Target's Blu-ray movie Ad 12/20 to 12/26

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
*Could've sworn I posted this here last night. Don't know if it was merged or deleted. Maybe I was just dreaming; long night at work... anyway... feel free to merge, delete if duplicate.*

All $19.99 in next weeks Target ad 12-20-2009
Minus the $5 Blu-ray coupon = $14.99

- Snow White
- Disney's Up
- Year One
- District 9
- Pelham 123
- Family Guy Something Darkside
- Night at the Museum 2
- The Ugly Truth

Getting FG: Something Darkside for sure. Kind of want NATM2 too... have been waiting to get it at 14.99 price range... How's district 9? Heard it's good but not sure...

[quote name='Greenboom98']Getting FG: Something Darkside for sure. Kind of want NATM2 too... have been waiting to get it at 14.99 price range... How's district 9? Heard it's good but not sure...[/QUOTE] Just so you know if you didn't already there's a $3 MF coupon for Family Guy in the Fox coupon thread.

I want to get District 9 but I have bought way too much stuff with this coupon already...

There's a manufacturers coupon for $10 off UP, making it $5. No, I don't have a link. It's one of the best movies of the year, and Pixar's best, in my opinion. Worth it at $15, not to be missed at $5!

I need Up and District 9. Hopefully there are some mfg coupons out there somewhere to stack with the Target coupon

[quote name='csabatini']Just so you know if you didn't already there's a $3 MF coupon for Family Guy in the Fox coupon thread.
[/QUOTE]

Will Target accept a print out of this coupon? It looked pretty fuzzy when I printed it.

[quote name='Greenboom98']Getting FG: Something Darkside for sure. Kind of want NATM2 too... have been waiting to get it at 14.99 price range... How's district 9? Heard it's good but not sure...[/QUOTE]

Forget NATM2 it's God awful, and instead score one of the best movies of the year by far - District 9.

[quote name='Greenboom98']Getting FG: Something Darkside for sure. Kind of want NATM2 too... have been waiting to get it at 14.99 price range... How's district 9? Heard it's good but not sure...[/QUOTE]
NATM2 has a $3 manufacture coupon, if you didn't know. D9 is one of the best films of this year.

pelham 123 and district 9 will be bought. wish these coupons lasted longer lol. hopefully a good price on extract will be available too

Call me what you want, but in addition to District 9 as one of this years best don't overlook 500 Days of Summer. BTW, anyone know how much Target will be selling it for?

[quote name='acdcrocks1980']District 9 was amazing. I saw it at a midnight showing. Then went back the next day and saw it again. Cannot wait for the bluray[/QUOTE]

District 9 story maybe good since this is like a scifi drama like but I think the video quality isn't that good - maybe because it is like documentary style - sorta like Cloverfield.

[quote name='cagfansub']District 9 story maybe good since this is like a scifi drama like but I think the video quality isn't that good - maybe because it is like documentary style - sorta like Cloverfield.[/QUOTE]Might want to rethink that for the BR release, which had 4.5 out of 5 on video quality:

[quote name='From BluRay.com review']Sony's 1080p, 1.85:1-framed transfer of District 9 is practically of reference quality in every frame. Shot on the Red One high definition digital camera, every square inch of the frame looks extraordinary; only deliberately rough and aged standard-definition footage as seen primarily at the beginning of the film, slightly underwhelming blacks in select scenes, and incredibly minute banding in a couple of high definition shots represent any sort of distraction from what is, overall, a brilliantly rendered high definition image. Colors are marvelously vibrant but never overpowering; the slums of Johannesburg take on a slight earth tone considering the dirt, grime, and rust, but clothing stands apart as particularly striking. Complementing the wonderful color scheme is an incredibly fine level of detailing that's generally nothing short of astonishing. Wikus' sweater as worn at the beginning of the film features a particularly strong texturing. Facial detail in close-up shots reveal beads of sweat, pores, and facial hair stubbles as handsomely and realistically as any other Blu-ray disc to date. Additionally, the rough detail of the slums -- the rust, filth, and broken down shacks and equipment -- as evidenced in most every exterior shot throughout the film offers breathtakingly sharp and finely-rendered imagery. Even distance shots remain sharp, focused, and intricately detailed. This digital high definition image is pristinely clean, with only slight noise to be found in but a few particularly darkened shots. Flesh tones are consistently accurate as well. District 9 is the latest in visual eye candy and another stellar Blu-ray transfer from Sony.[/quote]

I'm in for Up and District 9

edit - is there an active mfg coupon for Up?

Last edited by a moderator:
for sure getting District 9 day one. District 9 and Avatar are by far the most original movies that came out this year or in a long time. Not a sequel or based on a book or comic just pure epic sci fi. District 9 was the most intense movie ive seen, starts off as a documentary for like 20 mins or so then non stop action.

[quote name='jazzman']Call me what you want, but in addition to District 9 as one of this years best don't overlook 500 Days of Summer. BTW, anyone know how much Target will be selling it for?[/QUOTE]

I will probably rent 500 Days of Summer cause I've heard good things about it.

[quote name='xewndar1']for sure getting District 9 day one. District 9 and Avatar are by far the most original movies that came out this year or in a long time. Not a sequel or based on a book or comic just pure epic sci fi. District 9 was the most intense movie ive seen, starts off as a documentary for like 20 mins or so then non stop action.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to let you know this but Avatar is an extension of Terminator: Salvation so its a sequel.

[quote name='cdeener']...Sorry to let you know this but Avatar is an extension of Terminator: Salvation so its a sequel.[/QUOTE]

Eh?

[quote name='cdeener']Sorry to let you know this but Avatar is an extension of Terminator: Salvation so its a sequel.[/QUOTE]

:dunce:

The website is updated ad and all.

$19.99
Family Guy: Something Something Something Darkside
District 9
Year One
Up
Tinkerbell & The Lost Treasure
Snow White
Santa Buddies
Night at the Museum 2
The Ugly Truth
Taking of Pelham 123

$24.99
500 Days of Summer
All About Steve

Damn I love this coupon.

[quote name='Ed_']Eh?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thePhildown']:dunce:[/QUOTE]

Put spoiler up for those that haven't seen Avatar yet.
The machine that helps John Conner in Terminator: Salvation becomes one of the creatures in Avatar
so Avatar is an extension of the story since they deal with him in both films.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cdeener']Put spoiler up for those that haven't seen Avatar yet.
The machine that helps John Conner in Terminator: Salvation becomes one of the creatures in Avatar
so Avatar is an extension of the story since they deal with him in both films.[/QUOTE]

Nice try troll. ;)

for those seeking internet advice:

District 9 is perhaps a cousin of Cloverfield but not a brother or sister. Cloverfield sticks with the 1st person subjective POV the whole time while District 9 segues into a more stable objective camera for most of the sequences so if you're worried about getting sick, don't let that deter you.

District 9 is a great film that takes lots of chances despite its blockbuster-esque status. The performances are great, with no distracting starpower, and the story is fantastic, with or without the subtext. If you're getting one film this week - esp. at this price - get D9.

Also I wish (500) Days was cheaper. I don't think I can bite at 20. I can see it dropping soon, just because the demand will be so high and they'll want to make the pricepoint more accessible. 17 soon?

[quote name='cdeener']Put spoiler up for those that haven't seen Avatar yet.
so Avatar is an extension of the story since they deal with him in both films.[/QUOTE]
thanks for that worthless and false information

[quote name='Megalith']Will Target have District 9 on Tuesday?[/QUOTE]

Yes, well, maybe not if the weather is an issue. They should have it.

why are the CD's coming out Monday and the Movies Tuesday?? is one misprinted? will they both be today b/c of the holiday's? that would be great..

EDIT: nvm, even on the cover of Eminem's Relapse-Refill album he has the date as 12/21/09...

[quote name='exRounder']

District 9 is a great film that takes lots of chances despite its blockbuster-esque status. The performances are great, with no distracting starpower, and the story is fantastic, with or without the subtext. If you're getting one film this week - esp. at this price - get D9.

[/QUOTE]

I did hear one thing about Wickus (The main character for those who haven't seen it), why his performance feels so god damned real is because he improvised most of his dialouge. That's bloody amazing, his performance is really good.

[quote name='karkyco']Forget NATM2 it's God awful, and instead score one of the best movies of the year by far - District 9.[/QUOTE]
Its a great family movie.

bread's done
Back