target kindle fire clearance ymmv

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
on my cellphone typing this excuse the grammar. was at target and was told kindle fire being clearanced out starting tomorrow.

Edit:
Not all Targets are notified of the clearance yet. I been to 2 and only 1 of them confirmed the clearance. They will drop like the video game clearances (30%, 50%, 70%-75%). I highly doubt it will go to 50% since its all over the news right now that Target will no longer be carrying amazon's e-reader products (I did not ask about the other kindles but I assume they will be clearing out too).

img20120502163946.jpg

My store still has a ton of them but I had a manager nice enough to reserve one for me for 24 hours.

Edit:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9596650&postcount=167

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, this won't start at 30 percent off clearance. Like all major electronics items, it will start at 15 percent off.

i was thinking of grabbing one and loading it up with free games from amazon but i dont know if you can hook these up to a free hot spots

there are 96 RPG games you can download on this .. I wonder how many it would hold

man most of the rpgs look awful worse then anything you would see on a NES

[quote name='Solomon87']Guys, this won't start at 30 percent off clearance. Like all major electronics items, it will start at 15 percent off.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed at 30%. Then 50%. Then 75%. Week 1, Week 2, Week 3.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Well some stories have said that Amazon's insistent of an app to check their prices against Target and other local stores during the Holidays ticked them off. And hey, Amazon won't carry the iPad anymore for various reasons. So why not.[/QUOTE]

Also a lot of Targets are getting mini-Apple kiosks in them according to the article summary I read on Consumerist.

[quote name='Wario64']I've never seen Amazon GCs at my Target. I guess didn't look hard enough[/QUOTE]
They're only labeled as Amazon Kindle cards, but they are the same as regular Amazon gift cards. They are also usually placed on a rack above the locked glass cabinet with the Kindles.

i've had a Fire for about a month now and it's pretty awesome--the carousel is ugly but there's a workaround to get Go Launcher EX on it and if all else it's very easy to "root" and basically put whatever you want on it--Nook app,etc

This definitely seems like a good price but I have an HP touchpad and barely find myself really using it. Although I'm guessing the Kindle Fire would have a bigger active app store than what the Touchpad has right now. That would be great if the Amazon kindle cards were discounted as well.

I want to be excited but not really sure how much I would use this after i bought one. (prob same reason why i haven't bought one yet)

[quote name='doctorfaustus']I wonder if the e-ink Kindles will be put on clearance as well.[/QUOTE]
I believe so.

I don't know if I would buy one, I know a new model is bound to come out this Christmas which is not far away at all. I don't like the idea of having everything tied to an amazon account either, since if amazon bans you, which is sometimes arbitrary, you lose all your purchases attached to your device too, and renders your device useless.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed at 30%. Then 50%. Then 75%. Week 1, Week 2, Week 3.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed by whom? Target does not start out at 30 percent unless the item could not be found in our stockrooms when it first went on clearance. I run one of their electronics departments.

[quote name='slidecage']i think i will wait till next thursday and try for 99... 140 is little over priced even at new

too bad there wasnt a USB port that you could hook it up and download apps that way... not sure if this would download at hotspots locally

EDIT MAYBE YOU CAN ??

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200729530

Double edit..

Looks like everything else besides games... o well so close in buying one[/QUOTE]

what?? 140 overpriced?

kindle fire at 200 is still a bargin

[quote name='Solomon87']Confirmed by whom? Target does not start out at 30 percent unless the item could not be found in our stockrooms when it first went on clearance. I run one of their electronics departments.[/QUOTE]

It has been stated by several Target employees and managers at various stores including the manager at my local store. This is not part of a normal clearance cycle, as also noted by the Thursday start date instead of the normal Monday. This is a special cycle to get these things out the door as soon as possible because target feels jealous of Amazon.

[quote name='Solomon87']Confirmed by whom? Target does not start out at 30 percent unless the item could not be found in our stockrooms when it first went on clearance. I run one of their electronics departments.[/QUOTE]
"Target is phasing out Amazon- and Kindle-branded products in the spring of 2012," Target spokeswoman Molly Snyder wrote in an email to Reuters. "We will continue to offer our guests a full assortment of e-readers and supporting accessories."
The decision includes Amazon's new Kindle Fire tablet, its range of Kindle e-readers and all accessories for the devices, including covers and chargers.
This is not a normal clearance, they want the products removed by May 13.

I've been wanting to buy a Kindle Touch so I can't pass on this. I'll check a couple of stores tomorrow. Hopefully, everyone focuses on the Fire and ignores the Touch.

[quote name='emg28']I've been wanting to buy a Kindle Touch so I can't pass on this. I'll check a couple of stores tomorrow. Hopefully, everyone focuses on the Fire and ignores the Touch.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

God damn my resolve to hold out for a 10" model is weakening. These will not last a week, not without being resourceful or have an insider ha. On the one hand, $140 is a lesser investment and a great deal. But wanting the best comes at a premium.

Hmmm. . .

This was on the 5 o'clock news with no mention of discounts, just clearance so the soccer moms will be aware FYI.

No offense but I've found that Target, Best Buy and Staples employees are the last to know when it comes to pricing.

I will be surprised if these are NOT 30% off at Target tomorrow morning.

[quote name='Nohbdy']So why would anyone rush out to buy these early when they know they can be cheaper later?[/QUOTE]

Because once they're gone, they're gone. It's a high risk/high reward gamble.

[quote name='timberwolfbobby']Because once they're gone, they're gone. It's a high risk/high reward gamble.[/QUOTE]
Yep that's the dilemma for this deal, going to check after work at my target to see this

[quote name='DonDonRaiden']I wonder how this effects those (like myself) who purchased an extended warranty on Kindle devices purchased from Target? SOL?[/QUOTE]

It goes through a 3rd party company. You won't deal directly with Target, and your warranty should still be valid.

[quote name='Nohbdy']So why would anyone rush out to buy these early when they know they can be cheaper later?[/QUOTE]

I wonder why folks are excited as much as they are given there will be a better and/or cheaper kindle fire out in a few months and the current fire hardware will probably be $150.

So any confirmation to Kindle GC's yet? I am half tempted to go down to my target to check tomorrow because even at 30% off, a $25 GC would be pretty sweet.

Considering I have a TouchPad I got for $99 that's now stably running Android I think I'll pass unless I'd see it for $100...140's definitely too much unless my Wife ends up really wanted one.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So any confirmation to Kindle GC's yet? I am half tempted to go down to my target to check tomorrow because even at 30% off, a $25 GC would be pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]

The Kindle cards were clearanced at 50% off at Target, at 1 time. People in the Target clearance thread would know more about it. As, I didn't get in on that deal.:cry:

[quote name='JKSonic']Considering I have a TouchPad I got for $99 that's now stably running Android I think I'll pass unless I'd see it for $100...140's definitely too much unless my Wife ends up really wanted one.[/QUOTE]

Ditto on the Touchpad!!!! :D The HP Touchpad with Android is f'in AMAAAAZINGGGGGGG!!!!!! $99!!!!!

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So any confirmation to Kindle GC's yet? I am half tempted to go down to my target to check tomorrow because even at 30% off, a $25 GC would be pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]

This - I may have to head over for that alone.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']The Kindle cards were clearanced at 50% off at Target, at 1 time. People in the Target clearance thread would know more about it. As, I didn't get in on that deal.:cry:

Ditto on the Touchpad!!!! :D The HP Touchpad with Android is f'in AMAAAAZINGGGGGGG!!!!!! $99!!!!![/QUOTE]

OT but can you link me to where you got the instructions to put android on your touchpad? I haven't tried yet and I'm not very good with electronics

[quote name='GBAstar']OT but can you link me to where you got the instructions to put android on your touchpad? I haven't tried yet and I'm not very good with electronics[/QUOTE]

This guy has really good instructions! Be sure to check through his vids for other helpful info!!! :)

The camera isn't working yet on the Android side....but, you will have your WebOS on the other side of your Touchpad with the camera. I check that side once every 1,000 years!:) Also, download the Flash Player from the Android Market after you install the software. WebOS is running well, but I am hooked on Android.

http://www.youtube.com/user/reverendkjr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDO1Jj3NYDw

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']This guy has really good instructions! Be sure to check through his vids for other helpful info!!! :)

The camera isn't working yet on the Android side....but, you will have your WebOS on the other side of your Touchpad with the camera. I check that side once every 1,000 years!:) Also, download the Flash Player from the Android Market after you install the software.

http://www.youtube.com/user/reverendkjr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDO1Jj3NYDw[/QUOTE]

Awesome.. thank you very much!

going back to work tomorrow. (target) i wonder if the kindles are clearanced yet . i wonder if the amazon giftcards are going clearance too

[quote name='JKSonic']Considering I have a TouchPad I got for $99 that's now stably running Android I think I'll pass unless I'd see it for $100...140's definitely too much unless my Wife ends up really wanted one.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for rubbing it in that everyone else got a TP and not me... feels just like I am reading slickdeals! At least here I can reasonably assume you weren't trying to be a dick about it, unlike SD ;)

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']The Kindle cards were clearanced at 50% off at Target, at 1 time. People in the Target clearance thread would know more about it. As, I didn't get in on that deal.:cry:

Ditto on the Touchpad!!!! :D The HP Touchpad with Android is f'in AMAAAAZINGGGGGGG!!!!!! $99!!!!![/QUOTE]

I have the Touchpad as well. I wonder how low the Kindle Fire will go. It's a fire sale, lol. I had to.

The irony is they are clearancing these out to where they don't sell their competition yet they are giving Amazon free publicity as well as putting tons of their competition into consumers hands with the lower price point.....

Interested if the Amazon Gift Cards go on clearance - but then I don't know if I really need any more Amazon credit. I will use it eventually but I hate having money just tied up. Amazon is always useful around the holidays though.

Where are the amazon gift cards usually located?

Edit: Whoops, answered to my reply above! I was on my phone :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back