Target Clearance Thread XXIV

I found a few nice items in my local Target's clearance bin (Yo-kai, Yo-kai II, Fire Emblem Warriors),  but they refused to sell them to me because they were "Salvage".  They had a lot on the shelf still...

My local Target turned one of the gaming endcaps into almost all "repackaged" games:

NRqkQAp.jpg

Prices, for the most part, are nothing special. $60 games are around $41. They do have :ps4: Yakuza 6 for $14. I may bite on that one (is this a good price?).

Last edited by a moderator:
My Target used to be the one of the best clearance spots around.  About 3 years ago something happened and its never been the same.

You could walk in there and see multiple Apple products, LifeProof cases, and new games red tagged to amazing prices.

Now it is a mountain of bad kids books, a couple of PS3 Just Dance type games and crappy 3rd party cables.

I am not joking when I say they have the same Rizzoli and Isles season 1 DVD for the past 2 years at the same price.

You could always watch the prices drop from week to week, now they stay the same.

Sad day.

I went back today and asked a rep about repackaged games. He explained that these are games Target wants to move at a reduced price, and "repackage" is a way to avoid calling them clearance. They are still in original packaging. Personally I think calling them clearance makes more sense, but whatever. These are not returns reshrinked. Target doesn't even accept returns of opened games.

My store has an endcap of repackaged PS4 games that I posted yesterday, plus another endcap with XONE games. The prices are currently 30% off. Since these are not considered clearance, I'm not sure if the discount will increase over time the same way, but it seems reasonable that they will.

They put :ps4: Yakuza 6 as normal price $19.99 even though it is $39.99 everywhere, including Target's website. I picked it up for $14 (65% off compared to other stores).

qz2hrc.jpg

I think they use repackage instead of clearance so they can mark down an item slightly without it being part of a clearance drop cycle and remain at the 1 price without going to salvage. My local Target has had a few repackage games at the same price for months.

I went back today and asked a rep about repackaged games. He explained that these are games Target wants to move at a reduced price, and "repackage" is a way to avoid calling them clearance. They are still in original packaging. Personally I think calling them clearance makes more sense, but whatever. These are not returns reshrinked. Target doesn't even accept returns of opened games.

My store has an endcap of repackaged PS4 games that I posted yesterday, plus another endcap with XONE games. The prices are currently 30% off. Since these are not considered clearance, I'm not sure if the discount will increase over time the same way, but it seems reasonable that they will.

They put :ps4: Yakuza 6 as normal price $19.99 even though it is $39.99 everywhere, including Target's website. I picked it up for $14 (65% off compared to other stores).
qz2hrc.jpg
Target nearby me did something similar last year. Prices eventually lowered on all games, but took longer than the usual clearance cycle. I bought some during the last b2g1 sale, so turned out to be a decent deal

My local Target turned one of the gaming endcaps into almost all "repackaged" games:

NRqkQAp.jpg

Prices, for the most part, are nothing special. $60 games are around $41. They do have :ps4: Yakuza 6 for $14. I may bite on that one (is this a good price?).
raid and xcom 2 should be under $9 if ur interested in them

Yakuza 6 for that price is a good deal in my opinion. It comes with a hardcover book with 23 pages of art with the game disc at the end. If you do get it, play the other Yakuza games first since this is the last game in the Yakuza series. I've seen people complaining about the game since they started with Yakuza 6 and beginning with this one, is not a good start.  

Stopped by a Target on my way home from work tonight and noticed a few games on 30% off clearance I hadn’t seen before.
:pS4:
Bravo Team - $39.99 => $27.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-34-0195
Darkest Dungeon - $29.99 => $20.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-34-0279
:XB1:
A Way Out - $29.99 => $20.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-1807
Mudrunner: A Spintires Game - $29.99 => $20.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-1785
Super Lucky’s Tale - $19.99 => $13.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-32-0273
:pc:
The Sims 3: Ambitions Expansion Pack - $19.99 => $13.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-28-0181
The Sims 3: Seasons - $19.99 => $13.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-28-0734
I also found about four or five copies of this:
67e7fbddc67575517ec3e3da0789186c.jpg

qz2hrc.jpg
Strange...a Brickseek search for "Yakuza 6" doesn't show any list of items...says the lowest price at Target is $31.49...only gives you a link to its listings on Target and other sites.

Found a set of RE2 Pins on a clearance end cap, they’re free with a RE2 Purchase Friday but scanned item not found as of right now, I imagine they’ll hit clearance eventually

Strange...a Brickseek search for "Yakuza 6" doesn't show any list of items...says the lowest price at Target is $31.49...only gives you a link to its listings on Target and other sites.
I don't know for sure, but it may not be carried in stores anymore or at least in your area. The copy he saw may be a website return which will often be labeled as repackaged.

I think they use repackage instead of clearance so they can mark down an item slightly without it being part of a clearance drop cycle and remain at the 1 price without going to salvage. My local Target has had a few repackage games at the same price for months.
This and as stated above website returns. Months is nothing see below.

Target nearby me did something similar last year. Prices eventually lowered on all games, but took longer than the usual clearance cycle. I bought some during the last b2g1 sale, so turned out to be a decent deal
A couple years ago the two closest of the three Targets around here completely stopped taking part in the regular clearance cycle for games. Instead they would mark the game (usually the same ones reported going on clearance at other stores) down 15 to 20 percent with a repackage sticker. Maybe three months ago those same games were all sitting around unsold and they got more aggressive by putting 50% off repackage stickers on them.

Since these are not considered regular stock or clearance, I don't think they are trackable via Target website or BS. We'll have to go in store to check for good prices and post here when we find something.

The copy he saw may be a website return which will often be labeled as repackaged.
It's not a return. As explained to me by a Target employee, it is regular Target stock with a "repackage" sticker attached so they can sell it at a lower price without calling it clearance.

Repackage is like Walmart putting a PS2 game on discount for a few cents off and sitting at that price for years.

Repackage is like Walmart putting a PS2 game on discount for a few cents off and sitting at that price for years.
Was in a WM last week looking for some clearance stuff and walked through the electronics section just to see if any thing was marked down. They had 3-4 copies of AC/DC Rock Band for the PS2 for 29.96 sitting on the shelf.

Was in a WM last week looking for some clearance stuff and walked through the electronics section just to see if any thing was marked down. They had 3-4 copies of AC/DC Rock Band for the PS2 for 29.96 sitting on the shelf.
thats an oldie but goodie when it comes to walmart clearance stuff

Found a few more items at the Target in Duarte, CA by my office:
:ps4:
Final Fantasy XIV Online: The Complete Edition - $59.99 => $41.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-34-0185
Jurassic World: Evolution - $59.99 => $41.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-34-1851
Vinyl Albums
Guns ‘n’ Roses: “Appetite for Destruction” - $29.99 => $20.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=012-17-0138
Bruce Springsteen: “Born to Run” - $29.99 => $20.98
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=012-17-0392

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:31702]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:31703]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:31704]
Cuphead throw - 323-05-0481

Stranger Things Throw - 323-05-0177

Xbox Headset - 207-00-2001

Xbone Play and Charge kit - 207-00-2002

Zelda BotW puzzle - 207-04-0535

:xb1:
Rainbow Six: Siege (base game) 207-32-1134 $39.99 -> $27.98 (doesn't show in Brickseek, for some reason)
MXGP2 207-32-0156 $19.99 -> $13.98

:pc:
The Evil Within 2 207-28-1742 $39.99 -> $27.98
Battlefield 1 (code only) 207-28-1994 $19.89 -> $13.92
Mafia III 207-28-1281 $19.99 -> $13.98

Not showing up as clearance but these games are 9.99 was able to get a brawler Edition with final fantasy nt

Ps4
onrush 207-34-1825
Dragon quest heroes 2 207-34-0205
Final fantasy NT 207-34-0310

Xbox One
Onrush 207-32-1825

In fairness, the money they would pay an employee to figure out what to do with it is probably more then they’re ever going to see in sales from it. Least costly option is probably just ignore it forever.

As bad as Walmart is on this, the now defunct Kmart takes the cake. I have found expired food sitting on store shelves. Plus the dust/dirt is from the prior decades. It was like stepping back in time when entering a Kmart from the outdated look and products.

Not showing up as clearance but these games are 9.99 was able to get a brawler Edition with final fantasy nt

Ps4
onrush 207-34-1825
Dragon quest heroes 2 207-34-0205
Final fantasy NT 207-34-0310

Xbox One
Onrush 207-32-1825
I got a copy of Onrush and Dissidia at a Target nearby. They were not on the floor, but were in the back, Interestingly, when the associate searched for the item, he wanted the UPC vs. DPCI, but both games showed as discontinued in the system. Not sure if that means this may be a time-sensitive deal or what.

Also found a couple PSVR games on clearance at the same store:

Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality: as low as $14.98 (was $29.99) - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-34-0282

Bravo Team: as low as $27.98 (was $39.99) - https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-34-0195

As bad as Walmart is on this, the now defunct Kmart takes the cake. I have found expired food sitting on store shelves. Plus the dust/dirt is from the prior decades. It was like stepping back in time when entering a Kmart from the outdated look and products.
Every time I buy food at Kmart I check the expiration dates, I occasionally find items that expired 6+ months ago. Combined with the high prices, even more since they filed for bankruptcy plus being out of stock on many items almost every shopping trip, I can't imagine going there for anything if I wasn't paying for everything with my ShopYourWay points. There is also no longer a price check machine that works at my local store either which makes it even more difficult to shop since the shelf price stickers are usually wrong.

In fairness, the money they would pay an employee to figure out what to do with it is probably more then they’re ever going to see in sales from it. Least costly option is probably just ignore it forever.
This same store also has several copies of the Halo Reach limited editions out for sale.

KMart is bad at it too, but in my are WalMart is way worse with expiration dates.  Of course Ollies is the "worst" but that's sort of the whole point of the store...and most stuff doesn't go bad for quite a while after expiration anyway.

Sounds like a casualty of Walmart's "clearance is at the manager's discretion" policy. From what I've read on this site, Target typically gives merchandise to thrift stores after it's made it through several rounds of clearance unpurchased.

Also, I can understand why no one would buy the PS2 version of the AC/DC Rock Band Track Pack. The whole point of the track pack, at least on 360 and probably PS3 as well, was that it included a download code so you could play those tracks in the full versions of Rock Band. What you got on disc was a gimped version of the first Rock Band game that had only the AC/DC songs, no Band World Tour mode, and no online multiplayer.

If anyone does manage to find a 360 copy of it, assuming the download code still works, you should be able to download the DLC in Rock Band 4 on Xbox One.

Saw :ps4: Sonic Mania Plus repackaged for $14.01. This is the base $20 game (that was digital only) plus the $5 dlc. Current retail is $30, so this is about 53% off. I haven't played a Sonic game in ages so I passed, but seems like a good price.

Looks like all of the last round of clearance games went to salvage. Scanned XB1 Xcom 2 which was previously 5.98 and it came up item not found. And none of the other games are in sight. Guess that explains the NA for prices on brickseek

Looks like all of the last round of clearance games went to salvage. Scanned XB1 Xcom 2 which was previously 5.98 and it came up item not found. And none of the other games are in sight. Guess that explains the NA for prices on brickseek
Games rarely go higher than 70% off on clearance. If you see one at that price, get it if you want it as its most likely going to salvage soon.

From how I've seen my Target does things is itll change to 70% on Monday then on Sunday at close they get shipped out

Saw :ps4: Sonic Mania Plus repackaged for $14.01. This is the base $20 game (that was digital only) plus the $5 dlc. Current retail is $30, so this is about 53% off. I haven't played a Sonic game in ages so I passed, but seems like a good price.
That's an awesome price actually as I don't believe physical Sonic Mania has gone on sale much, if at all, since its release last summer.

bread's done
Back