Team Fortress 2 Discussion Thread

[quote name='carpwrist']I'm hoping for a Boomerang. As an Aussie, he should have some kind of kickass Aborigine weapon.[/QUOTE]

All about the digoridoo brah

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']A crossbow would be SWEET. Maybe that would allow corpses to be pinned to walls. It'd probably have to do less damage than the rifle or have a long reload time though to make it balanced.[/QUOTE]

I figured it'd be a projectile like the crossbow in HL2, do ~100 damage with no charge or headshots. Harder to land a hit but more combat close to mid range oriented.

[quote name='crystalklear64']keep that shit to the clusterfuck that is the steam forums[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, it was just too outrageous NOT to post.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']My money is on a crossbow.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='DukeEdwardI']A crossbow would be SWEET. Maybe that would allow corpses to be pinned to walls. It'd probably have to do less damage than the rifle or have a long reload time though to make it balanced.[/QUOTE]Good call. I'm surprised they went even more primitive than crossbow.

I'm still hoping for a boomerang as well.

Good call on the Crossbow Hydro2Oxide. You were really close.

Hopefully we'll get the duel payload game type in this update (and some more official maps with the forest setting).

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm just throwing this out. I'm guessing the Jar of Pee is a real unlockable.[/QUOTE]
That would be awesome.

Ha! Yes! I KNEW they would let you pin corpses to walls. And the Jar of Pee or a Boomerang sounds feasible (but moreso the boomerang).

I'm still wondering what the secondary is going to be. Maybe a pistol of some kind? Or another rapid-fire weapon? Or some kind of boost like the scout's energy drink or the heavy's sandvich? I guess we'll see later this week!

DAMN! I didn't think Valve could get another update out this soon. I hope it is good and not rushed.

Also are they going to have a countdown/reveal site like they have had before?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see the site now.

[quote name='darthbudge']DAMN! I didn't think Valve could get another update out this soon. I hope it is good and not rushed.[/QUOTE]

Well for everything the scout update DIDN'T have (Like a promised new game mode) The sniper update is supposed to have. Valve claims it to be the biggest one yet.

Hopefully these new arena maps are like Badlands and Well and are based on CP or Payload maps and not just standalone arena maps since I really don't play arena very much.

After 150+ hours of playing this game, I think I'm done with this game.

It's getting boring (and I know it's called Team Fortress) but I'm sick of getting steamrolled when placed with a super suck team. Put the best player against a good team and there is no chance. Play demo and destroy the other teams goods? Get raped by spies when your retarded teammates can't spycheck worth a damn. Play engi? Same thing except your entrance tele will get sapped the second you leave it. Play pyro and spycheck? The other team builds up a ton of teles/sentries/dispensers and your team can't move forward or move just enough to get slaughtered.

[quote name='Sporadic']After 150+ hours of playing this game, I think I'm done with this game.

It's getting boring (and I know it's called Team Fortress) but I'm sick of getting steamrolled when placed with a super suck team. Put the best player against a good team and there is no chance. Play demo and destroy the other teams goods? Get raped by spies when your retarded teammates can't spycheck worth a damn. Play engi? Same thing except your entrance tele will get sapped the second you leave it. Play pyro and spycheck? The other team builds up a ton of teles/sentries/dispensers and your team can't move forward or move just enough to get slaughtered.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried sticking to just a FEW servers?

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']glad to see another class get an upgrade but i really wish they would roll these out faster.[/QUOTE]

LET'S GET THOSE 10 TF2 DEVS ON 24/7 DEVELOPMENT

No, seriously, there's only 10 TF2 devs.

[quote name='Nohbdy']LET'S GET THOSE 10 TF2 DEVS ON 24/7 DEVELOPMENT

No, seriously, there's only 10 TF2 devs.[/QUOTE]

He's right and we're getting free stuff.

I find this to be a fair tradeoff. It only takes 3 or so close range revolvers to kill you anyways and without your precious SMG it'll be hard to kill the spy anyway (Unless you are good at the scopelesses.)

EDIT: Woah, apparently Valve put up a picture of a spy uncloaking for a few minutes before taking it down. Normally I would think someone shooped it but people are saying they saw it.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=860180 Take what you will from it, here's an interesting theory.

EDIT2: A video, no way that could be shooped. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ma3djsVZpY

EDIT3: More proof: http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh6/eikyuu/?action=view&current=Video6.flv

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it! Getting backstabbed is one of the most frustrating deaths in TF2 and i'm more than happy to get a bit of help in preventing that. It'll depend on the server though. I'm not going to give up the machine gun if there aren't any good spies.

[quote name='crystalklear64']do we know its the machine gun you give up for this?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Valve has a thing about always having a melee weapon, lest you be screwed if you ran out of ammo. I think it's safe to assume it's the SMG.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']
I find this to be a fair tradeoff. It only takes 3 or so close range revolvers to kill you anyways and without your precious SMG it'll be hard to kill the spy anyway (Unless you are good at the scopelesses.)
[/QUOTE]
Well I think its more of a deterrent, you don't know which snipers have the shield and which don't, so attacking a sniper becomes a guessing game.
Unless of course the shield is visible in which case it's the stupidest update ever.

Maybe the tribal shield will be invisible unless selected like other weapons. That seems to be the only way to do it if they want don't want spies to just shoot the snipers who are wearing them.

[quote name='itachiitachi']Well I think its more of a deterrent, you don't know which snipers have the shield and which don't, so attacking a sniper becomes a guessing game.
Unless of course the shield is visible in which case it's the stupidest update ever.[/QUOTE]

I figure it'll be highly visible in the same sense that a sentry beeps obnoxiously. It's basically saying "Don't do this you retard!" They'll not stab you and you won't get stabbed. However, if you are alone you'll get revolvered. That's why I think the idea behind the shield is to stick with the team or near a sentry.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Day 4 Update - http://www.teamfortress.com/spyupdate/

So, does this mean all the Sniper stuff was just for playing mind games, or are we really getting two updates at once?[/QUOTE]

No way, those must be real. They were balanced and had thought to them. Not to mention the arrow through head screenshot was in game stuff.

I actually was bored at work today and was reading all the Spy conspiracy theories so I actually laughed out load when I saw what the update was today. Good job Valve. :applause:

[quote name='Sporadic']The cloak and dagger is going to be so overpowered in the hands of a good player, it's going to be ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
Maybe when you have the cloak and dagger equipped backstabs aren't instant kills? Or maybe you have to stab people directly in the back to kill them, you can't stab them in the side like with the normal knife?

Since this update is designed like an advertisement it isn't going to list the negatives, since ads never list the problems a product has.

Ah they got me. I didn't buy into all that hooplah about the spy update (although i did find it interesting), and they sure showed me! All I know is that this is going to be absolute hell. Spy is my most hated class. And good spies are going to use these unlocks for even more frustrating deaths.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']According to shacknews (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/58658) the Sniper AND Spy are getting unlockables. I don't know if that means a full set of gear for each of them, but the sniper stuff was real. Oh and the update will also include headgear, and is apparently out May 21 (next thursday).

Man I love TF2.[/QUOTE]
I saw that some people thought the Sniper stuff was fake and that didn't make any sense to me, the blog has an ingame picture of a corpse shot with an arrow.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Maybe when you have the cloak and dagger equipped backstabs aren't instant kills? Or maybe you have to stab people directly in the back to kill them, you can't stab them in the side like with the normal knife?

Since this update is designed like an advertisement it isn't going to list the negatives, since ads never list the problems a product has.[/QUOTE]

Only negative that the ad mentions is that you can only refill your meter by standing still. You can't pick up metal anymore.

Still the good spys are going to have a field day with this.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I figure it'll be highly visible in the same sense that a sentry beeps obnoxiously. It's basically saying "Don't do this you retard!" They'll not stab you and you won't get stabbed. However, if you are alone you'll get revolvered. That's why I think the idea behind the shield is to stick with the team or near a sentry.[/QUOTE]
When I stick around teammates or a maintained sentry I don't really have a spy problem anyway(unless my team really sucks), and with the shield I wouldn't even have a way to defend the sentry or my teammates against a spy. If the shield can't protect me when I'm alone it's not worth using.
Also I suspect there will be an achievement using the shield, so if a spy can tell if you have it, then the achievement would be near impossible through legitimate means.

[quote name='itachiitachi']When I stick around teammates or a maintained sentry I don't really have a spy problem anyway(unless my team really sucks), and with the shield I wouldn't even have a way to defend the sentry or my teammates against a spy. If the shield can't protect me when I'm alone it's not worth using.
Also I suspect there will be an achievement using the shield, so if a spy can tell if you have it, then the achievement would be near impossible through legitimate means.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought there might be an achievement linked to it but we'll see what happens when it happens.

bread's done
Back