Target Clearance Thread XXII

buddy of mine scored 2 doom bundles for us for $89 each in the st louis area. im pretty pumped. never tried any modern vr before. what are best games? im thinking of getting skyrim and re7 to start.
I just jumped into VR too. Loving Doom and Moss.

I need more platformers like Moss.

Went to grab my target super discount order from the glitch last night and was able to snag mercy and tracer nendoroids for $15 each and a Zelda chess set for $24

Huh were the nenderoids clearance priced or did it add the discount into them
Im sorry my post wasnt very clear. my discount order was for a pair of sony wireless earbuds. while in the store I found the nendoroids and chess set and just picked them up. both nendoroids were actually $25 initially and the chess set $40 but I saw the woman doing price changes for clearance and asked her if she could scan them, she did, changed the prices to the bigger discount and said it was my lucky day

$25 is still a good price on those, will have to look them up
here you go. they had mei too but she was full price

207-04-0268

207-04-1576

and chess set for anyone curious 207-04-1569

I also checked for the Cloud II headsets they had marked at $70 since I'm sure they would have knocked them to $30 but they must've sold both of them yesterday. Should've just grabbed one saturday night but hey, can't win em all!

Last edited by a moderator:
here you go. they had mei too but she was full price

207-04-0268
207-04-1576

and chess set for anyone curious 207-04-1569

I also checked for the Cloud II headsets they had marked at $70 since I'm sure they would have knocked them to $30 but they must've sold both of them yesterday. Should've just grabbed one saturday night but hey, can't win em all!
Thanks no discounts here based on bs, might dip by just to check though

The sub $200 X1Xs at Target last night were your best bet.
tenor.gif

I think Rakuten has/had a deal on X1X for $400 but I'm not 100%. They were running a sitewide 20% off coupon but that may be done now. Think the code was SAVE20.

It’s been $400 a few times via reliable sellers on E-Bay also if I recall correctly, but that also might included a percentage off coupon being active.

I didn't know about all the stacking, I just knew of doing 3 at once so I just casually browsed and got distracted and never came back... then this morning I saw it was really like 7 promos stacking and I started kicking my dog out of anger

the little s#!thead deserved it

98lEuUY.jpg

I didn't know about all the stacking, I just knew of doing 3 at once so I just casually browsed and got distracted and never came back... then this morning I saw it was really like 7 promos stacking and I started kicking my dog out of anger

the little s#!thead deserved it

98lEuUY.jpg

You can just say that the price is cheaper now and they will scan the item / receipt and refund you the difference.
Thanks again. I tried it today with just the receipt. They were only slightly hesitant.

Anyone else notice the redcard taking more than 5% sometimes?

My skyrim bundle discounted 17.~ off when it was 175 and 10.~ today with a 105 price. Thought it was taking it off msrp, but not quite.

I went to Best Buy yesterday during my lunch and I forgot yesterday was prime day so I tried price matching Darkest Dungeon on Amazon who had it for $11.50 and BB had it for $29.99. No dice. Okay that's fine I thought. I then tried price matching Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection for the $11.98 price on Target and Watch Dogs for the $5.98 price. I go to Customer Service and she asks me who had it at a lower price. I tell her "the Target that's right next door" (there's a target right next to the Best Buy). I tell her she can call them to confirm the price. She says they don't call stores. And I'm like "you serious?". She asks me if there's an ad or something and I tell her individual stores dont print out their own ads and since the lower prices dont appear online I can't ask her to just look up the price. "Well I need some sort of proof." She says. "Well calling them would get you the proof." I tell her. "Yeah but I need something I can see." She retorts. I had never had this happen before at a Best Buy. In the event where I tell them I wanted to price match a store, they always called that store to confirm. I tell her this and she replies saying "policy changes all the time, tomorrow it could be different, next week, next month." And I'm just thinking. Why? Who does this? How do you intend to attract customers to your store if you keep finding a way to make it harder for them to come back to shop again? No employee should be saying this to their customers, this just makes them distrust a store's policy. Why buy at their store if I don't have the reassurance that their policies will stay the same in case I need something? Why even tell me this in the first place?!! You're not supposed to say that to customers!! I understood TRU and Target not doing this because they had never done that, but I always assumed BB would continue to provide this service.

I went to Best Buy yesterday during my lunch and I forgot yesterday was prime day so I tried price matching Darkest Dungeon on Amazon who had it for $11.50 and BB had it for $29.99. No dice. Okay that's fine I thought. I then tried price matching Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection for the $11.98 price on Target and Watch Dogs for the $5.98 price. I go to Customer Service and she asks me who had it at a lower price. I tell her "the Target that's right next door" (there's a target right next to the Best Buy). I tell her she can call them to confirm the price. She says they don't call stores. And I'm like "you serious?". She asks me if there's an ad or something and I tell her individual stores dont print out their own ads and since the lower prices dont appear online I can't ask her to just look up the price. "Well I need some sort of proof." She says. "Well calling them would get you the proof." I tell her. "Yeah but I need something I can see." She retorts. I had never had this happen before at a Best Buy. In the event where I tell them I wanted to price match a store, they always called that store to confirm. I tell her this and she replies saying "policy changes all the time, tomorrow it could be different, next week, next month." And I'm just thinking. Why? Who does this? How do you intend to attract customers to your store if you keep finding a way to make it harder for them to come back to shop again? No employee should be saying this to their customers, this just makes them distrust a store's policy. Why buy at their store if I don't have the reassurance that their policies will stay the same in case I need something? Why even tell me this in the first place?!! You're not supposed to say that to customers!! I understood TRU and Target not doing this because they had never done that, but I always assumed BB would continue to provide this service.
That's the way price matching works at BB and she's just doing her job. They will check the online price of a local retail competitor or someone else from the approved list. They will also match printed ads. They don't call stores. It's basically whatever another retailer advertises online. And yes, Price Matching policy does change all the time. Best Buy corporate started cracking down on it about six months ago because people were abusing the system. So come in with an item page on your phone or a Sunday ad if you want them to PM. They will also look it up to verify.

Target has a whole iPad system in place for this now, where the tablet is configured to look SKUs/UPCs up at other stores automatically. The price that it spits back at them is all they are allowed to offer.

It doesn't really matter what any other store has for a shelf price.

I would have just went to the Target and bought it there with the additional 5% with the Target Red Card. But I know, you might not have the Red Card or you wanted to earn/use reward points at Best Buy.

The first part, they're wrong for not matching Amazon's Darkest dungeon.

Second part, they did exactly as PM policy outlined. You need physical ad/webpage for them to see, calling alone won't cut it.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

The first part, they're wrong for not matching Amazon's Darkest dungeon.

Second part, they did exactly as PM policy outlined. You need physical ad/webpage for them to see, calling alone won't cut it.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
They said they didn't price match Amazon because of Prime Day.

Entitlement
Well you're trying to price match a clearance price which isn't allowed so I don't know what you're going on about.

Edit: Also if that Amazon price was only available to people with prime (because it was Prime day I'm assuming this) that is also not allowed to the people saying they should have pm'd it because you can't get membership prices at Best Buy.

As others have said, they don't price match clearance prices from other stores. All stores (not just BB) PM stores based on a printed ad, website ad, or website price that they can verify. No store has a policy to call a store and that's usually something an associate will do to verify a deal they aren't sure about but they do not need to call. The items you were trying to PM were clearance prices and wouldn't have been price matched either way.

Also, a store's policy can be different from the online policy you see. An individual store can change or deny any price match for any reason regardless of policy.

I'm sorry but I really don't understand the hate for the deal.

Romeo, you're very helpful with the GS penny guide drops, but we all know full well that we're not doing the right thing by getting penny guides. Guides are pennied out for a reason, because the manufacturer wants the guides removed and destroyed. We take advantage of this to our benefit and tend to get them from unsuspecting or generous employees. In the end, we're gaming the system.

This website has been reporting glitches where we "game the system" for years. I type this on my $100 Galaxy 8. I have the free COD Ghosts Prestige Edition from GCU several years ago, and I have several penny guides, some of which you pointed out as pennied.

Everyone has a different sense of morality but I don't think it makes sense to critique people for taking advantage of one glitch all the while taking advantage of another one.

Maybe my moral compass is lacking. If there is a hell, I probably will go there, for gaming the system. But then again I'm not religious

Romeo, you're very helpful with the GS penny guide drops, but we all know full well that we're not doing the right thing by getting penny guides. Guides are pennied out for a reason, because the manufacturer wants the guides removed and destroyed. We take advantage of this to our benefit and tend to get them from unsuspecting or generous employees. In the end, we're gaming the system. Everyone has a different sense of morality but I don't think it makes sense to critique people for taking advantage of one glitch all the while taking advantage of another one.
Don’t feel one way or the other about the glitch the other night, but comparing getting free game guides that are getting thrown in the dumpster to getting regular priced high dollar merch at 60 to 70% discount through manipulation of coupons isn’t in the same ballpark. It’s not even the same sport.

Don’t feel one way or the other about the glitch the other night, but comparing getting free game guides that are getting thrown in the dumpster to getting regular priced high dollar merch at 60 to 70% discount through manipulation of coupons isn’t in the same ballpark. It’s not even the same sport.
i feel you on the comparison isn't the same, but don't feel you on the usage of "manipulation". there wasn't a manipulation of coupons. Those coupons were legit from target themselves and the system allowed for multiple codes/discounts. it's just like if you used a $10 off coupon you got in the mail with your 15% baby registry coupon.

if anything, the only thing that would be considered manipulation is if you got any of the exclusion items like apple products since they weren't technically supposed to work on those.

I don’t feel bad about the glitch at all! With the exception of some west coast stores they had 8+ hours to cancel orders and they didn’t, hell 12 hours after the glitch started they even started shipping out most items, they still haven’t canceled preordered items.
These types of situations happen pretty often but most of the time orders are cancelled, and they had every opportunity to cancel things and didn’t, this is on them 100%.

That glitch has had a beneficial effect for me in that each time I look at an expensive item, I'm remorseful that I didn't think to use my coupons on it to get it dirt cheap. It's effectively conditioned me to reject spending money lol.

That glitch has had a beneficial effect for me in that each time I look at an expensive item, I'm remorseful that I didn't think to use my coupons on it to get it dirt cheap. It's effectively conditioned me to reject spending money lol.
This is exactly how I feel now lol

Romeo, you're very helpful with the GS penny guide drops, but we all know full well that we're not doing the right thing by getting penny guides. Guides are pennied out for a reason, because the manufacturer wants the guides removed and destroyed. We take advantage of this to our benefit and tend to get them from unsuspecting or generous employees. In the end, we're gaming the system.

This website has been reporting glitches where we "game the system" for years. I type this on my $100 Galaxy 8. I have the free COD Ghosts Prestige Edition from GCU several years ago, and I have several penny guides, some of which you pointed out as pennied.

Everyone has a different sense of morality but I don't think it makes sense to critique people for taking advantage of one glitch all the while taking advantage of another one.

Maybe my moral compass is lacking. If there is a hell, I probably will go there, for gaming the system. But then again I'm not religious

I get where you're coming from. Regarding guides, the stores I get them from have DMs and GMs that take them themselves. There is no 'gray area' or misinformation, or using a known glitch. Taking a 'penny guide' does not cost the company thousands in losses. Many stores are instructed to 'field destroy' items. Instead of throwing out a good product, employees are allowed to take a guide. Reselling is absolutely forbidden and is a fireable offense.

I appreciate the reply, thoughtful posts are enjoyable for me. I just don't see a correlation between taking a 'free guide' that is non sellable and intentionally duping a retail of hundreds/thousands of dollars from a website glitch.

I get where you're coming from. Regarding guides, the stores I get them from have DMs and GMs that take them themselves. There is no 'gray area' or misinformation, or using a known glitch. Taking a 'penny guide' does not cost the company thousands in losses. Many stores are instructed to 'field destroy' items. Instead of throwing out a good product, employees are allowed to take a guide. Reselling is absolutely forbidden and is a fireable offense.

I appreciate the reply, thoughtful posts are enjoyable for me. I just don't see a correlation between taking a 'free guide' that is non sellable and intentionally duping a retail of hundreds/thousands of dollars from a website glitch.
When I worked at GS, both taking pennied out items or selling them to customers was strictly forbidden and a fireable offense. I know managers who were severely reprimanded for letting their employees take them home as well. The company doesn't want anyone getting free stuff and not field destroying them, as stupid as that is, is still basically stealing in their eyes. Maybe it's different now but that's how it was a few years ago.

When I worked at GS, both taking pennied out items or selling them to customers was strictly forbidden and a fireable offense. I know managers who were severely reprimanded for letting their employees take them home as well. The company doesn't want anyone getting free stuff and not field destroying them, as stupid as that is, is still basically stealing in their eyes. Maybe it's different now but that's how it was a few years ago.

From my experience it is totally regional and per DM. Some areas claim they send back, some state field destroy.

From my experience it is totally regional and per DM. Some areas claim they send back, some state field destroy.
That's interesting. Our region was hardcore about ripping them into pieces rather than letting anyone have them. Apparently that wasn't enough and they started pulling them and shipping them back to the warehouse when they pennied out, which is what they still do I think. I've never even seen a pennied guide still on the shelf around here.

Pretty sure the publisher expects them field destroyed for them to get the credit. Every retail job I ever worked we had to destroy penny things with a box cutter or some other measure because the distributor didn't want them floating around.

That wasn't a deal, it was borderline fraud.
When I do a search on Xbox One X on BS for Target, all that comes up is the Scorpio edition and I think that one has been OOS for a very long time. Even just doing a search for Xbox alone, I scroll through all of them and there are no X's...just S's. Unless ya'll are talking about the Target website. I just use BS usually.

When I do a search on Xbox One X on BS for Target, all that comes up is the Scorpio edition and I think that one has been OOS for a very long time. Even just doing a search for Xbox alone, I scroll through all of them and there are no X's...just S's. Unless ya'll are talking about the Target website. I just use BS usually.
There are no X1Xs because slickdealers got 12 each for $3.50 lol

bread's done
Back