Target Clearance Thread XXIV

Has anyone been able to replicate the $18 price for Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut in southern Cali?
I got the last copy of GoTDC at the Target in West Hills, CA today for $17.99, so yes I can confirm it’s that price in SoCal. Also grabbed:
:ps4:
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown ($9.99)
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy ($14.99)
Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled ($19.99)
Death Stranding ($19.99)
Devil May Cry 5 ($14.99)
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot ($14.99)
Marvel’s Iron Man VR ($9.99)
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice ($29.99)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had to go out of town today, so I hit a couple of Target stores.

Got The Outer Worlds Switch for $14.99 since my husband mentioned it when we were first looking at Switch stuff and got The Wonderful 101 for $5.99. 

Also got Switch Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 at a Walmart for $4.

PS4 version of Ghost of Tsushima (Director's Cut) is clearanced at $17.99 (not sure if YMMV). There was only one copy in stock and on the floor at my local store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought GoT:DC and Fire Emblem Warriors, which were clearanced at $17.99 each. Also, I didn't buy it because previous Pokémon titles on Switch have brought me nothing but disappointment, but it seems that Pokémon Pearl/Diamond double pack is BOGO (not sure if there is anything else as part of the deal). So you are getting 2 copies of Diamond and 2 copies of Pearl for a subtotal of $119.99.

Bought GoT:DC and Fire Emblem Warriors, which were clearanced at $17.99 each. Also, I didn't buy it because previous Pokémon titles on Switch have brought me nothing but disappointment, but it seems that Pokémon Pearl/Diamond double pack is BOGO (not sure if there is anything else as part of the deal). So you are getting 2 copies of Diamond and 2 copies of Pearl for a subtotal of $119.99.
That's weird. I guess I'm going to Target tomorrow to check it out.

Was it marked as BOGO or did you have them scan it?

Anyone know the deal with Targets inventory system these days? I get that we can't expect Brickseek Target #'s to be accurate right, but man all of Target's system seems to be on the fritz. 

ex. On the Target app, it said my local Target had zero stock of sleds, but it said Target 20mins away had 15 or so, and it kept dropping as the days went by.  Finally when it was down to 7 left and still 0 at my local Target I head over to the one 20mins away. Get there and of course none to be found. I track down a Target guy and show him the app he says thats odd and scans it with his gun and that says 0 in stock. 

On the way home I stop by my local Target to see if they had GoT:DC for ps4(they did, SCORE) and on way out I stop by toy section and what do I see, like 10 of the sleds in questions just chilling on the shelf like nobody's business and of course I bought all 10 of them(my 5 kiddos and nieces and nephews, should be fun). 

anyways yeah, Target inventory system seems mad broken to me. 

Had to go out of town today, so I hit a couple of Target stores.

Got The Outer Worlds Switch for $14.99 since my husband mentioned it when we were first looking at Switch stuff and got The Wonderful 101 for $5.99.

Also got Switch Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 at a Walmart for $4.
Just found a copy of The Wonderful 101 at another store today for $6 as well. It was $10 at a different location when I checked like a week or two ago so I'm curious if it has dropped there. It seems like a few Switch games have gone to 70% off but most are still 50%. I don't see that there is any discernable pattern to it but some games being 70% off bucks the trend from the same clearance during previous years at this time (where it stayed at 50% across the board).

Just found a copy of The Wonderful 101 at another store today for $6 as well. It was $10 at a different location when I checked like a week or two ago so I'm curious if it has dropped there. It seems like a few Switch games have gone to 70% off but most are still 50%. I don't see that there is any discernable pattern to it but some games being 70% off bucks the trend from the same clearance during previous years at this time (where it stayed at 50% across the board).
Their markdowns seem to be insane (and also store by store?) A local Target on Sunday had Octopath marked down from $59.99 to a whopping $50.99 and the scanner actually said 'Clearance' on it. So who knows.

I wonder if you would get a prorated discount if you returned one of those copies

Wonder how long these clearances will last. I can probably go by the weekend at the earliest. Hoping GoT DC is still available at 17.99

You should as target prorates everything during bogo sales

Not sure why pokemon would be bogo though
Seriously doubt it is. It's probably intended to be like some kind of freebie bonus/swag with purchase of game and likely just the situation has been misconstrued. I saw a case of it recently when Target advertised a similar promo for buy 1 Super Mario Odyssey or Super Mario Party and get a free Mario plush character. Saw at least a few people incorrectly interpret it as Buy 1 Get 1 Free on the two games because of the way Target displayed the promotional details online. Nintendo just wouldn't do that. Too good to be true/correct.

edit: another game for the mega dump

:switch:

Poi: Explorer Edition - $8.99

Honest stupid question: I’m in no way endorsing or approving of return fraud (and this will be the last time you see me bring up the subject), but what’s the difference between that and something like, say, a return/rebuy situation for a game that’s full price at one store and clearance at another? I ask because I’ve used the return/rebuy strategy at Target before multiple times with a pretty good success rate, but I also don’t want to be fraudulent in my shopping habits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is actually a good question. A case can be made that there is a bit of a gray area there but it's definitely not on the same level as the cross-retailer return fraud that the other guy pulled. First off it's from the same retailer. And as others have pointed out you would be doing it with a receipt (within 90 days at most and in many cases less than that -- not a year later like that other dude) and so there would be definitive documentation on where the item came from and for how much. Secondly, and as an extension of that, IF the store allowed a return-rebuy they would be doing so with knowledge of the aforementioned information and in effect approving it given that. It makes a significant difference that such information is not obfuscated from them.

That's weird. I guess I'm going to Target tomorrow to check it out.

Was it marked as BOGO or did you have them scan it?
It's how it shows up in the system, at least at my store. You could ask an employee to look up the double pack at your local store and see if there are any promotions running for it. I'm curious as to whether they would actually let people do this, so please report your findings.

It wouldn't surprise me if the BOGO actually works. Years ago, I bought the Pokémon Sword/Shield double pack clearanced down to around $75-80 (still not worth it for that price, as I discovered).

Also keep an eye out for as-is tagged stuff this time of year. Sometimes you can get good electronics shit marked down from Christmas returns.

A few years ago I got a Canon camera lens for half off just because someone returned it and they marked it down for half off. Not even opened.

I'd pick up thps for $12.48 for series x.

Not giving any more money than I have to to craptivision
I'm pretty sad they got absorbed to work on Diablo. They keep hinting at something THPS related, but I don't see how they'd be working on another remaster for 3+4. I can't remember if I burned out on the games by the time those two hit shelves or not, so I'd definitely want them to round out my nostalgia trip.

So none of the local Targets have it in stock for me to try to purchase. It does have a BOGO in the system, the electronics guy looked it up, but he was sure it was 'buy set, get a magnet set' that they had for the Pokemon promotion. We're going out of town tomorrow for NYE, so I might hit a target there that lists 10+ in inventory and check to see what it actually rings up.

It's how it shows up in the system, at least at my store. You could ask an employee to look up the double pack at your local store and see if there are any promotions running for it. I'm curious as to whether they would actually let people do this, so please report your findings.

It wouldn't surprise me if the BOGO actually works. Years ago, I bought the Pokémon Sword/Shield double pack clearanced down to around $75-80 (still not worth it for that price, as I discovered).

Honest stupid question: I’m in no way endorsing or approving of return fraud (and this will be the last time you see me bring up the subject), but what’s the difference between that and something like, say, a return/rebuy situation for a game that’s full price at one store and clearance at another? I ask because I’ve used the return/rebuy strategy at Target before multiple times with a pretty good success rate, but I also don’t want to be fraudulent in my shopping habits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is kinda related to what I was going to ask.

I got in on the latest B2G1. I grabbed a couple games on Xbox, since they were OOS for Playstation. I was hoping I could just exchange the games for the PS version, but I'm guessing they'll go off the B2G1 price.

So my question: would Target let me exchange for the same game on a different system, even though the Xbox versions I have are the BOGO price? Should I just exchange the games for the Playstation version without a receipt?

It does have a BOGO in the system, the electronics guy looked it up, but he was sure it was 'buy set, get a magnet set' that they had for the Pokemon promotion.
That would seem to line up exactly with the point I made previously about the actual promo being for some kind of free bonus or swag item.

Not sure if it's been posted: Alan Wake Remastered PS5 is $8.99 (207-44-0104).

Also the 50% off "no home" clearance appears to end this Saturday.[attachment=36545:20220101_193739.jpg]

It’s been pissing me off that some games aren’t getting restocked near me. Anyone know when target usually restocks on games?

I noticed the "clearance box bins" are now missing from my store (there were 2 of them). So either they sold out of all of the clearance titles or they moved them to the back. Leaning towards the later because I can't see anyone pouncing on all of the titles that were left unless the prices were further reduced.

Brickseek is borked for Target inv & pricing. Mine all show Alan Wake Remastered PS5 as $24.99 but it was $8.99 in store.[attachment=36547:20220103_103620.jpg]

Not sure if BS is lying to me but Alan Wake is showing up full price for me.
Target clearance deals/prices are entirely YMMV. Targets around my area never drop their games that low. Clearance prices below $20-15 are basically unheard of. Used to see them ~4-5 years ago, but not anymore.

I just came back from target a few hrs ago, I didn't see anything. Do they have a app like walmart to check price?
I think the app displays the website price, but I am not 100% sure. I usually either have the employee check on the register, or for cased games I scan it at a standee scanner. But yeah, they have an app.

Target clearance deals/prices are entirely YMMV. Targets around my area never drop their games that low. Clearance prices below $20-15 are basically unheard of. Used to see them ~4-5 years ago, but not anymore.
Yeah. 3-4 years ago was a goldmine. Bought a gang of $6-$12 PS4/X1 games during those days. I would go every Monday to see if it drops even more. The lowest a game would go was $5.98 (70% off). Now it's all luck if I see a clearance game mark below $15. Last clearance game I bought from Target was Yakuza 6 PS4 for $12.

I remember back then, the clearance box at my local Target had an near endless supply of Doom(2016) for PC and Xbox One for $5. I regret not buying it at the time.

From my experience, Target clearances are generally store specific.  You can get some decent deals (Anybody remember the PS TV Bundle for 29.99?) but it is really hit or miss. 

Something to really keep an eye out for is online-only returns.  I'm not sure what the threshold is for them to put them on the floor and not send back to central returns warehouse in Minneapolis or wherever, but you can find some cool deals that way.  I guess the thought is "this item is so niche we aren't even sure if we can sell it in the store so let's take some money off it".

I remember back then, the clearance box at my local Target had an near endless supply of Doom(2016) for PC and Xbox One for $5. I regret not buying it at the time.
Doom 2016 for PC goes on sale digitally for that cheap often so you didn't really miss anything on that one. I historically prefer buying games physical, at least for consoles anyway, but for PC it has been pointless and obsolete for years now as things went predominately digital a long time ago and it's generally all reliant on software distribution platforms anyway..... in this case Steam.

if u buy a game for pickup that’s higher priced on app but cheaper instore, can u pick up then return and rebuy to get the store price?

How often does Target have their B2G1 free on video games? Is there any time of year it typically happens like every summer or something? Thanks.

if u buy a game for pickup that’s higher priced on app but cheaper instore, can u pick up then return and rebuy to get the store price?
When you pick it up, you can go to Guest Services and ask them to price match themselves. Just explain to them that the in-store price is cheaper than online and they usually grab a TC scanner and scan the item to see for themselves what the price is in-store and they'll adjust it accordingly. That's usually what happens when I do it regardless if it's a clearance price or not.

Managed to find the last Alan Wake in my area at an out of the way target on my drive home. Sure enough, rang up for $9. Thanks again for the tip, y'all

bread's done
Back