attachicon.gif
7a0cc967-7542-434d-a918-784d0146e94e--9bdAAV_RQdTqE0hQj30UsFILQ.jpg
attachicon.gif
a0064903-f791-47a8-a546-81266321d7a9--c64AAV_RQdFlrht7TJXVGjX-A.jpg
attachicon.gif
db471a59-b4ef-4ff4-83fb-98c37ab67338--cefAAV_RQdkLtBvyMHoVGP5eQ.jpg
attachicon.gif
f81dbb9a-3301-4cea-bd29-711025cc155a--cadAAV_RQc0PuW7uirKU5Vu6A.jpg

^^ I have 4 targets all within 15mins of my house and this is pretty much what its like at all of them as of Friday, yesterday.

oNe
lol and people wonder why this stuff is gone so fast... Big Clearance sign on endcap facing main isle.... moms eat that up

Thursday BS showed that Target A had X in stock. but that Target B did not. Of course I went to A and even on the employee telco or whatever its called showed it was OOS.

Friday BS showed that Target B had X in stock but that Target A did not. So off I go and of course wasn't in stock..

NOW, of course TODAY BS shows that Target A has X in stock...

Anyone know whats going on? SINCE they purged all these, we can't look em up ourselves on the app or the online..

or is it possible this is just reflecting normal stock replenishment?

Granted these aren't far drives for me, 5mins for A, and 15mins for B but still they add up if I'm going there day in, and day out...

thoughts?

oNe
I've seen similar oddities in Target's inventory system. Brickseek and Target inventory would match, but item nowhere to be found. I think Target just has some database update issues sometimes causing stock to change from day to day. I saw this specifically when the xbox elite controller went on clearance at a couple stores.

yep, the toy clearance is strong this year, especially with many targets expanding their toy section to try and grab some of the toys r us sales. im just pissed i missed out on the LOL surprise house, went from $200 to $30 in a day and was all gone in less time than that.
I need that God of War Kratos figure to go on clearance...

hmm It's almost as if Brickseek isn't an exact measurement of single quantities of high-demand items. :whistle2:k
Exactly, it simply reports what Target has in their system.

I'm at a Target right now. Both Target and BrickSeek show this clearance Razer keyboard in front of me as OOS.

hmm It's almost as if Brickseek isn't an exact measurement of single quantities of high-demand items. :whistle2:k
RIGht, because the big disclaimer BS forces you to click thru when you initially access it doesnt BLATENTLY tell us that..

:-({|=

Anyways, the few times, more outta curiosity than anything else, I've literally checked BS and Target app, within 15mins(or however long it takes me to get home) of my purchases and have been SUPER SHOCKED to see that, both BS and the Target App/site were updated to reflect OOS, since I apparently had just purchased the last one.

On the other hand, its also happened where both BS and app/site say OOS but I've gone in and they've had it, usually "in the back" tho where I need an employee to get it.

Its almost as if the little scanner device they use in store, is the ONE TRUE INVENTORY reader to rule them all.. :whistle2:$

oNe

RIGht, because the big disclaimer BS forces you to click thru when you initially access it doesnt BLATENTLY tell us that.. :-({|=

Anyways, the few times, more outta curiosity than anything else, I've literally checked BS and Target app, within 15mins(or however long it takes me to get home) of my purchases and have been SUPER SHOCKED to see that, both BS and the Target App/site were updated to reflect OOS, since I apparently had just purchased the last one.

On the other hand, its also happened where both BS and app/site say OOS but I've gone in and they've had it, usually "in the back" tho where I need an employee to get it.

Its almost as if the little scanner device they use in store, is the ONE TRUE INVENTORY reader to rule them all.. :whistle2:$

oNe
Stop.

Just picked up these for Xbox One:

L.A. Noire, DCPI 207-32-1781, $8.98

Quantum Break, DCPI 207-32-0133, $11.98

L.A. Noire's clearance sticker is on top of an older sticker that reads $19.98.

There was another copy of Quantum Break with an ~$18 sticker. This copy advertises that it includes codes for Alan Wake and its DLC; not sure if that was only early print runs, or all copies. The Alan Wake DLC has since become free, but the game itself was delisted due to licensing issues. I think I bought a digital copy before then.

Also, the clerk made me open both games after buying then. She said it's because that store has had a lot of issues with new games having missing discs (theft I guess?) but I couldn't help but wonder if some manager is making them do that to prevent returns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, the clerk made me open both games after buying then. She said it's because that store has had a lot of issues with new games having missing discs (theft I guess?) but I couldn't help but wonder if some manager is making them do that to prevent returns.

Lol. You should’ve just walked out. Why did you let her make you do anything to YOUR property?

[attachment=31631:lawrence.gif]

There was another copy of Quantum Break with an ~$18 sticker. This copy advertises that it includes codes for Alan Wake and its DLC; not sure if that was only early print runs, or all copies. The Alan Wake DLC has since become free, but the game itself was delisted due to licensing issues. I think I bought a digital copy before then.

That......sounds super sketch to me. After the transaction is processed, the games are yours. They can't make you do anything with them. Even if what the clerk said about missing disc problems is true, I can't see how a missing disc wouldn't be evident upon inspection of the case. The weight would be obviously off, and the seal should be noticeably damaged. I used to work in LP, and I've never seen a thief good enough to get a disc out without leaving any evidence of tampering.

As I said, I did find it a bit sketchy. But I don't get why folks are so freaked out about the word "make" her. It's not like I was forced to do it. I just went along with it cause I didn't see why not. I was gonna open these games anyways.

That's pretty damn presumptuous. How would she know it's not a gift for someone else? Sounds like she thought you were the thief IMO Honestly something like this can be reported if you feel like it. It could even been seen that the store did this to make sure you don't return anything since it was opened to break the return policy on purpose.

The only time an item can be opened by force by an employee is if you exchange the exact item (if defective) to ensure the item is correct and proper before leaving the store.

EDIT: If you think about it, you could have just told them "No, I'll just leave instead." and wonder what she'd say next.

"YOU CAN'T LEAVE WITH THOSE ITEMS YOU BOUGHT COME BACK HERE"

Any chance those Alan wake codes still work? I've wanted a digital copy and I've seen them on eBay but always hesitated to buy due to the chance of them being delisted. It would be great to get confirmation so I can pull the trigger next time. I've been dying to replay that game!

Any chance those Alan wake codes still work? I've wanted a digital copy and I've seen them on eBay but always hesitated to buy due to the chance of them being delisted. It would be great to get confirmation so I can pull the trigger next time. I've been dying to replay that game!
zeldafanjtl, please let us know! I want to get rid of my physical Alan Wake copy, and this would be the ticket for me.

My store finally decided to start discounting and participate in this round but...meh.  Backlog is so big, especially now that we have a Switch, plus haven't beaten RDR2 yet and Resident Evil 2 is about to come out.  

My store finally decided to start discounting and participate in this round but...meh. Backlog is so big, especially now that we have a Switch, plus haven't beaten RDR2 yet and Resident Evil 2 is about to come out.
my backlog keeps growing and growing. of games I've recently purchased over the last few months I have spiderman (ps4), horizon zero dawn, uncharted lost legacy, smash ultimate, mario party (switch), and I have to finish RDR 2, AC: Odyssey, Spyro trilogy and South Park FBW dlc.

plus I'm interested in Resident Evil 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3 buttttt I think I can wait a bit haha

Alright, children. The clearance event you’ve been waiting for is here. Wait til you see this haul...

That’s right, it’s pumpkin spice clearance time!

[attachment=31636:169DEEAE-9B55-429C-96A2-D5C2A7470BF9.jpeg][attachment=31638:7988F165-F13E-424F-B91F-FDC6D00D4CBE.jpeg][attachment=31639:FA1EE484-36B7-496B-AEC9-90FF58A55E5E.jpeg][attachment=31640:25829FAF-0685-41DE-BA9E-0CD6DBF2B96B.jpeg][attachment=31641:26DC6496-1589-4ECA-80DD-EB620B951849.jpeg]

And here are the numbers to look them up for yourself:
231-00-0093 chocolate Frosted Flakes
231-00-0727 pumpkin spice Frosted Flakes
231-00-0652 pumpkin spice Cheerio
231-00-0860 pumpkin spice Special K
231-00-0645 gingerbread life
231-00-0427 pumpkin spice life
055-02-1573 sweet heat skittles
055-02-1581 sweet heat starburst
231-00-0647 sugar cookie toast crunch ($2.08)

how is this gaming related?
It's a Target Cletsnce thread. Isnt specific to just gaming, people were posting about vacuum cleaners like 25 pages ago. This cereal however is fantastic. My 3 year old goes insane over the Chocolate Frosted Flakes so I'm in for 3 😂

I hate sh*t sugar cereals, but yeah, I also don’t mind non gaming related stuff being posted here, I hunt everything I can on clearance at taget and appreciate the heads up on everything. Don’t like it? Keep scrolling. 👍🏻

The girlfriend loves the chocolate Frosted Flakes so in for as many as they got, she averages 2 bowls a day

how are those "sweet heat" starburst/skittles?  I'm trying to imagine the flavor but not really coming up with anything, but I might have to get the starburst just to try pineapple and watermelon

The girlfriend loves the chocolate Frosted Flakes so in for as many as they got, she averages 2 bowls a day
Get that cereal for cheap, you'll have more money for the insulin later! haha

(I'm eyeing up if I want me a box or two as well so just as guilty)

Was at a target yesterday, same deal. Some items had numerous copies and BS reported out of stock.
but what did the app or online report?

I think i've read on here something happens with the app when your actually in the store? Like perhaps it uses GPS and then does it reflect actual inventory counts?

I know for sure it accurately reflects price points because I've seen it do it, i.e. launched app at home and it showed the full retail price, but then when I was in store it "updated" price to reflect the current clearance price others were reported.

Not arguing here, just actually asking to see if I can glean any more info on how this all works!

oNe

how are those "sweet heat" starburst/skittles? I'm trying to imagine the flavor but not really coming up with anything, but I might have to get the starburst just to try pineapple and watermelon
Not gonna lie to you the sweet heat Skittles.. absolute favorite, used to be the Sour one and them whatever flavor they called the purple ones but Sweet Heat.. it's like heaven

I haven't tried the Starburst yet, but the Skittles are pretty good.  The closest thing to them is kinda... imagine you ate some skittles, and then immediately ate some Hot Tamales candy.  You get a pretty standard Skittles flavor, but then the aftertaste kicks in and it's cinnamon-y.  I like them.

but what did the app or online report?

I think i've read on here something happens with the app when your actually in the store? Like perhaps it uses GPS and then does it reflect actual inventory counts?

I know for sure it accurately reflects price points because I've seen it do it, i.e. launched app at home and it showed the full retail price, but then when I was in store it "updated" price to reflect the current clearance price others were reported.

Not arguing here, just actually asking to see if I can glean any more info on how this all works!

oNe

I don't use apps on my phone, so I couldn't answer that.

This was for various items too, games, home clearance mugs/thermos. I found four copies of Yokai Watch 3DS at $11.98, brickseek said out of stock.

Yeah, I've found Brickseek to be a little inconsistent lately as well. Claimed the closest store to me that had anything was 70 miles away, went in there Saturday and found copies of L.A. Noire and most of the $25 3DS games along with some clearance Marvel Legends figures. 

Alright, children. The clearance event you’ve been waiting for is here. Wait til you see this haul...

And here are the numbers to look them up for yourself:
231-00-0093 chocolate Frosted Flakes
231-00-0727 pumpkin spice Frosted Flakes
231-00-0652 pumpkin spice Cheerio
231-00-0860 pumpkin spice Special K
231-00-0645 gingerbread life
231-00-0427 pumpkin spice life
055-02-1573 sweet heat skittles
055-02-1581 sweet heat starburst
231-00-0647 sugar cookie toast crunch ($2.08)
Nasty. Did just discover there are Hostess cereals now though and got a box of Honey Bun, which is surprisingly one of the healthier sugar cereals I've seen. Haven't tried it yet, but expecting great things!

how are those "sweet heat" starburst/skittles? I'm trying to imagine the flavor but not really coming up with anything, but I might have to get the starburst just to try pineapple and watermelon
Not worth it. I like spicy and I like skittles, and I didn't eat more than a couple and I tossed the bag.

The Target near me just discounted the Razer 7.1 V2 headset (https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-28-1317) so I picked up a pair at $30 (discounted from $100). Me not paying attention to the box, I assumed these were compatible w/ PS4. While they play the audio, the microphone appears to not be able to be disabled. To my fellow CAGers who picked up these headphones - have you used these on a PS4 and were you able to fix this issue (I could also use any other adjustment capabilities you might have found). Trying to decide if I should return them or not. Thanks!

The Target near me just discounted the Razer 7.1 V2 headset (https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-28-1317) so I picked up a pair at $30 (discounted from $100). Me not paying attention to the box, I assumed these were compatible w/ PS4. While they play the audio, the microphone appears to not be able to be disabled. To my fellow CAGers who picked up these headphones - have you used these on a PS4 and were you able to fix this issue (I could also use any other adjustment capabilities you might have found). Trying to decide if I should return them or not. Thanks!
FYI: I would return them because they are not worth $30, IMO. I upgraded my Kraken to a Logitech G430 and the Logitech is way better when it comes to noice-cancelation, comfort, sound, usability, etc. The Logitech also includes a Green/Pink -> USB adapter so it can be used in multiple configurations. G430 is still $30 at Amazon too.

It's a few years old, but I found it way better than the Razer. You could also look at HyperX which are apparently really good as well.

FYI: I would return them because they are not worth $30, IMO. I upgraded my Kraken to a Logitech G430 and the Logitech is way better when it comes to noice-cancelation, comfort, sound, usability, etc. The Logitech also includes a Green/Pink -> USB adapter so it can be used in multiple configurations. G430 is still $30 at Amazon too.
I really appreciate the feedback! Question - are you able to mute the microphone on the Logitech when using it on a PS4? That is my biggest gripe w/ the Razer. Also, how is the comfort level? The Razer feel very comfortable (granted, I haven't used them for more than a couple of minutes).

I really appreciate the feedback! Question - are you able to mute the microphone on the Logitech when using it on a PS4? That is my biggest gripe w/ the Razer. Also, how is the comfort level? The Razer feel very comfortable (granted, I haven't used them for more than a couple of minutes).
I haven't used it on PS4 yet, so I can't say. But it does have mute and volume controls on the cord, which the Kraken did not. I found the Razer annoying wrt comfort primarily because I had to squeeze my ears into them. The G430 is shaped more oval-like instead of circular, making it better for your average ear. Maybe my ears are just huge tho hahaha.

Deal of the year right here. I’ve never seen bigger discount anywhere else in my life.

[attachment=31642:132325E9-DCFB-4A54-8122-501D65373A58.jpeg]

zeldafanjtl, please let us know! I want to get rid of my physical Alan Wake copy, and this would be the ticket for me.
I ended up buying it today. It won't work if you try to redeem it on Xbox.com. You have to redeem it on your Xbox one. I was able to get the dlc which was unlocked automatically too.

An employee was marking down clearance toys when I was at my local Target this morning and I was able to get the Target-exclusive Mickey Mouse Nendoroid for $17.98!
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=323-01-1592

Also grabbed the last Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite Iron Man vs Mega Man action figure set for $7.48.

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=087-06-8391
Thanks for the heads up on Mickey, was able to find one for my mother. Was just randomly on an endcap, had the 30 dollar clearance tag on it but rang up 17.98 :D

[attachment=31644:20190112_194259.jpg]

I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the figure, I'm starting to understand why people go so crazy for these now.

bread's done
Back