection 207-24-0525 $19.99 -> $9.98

:360:
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Gold 207-22-3332 $29.99 -> $20.98

Other:
WD My Passport 1 TB (USB 3.0, formatted for Mac) 056-02-0040 $59.99 -> $41.98
WD 4 TB external 056-02-0069 $119.99 -> $83.98

Well, the one that listed the 2DS as 45 bucks was still MSRP.  Even Targets app was still MSRP, and also said they had none in stock, yet they had at least 10 of them.

Xbox One
Game of Thrones 9.98 - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-1117
*UFC - 9.98 - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-0005
Marvel Pinball: Epic Collection 14.98 - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-9118
Minecraft Story Mode The complete Adventure 9.98 - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-1630
Stardew Valley 9.98 - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-1669
Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition 49.98 - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-0063
Farming Simulator 17 24.98 - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-1614
Dead Rising 9.98 - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-1627
Dead Rising 2 9.98 - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-1628
Metal Gear Definitive Edition 14.98 - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-1624
Homefront The Revolution 9.94 - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-0110
Ghostbusters 24.98 - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-0347
Disney Fantasia - 9.98 - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-0978
Just Dance 2016 14.98 - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-3738
Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition 9.98 - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-1667
Just Sing 9.98 - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-0383

PS3
*Jak & Daxter Collection 9.98 - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-24-0525

The ones with * did not show up near me on brickseek but they were in store.
Hope this helps.

Two pound bucket of peanut M&M's  055-02-0025  $4.24

You're welcome.

Also a couple of modems and routers are going on clearance...time to up grade my 5yr old modem.

Resident Evil Revelations PS4 $9.98 in some stores.
Grabbed one tonight (even though I already have it on 3DS and PS3). Thanks for the heads up. The store closest to me didn't dump them on the clearance endcap with the others, so they still had four copies sitting together in the middle of the "we don't have room for these in the locked cases anymore" dump endcap.

Also, the last Funko rock candy Lara looked like the box had been dipped in something brown that looked kind of like battery acid. Sweet! :roll:

I was thinking of heading to a couple of Targets, even though Brickseek is listing the Orange 2DS XL as being $149.99, just in case it would scan as $45 (it's out of stock at those locations). Has anyone ever experienced a scanned price with the app to be LESS than it's price listed on Brickseek?

I was thinking of heading to a couple of Targets, even though Brickseek is listing the Orange 2DS XL as being $149.99, just in case it would scan as $45 (it's out of stock at those locations). Has anyone ever experienced a scanned price with the app to be LESS than it's price listed on Brickseek?
Yes. Only because I think Brickseek either bugs out or Target flip flops their prices for whatever Brickseek is sourcing. If you have an Android I recommend gps spoofing to see in-store prices via the Target app. It can take a couple tries.

Has anyone ever had any luck scanning the label of a sold-out product (sometimes the labels are on the inside shelves under where the product would be) and then going to a location where the product is in stock but at full MSRP, show them the app scan (or a phone photo of it) and get Target to match the lower price? Thinking of doing this with the Orange 2DS XL, but Brickseek is showing the $45 sold out locations where I'd have to head to scan the barcode as being about 10 miles away from me. This is obviously a little different from buying the product at full price and then trying to get it reduced after the fact at the lower store.

This is probably a huge YMMV situation but maybe worth a shot. I expect it probably wouldn't work, cause they'd pull up the Target website that shows it's $149.99. Hard to believe they'd give a scan from another store preference, especially when it's sold out there?

Has anyone ever had any luck scanning the label of a sold-out product (sometimes the labels are on the inside shelves under where the product would be) and then going to a location where the product is in stock but at full MSRP, show them the app scan (or a phone photo of it) and get Target to match the lower price? Thinking of doing this with the Orange 2DS XL, but Brickseek is showing the $45 sold out locations where I'd have to head to scan the barcode as being about 10 miles away from me. This is obviously a little different from buying the product at full price and then trying to get it reduced after the fact at the lower store.

This is probably a huge YMMV situation but maybe worth a shot.
That's sleazy scumlord stuff buddy

That's sleazy scumlord stuff buddy
Seriously? I've read far worse tactics from many in here. That's funny. Peeps here have suggested a myriad number of ways to price match. Let's not have the pot calling the kettle black. I'm essentially talking about price matching one Target to another, which is very common. Only difference is the product being sold out, so you get the item number.

Seriously? I've read far worse tactics from many in here. That's funny. Peeps here have suggested a myriad number of ways to price match. Let's not have the pot calling the kettle black. I'm essentially talking about price matching one Target to another, which is very common. Only difference is the product being sold out, so you get the item number.
Dude chill, he probably shouldn't have called you out like that but here's the deal. You are misrepresenting the price at that store by showing a pic or a "faked location" app screen. It is one thing to take advantage of an improperly priced item or a website glitch, it is totally different to fake a screenshot.

Now, that being said, my opinion is if want to walk into target a and tell them target b has an item at this price and ask them to price match a different target, go for it. But trying to pass off fake shit as the actual store price feels a bit icky.

plenty of people on here also don't feel that ripping the stores off is the ethical way to do things, if you didn't catch the deal when it was happening then watch for it to happen again, don't go deceive the store and get some minimum wage employee in trouble for price matching something they shouldn't have

This is probably a huge YMMV situation but maybe worth a shot. I expect it probably wouldn't work, cause they'd pull up the Target website that shows it's $149.99. Hard to believe they'd give a scan from another store preference, especially when it's sold out there?
I don't think that would work. The employees have their own devices that can scan barcodes. If their barccodes read differently, they wont give you the lower price. Also, I've tried something similar a few months ago. They make the excuse that they don't price match clearance prices. Even if the clearance price is from a different store than their own. I'd suggest your best bet would be to buy it full price and take it to the store with the lower price and try to have them price match themselves. YMMV with this however. If you don't think that will work you can always try the change payment type trick.

I don't think that would work. The employees have their own devices that can scan barcodes. If their barccodes read differently, they wont give you the lower price. Also, I've tried something similar a few months ago. They make the excuse that they don't price match clearance prices. Even if the clearance price is from a different store than their own. I'd suggest your best bet would be to buy it full price and take it to the store with the lower price and try to have them price match themselves. YMMV with this however. If you don't think that will work you can always try the change payment type trick.
I can report that not only did it work today, but multiple Target employees I spoke to said stores should absolutely price match the item. So, my little "scummy" idea (as someone else here put it earlier) was completely sound, even by their own standards.

Also, in the store that was selling the OOS $45 2DS where I ventured to first, the manager's handheld scanner showed I could even order ADDITIONAL 2DS's from that store at that same low price to be shipped, even though they were all out. Could only do it while I was in that store though. So yeah, it totally should carry over....and it did, when I went to the 2nd store to price match. However, of course, YMMV. But don't let "out of stock" discourage you, if you're cool with ordering in-store at the same price, for delivery. You should absolutely be able to do that....at least, I was given that option. I just wanted the consoles in my hand today instead of shipping.

FORGOT TO ADD: At the OOS Target, I had tried finding the barcode of the 2DS XL on the shelf where it had been to scan, and an employee reminded me that I just need to look it up on the app when in the store. Must have had a brain fart, cause I should have remembered this. I advise you take snaps of the price with your cell if you want to match elsewhere, cause the app will change price based on your location. I know most veteran peeps in here know this already.

I can report that not only did it work today, but multiple Target employees I spoke to said stores should absolutely price match the item. So, my little "scummy" idea (as someone else here put it earlier) was completely sound, even by their own standards.

Also, in the store that was selling the OOS $45 2DS where I ventured to first, the manager's handheld scanner showed I could even order ADDITIONAL 2DS's from that store at that same low price to be shipped, even though they were all out. Could only do it while I was in that store though. If I left the store, the price would revert back to $149.99 in the app. So yeah, it totally should carry over....and it did, when I went to the 2nd store to price match. However, of course, YMMV. But don't let "out of stock" discourage you, if you're cool with ordering in-store at the same price, for delivery. You should absolutely be able to do that....at least, I was given that option. I just wanted the consoles in my hand today instead of shipping.
I never knew it was a possibility to order in store at the lower price. Wow. You got really lucky. Most Targets I go to look at you like you're an idiot for trying to get a lower price.

I got VERY lucky indeed. I must say that this was an option on the manager's scanner when he looked it up. I asked him if I could have ordered more at that price through him and he said yes. I did NOT try to see if that was an option on my own app, which I regret. I assume it was, as long as I was in that store's vicinity via the app, like I said before. Not fully sure if this was just a manager thing or not. But definitely something to keep in mind for future products. That's ALSO a way to prove to other stores that the item in question was not in "clearance", if it indeed allowed you to order more in the OOS store. Just take a snapshot with your cell. Get all the proof you can.

Added a pic of the scan from the manager, showing the option to order more. It says "in stock" but that just means it's available for Delivery (like it says next to it), not in store. They were out of stock. And hey....free shipping too!

[attachment=30225:TargetScan2.jpg]

This looks to be highly YMMV (and not VG related), but I found this at my local Target today:

[attachment=30223:IMG_8746.JPG]

Struck out on the peanut M&Ms at a local store that supposedly had them in stock. They're usually excellent with their inventory counts, too. All in all, the clearance there was disappointing, and mostly the same stuff that has been on clearance for the last month or two

Worth watching the watch, many stores near me show it at $273.07 which is a ridiculous price but likely on the clearance path.

The different location stunt might as well be tag switching. Very sleazy, no matter how you want to make yourself feel.

Worth watching the watch, many stores near me show it at $273.07 which is a ridiculous price but likely on the clearance path.

The different location stunt might as well be tag switching. Very sleazy, no matter how you want to make yourself feel.
Yeah this guys trying really hard to make it seem like he's not a sleazy piece of shit

Always always always check your item prices with the target app. I got a few of the clearance games like Game of Thrones and Bulletstorm for $5.98 by price matching with app. These items were $9.98 at register. (Yes this was the same location, no switching)

bread's done
Back