Team Fortress 2 Clan! Practice Schedule inside! Accepting Donations for a Server!

added him to the clan, played a couple hours with him tonight.
good team player, and he has a really good grasp of how to win a battle tactically, which is an invaluable skill in tf2

happy thanksgiving cags!

hey everybody, not sure how many of us keep tabs on whats posted on the group steam page, so for everyone that doesn't, budge and i have scheduled another clan meeting at 8:30CT tomorrow night. It would be great to have everybody attend, its important that we make decisions that all members have decided on.

[quote name='CaptainPlanet!']hey everybody, not sure how many of us keep tabs on whats posted on the group steam page, so for everyone that doesn't, budge and i have scheduled another clan meeting at 8:30CT tomorrow night. It would be great to have everybody attend, its important that we make decisions that all members have decided on.[/quote]

This is correct.

But I will explain in a little more detail.

Because we are recieveing an influx of members and it is getting hard to keep track of everyone, we have an idea to suggest.

We want to create the [CAG-S] team and then the CAG Clan. The CAG Clan, anybody can join, however the [CAG-S] team we will limit to 12 people. Every 4 weeks if any of the 12 remove themselves from the team, are removed from the team or you can impress a member and gain access.

Now please keep in mind these topics and show up at 8:30 wednesday to talk about it.

That is all,

Darthbudge.

[quote name='SpreadTheWord'] All I have to say is:

Why heavies don't have room in they body[/quote]:lol:
My gosh, I was wondering the same thing all that night. I mean, that is such an important question to consider. I don't know how the valve team didn't think of that during development. I'm really glad that that player brought this to our attention. I really hope this oversight is taken care of soon. Heavies definitely deserve room in they body.

On another note, I'll try and be at the meeting tonight, though that is a tough time for me on wed nights.....whatever you guys decide to do is great with me. I mainly enjoy playing with the same people from time to time.....but I'll try and be there tonight.

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']Good times last night. All I have to say is:

Why heavies don't have room in they body[/quote]

Am I the only one completely oblvious to the meaning of this statement? Please someone enlighten me.

[quote name='CaptainPlanet!']Am I the only one completely oblvious to the meaning of this statement? Please someone enlighten me.[/quote]
I don't know that it means anything. The other night when some of us were playing, some moron kept spamming that question over and over again. It was way more funny than annoying. It happened on every map in every game.

Oh, and funny addition to your sig.

Was that the banana talking?

[quote name='Tesche']I don't know that it means anything. The other night when some of us were playing, some moron kept spamming that question over and over again. It was way more funny than annoying. It happened on every map in every game.

Oh, and funny addition to your sig.[/quote]

----All Clan Members Please Read---

Last night we held a clan meeting to discuss a number of things, such as restructuring the clan into casual and competitive components, the purchase of a dedicated server of our own, and the election of second-in-command officers. For those not there, I will summarize what we decided upon.

As far as restructuring the clan, we have decided to use the [CAG-S] tag and group as a group for those of us that want to play TF2 together, but may not want to compete. In other words, this group is for those who play more casually, and are not as interested in the competitive side of the game.

We would then create a [CAG-X] group (CAG - Xtreme if anyone is wondering what the x is) for those that are really good at the game, want to get even better, and are very interested in the serious and competitive side of the game.

The [CAG-S] would essentially be the lower tier of the clan, limited to 12 people. If anyone joined the clan they would start in the CAG-S group, and then could earn their way into the CAG-X counterpart after proving themselves as particularly good players. This would make the [CAG-X] the upper tier, comprised of only 8 people. This would add up to 20 people in the clan at any one time. (Keep in mind this number may change in the future, but at this point in time we don't have enough members to make it worthwhile or reasonable to expand beyond 20).

We also discussed renting a server of our own (possibly from gameservers.com). The best price we found last night was $35 a month for
a. 20 man private tf2 server
b. 20 man private ventrilo server
c. a website

Getting a server of our own would be an incredible asset to the future of the clan, I can't stress the importance of this enough.

Also, through the wonderful thing that is democracy we have elected 2 officers to serve as second-in-command in the clan.

Please welcome
-SOSTrooper
-CrystalKlear64
Hooray!

Now, as a supplement meeting to follow up to last night's and decide on a couple smaller issues regarding membership into [CAG-S] and [CAG-X], I am scheduling another clan meeting for tomorrow night, at 8:30 Central.
If you are wondering whether you belong in the Syndicate group or the Xtreme group, come to the meeting, this is where we will decide that.

where do said meetings take place? i got the game last weekend, ive put in 18 hours since and ill be putting in a lot more in the future.

Well, nothing much happened at the meeting tonight, we realized we just don't have enough guys to split the clan in 2, and decided that getting our own server is the top priority.

On that note, I will be setting up a paypal to recieve donations for the server, $5 a month is fantastic, once we hit $35 i will begin renting out the 20 slot server from gameservers.com

Will keep this space updated with the paypal details. Oh and ramstoria,
meetings take place through steam chats. Let us know if you want to apply for the clan.

[quote name='CaptainPlanet!']we realized we just don't have enough guys to split the clan in 2.[/quote]
Yeah, it was my understanding from the first meeting that we were not looking for two separate clans, but rather one clan of 12 and a sub clan of 8. So only 12 team members actually were needed.....did I get that wrong? Sorry I couldn't make the meeting last night, friday nights are me and the wife time...

SOSTrooper brought this site up the other day, and he made a valid point with it. If you haven't already, check out some the videos on this site. There's some great insight to be had here regarding tactics in Team Fortress.

http://teamfortress.tv/

Am I correct to assume that [email protected] , is the correct paypal address to receive contributions for the new server? Basically, I do not comfortable giving contributions if the money is just stay in one place.

I want to hear this from the captain's mouth.

Ok, I guess the Pyro isn't as bad as I thought he was. Hit and run, and never get in front of a Soldier.

I've been playing a lot of Soldier lately, he's got great stopping power.

Let's get everyone out there for tomorrow's practice
I still need that "Playing with Friends" achievement.

[quote name='hero101']Am I correct to assume that [email protected] , is the correct paypal address to receive contributions for the new server? Basically, I do not comfortable giving contributions if the money is just stay in one place.

I want to hear this from the captain's mouth.[/quote]
I've been busy the past few days, the paypal will be up shortly. Please wait for my paypal post, don't send your contributions to the other one.

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']Ok, I guess the Pyro isn't as bad as I thought he was. Hit and run, and never get in front of a Soldier.[/quote]

Or Sasha. Or a Scout. Or a Demoman. Or a Sniper. Or a Sentry.

I'm sensing a pattern here. ;)

A pyro who isn't ambushing his enemies better have a good reason. Like distracting the enemy while another pyro sneaks around and gets them from the behind. Running straight up as a pyro is just asking to have your internal organs splattered about in a display of gratuitous violence.

[quote name='Boolean']Or Sasha. Or a Scout. Or a Demoman. Or a Sniper. Or a Sentry.

I'm sensing a pattern here. ;)

A pyro who isn't ambushing his enemies better have a good reason. Like distracting the enemy while another pyro sneaks around and gets them from the behind. Running straight up as a pyro is just asking to have your internal organs splattered about in a display of gratuitous violence.[/quote]

Well no one should be getting in front of a sentry but a Sniper is an easy take down and Scouts are sure thing most of the time (unless it's a good scout).

When I was playing Medic, I always noticed how the Pyro I was healing never killed anyone (slight exaggeration). But now I concede that she can be useful in the right situations.

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']Well no one should be getting in front of a sentry but a Sniper is an easy take down and Scouts are sure thing most of the time (unless it's a good scout).
[/quote]

You can actually circlestrafe around a sentry if it isn't facing you directly when you approach. I've done it a few times as a Pyro, and I have seen a Scout destroy a level 3 sentry with a bat. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e2102v_nCM)

Speaking of Scouts... If a Scout sees a Pyro, he can just backpedal and shoot his scattergun/pistol. They are simply too fast. The flamethrower does wonders against Scouts, but you need to hit 'em first. :)

Guys i have been busy moving to a new apartment and havent got dsl set up. I should be able to get back on sometime this weekend, definitely by monday. Dont kick me off the group, or ill have to come find you ;)

PAYPAL INFO

Turns out we are going to use [email protected]

We ask that regular players donate $5 per month, if we get lots of donations this number will probably go down.

We will be renting a private 20 man server for $35/month from http://www.GameServers.com

This also comes with -
- A 20 man private vent server
- A website

We haven't worked out the details for the website yet, what we're really concerned with is getting our game server up.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Is the vent necessary? I thought we already had one ready to go?[/quote]

im just going off of what we decided at the last meeting. it's really up to you guys, i can host our vent if you all would would prefer that.

[quote name='CaptainPlanet!']im just going off of what we decided at the last meeting. it's really up to you guys, i can host our vent if you all would would prefer that.[/quote]

If it keeps cost down.....?

[quote name='Tesche']If it keeps cost down.....?[/quote]

Okay, i guess we'll just host the vent ourselves. I do need to know if you guys want it up all the time, or just for practices. If people will use it all the time, I'm happy to host 24/7.

It is a 2.1.4 server, so you need that client.

PM me for the IP.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Sorry about not being on the last few nights. I fractured my right wrist and so it made it very hard to play PC games. However I think I am getting better and will be able to play soon.

Don't you use you use those same keyboard for typing? You should be fine if you're making complete sentences. We should see you in like 2 weeks at the latest. :lol:
[quote name='darthbudge']Sorry about not being on the last few nights. I fractured my right wrist and so it made it very hard to play PC games. However I think I am getting better and will be able to play soon.[/quote]

[quote name='SOSTrooper']what happened to our daily pub schedules? I thought those were useful to get peeps together and play.[/quote]

Sorry guys, I missed a couple nights of pubbing not including the weekend. Just picked up Crysis, Call of Duty 4, and Company of Heroes, so I've been overwhelmed with great single-player games. I will be on tonight though.

[quote name='CaptainPlanet!']Sorry guys, I missed a couple nights of pubbing not including the weekend. Just picked up Crysis, Call of Duty 4, and Company of Heroes, so I've been overwhelmed with great single-player games. I will be on tonight though.[/quote]

First time I played in weeks and we kicked ass last night (top two players) cap! :cool:

[quote name='hero101']Don't you use you use those same keyboard for typing? You should be fine if you're making complete sentences. We should see you in like 2 weeks at the latest. :lol:[/quote]

lol the keyboard isn't the problem, the mouse is. However I am good now and I should be up for some Hot Sweaty TF2 action friday.

Darn, you two were on the opposite sides. You darn traitors. Seriously, there was no room for me get on the same time. I really like that one time I ambushed the cap. He was sitting in the toliet. :lol: Darn, mostly when I'm facing him. He got a team of 5 bodyguards protecting and I'm all alone. :cry: That usually doesn't end well.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']First time I played in weeks and we kicked ass last night (top two players) cap! :cool:[/quote]

Finally finished finals!

I bought Orange Box the day it came out, but have played less than 2 hours of TF2 due to school. What class is recommended for a newb?

[quote name='Koggit']Finally finished finals!

I bought Orange Box the day it came out, but have played less than 2 hours of TF2 due to school. What class is recommended for a newb?[/quote]

Depends what you are good at, Medic, Pryo and Heavy are all pretty easy if you are used to FPS'es.

I bought Orange Box the day it came out, but have played less than 2 hours of TF2 due to school. What class is recommended for a newb?[/quote]

I would suggest newbies start out as the Medic. It's not the most thrilling class, but it gives you a chance to see how things work while still helping your team.

Also, whenever you die or while the map is loading there's a "Tip" message at the bottom of the screen that will give you... um.. tips. Read them. They'll get you up to speed on what exactly what your class can do.

Another thing is to try out all of the classes. When I started playing, I thought the Scout would be perfect for me because in other online shooters I love to run around like maniac. But in TF2 the Scout is one of my less played classes.

I actually recommend the soldier as a starting point. He has no great strengths, but no great weaknesses, and can hold his own in any fight. From this you can determine if you are an accuracy or a rate of fire shooter, or a close range versus distance fighter.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']First time I played in weeks and we kicked ass last night (top two players) cap! :cool:[/quote]
That was awesome, I haven't played soldier in a while so I was surprised when we went on that killstreak.

[quote name='hero101']Darn, you two were on the opposite sides. You darn traitors. Seriously, there was no room for me get on the same time. I really like that one time I ambushed the cap. He was sitting in the toliet. :lol: Darn, mostly when I'm facing him. He got a team of 5 bodyguards protecting and I'm all alone. :cry: That usually doesn't end well.[/quote]
Heh, when did I have 5 body guards? And were they wearing rings? Did they combine their powers to take pollution down to zero?

I actually recommend the soldier as a starting point. He has no great strengths, but no great weaknesses, and can hold his own in any fight. From this you can determine if you are an accuracy or a rate of fire shooter, or a close range versus distance fighter.

I liked Soldier and Engineer out of what I just played, although Engineer seems to rely somewhat heavily on how well you know the map (and for me that doesn't bode well).

[quote name='Koggit']I liked Soldier and Engineer out of what I just played, although Engineer seems to rely somewhat heavily on how well you know the map (and for me that doesn't bode well).[/quote]

Learn soon you will.

bread's done
Back