Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Todays finds, tagged appropriately (hopefully) to avoid the policing round these parts

tags: YMMV, NON video games, toys

[attachment=31646:55a16baa-818e-4389-970c-317ac8feee15--23fAAV_gaayUnZMWTvTWiOtkg.jpg][attachment=31647:394eccaf-72cd-459f-ac23-bebc493111e2--42bAAV_gabFtz3UVhpRU6f3yQ.jpg][attachment=31648:d22b6d08-4a7a-4c2e-9e53-b7ebe3712590--359AAV_gabbK9qNxbQDWUGgNg.jpg][attachment=31649:51dfd5e6-34a4-4637-bdf5-6bdaabb44047--a11AAV_gbHRliK-Q94GVcB83g.jpg][attachment=31650:1fc85a6b-3cee-4c47-93f2-55eb7541e597--c1cAAV_gbHBZWJYIxeQmcBNEw.jpg]

Excuse the wife situation but while was scopin the CLEARANCE local team sportswear section above I came across that mega NERF CANNON, never seen it on the shelves tho..

any idea why that COD box is so huge? its bigger than my lil seed!

Toothpaste and face soap and BO keep away for the discerning CAG'r

ENJOI

oNe

I figured out how to mute the microphone on Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 headphones I got yesterday. At the end of the microphone is an integrated mute button. You can barely see it - just press the side of the mic towards the end. When pressed, the end of the microphone turns red - and that's it! Makes these headphones much more acceptable now.

Todays finds, tagged appropriately (hopefully) to avoid the policing round these parts

tags: YMMV, NON video games, toys

55a16baa-818e-4389-970c-317ac8feee15--23fAAV_gaayUnZMWTvTWiOtkg.jpg 394eccaf-72cd-459f-ac23-bebc493111e2--42bAAV_gabFtz3UVhpRU6f3yQ.jpg d22b6d08-4a7a-4c2e-9e53-b7ebe3712590--359AAV_gabbK9qNxbQDWUGgNg.jpg 51dfd5e6-34a4-4637-bdf5-6bdaabb44047--a11AAV_gbHRliK-Q94GVcB83g.jpg 1fc85a6b-3cee-4c47-93f2-55eb7541e597--c1cAAV_gbHBZWJYIxeQmcBNEw.jpg

Excuse the wife situation but while was scopin the CLEARANCE local team sportswear section above I came across that mega NERF CANNON, never seen it on the shelves tho..

any idea why that COD box is so huge? its bigger than my lil seed!

Toothpaste and face soap and BO keep away for the discerning CAG'r

ENJOI

oNe
That's the Collectors Edition! What's the price on that thing??

I figured out how to mute the microphone on Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 headphones I got yesterday. At the end of the microphone is an integrated mute button. You can barely see it - just press the side of the mic towards the end. When pressed, the end of the microphone turns red - and that's it! Makes these headphones much more acceptable now.
Ah, I assumed you knew that and the function simply didn't work on PS4. Nice to hear!

Damn Sean Price's Target is clearance central! Would like to see what games are in the pic so I can start checking Brickseek for them around me. 

Damn Sean Price's Target is clearance central! Would like to see what games are in the pic so I can start checking Brickseek for them around me.
At my local Target they started jamming the end caps with non-clearance games, similar to his picture; so these may not all be clearance.

Was able to find WWE Entrance Greats Bobby Roode Action Figure (087161369) for $9.58

Box was messed up but the price was...

attachicon.gif
glorious.gif
I remember the days when wrestling figures were $5. Now $10 is a clearance price? Wow.

I remember the days when wrestling figures were $5. Now $10 is a clearance price? Wow.
Inflation my friend. The Basic WWE figures are around $9.99 MSRP I believe and the Elite figures are $20+, I stopped collecting wrestling figures years ago but have several friends that do and it can be an expensive hobby since they constantly have figures coming out.

At my local Target they started jamming the end caps with non-clearance games, similar to his picture; so these may not all be clearance.
They are definitely not. I was at a Target recently that had that exact setup, some games the store wasn't even supposed to have in-stock. . .but none were clearance. It's just overflow restocks in their ever-shrinking gaming section from what I could tell.

That's the Collectors Edition! What's the price on that thing??
that I knew but whats in it that necessitates such a monstrous box? Looked on back and it only I saw was a puzzle, but unless its already pre-made..

price was garbage, it had the infamous ONLINE ITEM and was on "sale for $191.xx

nOTHING new or that hasn't already been posted here, i.e. Gravel, Bioshock, LA Noir, Shaq, ect, ect, oh and the 3DS games.

Thats why I didn't post anytyhing since those have been for the most part already reported..

Going across the city to my Other Target NOW that has less traffic aka better clearance prices and tons more stock

oNe

that I knew but whats in it that necessitates such a monstrous box? Looked on back and it only I saw was a puzzle, but unless its already pre-made..

price was garbage, it had the infamous ONLINE ITEM and was on "sale for $191.xx
In for 10! Haha thanks man, it was the Mystery Box so I appreciate you sctually getting back to me. But at $191 that's a mega hard pass for me 😂

Gravel is pretty bad too...I can't recommend it even at $8.98. $5.98 or less...decent gameplay and PS2-ish graphics. And they had the nerve to realeas a season pass for that game.

My target literally has an endcap that says clearance full of neatly organized normal price games then right next to it another endcap labeled clearance that is just 3 shelf/baskets of mostly clearance stuff and games that looks like a tornado hit it

My target literally has an endcap that says clearance full of neatly organized normal price games then right next to it another endcap labeled clearance that is just 3 shelf/baskets of mostly clearance stuff and games that looks like a tornado hit it
Same at some of my Targets. It's odd, it includes games like Yoshi for Wii U at full price. Why are Wii U games not completely clearanced out at the point is beyond me.

Just price matched the Pokemon Let's Go Eevee bundle at Best Buy through their online chat! It says in stock at one of my targets - they don't actually have it tho, so I got super lucky.

Just price matched the Pokemon Let's Go Eevee bundle at Best Buy through their online chat! It says in stock at one of my targets - they don't actually have it tho, so I got super lucky.
looks like target.com raised the price back to $99.99. I was just going to try this as it appears a store near me has it in stock

Inflation my friend. The Basic WWE figures are around $9.99 MSRP I believe and the Elite figures are $20+, I stopped collecting wrestling figures years ago but have several friends that do and it can be an expensive hobby since they constantly have figures coming out.
Soooo many figures, they announce them months in advance and there's way too many. I think I've purchased two: Xavier Woods for my wife because she had a crush on him before... things came to light and a deluxe Finn Balor with Beast in the East paint.

I must be so out of touch with Pokemon now; after playing it for a couple hours the other day, we couldn't really figure out what you're supposed to do in the game lol. Is it really just run around one-shot capturing pokemon and dueling trainers? Don't like how they did co-op either since the other person mainly just follows around and is constantly booted from cutscenes and certain areas. Love how Reggie always touts Nintendo as being all about the experience. I must say, alienating the second player is certainly a unique experience to us! :roll:

I must be so out of touch with Pokemon now; after playing it for a couple hours the other day, we couldn't really figure out what you're supposed to do in the game lol. Is it really just run around one-shot capturing pokemon and dueling trainers? Don't like how they did co-op either since the other person mainly just follows around and is constantly booted from cutscenes and certain areas. Love how Reggie always touts Nintendo as being all about the experience. I must say, alienating the second player is certainly a unique experience to us! :roll:
Don't feel too bad. I have literally NEVER played any Pokemon game in my life. I have some in my collection from the retro systems, but I have never touched them. (maybe a waste of money, but I could always sell them at anytime) I have bought a Pokemon 3DS system in the past, but that was for my collection I had of limited 3DS systems before I sold a few of my collection.

Pokemon gaming does not interest me in the least.

Don't feel too bad. I have literally NEVER played any Pokemon game in my life. I have some in my collection from the retro systems, but I have never touched them. (maybe a waste of money, but I could always sell them at anytime) I have bought a Pokemon 3DS system in the past, but that was for my collection I had of limited 3DS systems before I sold a few of my collection.

Pokemon gaming does not interest me in the least.
Yeah, it has got to be close to two decades since I touched the games having only played the OG red/blue and I can't remember what they were like lol. I do remember collecting all 151, but that's about it heh.

Yeah, it has got to be close to two decades since I touched the games having only played the OG red/blue and I can't remember what they were like lol. I do remember collecting all 151, but that's about it heh.
My kids were interested in it and it has co-op so that can keep two of them occupied at a time. We will see if this is any good or note. I have a friend that played this 2 player with his 4 year old son and had fun with it. As long as it holds my kids interest until Animal Crossing Switch. That one will lead to some lessons in sharing.

Don't feel bad. That's pretty much what the game is. As you progress, the Pokemon become harder to catch. You'll have to use items, and better Pokeballs to catch them. The last Pokemon game I finished was Pokemon Gold for the Gameboy, and I cheated my way through it. I had a GameShark so I could get infinite items such as rare candies, master balls among other items. My favorite cheats consisted of being able to spawn any Pokemon in the wild. If you wanted, you could have six Mews in your party. My other favorite cheat code was having the ability to catch any trainer's Pokemon. It even worked on the final trainers. I just don't have the time to grind levels etc so Pokemon Let's Go Eeveee is light Pokemon experience that anyone can enjoy. I almost forgot. I also used the GameShark to unlock Surfing Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow since I didn't have an N64 to do it.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

It's not a mainline game right now. It's basically a console version of the mobile game. That's why it feels so different than you remember it. The actual series hasn't come to switch from 3ds yet. Ultra sun and moon play very much the same as every game before with new stuff added.

It's not a mainline game right now. It's basically a console version of the mobile game. That's why it feels so different than you remember it. The actual series hasn't come to switch from 3ds yet. Ultra sun and moon play very much the same as every game before with new stuff added.
Ah that explains it, well certainly glad we got it for $50 then since I don't see us playing much, if ever again. Haven't redeemed the Mew yet either so might resell it.

Ah that explains it, well certainly glad we got it for $50 then since I don't see us playing much, if ever again. Haven't redeemed the Mew yet either so might resell it.
Its supposed to be a sort of a remake of the first generation games mixed in with the aspects of Pokemon Go to appeal to people who got into pokemon through that or are returning from it. They took out a lot of features and all future generations of pokemon in hopes of appealing to the more casual audience. So its not so much you being out of touch as it is being "watered down".

The current "real" games would be "Ultra Sun" and "Ultra Moon" on 3DS. (The difference between the "Ultra" versions and the non-ultra versions are some retcons of the story and extra content.

Yeah, neither of us were aware that's what the game was based on, though she did play Go for maybe a week until the free pokeballs ran out lol. It's rather disappointing TBH, because we bought Switch to dig into exclusives and with the exception of MK8; just about everything has disappointed so far.

At this point if they added a virtual store, I'd probably just end up buying old SNES games to play on it heh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see one of those Nerf Prometheus 45 mins away on brickseek for 60..... hmm. Don't need it, and they might not really have it.  Decisions , decisions...

I really don't get the whole "Pokemon Let's Go is the mobile game" thing.

It's Pokemon Yellow from the Gameboy days built in the Sun and Moon engine. The catching part looks like Pokemon Go and some advanced elements like abilities and held items are disabled, but everything else is the same as any other mainline game. Most complaints come from being the Kanto story again, not having areas added for the Fire Red and Leaf Green, not looking like Breath of the Wild, and that it even dares to interact with a cell phone game. 

I really don't get the whole "Pokemon Let's Go is the mobile game" thing.

It's Pokemon Yellow from the Gameboy days built in the Sun and Moon engine. The catching part looks like Pokemon Go and some advanced elements like abilities and held items are disabled, but everything else is the same as any other mainline game. Most complaints come from being the Kanto story again, not having areas added for the Fire Red and Leaf Green, not looking like Breath of the Wild, and that it even dares to interact with a cell phone game.
So it’s not like Pokémon Stadium right, you’re saying it’s basically the full “rpg” experience traveling to towns/dungeons, random encounters, catching wild ones, leveling them up, then battling bosses?

So it’s not like Pokémon Stadium right, you’re saying it’s basically the full “rpg” experience traveling to towns/dungeons, random encounters, catching wild ones, leveling them up, then battling bosses?
its not random encounters, u see wild pokemons in tall grass, water, and caves etc. u dont fight them u just catch em and u get exp based on their level and your "throw" and catch combos. Player still go around fight the trainers on every route and gym leaders etc. And like the other guy said, its a remake of Gen 1 pokemon but it didnt have the additional content from like leaf green/fire red (I was pissed, because i tried to look for a dragon scale for a kingdra, till i realize there's no Kingdra in this game).

Yeah it's the traditional RPG. As mentioned above the Pokemon will spawn on the map and run around instead of randomly spawning while walking through grass/caves. Since there's no wild battles (excluding Snorlax, the birds, and Mewtwo) you're going to be catching a lot of Pokemon for EXP, but there's also a chain mechanic that makes Shiny Pokemon and higher IV totals easy to get.

In my area of Texas, Dynasty Warriors 9 for PS4 is only $11.98

DPCI 207-34-1805

Been like that for 4 weeks and lots left.

Found a location that still has the silver DualShock controllers in stock but the price is N/A. Are you still able to buy those? Never seen that before.

Found a location that still has the silver DualShock controllers in stock but the price is N/A. Are you still able to buy those? Never seen that before.
One of the targets had the same silver ones but price was not coming up on registers. I just told the employee that they were clearanced out at I think 70% and she just typed it on the computer.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Depends on the employee. Some will recognize that it is out of the system and is supposed to be pulled from the floor. Others will sell it for the last sticker price on it. Some will know they can scan it with a hand scanner which will give them the last price it had in the system. Hope for door number three.

Hmmm, quite a few local Targets showing these in stock for the 70% off $38.98 price. Is it worth picking up for $40 bucks?
Maybe at sub $40, it appears to only be on android 5.1 and no updates and only 1gb of ram, so very limited.

Found a fire kids edition tablet for $55.98, 056-01-0327. Probably a better deal.

bread's done
Back