Target Clearance Thread XXII

If anybody cares some of the Theshold and Fieldcrest washclothes and hand towels are showing up full price on Brickseek and on the tags and registers, but if you scan them on the MC40 they come up as 70% off. At least this is true at the store I regularly go to.

If anybody cares some of the Theshold and Fieldcrest washclothes and hand towels are showing up full price on Brickseek and on the tags and registers, but if you scan them on the MC40 they come up as 70% off. At least this is true at the store I regularly go to.
Bath towels too? know any DPCIs?

My Target had a slew of online orders in the clearance section. A decent number of Criterion and Arrow Blu-Rays, but they were priced around $18-$30 which aren't bad prices, but being a cheap ass I am holding out for further drops. Would love to scoop some of them up for $10 or less!

My Target had a slew of online orders in the clearance section. A decent number of Criterion and Arrow Blu-Rays, but they were priced around $18-$30 which aren't bad prices, but being a cheap ass I am holding out for further drops. Would love to scoop some of them up for $10 or less!
Most online returns are marked AS IS or REPACKAGE which means they won't drop in price. Only things marked Clearance drop further.

Most online returns are marked AS IS or REPACKAGE which means they won't drop in price. Only things marked Clearance drop further.
Except you missed the part where I said they were in the CLEARANCE section. They are all marked with clearance stickers, They were all a little cheaper than they sell for online Most of them were around $18.42. They were definitely online orders though because my Target does not typically carry Criterion and Arrow releases in store or stuff like Robocop 3.

Except you missed the part where I said they were in the CLEARANCE section. They are all marked with clearance stickers, They were all a little cheaper than they sell for online Most of them were around $18.42. They were definitely online orders though because my Target does not typically carry Criterion and Arrow releases in store or stuff like Robocop 3.
Yeah, I didnt miss what you wrote. AS IS and REPACKAGE are also kept in the clearance section. Clearly just a misunderstanding. If they weren't marked Clearance then I was just trying to help. They are, so that's great for you.

I finally scored a PS VR bundle last night for $89.98.

20180725_093002.jpg

Have many people been finding these?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I didnt miss what you wrote. AS IS and REPACKAGE are also kept in the clearance section. Clearly just a misunderstanding. If they weren't marked Clearance then I was just trying to help. They are, so that's great for you.
This may be a bit of a surprise to you, but not all Target stores operate the same way. The one I frequent separates these things and only put clearance items in the clearance section. The Repackage stuff they keep next to the DropMix bundles they will never sell until they move them to the clearance section.

There were a few Targets in the Twin Cities that had both bundles reduced to around $100. The last one that had it in-stock finally shows OOS as of this morning. It was showing in-stock at $90 for a little over a week on BrickSeek, but last time I was in the store, it showed at $209.

20180725_093002.jpg

Only one distant store out of many targets around me even had a slight markdown at first.

I found the doom bundle initially for 209. Then when I went back to try and get it for 150 price drop, they had a Skyrim for 175 that someone had returned. THEN I got a post price adjustment when it dropped to 105 even though it was OOS in store. Absolutely my deal of the year. Used up all my luck on this one. :)

There were a few Targets in the Twin Cities that had both bundles reduced to around $100. The last one that had it in-stock finally shows OOS as of this morning. It was showing in-stock at $90 for a little over a week on BrickSeek, but last time I was in the store, it showed at $209.
Yup, that's what I did yesterday. I visited five targets in Minneapolis (did you know I was here when you said that?). Ridgedale is all sold out even though they were showing 2. I finally bought the very last one at Medina.

Yup, that's what I did yesterday. I visited five targets in Minneapolis (did you know I was here when you said that?). Ridgedale is all sold out even though they were showing 2. I finally bought the very last one at Medina.
lol, small world. When did you buy that last unit in Medina?

This may be a bit of a surprise to you, but not all Target stores operate the same way. The one I frequent separates these things and only put clearance items in the clearance section. The Repackage stuff they keep next to the DropMix bundles they will never sell until they move them to the clearance section.
All of the Targets I frequent operate the same way TheGuido's does - they put all the "Online Return" and "As-Is" and "Repackaged" items in the CLEARANCE section with the normal clearance stuff. They also never lower the prices on those non clearance items. Heck, the same PS4 driving game has been in that section for over a year because they refuse to lower it from the $34.98 price the "Online return" was stickered with. But if your Target does lower the price of online return stuff just because they are in the clearance section then best of luck to you in getting that stuff when it lowers. It never happens in the Targets I frequent, even if they are in the CLEARANCE section.

All the Targets around me show the normal price for the VR units. One day this crap area will decide to clearance them out and I'll miss it as always.

All the Targets around me show the normal price for the VR units. One day this crap area will decide to clearance them out and I'll miss it as always.
Yeah no drops around me, are these bundles the V2 headset? I'd probably use psvr a lot more if I had a v2 connection box so I didnt have to move cables around

All of the Targets I frequent operate the same way TheGuido's does - they put all the "Online Return" and "As-Is" and "Repackaged" items in the CLEARANCE section with the normal clearance stuff. They also never lower the prices on those non clearance items. Heck, the same PS4 driving game has been in that section for over a year because they refuse to lower it from the $34.98 price the "Online return" was stickered with. But if your Target does lower the price of online return stuff just because they are in the clearance section then best of luck to you in getting that stuff when it lowers. It never happens in the Targets I frequent, even if they are in the CLEARANCE section.
I've only recently noticed mine doing this. They had an online return of the Bloodthirsty Trilogy Arrow release that went from $19.99 to $10.98 and I picked that up and last weekend they seemed to have dug out a treasure trove of these movies from the back and put them all in the clearance section. I barely live a mile away from this Target so I will be stopping in on Friday and picking a few of those movies up regardless , but I hope they drop the price on some before then.

My Target is remodeling so hopefully they decide to clearance out some games. It's weird too because they have some shelves and the fitbits in the mens clothing aisles.

Too bad their PSVR bundles are OOS tho because they went down to $90.

The AA4 Duracell 4 pk of batteries at that store is 70% off right now. Regular price $4.99 down to $1.48 008 08 1053

Last edited by a moderator:
Only two stores around me had the VR bundles marked down to $90, but of course, they are both out of stock. I have a launch PSVR, but would love to upgrade to the newer model for $90 considering I could sell my original and the extras pretty easily. 

I did not realize you were in the Twin Cities. Interesting coincidence.

I saw Medina show stock, but BS showed OOS about a week and half ago.

I already had a Skyrim bundle, so didn't go after any. It would have been nice to save $200 on the bundle, but at least I saved $200 on my PS4 Pro, so it evens out.

I already had a Skyrim bundle, so didn't go after any. It would have been nice to save $200 on the bundle, but at least I saved $200 on my PS4 Pro, so it evens out.
Stay out of my Medina Target! :twoguns:

I've only recently noticed mine doing this. They had an online return of the Bloodthirsty Trilogy Arrow release that went from $19.99 to $10.98 and I picked that up and last weekend they seemed to have dug out a treasure trove of these movies from the back and put them all in the clearance section. I barely live a mile away from this Target so I will be stopping in on Friday and picking a few of those movies up regardless , but I hope they drop the price on some before then.
That's a pretty awesome price on the Bloodthirsty Trilogy!

im still waiting for an update on the the target refusing to sell at low price and wanting to raise the price instead guy.  I gotta know what happens next.  

That's a pretty awesome price on the Bloodthirsty Trilogy!
I was stoked to get it for such a good price. Hoping they do the same with the massive amount of movies they have in the clearance section now. I plan on stopping in tomorrow at some point and I'll take a picture if they still have as many movies as they did last week.

WOAH!!! Update:

"I have been contacted from the team at your Target. They were able to look into this further. They let me know that they can confirm the situation you were in, and ensured that they will be coaching all the team members to better assist guests when a pricing concern like this arises in the future. Because they don't have the item in stock, I feel I will be better suited to ensure this gets resolved for you.

I would like to honor this price for you. To do so, I invite you to place your order on Target.com for the PlayStation VR DOOM VFR Bundle. When you place this order, I can go back and retroactively adjust the item price to match the $89.98 you had hoped for."

Target is the greatest store in the world.

I would like to honor this price for you. To do so, I invite you to place your order on Target.com for the PlayStation VR DOOM VFR Bundle. When you place this order, I can go back and retroactively adjust the item price to match the $89.98 you had hoped for."
Sweeeeeeet! Wish all our escapades resulted in this resolution. What a wonderful world this would be....

WOAH!!! Update:

"I have been contacted from the team at your Target. They were able to look into this further. They let me know that they can confirm the situation you were in, and ensured that they will be coaching all the team members to better assist guests when a pricing concern like this arises in the future. Because they don't have the item in stock, I feel I will be better suited to ensure this gets resolved for you.

Target is the greatest store in the world.
Wow
I've checked this thread multiple times daily for updates on this. Thats pretty sweet. Id really like to know what their conversation sounds like with those guys

Sweeeeeeet! Wish all our escapades resulted in this resolution. What a wonderful world this would be....
As do I...of course, Target would quickly go out of business.

Anyone happen to know if RE7 Gold Edition has the VR mode and whatnot? Or do I have to get the one labeled VR mode specifically. Thanks in advance!

I accidentally posted this in the walmart thread:

I had ordered online two more 4TB hard drives to pickup in the store that has them at $35.98. When the girl brought them to the front, one of the boxes was unwrapped and opened. I grabbed both and also noticed it was lighter than the sealed one. Ended up doing a return/rebuy to get the lower price anyway and ended up only keeping the sealed one, so I'll have to end up doing this all over again to get that third hard drive.

Also, congratualtions on your issue getting resolves and getting that lower price man!

Jeez, how many of us lurking in this thread are from the Twin Cities? I mean, makes sense being the land of Target and all.

Went to a store that showed In stock for PSVR Doom bundle for $89.98...both on Brickseek and on Target.com. No luck...guy even pulled it up on his PDA and showed me that their inventory had 0. Bummer...

As far as actual video game clearance, after that initial xbox one game clearance 2 months ago seems to be dry at the moment

My store still has zero video game clearance, and it's been this way for almost two months now. I don't know what happened. People finding the deals on Skylanders and the VR headsets are really lucky.

I went to half a dozen stores in Orange and Los Angeles County and in all of them save for one had no Discontinued games or any games on clearance. Multiple employees at these stores told me they get rid of them. At the one store, they told me they had a bunch of games in the back. BS said they had the Hitman season 1 steelbook for $14.98. They checked to see and they sold me the last one they had. Some stores have Shoe Polishing Kits for between $4.78 and $7.98 too. https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=044-15-1471

bread's done
Back