Team Fortress 2 Clan! Practice Schedule inside! Accepting Donations for a Server!

i like hero's idea, chat first then join a server. this would make the practice time a little more official too. is there a way to join a server as a big group, rather than 1 by 1?

[quote name='CaptainPlanet!']i like hero's idea, chat first then join a server. this would make the practice time a little more official too. is there a way to join a server as a big group, rather than 1 by 1?[/quote]

No, that is why I think we really need our own server.

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']If we have an official "Server chooser" than the rest of us can just join him through his Steam page.[/quote]

Well CK does that, however the problem is that we all come in at different times and then server will be full and someone will start being laggy and leave and go somewhere else and then people will follow him and the everything falls apart.

very true, with our clan getting bigger every day, the need for our own private server seems more urgent than ever.

also, in regard to our vent channel, turns out admins are a lot of irresponsible twits without the decency to check their inboxes in a timely fashion (my apologies to any admin that happens to peruse this thread, you are a lovely admin ), so the cag gods have procured for us a temporary vent server that seems to be empty a good bit of the time. hopefully this will help with practices, but if not oh well.

ip - vent.esports.ro
port - 3999

this server requires the 2.1.4 version of vent, and sadly nothing newer

[quote name='CaptainPlanet!']very true, with our clan getting bigger every day, the need for our own private server seems more urgent than ever.

also, in regard to our vent channel, turns out admins are a lot of irresponsible twits without the decency to check their inboxes in a timely fashion (my apologies to any admin that happens to peruse this thread, you are a lovely admin ), so the cag gods have procured for us a temporary vent server that seems to be empty a good bit of the time. hopefully this will help with practices, but if not oh well.

ip - vent.esports.ro
port - 3999

this server requires the 2.1.4 version of vent, and sadly nothing newer[/quote]

If we cannot find a more reliable vent server, one would be any extra 5 bucks a month. Also how many men can that vent server fit?

yea the public vent server i found is definitely a temporary setup, if somebody has any better luck than i had, a private channel would be fantastic

Hi all, I just got the PC version yesterday after playing on the 360 and not wanting to deal with the lag. I'd love to start up with you, as I am always looking for CAGs to play with.

Jalu6 | jalu6 | casual | have mic

I also may be able to get a server if you are interested. I know people who run a company that have servers in Chicago and I think I can get a good deal (as in, free)

FYI, my roommate plays TF2 on my computer sometimes. He's also a noob so please have patience if he's on instead of me. Also, don't be offended if I don't answer your invites or whatnot b/c it could be him :lol: If my character is playing in the middle of the night, it's probably my roommate hehe.

BTW, great game tonight! Me and the captain were kicking ass in a few games :)

Any paypal info setup yet? Let us know .

Jalu6 nice to see you have come over from the dark side. PCgaming For the Win!

[quote name='BoomRocker']Any paypal info setup yet? Let us know .

Jalu6 nice to see you have come over from the dark side. PCgaming For the Win![/quote]

Yeah it is in the OP.

Remember people, the OP or the Steam group. That is where all the info will be.

Ok, sadly I won't be able to get that server like I thought I could. I will be happy to contribute to the paypal account.

I'll be online tonight around practice time if I could get an invite.

How 'bout one more time slot for the late nighters? I start gameing after 9:30 central, and I know a few guys who do also.

the time slots for weekday practice have already been decided upon, and friday - sunday are perfect for late-night playing whatever time zone you're in.

also, we cags have been fortunate enough to have a private server fall into our laps for the next couple days, let me know if anybody wants to use it for the next practice or whenever, just pm me and we'll set somethin up

also, if anyone has a good connection, and control over their network, please let me know so that you can host our private ventrilo server

BUMP...

Just played some rounds with Captain and Boom Boom; good times I could definetly see us getting better the more we played. Hopefully next time we can get some new/other folks to join us making the game more CAGgerific!

Another practice in the books thanks to those who came out:
Captain, Squirrel, Kenpachi, and Hero
Teamwork is something that we will definetly need to build over time as well as knowing our best classes to play as.

I look forward to seeing new ppl at the next practice.

This Kenpachi guy loves episode two. I finally used ubercharge today. I never knew how to do it. Darn, i'm a horrible engineer.:roll: Where do I put that sentry gun properly?

Hey, sorry for the lateness but I'm sorta interested in being in the clan.

longstarrr | Xlnt (Or Companion Medic) | Semi-Serious | Have mic.

Couple of things:
1) When's the next practice?
2) I have class every Mon, Tue, Wed night at 6pm (PST). So I won't be able to practice.
3) I'm willing to donate towards a server, just tell me how much and when.

And here's my Steam ID page:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/longstarrr/

[quote name='darthbudge']Hey guys sorry about not being at practice last night[/quote]

I didn't know there were scheduled Sunday practices?

You guys are always free to come play on my servers.

69.31.15.116:27015.png

72.5.250.38:27015.png

64.69.46.131:27015.png

Looks like my (phlip) Steam account was stolen. I've contacted Valve but in the mean time, I am not me.

This really sucks. When I setup Steam it was just to play Half-Life 1, so I gave my account a simple password. I just never changed it when I started using the account for playing online and buying games. If any of you have a simple password on your Steam account, I suggest changing it.

I'll let you know as soon as I get my account back.

Sorry about missing practice last night, my internet was out all day. To my knoweledge it is still down. So if you don't see me for the next few days you know why. However I think it will be up by tonight.

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']Looks like my (phlip) Steam account was stolen. I've contacted Valve but in the mean time, I am not me.

This really sucks. When I setup Steam it was just to play Half-Life 1, so I gave my account a simple password. I just never changed it when I started using the account for playing online and buying games. If any of you have a simple password on your Steam account, I suggest changing it.

I'll let you know as soon as I get my account back.[/QUOTE]
Oh, that sucks. Thanks for the warning though, I too had a very simple password for HL1.

[quote name='SpreadTheWord']Looks like my (phlip) Steam account was stolen. I've contacted Valve but in the mean time, I am not me.

I'll let you know as soon as I get my account back.[/QUOTE]

My account was hijacked too last week. I didn't have a simple password, and never gave it out to anyone, yet someone still managed to steal it. I had my HD scanned for virus/trojans/keyloggers/malware but nothing came up. So it really puzzled me on how they managed to get their hands on it. I did a complete reformat of my computer just in case. I JUST got my account back yesterday after almost a week. But now I am able to play again :)

If you reported your account to steam and got a 12 digital reference number, it'll take them about 3 days to response. Make sure you email address don't have the same simple password you used for the Steam. My ordeal took a week to resolve because of some complication.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']My account was hijacked too last week. I didn't have a simple password, and never gave it out to anyone, yet someone still managed to steal it. I had my HD scanned for virus/trojans/keyloggers/malware but nothing came up. So it really puzzled me on how they managed to get their hands on it. I did a complete reformat of my computer just in case. I JUST got my account back yesterday after almost a week. But now I am able to play again :)

If you reported your account to steam and got a 12 digital reference number, it'll take them about 3 days to response. Make sure you email address don't have the same simple password you used for the Steam. My ordeal took a week to resolve because of some complication.[/quote]

Man, how did you tell it was hijacked?

[quote name='darthbudge']Man, how did you tell it was hijacked?[/QUOTE]

Because the hijacker changed my password as well as my email that is associated w/ the account. During the login screen, there is a button for something like "Forgot Password" and Steam sends an email to you with the security question. Since the hijacker changed my info I never received those email from Steam, so I had to go thru the support to get my account reset with proof of my CD keys.

[quote name='CaptainPlanet!']and steam was designed for security, ironic[/QUOTE]

Seems like it happens very often, a lot of people post on the Steam forums regarding hijacking. So everyone should make sure to not dl anything that would jeopardize your account, and pretty much everything else.

:roll: Darn, whenever I play Team Fortress 2 my screen switching to the desktop after like 15 minutes. Then I have click on the Team Fortress 2 program tab to get back into the server. Meanwhile, my character is idling and is probably killed. I lose like 1 1/2 minutes this way. I have stop this problem. It is driving me nuts. :cry:

Yo yo yo...

Should we set predesignated classes for our practices? Like I could be Medic one could be heavy etc? THat way we could work out some scenarios consistently. Just an idea :eek:)

i think before we do that we should break up into teams of 5 or 6 ppl who get on most evry night about the same time, just to nail down some consistent groups of clan members who work well as a team

[quote name='hero101']:roll: Darn, whenever I play Team Fortress 2 my screen switching to the desktop after like 15 minutes. Then I have click on the Team Fortress 2 program tab to get back into the server. Meanwhile, my character is idling and is probably killed. I lose like 1 1/2 minutes this way. I have stop this problem. It is driving me nuts. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I have this exact same problem, except I lose about 30 secs rather than 1.5 mins. Are you using Vista? Because I don't have this problem under XP, but once I installed Vista I'm having this problem.

I got my Steam account back! I'll be back to playing Orange Box in no time.

I had the same problem with the minimizing of TF2. I thought it was a problem with my wireless keyboard but I guess not. (I need to turn off all the extra buttons on that thing, I've hit the sleep key twice.)

[quote name='SOSTrooper']I have this exact same problem, except I lose about 30 secs rather than 1.5 mins. Are you using Vista? Because I don't have this problem under XP, but once I installed Vista I'm having this problem.[/quote]

I'm having this problem with MS XP Home edition. Maybe my newest nvidia drivers will cure it. Oh yeah, sometimes I hit that stupid alt key by mistake.

Hey guys. Just an update here, my internet is still down as of this morning, I will check it in the morning and see but I really have no clue at this point when it will be up.

Thanks for sticking with me through this, I hope captain is leading everything fine.

[quote name='darthbudge']Hey guys. Just an update here, my internet is still down as of this morning, I will check it in the morning and see but I really have no clue at this point when it will be up.

Thanks for sticking with me through this, I hope captain is leading everything fine.[/quote]

Yea, he's doing a fine job. The only problem is I've only seen one CAG play TF2 at the same time these past few days (at least when I'm on) hehe :lol:

bread's done
Back