Target Clearance Thread XXII

Fack Me!! I was watching the PSVR bundles I had mentioned a couple days ago and the moment they went down to $89.98 they went out of stock!! I'm tempted to order it online for shits and giggles and have it ship to the store that has it at that price and see if they'll price match it, but it's one of the most restrictive of all the targets I've gone to where they're really stingy with their price matching policy. And I hate to hear their spiel of "we don't price match clearance." It's such a copout. Oh well.

If anybody cares, all the Targets seem to be putting the Wrangler jeans on clearance. Every Target I go to has them on clearance in various capacity.
I saw those yesterday when I was in, they were under $10 at that one. Good price for quality, but they didn't have my size. They also had quite a bit of Black Panther stuff on sale (sweat pants, hoodies, shirts) and some other Marvel t-shirts.

I ended up getting a two pair pack of Punisher socks for $2.50 from the "novelty wall" back in electronics. They had a ton of stuff on clearance in that section, seemed like close to half of the stuff. Pokemon socks, a bunch of random keychains and the sets of four drinking glasses. Oh and two or so of those "bootleg Funko" Overwatch figures.

You can just say that the price is cheaper now and they will scan the item / receipt and refund you the difference.
Thanks.
Well it's technically out of stock where I bought it, and I have to bring up the price in the app, and its a 2 hour round trip... not sure if it's even worth trying since I'm not sure if it would pop up in app when in the store being oos.

Well it looks like PS4 RE Revelations has gone to salvage land. As well as most of that list I had posted earlier. I can't believe how much Target has dried up on clearance for games lately.

My Target had the Skyrim PSVR but it was ringing up $244, even though the app showed $105 for this location. Customer Service price matched but was very reluctant, stating they do not price match clearance.

What are the best PSVR games? I’ve heard RE:7 is great with it, but not sure of any others.

CamperinaBush: it was probably scheduled to drop to that lower price the next time that store’s pricing team did the electronics department pricing/clearance, usually on Mondays. The updated pricing gets pushed out to all stores on Tuesdays/Wednesdays, but those new prices aren’t in the local store’s systems until that store’s pricing team does the department update.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the best PSVR games? I’ve heard RE:7 is great with it, but not sure of any others.

CamperinaBush: it was probably scheduled to drop to that lower price the next time that store’s pricing team did the electronics department pricing/clearance, usually on Mondays. The updated pricing gets pushed out to all stores on Tuesdays/Wednesdays, but those new prices aren’t in the local store’s systems until that store’s pricing team does the department update.
Good to know. There were two Doom bundles too, and surprise, they’re now OOS

I found a ton of Stranger Things S1 at Goodwill. :lol:
I believe those sets are Target exclusive. I bought one last Black Friday for $10 and still haven't watched it. I've never had Netflix which is why I bought it, but I have so many things to watch that I've never bothered to open it. That, and I hate that annoying kid from the Verizon Fios commercials. He's a little douche, and I think he's one of the kids on Stranger Things.

Thanks for the drop tip on the Psvr, grabbed the doom bundle. Rang up $200ish but showed them it was $89.98 in the app and they matched in no problem. Now to trade in my V1 headset and Camera from the original bundle I won from Taco Bell to gamestop since the doom bundle has the newer V2 headset.

Also I did see a hyperx could II marked down to $70 and in the app it showed $30. Might go back Monday if they still got them and pick one up

HyperX Cloud is probably the single greatest wired headphones for gaming you can buy. A steal at $30. Good enough to be your everyday music headphones. Built like a tank. And while they don’t isolate outside noise on a bus or something, they don’t leak your audio disturbing the people next to you. And really comfy for such a bulky set.

Found a psvr doom bundle but rang up 200ish, they wouldn’t match the target app price of 89.98...any suggestions on what to do? Tried to get customer service to price match but wouldn’t match clearance prices. Maybe buy it at the 200ish price then return later to see if I can get a price match that way with just the receipt?

God dammit. Found a store that was in stock showing the price and I went there and it was nowhere to be found. Really would love one of those damn bundles - hopefully there are further clearance waves of them in the near future.

Found a psvr doom bundle but rang up 200ish, they wouldn’t match the target app price of 89.98...any suggestions on what to do? Tried to get customer service to price match but wouldn’t match clearance prices. Maybe buy it at the 200ish price then return later to see if I can get a price match that way with just the receipt?
Ask to talk to a manager in regards to matching the app. They should match the app no problem. No, I think price matching with the receipt is too risky if you really want to save $110.

Not really a Target deal, but wanted to post this anyway. If anybody's looking for a smart watch, the Fossil smart watches are going for an extra 15% off at Macys to around $99 for their Black Friday in July sale. I added the 10% rebate offer from Ebates as well so I pretty much got one for $88 which isn't too bad a price for a smart watch I think. Target and almost every other retailer is selling them at $116 or $116.25.

Also, I managed to snag a nice Project 62 full/queen size acrylic blanket at 50% off for $19.98. 062-02-0754

How do you guys get the Target app to display in-store prices? Brickseek showed the Doom VFR bundle for 89.98 but I went to check the store and it's still $200+, and the app will only display online prices.

How do you guys get the Target app to display in-store prices? Brickseek showed the Doom VFR bundle for 89.98 but I went to check the store and it's still $200+, and the app will only display online prices.
After you’re in a store, open the app. At the top it’ll say searching in store stock of X store you’re in and all the prices will reflect whatever the store prices are. So when I walked in to the store yesterday I opened up the app and searched playstation VR. and the doom bundle came up as $89.98 which told me 1. They’re stock says they have one because if it was sold out it wouldn’t come up at all and 2. It should be marked down to 89.98. Then I proceeded to have them check the price and it came up $200 and that’s when I showed them the app is saying that said store has it for 89.98. Now you can add to cart in the app but it will go to full price of targets website so don’t try showing them an in cart price.

The first thing they did was check the site, saw it was full price and then I said it’s in the app along with an employee saying they also searched it on the app to see 89.98. And sure enough the manager did and matched it

I'm in the store right now, but it never says anything about the in store prices or updating with in store stock levels. Just always displays the online prices. I'm connected to the in store WiFi and I have location services on. No idea what's up

Maybe that's the price in store or they don't have it in store, Brickseek isn't a source of truth
...I was in the store looking at it, and it was on clearance, just not as low as Brickseek showed. This is why I came in the thread asking for tips to make the app show store pricing...

...I was in the store looking at it, and it was on clearance, just not as low as Brickseek showed. This is why I came in the thread asking for tips to make the app show store pricing...
So when you first open the app in the store, it doesn’t have a switch on/off little tab at the top with in stock at X store you’re in? I wish I would’ve screenshot it when I was in the store to show you, if I go back tomorrow for the cloud II I’ll take screen shots of how it looks in my app

So when you first open the app in the store, it doesn’t have a switch on/off little tab at the top with in stock at X store you’re in? I wish I would’ve screenshot it when I was in the store to show you, if I go back tomorrow for the cloud II I’ll take screen shots of how it looks in my app
Yeah if you don’t have this like stated above on the appmake sure it’s uo to date and also I think you have to ha e it allowing location showing for the app turned on or it doesn’t show the store prices. Also scan the item with the app once it’s showing the store your in an it’ll show the price for that store

You could have just asked an employee if they could scan it with their phone or the zebra scanner. Both should have the same price assuming that their phone would be using the store's wifi.

Target clearance newb here. i know its all probably ymmv, but all the psvr around here in WI are still around $350 on brickseek. What are the odds they will get marked down here and when/how often should i be monitoring them? thanks for any advice.

Nope, didn't have that. If anything, I feel like the store had that feature turned off if that's possible, likely because they know it's inaccurate.

You could have just asked an employee if they could scan it with their phone or the zebra scanner. Both should have the same price assuming that their phone would be using the store's wifi.
No one was around, and I'd exhausted all the time I had trying to get it to work and troubleshoot via this thread. And even if I'd found someone, I highly doubt they would price match it if I couldn't even replicate it myself.

Polaroid instant camera originals - white DPCI: 056-10-0336

Seeing for $60 and $35 but sold out around me

Accessories and apparel (shirts, cups, posters, chess sets, etc) are at 70% at many stores. All these things should be in the gaming isle next to the Nintendo stuff. You'll find pre-order bonuses, overwatch statues, Zelda chess set, etc.

Target clearance newb here. i know its all probably ymmv, but all the psvr around here in WI are still around $350 on brickseek. What are the odds they will get marked down here and when/how often should i be monitoring them? thanks for any advice.
It's pretty ymmv unfortunately, the free accounts only give you a couple times a week checks, local flippers could beat you to it. I'd check daily or buy the higher level BS, it's still very ymmv on if they drop

I think a employee is buying these clearance because when this info. Was first posted, I was already inside a target and check bs and already said oss. There is rare chance that the item maybe in stock even if bs says oos. This falls under those yellow online returns

I think a employee is buying these clearance because when this info. Was first posted, I was already inside a target and check bs and already said oss. There is rare chance that the item maybe in stock even if bs says oos. This falls under those yellow online returns

You were in the store and it showed OOS but did you see it in the store at all? Could it be that it was already OOS at the store before the price dropped?

I'm sure some employees are grabbing things, but not gonna get mad at minimum wage retail employees for getting theirs

buddy of mine scored 2 doom bundles for us for $89 each in the st louis area. im pretty pumped. never tried any modern vr before. what are best games? im thinking of getting skyrim and re7 to start.

bread's done
Back