target kindle fire clearance ymmv

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
on my cellphone typing this excuse the grammar. was at target and was told kindle fire being clearanced out starting tomorrow.

Edit:
Not all Targets are notified of the clearance yet. I been to 2 and only 1 of them confirmed the clearance. They will drop like the video game clearances (30%, 50%, 70%-75%). I highly doubt it will go to 50% since its all over the news right now that Target will no longer be carrying amazon's e-reader products (I did not ask about the other kindles but I assume they will be clearing out too).

img20120502163946.jpg

My store still has a ton of them but I had a manager nice enough to reserve one for me for 24 hours.

Edit:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9596650&postcount=167

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you buy it and then wait and take your receipt back up there when they mark it down more. (don't know if this works for clearance items). I bought the Back to the Future on bluray the day before it went on sale and just took the receipt up there to get the difference the next day.

If they don't do that I might just buy it and wait to see if I can get one cheaper and take the first one back.

[quote name='mdsinc2']Can you buy it and then wait and take your receipt back up there when they mark it down more. (don't know if this works for clearance items). I bought the Back to the Future on bluray the day before it went on sale and just took the receipt up there to get the difference the next day.

If they don't do that I might just buy it and wait to see if I can get one cheaper and take the first one back.[/QUOTE]

already posted that they will not DO price adjustments on these

I figure

if they last till 99 i get one..
if they are gone at 99 o well too bad

[quote name='slidecage']already posted that they will not DO price adjustments on these

I figure

if they last till 99 i get one..
if they are gone at 99 o well too bad[/QUOTE]

thanks didnt see that. I tried to look through them. also you might want to capitalize NOT instead of do.

The irony of this sale is that Amazon gets all the profit (Target will eat up any discounts) plus all the new customers that will login and start using Amazon for digital content and, eventually, anything else Amazon sells.
And all this Target publicity will be like a free advertisement for Amazon and their eReader products. If anything, Amazon will look like an innocent victim of corporate backroom deals between Target and Apple.

Ugh.

I am NOT happy at Target after they horribly bungled the Buy 2 DVD for TV sets, Get $15 off last week (and then argued with me two different things that were wrong)...

But if I can get a Kindle out of it as a possible gift or for even personal use, I guess I can manage to make my way back over there. I'm also hoping I might luck out since one of the stores by me isn't frequented often by the "el hoardos".

And if Kindle cards are on sale, that'll be an even bigger reason to go.

[quote name='Wario64']Where are the amazon gift cards usually located?

Edit: Whoops, answered to my reply above! I was on my phone :)[/QUOTE]

at my target it by the cd

Went to Target today and they didn't have any kindles or gift cards. They had a spot for them but it was empty. I wonder if they pulled them to put them back out on clearance tomorrow. I did check the DCPI #s for the gift cards and fire and they were all regular price as of today.

Seems like everyone is going nuts for the Fire. I'm stopping on my way to work and see if the Kindle touch is on clearance yet. Already have an ipad, so not really interested in the fire.

soo tempting, now to find someone to make a target run for me. Sadly I don't live near a target. It will take me over an hour to get to one :(

I am surprised people are getting so excited already. Watch them fake you all out and start at 15%. And I'd bet they'd still sell most of them. Kindles drop in price regularly on their own not to mention they have been on sale with giftcards at a lot of places, so after tax, only 50+% would even get me to start thinking about one unless I was already planning to get another one right now.

My stores also just redesigned the kindle area, and I'm not even sure they are still there. Does this mean they will now use the redesigned area just to sell the nook or iriver something something?

[quote name='scottman']I am surprised people are getting so excited already. Watch them fake you all out and start at 15%. And I'd bet they'd still sell most of them. Kindles drop in price regularly on their own not to mention they have been on sale with giftcards at a lot of places, so after tax, only 50+% would even get me to start thinking about one unless I was already planning to get another one right now.

My stores also just redesigned the kindle area, and I'm not even sure they are still there. Does this mean they will now use the redesigned area just to sell the nook or iriver something something?[/QUOTE]
I have already confirmed it with the manager that it is going to be 30% before I asked him to reserve one for me. If it was 15% I would not consider getting one since tax would had pretty much killed the deal. Going to give this to my mom for mother's day.

I asked one of the managers at my Target store and he said that they're going to toss/defect/MIR the Kindle gift cards instead of putting them on clearance. :cry:

So in order to stiff your competition you are going to sell their product for bottom dollar prices so everyone will buy them. Target more like Tardet.

[quote name='Psychonik']So in order to stiff your competition you are going to sell their product for bottom dollar prices so everyone will buy them. Target more like Tardet.[/QUOTE]

How many kindles do they have per store? 20-50-100? Judging by the HP touchpad sale, people entering a Target store looking for that clearanced kindle -> well in the hundreds. Majority may go back empty-handed but a bunch will shop around for groceries and shit. Getting people into your store is never ever a bad thing. That's business my friend.

all over here and slickdeals. I'll go by before work tomorrow, but I'm betting every Kindle Touch will be gone.

[quote name='scottman']I am surprised people are getting so excited already. Watch them fake you all out and start at 15%. And I'd bet they'd still sell most of them. Kindles drop in price regularly on their own not to mention they have been on sale with giftcards at a lot of places, so after tax, only 50+% would even get me to start thinking about one unless I was already planning to get another one right now.

My stores also just redesigned the kindle area, and I'm not even sure they are still there. Does this mean they will now use the redesigned area just to sell the nook or iriver something something?[/QUOTE]

well i think my people here are looking to get the kindle fire, which since it's launch hasn't really been on sale. i think so far the best sale thus far was a 20 dollar giftcard with purchase from walmart. so even at 30% off, this blows any other deal out of the water so far.

Eh I'm down for Kindle cards if they bother selling them.
I honestly like my playbook. I just ported Kindle on it and it's all good.
So if they all sell out at the 30% mark then no biggie.
If there still is any around at 50% though I'll probably pick it up as a gift or something.

[quote name='gundie']Already have an iPad 3rd gen. Any reason why I would want a kindle fire?[/QUOTE]
Other then 7in screen.
Not particularly.
I mean you can root Android on it but if you bought an iPad I'm assuming you already debated the pros/cons of iOS in comparison to Android.

[quote name='gundie']Already have an iPad 3rd gen. Any reason why I would want a kindle fire?[/QUOTE]
It works pretty good as a coaster.

Yeah but recognize that we are cheapassgamers we aren't buying groceries unless they are dirt cheap. For the love of Christ Target.com won't even allow to checkout if you're using Google Chrome.

[quote name='Psychonik']Yeah but recognize that we are cheapassgamers we aren't buying groceries unless they are dirt cheap.[/QUOTE]
Just bought 20c/lb watermelon and 20c/lb banana today at our local hispanic grocery market on my way back from work:cool:

Yeah, so you don't look like a hipster douchebag... j/k j/k

No but in all seriousness , if you wanna carry and use a tablet in public without the fear of having your expensive iPad stolen or broken then yeah go for the Fire, at $139.98 it wouldn't be the end of the world if something happened to it plus it's smaller and easier to carry around. Save your iPad for when you at home or in your hotel room or something.

I thought electronics started at 15% off?

[quote name='htz']on my cellphone typing this excuse the grammar. was at target and was told kindle fire being clearanced out starting tomorrow.

Edit:
Not all Targets are notified of the clearance yet. I been to 2 and only 1 of them confirmed the clearance. They will drop like the video game clearances (30%, 50%, 70%-75%). I highly doubt it will go to 50% since its all over the news right now that Target will no longer be carrying amazon's e-reader products (I did not ask about the other kindles but I assume they will be clearing out too).
[/QUOTE]

Just got back from my local store. No mass rush or anything, but of course, that may be because they haven't clearanced any of the Kindle related items. I asked the woman in electronics, and she said the only thing she was told was that they'd no longer be carrying them, and nothing about a clearance sale.

Figures. It's not a big enough deal for me to drive 45 minutes to my next closest store, but my local Target is always notoriously terrible for clearancing things at the same time as other stores.

[quote name='caMOFOg']Anyone waiting for target to open? Are there lines forming outside of target?[/QUOTE]

Just drove past a Target and I saw tents.

[quote name='htz']I have already confirmed it with the manager that it is going to be 30% before I asked him to reserve one for me. If it was 15% I would not consider getting one since tax would had pretty much killed the deal. Going to give this to my mom for mother's day.[/QUOTE]

Target again will not start these at 30 percent off, it will either be 10 or 15 percent, this is the normal course for electronics of this nature, i run electronics at a Target store.

No go in Lexington (Hamburg Store) but then this location is terrible for clearances. Will check back in later, they seem to have a few.

Was one other gentleman waiting to check as well, this was 20 min or so after opening.

Ill try to head to Target and check this out. My local sounds a lot like Timber's, clearance section has always been... why bother

And no, Target never clearances out GiftCards, NEVER. I don't care what anyone says in this thread, ive worked at Target for 7 years and last 3 in electronics, Giftcards get destroyed if they no longer will be sold.

[quote name='iambeaker']Just drove past a Target and I saw tents.[/QUOTE]

Lol, that's extreme. Is a new system launching? ;) I don't think the initial percentage off will be that great....

I glanced at the topic on slickdeals, and it sounds like most stores are NOT marking them down. A lot of people are being told that the stores will just send them back to Amazon before they'd clearance them. Glad I live so close to one, or I'd consider this a huge waste of time. I'll check in another week, and if they do end up clearance pricing them, I'll take my chances.

Went to the 2 closest targets and no go on the clearance sale. The 1st rep didn't hear anything about clearance on the kindles. The 2nd rep told me they will only clearance the kindles if approved by amazon but most likely will return the units. YMMV

[quote name='jstew9']No go in Lexington (Hamburg Store) but then this location is terrible for clearances. Will check back in later, they seem to have a few.

Was one other gentleman waiting to check as well, this was 20 min or so after opening.[/QUOTE]
Lol. That was me. I either now have a friend or have found my competition. Jk. Good luck with the fire.

[quote name='timberwolfbobby']I glanced at the topic on slickdeals, and it sounds like most stores are NOT marking them down. A lot of people are being told that the stores will just send them back to Amazon before they'd clearance them. Glad I live so close to one, or I'd consider this a huge waste of time. I'll check in another week, and if they do end up clearance pricing them, I'll take my chances.[/QUOTE]

For what it is worth, i have not received any emails about the kindles going clearance other then me being told to remove them from the floor.

I went to my target and the guy said there is no sale on it that he heard of. I'm going to buy one at full price and do a change of payment within 45 days. I'll take a gamble on the percentage off

[quote name='Macburgel']I went to my target and the guy said there is no sale on it that he heard of. I'm going to buy one at full price and do a change of payment within 45 days. I'll take a gamble on the percentage off[/QUOTE]
Does that work on clearance items?

No go at my target. They only knew that they were going to stop carrying the kindles. No idea about a reduction in price.

I'm so going to laugh if Amazon puts theirs on sale for the same price for Mother's day haha... Less so when they drop to $150 as the holiday season approaches and the new (and superior) models are released. It's funny how when this was released most people were like "seems like it has potential but I'm going to wait for the 2nd generation" but now that they're cheaper everybody wants one.

At $100 I'd definitely get one as you can't really go wrong for that price. But like I said before with my $100 TP running Android almost flawlessly (still a few games/apps it's blocked from or isn't compatible with that I know it should technically be able to run, and the camera isn't working yet but I don't even care about that) there's not really a point other than access to the Amazon/Fire marketplace. I have a Kindle app already, Netflix is now working, most major games work...pretty happy.

I know most people are against limiting here, but this is also a situation where I feel they should limit customers to like two per purchase. They'll probably sell out really quickly so at least that should prevent people from coming back to grab more later in the day.

[quote name='sp8001']Lol at the people in tents. Just sad, that's all...[/QUOTE]

Tents? is it that serious?
Eh...People have been crazy at work lately...
The Holidays kind of crazy...

Hi,
I just left the East Liberty store in Pittsburgh, they have a bunch, but they haven't been marked down yet. Anyone have any luck yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back