Target Clearance Thread XXIV

The crytits are the real problem TBH because I've missed plenty of deals that I was just late to the party on. The people that cry the hardest want something to be available without the hassle of watching like a hawk. When I miss something, it's usually because I'm a day late or hours late on something that was time-sensitive. There are deals that came and went that I'm sure I was none the wiser on as well. I say stop blaming others for being vigilant and beat them to the punch.

When you lose, you can either cry about it or step up your game.

The crytits are the real problem TBH because I've missed plenty of deals that I was just late to the party on. The people that cry the hardest want something to be available without the hassle of watching like a hawk. When I miss something, it's usually because I'm a day late or hours late on something that was time-sensitive. There are deals that came and went that I'm sure I was none the wiser on as well. I say stop blaming others for being vigilant and beat them to the punch.

When you lose, you can either cry about it or step up your game.

Found another scalper.

Perhaps you missed the whole reason why the last target thread just closed? Where a member was bragging about buying out stores to resell. Yeah, that's totally my fault for 'being lazy'.

I wrote several long responses to this nonsense, but I decided to just summarize it with:

Please post deals. I post deals, so I would like to see the deals you find. I often buy multiples; you can too if you want to, otherwise don't. If you do buy multiples, don't flaunt. If you're not able get a deal then don't feel entitled.

Thank you for this community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, some people think they're going to change the world and are more focused on what makes them unhappy, than happy.

On a related note, anybody that was looking for a deal on Shenmue for Xbox one (a Target clearance title), you can get it for $15 minus 5% coupon on Amazon. The price will probably go lower today.

Edit: Nevermind they're back to $15.97 minus 5% coupon.

So yesterday i found a pokeball plus at target for $14.98, i was prettty happy. Get home and notice the seals were broken, ok weird..... I start messing with the thing and no sound or anything.... I hold down the middle joystick and it flashes RED, meaning no pokemon inside. Some bastard bought the pokeball plus, took the mew and returned it! Looks like i will have to return it now, bummer.

what mouse do you recommend then? high end mouse or gaming mouse please.
Logitech G series, e.g. G502.

I still have Razer mice myself, but I'm done with it. I'm on the 5th one in less than 10 years. Two of them were RMAs, but doesn't change the fact something craps out in a year or two, without fail.

Razer is kind of like turtle beach headsets for consoles. They are the popular brand that is known but they are average.
They're well above average when they work. They're not really like hating on Beats or something.

So yesterday i found a pokeball plus at target for $14.98, i was prettty happy. Get home and notice the seals were broken, ok weird..... I start messing with the thing and no sound or anything.... I hold down the middle joystick and it flashes RED, meaning no pokemon inside. Some bastard bought the pokeball plus, took the mew and returned it! Looks like i will have to return it now, bummer.
Find a store that has it at $35 or whatever and just ask for a replacement

Pomona, CA Target has an end cap with clearance games 70% off. Picked up the last copy of LA Noire, Boishock Collection and Burnout Paradise for XBO. Also picked up Quantum Break and NBA Live 18. Several copies of each left. Also saw LEGO SW Force Awakens with Xwing figure for XBO and Star Fox bundle for WiiU. Surprised to find LoZ OoT mixed with non clearance console games on an endcap. Picked it up for the current $5 sale price.

I decided to venture to one of my local Target stores to see if they had the Let's Go Eevee Bundle, but I was doubtful. After looking high and low, I asked the representative for some help. I mentioned it was a long shot, but I asked if they had the bundle in stock. He mentioned that they were all out. I asked him could he check the other stores in the area. He grabs his scanner, and he mentioned that another location might have one in stock.

I then rushed over to the store to verify stock, and they had one left. I took the bundle to Customer Service, and had them price match the website to $49.99. The original store had a few copies of Shenmue along with 5-6 Poke Ball Plus for $14.98. I don't need a second one right? We currently have four joy cons. Being nice and respectful goes a long way.

That really sucks about the pokeball plus, unfortunately this is not uncommon. I’ve bought multiple items from Walmart and Target just to realize when I get home they were already opened and missing things inside the box. People are getting very sneaky with removing the seals to make it still look unopened. People just have no shame these days. What makes it even worse is we are left returning this stuff and it just looks like we are making it all up to get a free item

14.98 is a great deal for the ball. Out of curiosity, why is the Mew make or break for the accessory? To the point you want to return it?

That really sucks about the pokeball plus, unfortunately this is not uncommon. I’ve bought multiple items from Walmart and Target just to realize when I get home they were already opened and missing things inside the box. People are getting very sneaky with removing the seals to make it still look unopened. People just have no shame these days. What makes it even worse is we are left returning this stuff and it just looks like we are making it all up to get a free item
A month back I bought two Sphero Star Wars droid at a walmart. At first I had a hard time tracking them down so I had to look for some help. Surprisingly the person who ended up helping me was the toy department manager. He helped me track down the last two in stock (one was an xmas gift). Both were spider wrapped since it was originally a high dollar item though now on clearance, which is why I went to buy it there.

After we found the droids, I noticed the packaging looked off on one of them. The manager removed the spider wrap off both and I asked if they didn't mind I open them in store. Sure enough, the odd looking that even had multiple UPCs on the bottom (another red flag) was empty inside. He said to me he wasn't surprised at all.

People were being warned that these may be returns and to proceed with caution. TBH, I blame Nintendo for placing the only way to obtain Mew via these things. Not excusing people, but they are part to blame.

14.98 is a great deal for the ball. Out of curiosity, why is the Mew make or break for the accessory? To the point you want to return it?
It's the only way to obtain Mew. I mean, the journey to obtaining him in Blue/Red was pretty memorable for a lot of peeps.

Are you really asking why someone who bought an obvious damaged and partial item wants to return it?
Why is it damaged? It's missing a pokemon, I'm simply asking WHY the pokemon is make or break. It's just a new. I'm curious. Doesnt the ball have other functions?

It's the only way to obtain Mew. I mean, the journey to obtaining him in Blue/Red was pretty memorable for a lot of peeps.
But is the ball not worth 15 bucks without the Mew? I ask because I've seen some clearly open box at bestbuy for cheap, if it's just a pokemon I'm missing out on, I wouldn't mind paying less.

Why is it damaged? It's missing a pokemon, I'm simply asking WHY the pokemon is make or break. It's just a new. I'm curious. Doesnt the ball have other functions?
I feel like a lot of people only buy the pokeball plus to get the Mew since it’s the only way to get him. So that might be the reason he wants to return it. The Pokeball is neat, but I wouldn’t want to play through the game with it. It’s just a little awkward in my opinion.

But is the ball not worth 15 bucks without the Mew? I ask because I've seen some clearly open box at bestbuy for cheap, if it's just a pokemon I'm missing out on, I wouldn't mind paying less.
Not sure yet, still need to play it tonight. My guess is it's a fun novelty but might wear off quick.

A month back I bought two Sphero Star Wars droid at a walmart. At first I had a hard time tracking them down so I had to look for some help. Surprisingly the person who ended up helping me was the toy department manager. He helped me track down the last two in stock (one was an xmas gift). Both were spider wrapped since it was originally a high dollar item though now on clearance, which is why I went to buy it there.

After we found the droids, I noticed the packaging looked off on one of them. The manager removed the spider wrap off both and I asked if they didn't mind I open them in store. Sure enough, the odd looking that even had multiple UPCs on the bottom (another red flag) was empty inside. He said to me he wasn't surprised at all.
Dang, good thing you caught those red flags and actually opened it right then and there.

That’s because these weren’t the droids you were looking for. Just move along.

Post to track the topic - sad to see that some on this site are all up in arms about posting deals.

1. You can get Mew from trading so its not the end of the world if you wanted to use the ball.

2. Do you mean Mewtwo? You can't get Mew in R/G/B/Y. Not unless you hack or go to one of the giveaways at a Gamestop/EB HmGames or Toys R Us.

1. You can get Mew from trading so its not the end of the world if you wanted to use the ball.

2. Do you mean Mewtwo? You can't get Mew in R/G/B/Y. Not unless you hack or go to one of the giveaways at a Gamestop/EB HmGames or Toys R Us.
You actually can get Mew in R/B without hacks or going to a promo event. I was able to do it. One of the programmers for the game created a special way to get it. I'm sure you can find the guide on GameFAQS or a similar site.

Also, post to follow new thread.

Razer is kind of like turtle beach headsets for consoles. They are the popular brand that is known but they are average.

For a gaming mouse I recommend Logitech. The GPro, G703, and G903 have all been amazing. And I love Logitech’s keyboards too. As a matter of fact I grabbed some Logitech gear on clearance this past summer at Target. But even before then I had already switched to Logitech from Razer/Corsair. Corsair was nice but I just think the Logitech mice are superior. And well Razer felt like nothing special.
May be late to the party on this... but 100% agree.
I have a razer naga i think its called, and the razer tartarus. Both go unused cause i bought logitech instead. G13 and a G600/700 series wireless mouse.. getting old cant remember which model . and its been a while since i purchased it, it just works with zero issues.

Edit: for those that care.. now that i'm home, G602 is my mouse. Also have a G600 which is great for MMO stuff, and a G700 that I use for PS4/Xbox stuff (Xim4)

You actually can get Mew in R/B without hacks or going to a promo event. I was able to do it. One of the programmers for the game created a special way to get it. I'm sure you can find the guide on GameFAQS or a similar site.

Also, post to follow new thread.
Mew is a pu55y imo. It's all about that Pikablu

Pokemon Let's Go Bundles for $50? 

WOW did I miss a deal! Kicks the crap outta the GCU discount I got on release day. 

Congrats to all who snagged 1 (or 20 lol). I'm super jealous.

Still, I'm glad I sold my PokeBall Plus before Christmas, cuz I would never hope get a decent amount back on it now. I loved the added sound effects from the controller, but trying to use it as a controller made my hand cramp up and fingers go to sleep. Wasn't worth the carpal tunnel.

Whew a closer Target has the Pokeball for $14.98 and its showing up on the site/app for that price. Just got the last one at my store.

Got the last Pokemon Bundle at Gulf Coast, thanks to the homie who said they had some in stock. Was going to pick it up Saturday, but thought I'd never play it. Checked it out today before class and they had 1 in stock. Prob going to sell the ball and make the game even cheaper.

Someone in the previous thread mentioned seeing Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Edition for $13.98.  I saw it tonight on :xb1: for $8.98.  Also, RE7 Gold :xb1: for $8.98, but I believe that has been found for less.

is the poke ball worth getting? i see a store with $14.98 but i don't know if it's worth it... since i'm done with pokemon eevee

Does anybody know  how much the hanzo nendoroids go for at target? i saw one and tried scanning it but it couldn't be found... didn't really ask anyone bc i couldn't find anyone available.

Didnt even expect to find so many of the clearance 3DS games at the Target in Paramus, NJ. Found Minecraft N3DS ($15) Miitopia, Hey Pikmin, and Fire Emblem Warriors, along with Super Mario 3D Land then went to Hackensack, NJ to surprisingly find SMT Apocalypse in a random cart and Ultimate NES Remix for $5 (walked out of the store only to realize it was opened but the game was thankfully inside). Still bummed I never found New Leaf since that was the one game i wanted to get my girlfriend the most.

is the poke ball worth getting? i see a store with $14.98 but i don't know if it's worth it... since i'm done with pokemon eevee

Does anybody know how much the hanzo nendoroids go for at target? i saw one and tried scanning it but it couldn't be found... didn't really ask anyone bc i couldn't find anyone available.
It retails for $50 or more. It's a sturdy and solid attachment, definitely not cheap plastic. You can feel a fair amount of gyroscopic metal parts inside, and the outer surface is coated in a slightly coarse rubber that gives you great grip. It connects to the Pokemon Go app, and it makes noises in conjunction with both games. My gf and I don't play the game without the Pokeball, but my guess is that it enhances the immersion. Up to you if you want to replay it, but a reseller could easily flip it at that price too.

No luck finding SMT Apocalypse, one store still have Fire Emblem Echoes, Monster Hunter Stories and a couple Yo-kai

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

It's really just the principle of the matter now. Yes the product is on clearance and lowered by 70%, but the mew is still advertised to be in there. Also there was so sign or tag saying that is was opened / return before hand. So it was a pretty big let down because I had thought i got a great score

Does anybody know how much the hanzo nendoroids go for at target? i saw one and tried scanning it but it couldn't be found... didn't really ask anyone bc i couldn't find anyone available.
As others have said it's got great build quality, it's a bit smaller than I'd like it to be though.

If you're going to go back and catch a lot of pokemon I'd say it's worth it, as that's the part they put the most effort into.

I wasn't really sold on it until I caught a pokemon with it, the way it vibrates, plays sounds, and lights up was very amusing. Definitely made me feel like a kid again.

It is definitely on the small side though, both my gf and I had our hands cramp up from playing too long with it.

Will I be able to return the $34.98 clearance I bought and rebuy at $14.98 at the same store - i.e. return/rebuy? I haven't tried before.

Backstory: I bought this for $34.98 last week and now that store dropped to $14.98. I was going to just return it and then walk to electronics and buy one, but now Brickseek says they're out of stock (somebody swooped in this morning).

Will I be able to return the $34.98 clearance I bought and rebuy at $14.98 at the same store - i.e. return/rebuy? I haven't tried before.

Backstory: I bought this for $34.98 last week and now that store dropped to $14.98. I was going to just return it and then walk to electronics and buy one, but now Brickseek says they're out of stock (somebody swooped in this morning).
You have a few options:

1. You can take the receipt to Customer Service and ask for a price adjustment (don't use the words price match). This is YMMV because they might figure it out that the item is on clearance and there is a policy to not match clearance prices.
  2. You can do a "tender switch" where you tell them you want to pay with a different form of payment than you originally used. You would get the original purchase amount refunded and you would then pay the current price.

I tell them I just bought it and found out the price was lowered and ask for a price adjustment. Do not "return" as they will say it has to be inventoried and placed back on the floor before it can be repurchased.

Thanks guys. Thanks to you all, I told them I saw they had it lower this morning and they said sure and just refunded me the rest. Very glad to have gotten it for $15 now

bread's done
Back