Team Fortress 2 Discussion Thread

Great to see we're getting more hats with this update. I'm hoping this update will bring a bunch of new maps, community maps and a Valve created map or two (not arena please Valve, you've made enough of those).

I just reinstalled steam the other day and TF2 on my new system. I see some of my ol pals online and I click to see what server and they're all in /100 servers with some fake program running heh. Achievement/hat servers anybaaaahdy?

It's a fake idling program that from what I've heard from some users, doesn't really help much, if at all.

Complete indifference on the new hats considering I still don't have any of the original ones.

I'm hoping we see the trading system in this update.

Also, can someone explain to me the level system for unlockables, the higher level ones are stronger?

[quote name='Genocidal']It's a fake idling program that from what I've heard from some users, doesn't really help much, if at all.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't say it's completely worthless. It allows you to be online than any normal person could play TF2, and doesn't comes with the actual computational power needed to just idle in game. It's just a time thing...the longer you're online, the more rolls you'll probably get. With more rolls, it is expected that you have a higher chance of having found a hat.

I know what it does. I'm saying that people who use it are reporting that they rarely if ever get items when using it.

[quote name='lordwow']Also, can someone explain to me the level system for unlockables, the higher level ones are stronger?[/QUOTE]

The numbers have no meaning, all items are the same strength.

so i guess king of the hill is a way they can rehash the arena maps that nobody seems to like. well see how it plays out, stacked teams should dominate KOTH and i could see these being no fun at all. however i can see how they could be very fun with balanced teams.

KOTH sounds fantastic. I like game modes that concentrate the action around one point (pl for example).

Sawmill's also a good map, except for the whole arena part...

[quote name='Genocidal']I know what it does. I'm saying that people who use it are reporting that they rarely if ever get items when using it.[/QUOTE]

I dunno what they're using or how their using it, but it definitely seems you get the same number of drops using the program as you would in game. As is common with probability, there are times when you're on a non-rolling streak and go for hours without anything, there are times when you toll three times an hour.

I know it's how I got my Pyro's beanie.

[quote name='Serik']KOTH sounds fantastic. I like game modes that concentrate the action around one point (pl for example).

Sawmill's also a good map, except for the whole arena part...[/QUOTE]

3 minutes seems too short for KOTH, seems like 5 minutes would be better. but i guess ill wait until i play it to judge it too harshly.

Not sure how I feel about limiting pistol speed.

Critboost upon capturing the flag should make things interesting.

Thank God for:

Sappers attached to a teleporter automatically place another Sapper on the other end of the teleporter, if it exists

* Engineers wrenching a teleporter will repair the other end as well, and remove Sappers from both if they exist

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']oh snap, scouts can double jump with the sandman now.[/QUOTE]
and die in one rocket close range, woot!

[quote name='lolvalve']* Engineers wrenching a teleporter will repair the other end as well, and remove Sappers from both if they exist.[/quote]
fuck off valve. Sapping entrances is textbook spy strat.

[quote name='Nohbdy']11,111 lucky assholes got something shiny.

DAMN YOU VALVE.[/QUOTE]My husband got his, and he didn't tell me about it until way later! :bomb: I think I'm going to go into his suitcase and delete his out of spite.

Gah, I'm so pissed. Why did I miss out ;_;

To the guy who asked for elaboration, Valve gave out 11,111 medals personally awarded by the soldier for free.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Gah, I'm so pissed. Why did I miss out ;_;

To the guy who asked for elaboration, Valve gave out 11,111 medals personally awarded by the soldier for free.[/QUOTE]
Here's the link so all us losers can at least enjoy the graphic together:
http://www.teamfortress.com/classless/hidden/today_is_a_good_day/
There used to be a link to sign into Steam and get your medal. When my husband finally told me about it, I clicked the link, but the next page said they were gone already. Soldier seems like the most likely candidate for next update?

So what do people think of KotH? I think it's kind of spammy, but other people seem to like it.

So why exactly were the medals awarded to those 11,111? I'm not quite understanding what the point of them are...are they just supposed to look nice in your inventory? Or did those people do something special?

[quote name='Genocidal']10 seconds of crits on flag cap is retarded.[/QUOTE]
Is it on flag cap or, how exactly does it work? I got crits when walking with the flag so... yeah.

The pistol is now the ultimate spam weapon. I play Engi very differently now that i can just hold down the pistol and empty a chamber in 2 secs. It beats swinging your wrench around the entire round.

Valve patched the game.

And they kept the OVERTIME bug as a console command.

Bless their fragging hearts.

Rocket jump is broken..... :( I can't RJ as high or as far anymore. I kept on thinking I'm messing up but even in my own private lagless server I can't RJ like before. This needs a fix fast.

No ubersaw siphoning when attacking disguised spies is a huge nerf for the medic. Whacking spies is the best and most common way to use the ubersaw. :cry:

Oh, and I want my rocketjumps back and sticky bombs on the control point.

I mostly play soldier, demo, and medic. :cry:

I am actually loving the unlock randomly system now. Even though I don't get fucking items because this game hates me, I played in a server with a extremely shitty team for over an hour just because I could unlock stuff. I also noticed some people getting TWO items at once, like wtf.

Update out today:
http://store.steampowered.com/news/2743/

Team Fortress 2

• Updated PL_Hoodoo. Changes from community mapmaker Tim Johnson:
    • "Added a balcony at 2-1 that I've rotated and cleaned up so it's a much better point, it attracts less sentry spam but is still holdable. 2-2 has a bit more breathing room and the one way route between BLU/RED spawn in stage 3 has gone and in its place some stairs up to the second level accessible from BLU's side."
  • Added "tf_ctf_bonus_time" ConVar to set the CritBoost bonus time for capturing the intelligence (0 to disable it)
  • Added "tf_arena_first_blood" ConVar to toggle the first blood feature in Arena mode (0 to disable it)
  • Added missing snowpuff particles for DX8 players
  • Fixed rocket jumping
  • Fixed sticky bomb attachment to props. They will now only ignore the saws in sawmill
  • Fixed Scouts going into reference pose in double jumps
  • Fixed the Ubersaw not displaying team colors
  • Fixed Spies disguised as RED Scouts not cloaking properly
  • Removed two more text messages for TF_FLAGTYPE_ATTACK_DEFEND CTF game mode

Restart steam to see if that helps. Even if you could play though, most servers aren't updated yet so you get the typical 'water particle error' when joining an outdated server anyway.

bread's done
Back