TC1013's Ebay Experience. Caution: If All Is Not Read, U May Post Stupidly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Dead of Knight']Yeah, if you're nice to assholes like these, they just walk all over you.[/quote]

The only time I ever had a problem like that, I was nice to the assholes, and they walked all over me by doing exactly what I asked them to do (refund a few dollars, the difference between the new and used price).

So I'll just keep being nice to assholes and let them walk all over me. Maybe even to ones that think I'm stalking them on this site, and question my sexuality (which is pointless; I wouldn't sleep with them regardless).

I would contact PayPal immediately to get your money back due to a fraudulent transaction. They will contact the seller and give him/her a deadline to resolve this matter. After the deadline, they refund your money and freeze their account. You will only get the amount you spent on PayPal, so you will have to foot the shipping charges to return the item. Send it certified, so you have proof it was received. Then, leave major negative feedback so other gamers won't fall victim to this crrok.

Are any late posters actually READING the thread? Seems like they just read the first post instead of looking towards the end and seeing Trust got all his money back....

[quote name='hohndog']I would contact PayPal immediately to get your money back due to a fraudulent transaction. They will contact the seller and give him/her a deadline to resolve this matter. After the deadline, they refund your money and freeze their account. You will only get the amount you spent on PayPal, so you will have to foot the shipping charges to return the item. Send it certified, so you have proof it was received. Then, leave major negative feedback so other gamers won't fall victim to this crrok.[/quote]

You should read the replies as well.

[quote name='Sartori']Your problem is this: you opened it knowing that it wasn't sealed. Now you sound like a fraud because you opened it despite "knowing" it was not sealed.[/quote]

Correction: My problem WAS that. Either way, I've explained it before, but i know its undoubtedly buried deep within this thread somewhere. The reason that I opened it is because she may have bought it from gamestop or electronic boutique and it could've been a dislpay copy. I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. I am not a collector in the sense that I don't open my games. I do open my games, thats the reason games are made, so they can be enjoyed. I opened it to see if the disc was scratched up or not, to see if I had a problem or not...I didn't want to create a hassle if thier wasn't a hassle to create. That is my way of thinking and I stand by it. I don't know what the problem is, I worked myself into getting more then almost anyone could've gotten out of this. At one point, I thought I could get her to pay me more then what she owed me, but I didn't want to step into the illegal department myself.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Are any late posters actually READING the thread? Seems like they just read the first post instead of looking towards the end and seeing Trust got all his money back....[/quote]

I'm starting to think the same thing...I'm just glad that I could amuse the few that took the time to stick by my side during this whole thing and read the novel that I posted.

phew just finished reading the conversation...
damn that was long...

Nice job getting your money back (and a lil extra bak :twisted: )

Trust you are smart for what you did.

i think sometimes the difference between really smart, and just smart, is the ability to work your intelligence level with different kinds of people.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Trust you are smart for what you did.

i think sometimes the difference between really smart, and just smart, is the ability to work your intelligence level with different kinds of people.[/quote]

so am i just smart or really smart? :lol:

so.. now that you got your money back and got to keep the game as well..

i'll give you 5 for it?

AND.. I'LL pay the three dollar shipping :D

lol...i wont buy used games unless their is no way to find them brand new...or unless the brand new price is over a ridiculous amount of money with no hopes of ever getting cheaper..............but on the otherhand, i will take a free used game...with a nice little side story to go with it...if i sold it to you, would you be willing to tell your grandchildren the story of how you got it in about 45 yrs or so?

Now that it's all said and done, I'm wondering if you got the MGS2 demo disc as well?

Looking at the all the drama makes me thankful for the ZOE auction that I won earlier this week. Even though it was used, the game was in minty fresh condition, contained the demo, and, because I used a BIN, the seller gave me free (?!?) overnight FedEx shipping.

You should contact paypal about that right now

you can get your money back and then you can be happy with all the stuff you have

just kidding, I read the whole thing

that's what you gotta do when you are getting screwed over.
use your intelligence to their disadvantage

[quote name='BigHow']Now that it's all said and done, I'm wondering if you got the MGS2 demo disc as well?

Looking at the all the drama makes me thankful for the ZOE auction that I won earlier this week. Even though it was used, the game was in minty fresh condition, contained the demo, and, because I used a BIN, the seller gave me free (?!?) overnight FedEx shipping.[/quote]

yup...got the demo disc as well...not that that really does anything for me, id still rather have the sealed game...but im definitely not gonna bitch over free stuff....

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='BigHow']Now that it's all said and done, I'm wondering if you got the MGS2 demo disc as well?

Looking at the all the drama makes me thankful for the ZOE auction that I won earlier this week. Even though it was used, the game was in minty fresh condition, contained the demo, and, because I used a BIN, the seller gave me free (?!?) overnight FedEx shipping.[/quote]

yup...got the demo disc as well...not that that really does anything for me, id still rather have the sealed game...but im definitely not gonna bitch over free stuff....[/quote]
Did ZOE ever come without the demo? I am wondering because I just got ZOE for $10 and it had the MSG2 demo with it. (it was also in flawless condition, thank you game exchange and your anal scratch policies when trading in games.)

[quote name='Tom'][quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='BigHow']Now that it's all said and done, I'm wondering if you got the MGS2 demo disc as well?

yup...got the demo disc as well...not that that really does anything for me, id still rather have the sealed game...but im definitely not gonna bitch over free stuff....[/quote]
Did ZOE ever come without the demo? I am wondering because I just got ZOE for $10 and it had the MSG2 demo with it. (it was also in flawless condition, thank you game exchange and your anal scratch policies when trading in games.)[/quote]

Some people trade away the demos separately. So you've got to be careful.

That was a DAMN GOOD response you gave them. Plus, add this if they give you more hassle, something like: "If you were such a reputable business, then you should have noticed that all new PS2 games come sealed at the top. Now if you didn't notice the seal was gone when you purchased it from your third party, then you're a damn idiot. And if you didn't know that all PS2 games come sealed at the top, then you're a bigger idiot than I thought".

Hey TrustCo,
Here’s what I found out after you posted the auction where your game came from
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8114813585#ebayphotohosting
In the auction they bought: Onimusha, Tekken 4, Virtua Fighter 4, Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero, Zone of the Enders, The Bouncer, Dynasty Warriors 3, and Twisted Metal Black for the low price of $51.00. And resold 5 of those games (see below) for almost a $14.00 profit!! If they try to give you more crap or try to say they “didn’t know it wasn’t new, that’s how we got it” , then send them the link to the auction they bought the gaes from and send them these links. I would also contact eBay and possibly these other buyers so that other people are aware of it.
One word.........BUSTED!!!!!!
Onimusha Warlords (sold for $8.24- “sealed new”):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8119349632&rd=1

Tekken 4 (Did not sell-probably will resell later):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8119330334&rd=1

Virtua Fighter 4:
Could not locate- Probably kept or will sell in the future.

Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero (sold for $8.49- “sealed new”):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8119355058&rd=1

Zone of the Enders (sold for $22.25- “sealed new”):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8119347506&rd=1

The Bouncer (sold for $15.50- “like new”):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8119564914&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Dynasty Warriors 3:
Could not locate- Probably kept or will sell in the future.

Twisted Metal Black (sold for $10.00- “sealed new”):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8119340489&rd=1

So, they buy 8 games for $51.00 and resell 5 of them for $64.48...and they get to keep 3 games and turn over a $13.48 profit, what crap!

I spent about 20 min reading through the whole thing and it was well worth it. Way to go Trust.
y220e.gif

ARA1616: i will give you 343.60 OK?

deal you should hold them to that.
I have a problem but I am the seller I am selling el wire my description says please email for shipping rates to canada.
and I have it as buy it now for 3.25 for one foot & 5.50 for shipping. the guy paypals me 8.75 and says in the paypal note he wants 3 feet of blue and prioity shipping (starts at 7.00) he is in canada. i have emailed him 5 times in 4 days no response he is a new bidder with no fb and I have over 300 postive fb and no negs.

[quote name='Dead of Knight'][quote name='BigHow']the seller gave me free (?!?) overnight FedEx shipping.[/quote]

WTF that must have cost a fortune! :shock:[/quote]

I know! I think he must have gotten it for free from his work or something. If he didn't, he's definitely the most generous soul I've met on eBay.

I hope you leave them negative feedback after all this... Even though they eventually (and reluctantly to say the least) rectified the situation. This is clearly a scam artist and others should be warned about it.

[quote name='dafoomie']I hope you leave them negative feedback after all this[/quote]

that's actually what i was going to say.

she'll leave you positive feedback, thinking "well, i blew this one, but at least no one else will know" and then you can crush her soul even further by leaving negative feedback saying something like "sells used products as new. scammer should be banned!" or something like that. although you did get to keep the game, but that could kind of be the icing on the cake.

howlinmad,the point is to not let a scammer cheat you when you didn't do anything wrong (great when you can prove they scammed you like trustcompany did).

trustcompany,awesome job. if i had read this post before i would have agreed with you the whole time and i would have used my brand new ebay account to screw this person over (mainly because i will probably never use ebay cause i dont trust people on there.)

Trustcompany, it was amazing that you never gave up, though I probably woulda done the same thing sorta. You should write a book about this. It took me forever to read all these post on a T Mobile Blackberry, it can go on the net but can only see text. Oh and congradulations on your free game!

Wow... I work in the ebay dept. at a comic store, so we run into all kinds of people. (The worst was a guy who wanted us to open a FF7 statue to prove that it was mint in box, which would have competely ruined the point of it being mint in box. So he contacted the other bidders on the statue to warn them that we were trying to scam them because we wouldn't open the box for him...) However, you receive the Dealing with Ebay Jackasses award of the year. Very well done! Some people will try to get away with anything, won't they?

I'd link to a quick explanation of her buying those games on ebay and reselling them as new, with links to this... No one is going to want to wade through this for a full explanation (unless you just sum it up in your first post with the ebay links).

[quote name='trustcompany1013']thanks for your detective work ctice

once i receive feedback from her, i will leave in her feedback a link to this thread...if that is a good idea...is it?[/quote]

you are not suppose to link to other web sites in feedback, I have done it with no problems though. Just leave out the http://www

Damn, I was going to say that you probably have to give them the benefit of the doubt that they didn't realize the game wasn't new. (Though I would agree that as a selller you have an obligation to inspect what you're selling to insure it is new or whatever.)

But after cite's smoking gun I say let 'em fry. Honestly, I think you should ship them their game back, but if it were me I would probably keep the game, too. Think of how many people would have probably just rolled over in your position and been screwed? OTOH, I wouldn't want to deal with them coming back and claiming I was supposed to ship them the game back and never did.

This is a good lesson for me in the future though. If something sold as new and sealed looks fishy I'll contact the seller before I open anything and say if they aren't comfortable with my opening it to check if it's new that I want to send it back for a full refund in the same 'sealed' state I received it.

It took me a long time to read through the entire thing but it was definately worth it. Kudos to you Trust for sticking with it. That is the only way scamming on Ebay is truly going to stop, when the scammers get caught and then called on it.

Post an immediate complaint with Paypal-they will lock up the funds until the dispute is handled-and it is usually in the buyers favor. Also file a complaint at the Square trade site on Ebay. Include all of the facts and let them handle it>Both work very effectively

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back