Team Fortress 2 Clan! Practice Schedule inside! Accepting Donations for a Server!

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']I just purchased a headset so now I'll be able to scream at my medics for not healing me, and let everyone know when they need to play better. :lol:[/quote]

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! LOL!

Headsets...yar

Thanks for the crits content. Sounds reasonable. I still need to listen to that commentary.

Hey anyone got any good servers they play alot on?

I'm on vacation from 11/08/07 - 11/18/07 in Thailand so don't remove me from the clan for inactivity. I will whack you with a shovel just like the captain. And then I'm going to scream in your ears. :cool:

Hey is our team interested in entering that Gamespot TF2 tournament? We would need a 7 man team. Everybody who is interested respond quickly and we can get in it.

I'd like to be part of the team, but just found out about this group today.....Tesche is my steamid I think...I'll have to double check when I get home from work........

[quote name='CaptainPlanet!']that gamespot tournament sounds great, and the grand prize is $200 at bestbuy, woot![/quote]

I tell you i could certainly use an extra $200 dollars from best buy...

6upxwfc.jpg

hey guys, can i get back into the group? darth said he was "cleaning"
and he never saw me on. well i'm on kind of late though.

OK, this is a little thing that's been bugging me with TF2. Spy checking.

Ways to know your teammates are not Spy's.

1. They are shooting. If a Spy is shooting then he'll be shooting a revolver, and he'll be dressed like an enemy Spy.

2. They are using a weapon other than their primary weapon. Shotguns/sticky mines/medigun/pistol are all secondary weapons and can only be used by the real classes. Note: The one exception to the "shotgun rule" is the Engineer.

3. A Spy is wearing a disguise. If a Spy is disguised as a Spy then it will be not say "disguised as a.....". If you see a Spy without a disguise and holding a revolver, shoot him.

Reasons to shoot:

1. An Engineer is holding a shotgun. There is almost no reason for an Engineer to have his shotgun out. He really only uses his wrench, PDA thingy, and building kit.

2. A Scout is moving slowly, a Pyro isn't torching everything he can reach, a Medic isn't healing, a Sniper isn't putting the gun up to his eyes.... There are little things that are noticeable for each class. Pay attention.

3. A Blue player has Red sparkles flying out his ass. Not only is this a Spy, but it's a dumb Spy. Disguises don't cover up the teleporters sparkles.

4. Your teammate is blocking you. Teammates are almost like ghosts to you, you can practically go right through them. Enemies are solid and get in your way. Even disguised enemies.

The best way to let a teammate know that you are not a Spy is to quickly switch between primary and secondary weapons. The best way to tell that someone is a teammate is that he's switching weapons.

Now most of this info will make it harder for me to be an effective Spy, but I see so many players do dumb things because they're either afraid or not paying attention to Spy's. Hopefully this will catch on and I'll get Spy checked less.

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']Now most of this info will make it harder for me to be an effective Spy, but I see so many players do dumb things because they're either afraid or not paying attention to Spy's. Hopefully this will catch on and I'll get Spy checked less.[/quote]
True true. I'm constantly yelling (er... typing) out heads up when I notice a spy. If you can stop a spy from killing your support characters, the other team is gonna have a hell of a time pushing through to the next check point or capturing a check point.

Edit: Great picture apossum!

Been playing way more Spy now almost tied with Medic for play time which was my longest played class. One thing I've found that works really well is not to even bother doing anything special when you're disguised. Be obvious. Just treat the disguise like anti-turret protection. People will know you are a spy and try to get close enough to kill you thinking that you're using your knife or that you don't realize how obvious you are being. Then just shoot em'. That revolver packs a powerful punch only taking 2-3 shots on all but the Heavy which you can just stab in the back.

Cloaking, is a far more useful tool for sneaking up on people, and the disguise should not be used as such.

Hey guys, a bit of news on the technical side of things. Darthbudge is experiencing some major issues with his DSL setup, and probably won't be back online for a while. In light of this, he has asked me to take over with leading the clan. Concerning practice, nothing will change, as our practices have been very successful lately, and the schedule seems to work well.

However, there is one more order of business. Because of the easy setup and extremely informative nature of clan chats, I would like to propose an official weekly one. We would need to choose a day that works for everybody, but I think this meeting would really help to stabilize, organize, and to some degree, unite the members of our clan. We would use the time to discuss official clan news, in-game tactics, and a general discussion of everything related to [CAG] - Syndicate.

Basically the idea is to have this thread as the official clan news for anyone outside the clan, and the proposed clan meetings as official news for those in it.

Alternatively, we could have multiple meetings during the week, some optional some not, each one covering a different aspect of the clan. (ie Practices, tournaments, general discussion, news, etc.)

I am scheduling a steam meeting for tonight at 10 pm central, hopefully everyone including our west-coasters can make that. I hope all of the cag-sheep can attend, please make tonight's meeting a priority. (sheep isn't a derogatory term, you are lovely sheep)

I know darthbudge is having internet problem, but I think we need to make our first post more organized so regular CAGs can get all the useful information about the TF2 clan. We don't need to post things like meetings and stuff, just post information on how to join, who to contact, what information [CAG-S] needs from people who are interested in joining, the current roster, and the ladder we're on, and the times we usually go pubbing at.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']I know darthbudge is having internet problem, but I think we need to make our first post more organized so regular CAGs can get all the useful information about the TF2 clan. We don't need to post things like meetings and stuff, just post information on how to join, who to contact, what information [CAG-S] needs from people who are interested in joining, the current roster, and the ladder we're on, and the times we usually go pubbing at.[/quote]

I agree, I think that The captain should create a whole new thread with an Organized OP, that will just be for info and for people requesting to be in the clan. Then this thread we can continue to disscuss everything else.

[quote name='darthbudge']I agree, I think that The captain should create a whole new thread with an Organized OP, that will just be for info and for people requesting to be in the clan. Then this thread we can continue to disscuss everything else.[/quote]
The new thread is up, if you guys know anybody good at tf2 please spread the word, we need more guys and to get this new application system rolling.

Here is the thread link: "http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159017"

And if you want to get good at TF2, read this semi-serious article from MaximumPC on how to "Become a Gaming God". My scanner sucks apparently but you can read most of the words in it hehe.

4.3MB PDF File (direct link)

Edit* After reading the article myself, I think it has as much relevance to TF2 as Oprah does. Though remapping the keyboard is important; put the keys you use most often around your fingers, such as medic call and in-game communication.

great practice tonight, especially the custom map that would never end. lol that just means we held them off long enough for every blue to rockthevote, so cheers to the red defenders!

anybody know the name of that map?

I think it was either Science_b1 or Labor_beta. Maybe Wolf.

It was a fun map but I hate it when there are no spawn timers. It's too tug-of-war like without em.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']Damn I had an off night playing TF2 this evening. Oh well, I finally got around to getting my stats for you CaptainPlanet. Here's a screen capture b/c it was easier than writing it all down LOL!

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7154/tf2statshi1.png

Uh... my one spy kill was with a revolver hehe. I never stabbed anybody YET! It looks like I'm a much better support player b/c my offensive stats are no good.[/quote]

27 hours as a Medic? That's insane dude.

[quote name='CaptainPlanet!']great practice tonight, especially the custom map that would never end. lol that just means we held them off long enough for every blue to rockthevote, so cheers to the red defenders!

anybody know the name of that map?[/quote]
it was science_b1 like someone said earlier. That was a crazy map! Really no good spots for sentry guns except at last CP. I had fun playing with most of you guys for the first time tonght. That well game was seriously odd as well, mele only, no changing class, by the time I figured out what was going on, my engi was completely toast.

Looking forward to more fun times with slightly more coherent game play.

[quote name='yukine']27 hours as a Medic? That's insane dude.[/quote]

All I played when I first bought the game was a medic. I'm trying to use other characters these days, but it's a slow learning process :lol:

I'm doing alright with demoman/engineer/sniper, but not as well as I play as a medic.

whoa easy, you play as much medic as a i play soldier, 49 points in one round? shit man, i vote you medic of the year

i had a blast playing pyro on that science_b1 map last night, the only problem was the instant respawns, but that was just the server

melee sudden deaths are fun, but they're much better when it swaps everyone to scout and it becomes a 3 minute home-run derby

[quote name='CaptainPlanet!']melee sudden deaths are fun, but they're much better when it swaps everyone to scout and it becomes a 3 minute home-run derby[/quote]

Damn that's actually a great idea! We should implement that if a CAG sets up a server in the future!

[quote name='CaptainPlanet!']whoa easy, you play as much medic as a i play soldier, 49 points in one round? shit man, i vote you medic of the year

i had a blast playing pyro on that science_b1 map last night, the only problem was the instant respawns, but that was just the server

melee sudden deaths are fun, but they're much better when it swaps everyone to scout and it becomes a 3 minute home-run derby[/quote]

Yeah and you need to stand still when im a heavy and youre up close damn Pyros... That was a fun map i kept respawning right next to the control point. I got a lot of good kills as heavy :bouncy:

[quote name='michaema']Yeah and you need to stand still when im a heavy and youre up close damn Pyros... That was a fun map i kept respawning right next to the control point. I got a lot of good kills as heavy :bouncy:[/quote]

haha i ran circles around you man, that was great :)

[quote name='CaptainPlanet!']haha i ran circles around you man, that was great :)[/quote]

that was not cool, next time pick on someone your own size LOL

Crazy good games tonight. Halfway through one of the games crazy stuff started happening. Everyone would change colors from red to blue, so I didn't really know who to shoot at, everyone looked like a scout reguardless of their class, so I'm seeing scouts shooting rockets at me. I got backstabbed by an engineer's toolkit once, and I could see through doors, letting me know spy disguises and stick bomb locations. Also, it looked like there were teleporters every 10 steps or so.

Even with all that stuff, it was one of the highest scoring games I've had. Crazy stuff.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Crazy good games tonight. Halfway through one of the games crazy stuff started happening. Everyone would change colors from red to blue, so I didn't really know who to shoot at, everyone looked like a scout reguardless of their class, so I'm seeing scouts shooting rockets at me. I got backstabbed by an engineer's toolkit once, and I could see through doors, letting me know spy disguises and stick bomb locations. Also, it looked like there were teleporters every 10 steps or so.

Even with all that stuff, it was one of the highest scoring games I've had. Crazy stuff.[/quote]
That was soooooooooooo awesome! You kept giving us a heads up on the spies and telling us which capture point the other team was rushing towards. The only problem with that server was when we lost the one game b/c of the lag. Oh well, it was still fun. SOStrooper was bombing us from above LOL! I tried playing other classes last night, but didnt' do too well :lol: Maybe I'll stick with medic during "serious" matches.

Funny thing though (it might've been due to the lag), I remember you giving me a heads up twice on a spy, but I was already stabbed in the back/dead hehe.

just so everybody knows most ppl will not be online this thursday (thanksgiving), so dont wry about missing practice as probably everyone will

[quote name='crystalklear64']Out probably this entire week, I'm home for thanksgiving and I doubt my computer here is up to the task of playing.[/QUOTE]

Pfffft weak sauce. In my last thanksgiving I hauled my gaming PC from bay area back to home in LA to play SOF2 MP. You know you want to play TF2 at home. ;)

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Pfffft weak sauce. In my last thanksgiving I hauled my gaming PC from bay area back to home in LA to play SOF2 MP. You know you want to play TF2 at home. ;)[/QUOTE]
Well, my current PC here used to be decent... I haven't tried any source games on it though, I'll take a look at the min. reqs. Its got a 9600pro vc 1.2gb ram, but the processor is weak as hell. 1.4ghz amd single core athlon xp.

bread's done
Back