TC1013's Ebay Experience. Caution: If All Is Not Read, U May Post Stupidly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only reason human civilization has existed so long is our love for revenge and our fear of revenge. Good job trust, I'm glad you got this fucker.

I would have never even considered returning the game. hell, I would'va just made up some fake aim convo's and wrote to both ebay and paypal saying I never received it. I salute your patience with idiots and scammers.

-Plus, I never knew girls would do that type of thing. That idiot has ruined my whole image of girls world wide.... Burn her house down... with her in it.... tied down to metal pipes....

lmao at the "girls" comment....assholes come in all forms, shapes, and sizes...some are just dumber then others....the job of being one was meant for guys, but hey, woman want their rights too, goddamnit!

anyways, i never thought about telling her that i never received it...that might've worked, but i was trying to be as honest as possible until i found out how dishonest she was ...chances are, she would've said "tough luck" for not asking to purchase insurance

Sorry TC but I think you handled it all wrong.

Sure you got your way..was it fair? Maybe. But personally I think you were being rude from the start. If you were an Ebay seller you would know that dealing with people like you are the reason that sellers hate Ebay buyers. There was no reason for most of your comments to them. When you got it you noticed it was not new. You shouldn't have opened it and contacted them asap about it. They don't seem like the smartest people but you weren't smart either. You just made yourself into a giant asshole until you got what you wanted. Good for you....you have great character when diplomatically dealing with a problem like an adult.

I guess I am glad you got what you wanted in the end..but I really think you went about it entirely like a child would. Always first emails should be as polite as possible to give the seller or buyer the benefit of the doubt..there is always time to get rude and nasty but once you go that route you can't turn around and be nice.

Enjoy.

[quote name='defender']Sorry TC but I think you handled it all wrong.

Sure you got your way..was it fair? Maybe. But personally I think you were being rude from the start. If you were an Ebay seller you would know that dealing with people like you are the reason that sellers hate Ebay buyers. There was no reason for most of your comments to them. When you got it you noticed it was not new. You shouldn't have opened it and contacted them asap about it. They don't seem like the smartest people but you weren't smart either. You just made yourself into a giant asshole until you got what you wanted. Good for you....you have great character when diplomatically dealing with a problem like an adult.

I guess I am glad you got what you wanted in the end..but I really think you went about it entirely like a child would. Always first emails should be as polite as possible to give the seller or buyer the benefit of the doubt..there is always time to get rude and nasty but once you go that route you can't turn around and be nice.

Enjoy.[/quote]

Thats why when I sell, I always include, "as-is, no returns" That solves any problem. I had people try to tell me there was no mag-lite in the package I sent them. I know it was total BS because I checked each one. Buyers suck.

i wouldnt really consider this lady a scammer, maybe she was new to video game selling and bought this game from eb or gamestop, who sold her a last copy, they sealed it for her and she didnt know what these stores do, hence she thought it was "new/sealed"...easy to fool the untrained eye.

I agree with Defender on this one. Trustcompany basically bullied the seller until he got himself a free game for nothing. The woman was nothing but polite and Trustcompany was nothing but rude and threatening the whole time.
Yes, you were sent a used game that was marked as new. But looking at the sellers feedback and other auctions, how did you conclude that this automatically is a scammer? They have had nearly a year of flawless transactions, plus they were more than reasonable in letting you return it. Don't you think a real scammer wouldn't have such a reputation, nor be as willing to negotiate with you.
I've seen e-bullies in action, and you are definately one of them. You were not satisfied with a full refund of your purchase, and even after you were given the game, and all of your money back, you were still making demands!
Shame on you trust company, I hope being an a**hole and pushing people around makes you feel better about youself.

[quote name='defender']Sorry TC but I think you handled it all wrong.

Enjoy.[/quote]

i just wanna comment by saying that i never did like you defender...still dont....she was a scammer and i pretty much knew it from the start....you could tell from the whole conversation that her and i were having that she didn't want to budge anywhere with refunding me....she would've walked all over me if i would've let her, but sorry...i don't get walked on....ive already went over the reason why i opened the game, if thats not good enough for anybody, oh well....id do it again if i had to....also, from the looks of the conversation, she would've claimed that after i sent it back to her, that i resealed it (after all, she already knew that she resealed it herself)....i exposed a scammer and you're either with me or with them....hmmm, i'm never buying from your site

as for ww3676....how did i conclude that this was automatically a scammer? i have a good sense for things....i am not sure what all of the "all of a sudden" complaints are about....it is obvious that she bought games for the sole purpose of selling them....without immediate proof, i was able to uncover it....if you like sellers on ebay giving you an $8 game when you purchased a $30 game, then thats on you....go to your local ma & pa store and when you see a game that you want, pay them $22 more for it....they need the money more, and they're honest about it...........i've already concluded that i am an asshole when im wronged, and i was wronged (obviously).....

ww3676, i didnt entirely read your post til just now....i just assumed it was up defenders ass....but i see that you're just a dumbfuck...how am i an e-bully? did you even read half of it? b4 posting ever again in your life, read the whole thread, or at least note that you haven't....to think that you're calling me the bad guy for screwing over a scammer, its just plain ridiculous....what are you, her husband? their really is no logical explanation for why you would completely take her side....i feel stupid replying to your post because of how stupid your post was....it just doesn't make sense

Don't listen to those lame replies, Trust, you were in the right.

"The woman was nothing but polite"? Did you even read the AIM conversations? The woman was nothing but retarded.

At least you are mature about criticism.

I don't have anything against you..you can hate me all you want as it doesn't bother me one bit. If it makes you feel better in life acting how you do..then more power to you.

I don't know you...and I don't care to know you...and guess what ... YOU DON"T KNOW ME EITHER.

I ain't down with the flame-war bait. Have a nice day.

[quote name='defender']At least you are mature about criticism.

I don't have anything against you..you can hate me all you want as it doesn't bother me one bit. If it makes you feel better in life acting how you do..then more power to you.

I don't know you...and I don't care to know you...and guess what ... YOU DON"T KNOW ME EITHER.

I ain't down with the flame-war bait. Have a nice day.[/quote]

good thing you're not down with the flame-war bait, 'cause i didnt' set any out....i only tell the truth, and if the truth hurts...have fun crying about it....."if it makes you feel better in life acting how you do"....i am the biggest gentleman in the world when everything is cool....when no1 is trying to harm and/or screw me, my family, or my friends....i don't play games, i quit school cuz of recess....as for hating you...i dont hate you, i just don't like you....i have better things to do then hate ppl on the internet, trust me....i just don't understand what you don't understand about the situation...and instead of responding to make it clear why you're taking a scammers side over someone who didn't deserve scamming, you took the easy way out...

edited to correct an error: failure to include the word "not" in down with the flame war at the beginning

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Don't listen to those lame replies, Trust, you were in the right.

"The woman was nothing but polite"? Did you even read the AIM conversations? The woman was nothing but retarded.[/quote]

thanks dead of knight, i know i have more ppl on here agreeing with me and cheering me on then not....the ppl who are giving me crap, obviously didn't read the whole thread....i assure you that if this would've happened to defender, he would've been as pissed as i was, and probably not smart enough to stand tall like me in the end...it just stuns me to think that someone would feel sorry for her...."aww, she didn't screw you over, aww...you ruined her chance to buy more used games with that $30 to be able to scam others"....i'm assuming that if it were a guy, it would've made a big difference in some of these negative responses....as said b4, assholes come in all shapes and sizes, and ill be one when needed, as well as im sure everyone else....

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Don't listen to those lame replies, Trust, you were in the right.

"The woman was nothing but polite"? Did you even read the AIM conversations? The woman was nothing but retarded.[/quote]

If you read my post...I never said that TC was wrong. I just said he went about it wrong. I also clearly stated I was happy that he got his way. Working in retail and on Ebay for many years has taught me lots of things...one of them is that being nice when there is a problem often leads to faster results. You can also make a friend. He would most likely have gotten what he wanted just by friendly negotiating and stating his desires fairly.

If you ask me the seller is a retard...do I think she is a scammer...maybe..maybe not. They way people treat other people should really be how they would like to be treated. I feel bad that TC feels he has to be unkind, rude, and nasty to get his way. Usually this is the type of customer I have to call the cops on to get booted from my store while the cops politely explain to them that they have to leave my store and THEY WON"T GET THEIR WAY. Customers who come in with a proper attitude and a willingness to listen as well as negotiate always come out well. They make me feel like they will continue to shop at my store if I do the right thing for them. What's the advantage for me to help someone screaming saying they are never gonna shop in my store again?

Basically when TC tells me he doesn't like me he is saying that I dont have to be nice to him at all since he isnt gonna be nice to me. I don't view it that way. I try to be nice to everyone...even people I don't like.

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='Dead of Knight']Don't listen to those lame replies, Trust, you were in the right.

thanks dead of knight, i know i have more ppl on here agreeing with me and cheering me on then not....the ppl who are giving me crap, obviously didn't read the whole thread....i assure you that if this would've happened to defender, he would've been as pissed as i was, and probably not smart enough to stand tall like me in the end...it just stuns me to think that someone would feel sorry for her...."aww, she didn't screw you over, aww...you ruined her chance to buy more used games with that $30 to be able to scam others"....i'm assuming that if it were a guy, it would've made a big difference in some of these negative responses....as said b4, assholes come in all shapes and sizes, and ill be one when needed, as well as im sure everyone else....[/quote]

I never disagreed with the fact that you were right. Try to look past that I made the post and read it again.

[quote name='defender'][quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='Dead of Knight']Don't listen to those lame replies, Trust, you were in the right.

thanks dead of knight, i know i have more ppl on here agreeing with me and cheering me on then not....the ppl who are giving me crap, obviously didn't read the whole thread....i assure you that if this would've happened to defender, he would've been as pissed as i was, and probably not smart enough to stand tall like me in the end...it just stuns me to think that someone would feel sorry for her...."aww, she didn't screw you over, aww...you ruined her chance to buy more used games with that $30 to be able to scam others"....i'm assuming that if it were a guy, it would've made a big difference in some of these negative responses....as said b4, assholes come in all shapes and sizes, and ill be one when needed, as well as im sure everyone else....[/quote]

I never disagreed with the fact that you were right. Try to look past that I made the post and read it again.[/quote]

i read your post in full...and ill highlight the things that i didn't sit well on

"If you were an Ebay seller you would know that dealing with people like you are the reason that sellers hate Ebay buyers."

first, i am an ebay seller occasionally...and ask me why i never have problems selling...because i state specifically what i am selling, i ship fast, and i respond fast and politely....second, "ppl like me?"....who, ppl who wont take the fall to being screwed over? do you think that i would've acted the same way if she would've sent me what i ordered? that leaves me to think that you are stupid...i treat ppl with the respect that they deserve...maybe i was wrong at first for talking to her the way that i did (without "knowing" that she was a scammer), but i already said that i might've been wrong (when first posting the first few emails)....but i had assumptions about her, very strong instincts which im usually and oddly 99% right on....so i ended up being right, sorry for that

"There was no reason for most of your comments to them."

Yes, their were no reason for most of my comments....in a world where ppl aren't walked over. Every comment that i made led to me finding the truth out about her and me getting unscrewed. Sorry that I looked out for myself and anyone else who would in the future have to deal with her.

"They don't seem like the smartest people but you weren't smart either."

hmmm....that comment was just plain stupid....to say that i wasn't smart just doesn't make sense....you can call me an asshole for being one to the one who deserved it, but i'm stupid because i was an asshole? who's the smart one here?

"You just made yourself into a giant asshole until you got what you wanted."

Yeah, I did. I won an auction on a brand new & sealed copy of a video game that I didn't think twice about being brand new & sealed. You act as if I was a baby for wanting what I paid for. I wanted to be dead even and/or over the top. I didn't do anything to deserve any less then dead even. Do you call customers at your stores assholes when they buy a video game and actually want the video game? I hope not.

"Good for you....you have great character when diplomatically dealing with a problem like an adult."

When dealing with an adult, yes....but you have to adjust your character to the character that you're dealing with. Most children don't understand adults, most adults don't understand children, most retards don't understand the obvious, and an idiot doesn't understand a genius. 'Nuff said on that one.

"but I really think you went about it entirely like a child would"

I believe that I was dealing with a child....so I adjusted my polite-o-meter accordingly. A child wouldn't have been as smart as I was. I worked the situation, uncovered the truth, got what I wanted (not initially, but i wasn't left cheated), and put a scammer in her place.

"Always first emails should be as polite as possible to give the seller or buyer the benefit of the doubt"

That is why I opened the game, to give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it was the last copy on the shelf at ebgames, who knows? One way to find out, open it. I'm not one to cry about opened games, but I am one to cry about paying for a used game when I specifically paid for a new one.

In the end, you have every right to post your opinion on any matter that I post about...as well as vice versa. There is no guarantee that we are always going to agree with one another, but please read the whole thread and judge me from the whole thread and not just the part that you read. I am sorry that I couldn't put anybody in my exact shoes during this whole situation. I am sure that their are feelings and senses that I felt from the one on one conversation that I personally had with the seller...that I couldn't express through a message board, but I tried my best...and you'll have to live with it or go on with your life...either way, be smart about it...please.

believe it or not I did read the whole thread

your posts to me implied that I thought you were wrong and that I was agreeing with the seller...which you still havent acknowledged

dude..i agree with you I just thought you went about it in a way that was counter-productive

this entire thread seems to be about how you screwed over a seller a lot more than how a seller screwed you over..as the title that YOU created states

I am not one for revenge. Justice is one thing...but revenge is another. If a seller rips me off I dont suddenly create an account and start bidding on all their auctions...I take legal and appropriate measures to get my desired results which almost always works out to my favor.

[quote name='defender']believe it or not I did read the whole thread

your posts to me implied that I thought you were wrong and that I was agreeing with the seller...which you still havent acknowledged

dude..i agree with you I just thought you went about it in a way that was counter-productive

this entire thread seems to be about how you screwed over a seller a lot more than how a seller screwed you over..as the title that YOU created states

I am not one for revenge. Justice is one thing...but revenge is another. If a seller rips me off I dont suddenly create an account and start bidding on all their auctions...I take legal and appropriate measures to get my desired results which almost always works out to my favor.[/quote]

I understand, but some of the things you said in your post implied otherwise. And I changed the title of the thread according to the process that I was making with the scammer. I guess it can be confusing to those who weren't with me during the whole situation.

I am one for justice when it fits the situation...but I am one for revenge when it is needed.

Note: I never created an account and started bidding on all of her auctions. I'm sure that that was a "for an example," but I wanted to clear that up.

Anyways, please don't for me or against me or defender for the conversation that we are having in this thread. We have both cleared it up with each other in pm. Thanks

Just had a nice PM with TC...

He is a good guy and I just want to say I wasn't implying ever that he did anything wrong...

I just wanted to comment on how I think it could have been handled differently.

The end result is fair enough since the seller was obviously a moron.

Trust: No one is arguing the sellers side over yours. The seller did in fact sell you a used game they stated in the auction was new. Period, that is not what is up for debate here.
However, you automatically assumed it was a scam, and on what basis? First of all, the seller has nothing but months of perfect feedback, no complaints at all.
Secondly, they were very willing to let you return the item. If they were a scammer, don't you think they would not have responded with the level of courtesy they did? Granted, I think she was dumb to argue over the $3 for shipping, and you were in the right to ask for it back. But you did everything but hold a gun to her head and FORCED her to do so. Lucky you were facing someone who would bend so easily, and lucky this was not in a retail store or something.
The way that thread looks to me is that it is not a scam, or at least there was not enough evidence of one to warrant your behavior right off the bat.
Also, if you are not a bully as you claim, why did you keep pressuring the seller after she gave you ALL of your money back, AND the game! Lets say she gave you the good feedback like you requested, what were you going to ask her for next!? Blood, her first born son? When was it enough? At what point could she have possibly repayed this massive wrong she did to you? Would you not be happy until she cancelled all of her auctions and quit ebay for good?
Lastly, I LOVE how you changed the thread title. Does that make you feel more noble now? Hail Trustcompany, great avenger of Ebay buyers everywhere! It should have stayed, "and did more screwing", which is excatly what you did. Even if she was a scammer, you went about things the wrong way. You could have reported it to ebay, maybe tried to see actual justice be done to her after she was fairly investigated. Instead you went on a vigilante kick, and tried to make the world right by taking a game from her! Scamming a scammer does not make you better than her.

but i am a mastermind and got the whole amount back, plus $3 extra (now that i dont have to ship the game out), plus the game for free...

that was directed to howlinmads post

Yeah, the rest wasn't there when I posted. You got your money back, good for you. You got a scammer to back off and they lost, good for you. In the process, you yourself became just as bad as them. You got yours, and theirs for nothing, good for you. Way to go.

You pride yourself on being honest? Maybe you have single handedly denounced the age old thought. It's quite possible that now....two wrongs indeed DO make 1 right.

Go you!

//Secondly, they were very willing to let you return the item. If they were a scammer, don't you think they would not have responded with the level of courtesy they did? Granted, I think she was dumb to argue over the $3 for shipping, and you were in the right to ask for it back. But you did everything but hold a gun to her head and FORCED her to do so. Lucky you were facing someone who would bend so easily, and lucky this was not in a retail store or something.//
If it was a retail store, they would have exchanged it for a new same item.

//Also, if you are not a bully as you claim, why did you keep pressuring the seller after she gave you ALL of your money back, AND the game! Lets say she gave you the good feedback like you requested, what were you going to ask her for next!? Blood, her first born son? When was it enough? At what point could she have possibly repayed this massive wrong she did to you? Would you not be happy until she cancelled all of her auctions and quit ebay for good? //
Where did he keep "pressuring the seller after she gave him ALL of his money back, AND the game?"?
She finally gave him a full refund plus shipping then decided to let him keep the game to get the thing over with.

Well, technically ww3676 is right on both those accounts, chastic_2k1... the subsequent pressure was in the long IM message at the very end when it was pretty much done, tc added the feedback exchange thing.

And the thing with the retail store is that it wasn't a retail store B&M sense... the closest comparison can be made to an online retailer who, as has been said, would say "send the item back and we will issue a refund" - with the variable being customer paying for return postage.

All in all, I say more power to ya tc... I probably woulda gotten pissed and done the same thing, but honestly, that isn't the most sophisticated or practical way to get things done. And all that research into "used" games the seller purchased, while very blaring evidence, is theoretically circumstantial at best.

You should sick one of those spam im'ers on her arse just for all the trouble she caused u when even knowing how wrong she was. Be a bitch like her and hold a grudge! Negative feedback, the works, the least that you could do for all the time she's taken out of your life.

if a mod wants to lock this thread...be my guest....im getting sick of having to reexplain why i did what i did and why i said what i said....there are certain strong gut-feelings that i had from dealing with this scammer from the get-go on a one-on-one basis that no1 else could've felt besides the person dealing with her....i admitted to being an asshole at first because i was pissed because i was wronged....so get over it already....more ppl agreed with me then disagreed with me...and the man himself (cheapyd) agreed with me on top of that...unless some of you happened to skip over his post as well as half of the thread (being the reason that you just don't get it...unless you're retarded)

so let the thread die...a mod can lock it...its over....jesus christ ppl, some of you just apparantly don't have the lack of brain power to comprehend why you have to act certain ways to certain ppl....hence understanding why i handled the situation the way that i did...i can only hope that you're stuck in the same situation yourself....you may handle it differently, but you'll more then likely get walked over

in closing....i know im rambling on a lot, but im tired as hell....anyways, i wanna thank everyone who understood, cheered me on, took my side, and took the time to read the whole thread....much appreciation

-trust

You should have told her to give you a blowjob for what she did to you...your face would be this at first:bomb:but then it would be like this after the event:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Hey man tell her to put some ice in her mouth way better colder... and listen to some beatles while fricking you ps2!!

images

Yea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back