Target Clearance Thread XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure you will see about 3/4ths of that stack in a Goodwill near you shortly.
So you say, but in over 4 years of thrifting at GW, I can count on one hand the amount of stuff that was from a nearby Target, and even those might have been donations from people who bought it at Target first, then donated it. I don't think my Targets donate to the GW. It sure would be great if they did.

So you say, but in over 4 years of thrifting at GW, I can count on one hand the amount of stuff that was from a nearby Target, and even those might have been donations from people who bought it at Target first, then donated it. I don't think my Targets donate to the GW. It sure would be great if they did.
I routinely see multiple new items with Target clearance stickers at some of the local Goodwills. Many in the same quantities as that Agents of Mayhem just posted. It could be regional what each Target decides to do with the items they are trashing, though (I'm in the mid-Atlantic by the way).

The electronics associate put it in a plastic case for me to take to guest services. It came out fine.
Just to reiterate, anything put in the end cap coffin will be dented. The steelbooks with slipcover such as from Ubisoft will look fine on the outside. When you take the slip off, the lower back bottom of the steelbook will have ‘bite’ marks. Even plastic cased games gave the marks in the same spot and in the cover.

What's the deal with brickseek?  I was searching through the Dualshocks and ran across the Magma Red that says 91% discounted, but all the stores in the search show full price.  So my area is the only place that has them full price or is Brickseek just that messed up?

Edit:

Never mind, just saw that they consider MSRP $64.99 and they're all priced $59.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a pair of Bluetooth SkullCandy Hesh 3 headphones on clearance from $129.99 for $38.98 008 07 0731 Charging now will let you know how good they are, but I was needing a pair of headphones and these will more than fit the bill.

Some bastards bought up all five of the Fire TV 4Ks from the Target down the street from me yesterday. Glad I grabbed one at $48.98 on Saturday, but I was hoping for another drop.

Huh, seems my Target got restocked yesterday with the Midnight Blue and sure enough, they had 2. Grabbed one to replace my basic black one that came with the system. Good shit.

I don't understand this Target PS4 controllers clearance thing.  My Targets have all sorts of PS4 controllers for the last four weeks including some of the ones mentioned.  They are all at regular prices and none of them hit clearance anywhere.  Can someone briefly explain what the deal is? thanks in advance. 

I don't understand this Target PS4 controllers clearance thing. My Targets have all sorts of PS4 controllers for the last four weeks including some of the ones mentioned. They are all at regular prices and none of them hit clearance anywhere. Can someone briefly explain what the deal is? thanks in advance.
Just like all stores, clearance pricing is not done for all stores. It is a store by store basis whether prices will drop. Usually depends on if an item is selling, if a store needs to clear stock to add room for other items or if the item is even in stock (if it's OOS there is no need to drop prices). It's all YMMV despite prices dropping nationwide at multiple stores.

Will this work if you order one from target.com or does it need to be from another b&m store?
I’ve done this before on a Seagate 4TB HD after reading on CAG that a dude had some success doing so but then he later added that he tried to do it again & was denied the lower clearance price. So it’s possible but YMMV.

Huh, seems my Target got restocked yesterday with the Midnight Blue and sure enough, they had 2. Grabbed one to replace my basic black one that came with the system. Good shit.
Thanks for the heads up! I just grabbed one. Still some left for $19.XX at all my local targets.

My local store also got a restock of Midnight Blue. Grabbed one as a backup since my current controller is on its way out. Thanks thread for keeping this deal updated ^^

Btw, BS showed limited stock, but these were not out on the floor at my store. I asked an employee to check his stock, but he refused saying they don't carry these anymore. I asked again to please check anyway, and he got someone else to do it. Ten minutes later they found them in the back. Employee scanned it, said "wow, what a deal", and asked his friend how many they have. They had two, so he asked if they should put the other one on the floor. The employee replied "no, I'm taking that one for myself." You're welcome reluctant-to-help Target employee.

Just like all stores, clearance pricing is not done for all stores. It is a store by store basis whether prices will drop. Usually depends on if an item is selling, if a store needs to clear stock to add room for other items or if the item is even in stock (if it's OOS there is no need to drop prices). It's all YMMV despite prices dropping nationwide at multiple stores.
Selling like that XB1 controller that's been at my store forever, literally collecting dust...that they refuse to clearance? Same with the two volcano controllers...haha. Sometimes there's no explanation.

Just wanted to throw a "thank you" out there for the folks that pointed out some of the clearance games last week. Wound up picking up a couple of cheap games that look interesting I would have probably never even realized had a physical disc release otherwise. 

I'm aware of that. I'm asking which controllers are clearanced? Are there different DPCI's for the clearance ones?

Would have liked the steel black over the midnight blue I picked up last week. 

Does anyone know, if stores were restocked, would brickseek show inventory? Every store for wide areas ALL show out of stock for both controllers.

Would have liked the steel black over the midnight blue I picked up last week.

Does anyone know, if stores were restocked, would brickseek show inventory? Every store for wide areas ALL show out of stock for both controllers.
BS shows inventory for the Steel Black DS4 in Morgantown, West Virginia (zip code 26501). No idea if it’s accurate or not, but Target’s website is also showing it as in stock there.

they were restocked at clearance prices nationally
Thanks for posting this! I was able to get two Midnight Blue PS4 Controllers. I was also able to snag a wireless charge for my desk $22.xx.

DPCI 080-08-8588
d5797fd5ecd85204939bb14d200b4312.jpg

Edit: I'm taking the wireless charger back. It's not worth it. I currently have two Samsung Wireless chargers that my fiance and I use.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I’ve done this before on a Seagate 4TB HD after reading on CAG that a dude had some success doing so but then he later added that he tried to do it again & was denied the lower clearance price. So it’s possible but YMMV.
Yup that was me. I bought three hard drives. Worked for 2, was denied the third time. Might do it again with the 6TB one too.

My store restocked the midnight Dualshock 4 again (they restocked this past weekend), guy said his device said 2 on hand, but he can only find 1, good enough for me.

My store restocked the midnight Dualshock 4 again (they restocked this past weekend), guy said his device said 2 on hand, but he can only find 1, good enough for me.

Can anyone confirm if brickseek updates this restock? I checked dozens of stores on BS and all say out of stock.

Can anyone confirm if brickseek updates this restock? I checked dozens of stores on BS and all say out of stock.
Yes because I checked last time and all stores were "out of stock" near me and just checked today with a few now saying "in stock".

Yup, "In Stock %" been fluctuating up and down, last weekend I noticed it was at 12% , yesterday down to 7%, this morning it up to 11%. Restock is real, however 5% is a small number.

This is a weird phenomenom however, I don't think I ever seen clearance sold out and they keep on restocking.

If anyone could grab a controller for me id appreciate it :)

I know people who have done it in the past thought it be worth a shot to ask
A lot of stores in my area all got more restocks, but unfortunately not my local one. Someone here probably has one local they can grab, but if not; I can try if I'm ever near one of those stores.

A lot of stores in my area all got more restocks, but unfortunately not my local one. Someone here probably has one local they can grab, but if not; I can try if I'm ever near one of those stores.
Appreciate it, I went to check stores near me and people have already bought everything up out here unfortunately.

This is a weird phenomenom however, I don't think I ever seen clearance sold out and they keep on restocking.
I think it is an unintentional issue. I, along with probably Target, never expected this color to be produced long term. So they clearanced what was left. But I noticed something on these restocks. They all have the updated packaging. Previously DS4s had the clear plastic shaped to the controller itself but on these new ones (along with the other brand new colors like the orange/blue one) they all just have boxy clear plastic over the controller. So clearly this is from a brand new production run and not old stock. At some point I presume Target will realize their error and correct it. But who knows.

I think it is an unintentional issue. I, along with probably Target, never expected this color to be produced long term. So they clearanced what was left. But I noticed something on these restocks. They all have the updated packaging. Previously DS4s had the clear plastic shaped to the controller itself but on these new ones (along with the other brand new colors like the orange/blue one) they all just have boxy clear plastic over the controller. So clearly this is from a brand new production run and not old stock. At some point I presume Target will realize their error and correct it. But who knows.
I assumed they were just being cleared out to make shelf space for those new colors. Stores got cleared out here pretty quick on the restocks. One store I went to had 4 people walk up combing through the controller area trying to find them while I was checking some dpci's on collectibles

Still shows the Elite controller OOS at my store and full price.  Nope...yeah, no they definitely have one there and has been so long that there's a thick layer of dust on it.  Then shows Ocean Shadow as discounted but also OOS but don't recall seeing that there at all.  Grrr, oh well.

If anybody finds any of the Minecraft ones (don't care which) or any of the other ones super cheap and doesn't need/want it...name a price and I'd probably be interested.

I think I mentioned a month or two ago that I bought Steep and SW: Battlefront Ultimate Edition from target.com with the intention of price matching it in store to the clearance price. I was able to price match Steep and got it for like $12 but was unsuccssful with Battlefront. Well I returned Battlefront to the store and today see it in the overstock games endcap have an employee scan it and it scans to $9.99. So in a roundabout way I got SW: Battlefront for $9.99 on PS4 even though on BS it says the last price it had was $11.98. Both games including Redout got clearanced out last year. Why did I get it back? idk. The store had a couple Agents of Mayhem and Farming Simulator 2018, one copy of Project Cars 2 for XBO and two copies of Digimon Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory. Funnily enough they STILL had the AC: Odyssey Gold Editions on the same shelf space as the standard edtions for $59.99. The only have 1 or 2 Gold Editions left though. Of note, they also only had one copy of Dragon's Crown Pro Battle Hardened Edition that scanned for $29.99 and one random copy of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE for the Wii U which I didn't scan.

I think I mentioned a month or two ago that I bought Steep and SW: Battlefront Ultimate Edition from target.com with the intention of price matching it in store to the clearance price. I was able to price match Steep and got it for like $12 but was unsuccssful with Battlefront. Well I returned Battlefront to the store and today see it in the overstock games endcap have an employee scan it and it scans to $9.99. So in a roundabout way I got SW: Battlefront for $9.99 on PS4 even though on BS it says the last price it had was $11.98. Both games including Redout got clearanced out last year. Why did I get it back? idk. The store had a couple Agents of Mayhem and Farming Simulator 2018, one copy of Project Cars 2 for XBO and two copies of Digimon Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory. Funnily enough they STILL had the AC: Odyssey Gold Editions on the same shelf space as the standard edtions for $59.99. The only have 1 or 2 Gold Editions left though. Of note, they also only had one copy of Dragon's Crown Pro Battle Hardened Edition that scanned for $29.99 and one random copy of Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE for the Wii U which I didn't scan.
I wish I could get that Assassin's Creed locally, but oh well. I scored the following items earlier. Two Chromecast Audio for $10.98, iPad Air 2 Folio for $17.98, Digimon, Redout, Dead Alliance, and MyCharge Unplugged. The iPad Air 2 case fits my iPad Air, but I'm not able to use the mute button since the case covers it. Oh well! Thanks for the heads up!

DPCI Case - 057-00-4081
DPCI MyCharge - 080-08-8595

61875cb85ac42717d90f1b843746387f.jpg

Got a pair of Bluetooth SkullCandy Hesh 3 headphones on clearance from $129.99 for $38.98 008 07 0731 Charging now will let you know how good they are, but I was needing a pair of headphones and these will more than fit the bill.
I picked this up today for the same price too. I like it so far. I’m not an audiophile but for $40, it sounds good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back