Feedback
170 (100%)
omTeen Titans: Season One

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7649645&type=product&id=1507101
7649645.jpg

The Batman: Season One

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7649547&type=product&id=1507096
7649547.jpg

Im pretty sure these will be the prices instore as well. I'll confirm on Tuesday when I pick these up. Plus you always have the option to buy online and pick up in store.

14.51 each at DDD with free shipping and no tax. Looks like 19.95 msrp. Gonna wait for the 20% off DDD sale and grab these for 3 bucks cheaper each.

[quote name='cag1000']14.51 each at DDD with free shipping and no tax. Looks like 19.95 msrp. Gonna wait for the 20% off DDD sale and grab these for 3 bucks cheaper each.[/QUOTE]

Freak the coupon, I'm ordering the Batman right now! The animation is awesome and well worth $14+ for 13 quality episodes.

The Batman sucks. I hate the animation and the plots are razor thin. The way they have given the characters and villians the work around is really horrible. Now Teen Titans on the other hand, that is a great show. Thanks OP. wouldn't have known that BB had this on sale. I'd rather just get in store. DDD is great, but paying a few cents more doesn't bother me too much.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Is $14.99 the sale price or regular price for each set?[/QUOTE]

Thats the regular price. Thanks OPfor reminding me, I preordered Teen Titans at DDD.

[quote name='Fire']The Batman sucks. I hate the animation and the plots are razor thin. The way they have given the characters and villians the work around is really horrible. Now Teen Titans on the other hand, that is a great show. Thanks OP. wouldn't have known that BB had this on sale. I'd rather just get in store. DDD is great, but paying a few cents more doesn't bother me too much.[/QUOTE]

The Batman vs. Dracula was actually pretty damn cool. I don't care for the rest of the show in general but that price is nice enough that I might give it another try. Teen Titans does rule mightily.

at first when i saw commercials for teen titans i thought it was another bad kiddie show...then one day when i was bored at breakfast time, i turned on the tv, skipped through the usual sports center, and found teen titans on...i decided wth and watched it...i hate to admit it, but i think it's pretty good and i watched a few more episodes...

i might actually pick up the TT dvd set if it's only 14.99 :)

[quote name='2poor']ooh. thank you, but i was looking for the unlimited series.[/QUOTE] That won't be until the JL seasons are made. I'd say maybe next year JLU will be out.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Is $14.99 the sale price or regular price for each set?[/QUOTE]

Its actually the sale price. I belive that the MSRP is $19.99

[quote name='Fire']The Batman sucks. I hate the animation and the plots are razor thin. The way they have given the characters and villians the work around is really horrible. Now Teen Titans on the other hand, that is a great show. Thanks OP. wouldn't have known that BB had this on sale. I'd rather just get in store. DDD is great, but paying a few cents more doesn't bother me too much.[/QUOTE]

On one hand Teen Titans is a story based show and on the other Batman/Superman cartoons arent story based so basically you can jump to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc.. seasons and you wont be missing anything. I think that answers ur lame argument on how Batman sucks.

Does anyone know if either TT or The Batman have any retailer specific exclusive bonus items this week ala the Wallace & Gromit Bonus disc at WalMart or the Corpse Bride figure set?

Haven't seen any yet, sure would love some extras goodies when I grab Batman on Tues.

I totally agree with you and everything you said. Couldn't have said it better. I absolutely can't stand the new The Batman (note the "The"). It's like trying on purpose practically to desecrate the original Batman: TAS. In this Batman I can't stand the character models, the voice acting, etc.

[quote name='gopro']On one hand Teen Titans is a story based show and on the other Batman/Superman cartoons arent story based so basically you can jump to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc.. seasons and you wont be missing anything. I think that answers ur lame argument on how Batman sucks.[/QUOTE]

I don't even think there are 2nd, 3rd, or 4th season of "The" Batman out yet. So your argument there is null and void. I think the Batman you are thinking of is the original which everybody (well most people I would suspect) love dearly. That was a great show, no a classic. Wish that those sets were cheaper though. I'll probably pick up TT on Wed this week. Thanks for reminding me OP.

These are both 13.99 at Amazon, and if you buy them both shipping is free. I'm considering it, but I'll probably pass on The Batman (yay for original comic titles?) and just get Teen Titans- I've been wanting to get that for a while now anyways.

[quote name='cag1000']14.51 each at DDD with free shipping and no tax. Looks like 19.95 msrp. Gonna wait for the 20% off DDD sale and grab these for 3 bucks cheaper each.[/QUOTE]
I lucked out and preordered Teen Titans while DDD had it listed as $11.99. Just arrived today, too!

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']
I don't even think there are 2nd, 3rd, or 4th season of "The" Batman out yet. So your argument there is null and void. I think the Batman you are thinking of is the original which everybody (well most people I would suspect) love dearly. That was a great show, no a classic. Wish that those sets were cheaper though. I'll probably pick up TT on Wed this week. Thanks for reminding me OP.[/QUOTE]

Um... The Batman has had three seasons so far, and its currently going through its third right now, so apparently someone likes it enough.

[quote name='Roufuss']Um... The Batman has had three seasons so far, and its currently going through its third right now, so apparently someone likes it enough.[/QUOTE]

Really???:whistle2:k You sure? I thought it only had one season, maybe two max and both were spread out.

The Batman is done by the same production company that did Jackie Chan. You can tell by the art style. So they and the network are tight. Jackie Chan was better.

Oh, and don't miss the TMNT's. Saturdays episode rocked my socks!

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']The prices for both sets are now listed as $15.99 at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Changed OP to reflect change. Well DDD is and Amazon are still under $15.00

Damn that sucks S2 of TT isn't coming out still Sept. I really want that one episode where Starfire goes to the future and they have Nightwing.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I totally agree with you and everything you said. Couldn't have said it better. I absolutely can't stand the new The Batman (note the "The"). It's like trying on purpose practically to desecrate the original Batman: TAS. In this Batman I can't stand the character models, the voice acting, etc.

I don't even think there are 2nd, 3rd, or 4th season of "The" Batman out yet. So your argument there is null and void. I think the Batman you are thinking of is the original which everybody (well most people I would suspect) love dearly. That was a great show, no a classic. Wish that those sets were cheaper though. I'll probably pick up TT on Wed this week. Thanks for reminding me OP.[/QUOTE]

Any Batman/Superman show, I dont care if you go back to the 60's, the shows arent story based. Thats the beauty of those shows. So few shows can do that and succeed. And yes there are 3 seasons of "The Batman" probably soon to be a 4th season. haha.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Damn that sucks S2 of TT isn't coming out still Sept. I really want that one episode where Starfire goes to the future and they have Nightwing.[/QUOTE]

That's one of my favorite episodes too.

And, it's kind of off topic, but theirs going to be a new episode of Justice League Unlimited saturday night. Make sure to watch!

I can't wait for Justice League. I'm so glad I didn't get all those single disc releases. Ok I got one, but I traded it in to Gamestop a while ago. WB needs to stop double dipping all these shows, it's ridiculous. I think I'll pick up TT this week too. I need to watch those in the proper order.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Will be picking these up by Friday. Just cant wait till next month:

14849667.jpg

3 - 21 - 2006

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7683642&type=product&id=1510139

and for the JLA fans:
14849658.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7683651&type=product&id=1510138[/QUOTE]

Oh man, two more great releases. I'll definitely pick up Batman Beyond, and I'm hoping to get The Animated Series soon.

As an addition to my earlier post, I was offered a free 3 month Amazon Prime trial, which gives you free 2 day shipping, meaning I got Teen Titans s1 for 13 dollars shipped!

I didn't check on The Batman prices, as I'm not a fan and don't plan on buying, but I'd guess it's either 12.99 or 13.99.

[quote name='TVShowsOnDVD']To tie into today's releases of Teen Titans: Season 1 and The Batman: Season 1, WHV has revealed to The World's Finest the release date for the next season collections for these popular animated series. According to WHV, Teen Titans: The Complete Second Season and The Batman: The Complete Second Season will hit shelves simultaneously on September 19th, 2006.

For those hesitating to pick up these first season collections, do not worry. WHV will be releasing more season collections of
The Batman and Teen Titans!

Further details on these sets won't be released until late summer at the earliest.
[/QUOTE]
http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5064

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Will be picking these up by Friday. Just cant wait till next month:

14849667.jpg

3 - 21 - 2006

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7683642&type=product&id=1510139[/QUOTE]

This an The Real Ghostbusters (seasons/volumes) are the two things in my life I want on DVD.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']These are both 13.99 at Amazon, and if you buy them both shipping is free. I'm considering it, but I'll probably pass on The Batman (yay for original comic titles?) and just get Teen Titans- I've been wanting to get that for a while now anyways.[/QUOTE]

$12.99 each now, I just ordered both for $26 shipped.

Like you I'm not all that interested in The Batman but my little cousin is a fan of the show apparently and his bday is in March so that'll make a nice gift...

Edit: By the way has anyone seen The Batman vs. Dracula release at all? I loved that story in the comics and it may be the trick I need to really get me into watching The Batman if it's pretty good.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Real Ghostbusters 2/28/06 $8.99ea

Volume 1:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7649084&type=product&id=1513434

Volume 2:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7649093&type=product&id=1513435

Volume 3:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7649119&type=product&id=1513436
7649119.jpg
[/QUOTE]

:bouncy:

I pre-ordered those as soon as I could. I really want seasons/volumes. I have a good feeling though. They put two episodes on the GB 1 & 2 pack in August to test the waters. They saw there was some demand, which is why we have these. If these sell well I'm thinking seasons. Which would make my life. No joke.

SO EVERYONE BUY! :D

Why are they releasing season 2 of each of these two shows way off in September..?

That dosen't make alot of sense, and that is a huge downtime for each show... May / June would work alot better, espically with the smaller MSRP. How many eps is on each DVD anyways? 13?

That Justice League DVD is a ripoff if it's only the first season, since the first season was what, 12 or 13 eps? Better be at least 24 episodes like the Batman DVD's to justify that tag.

[quote name='Roufuss']Why are they releasing season 2 of each of these two shows way off in September..?

That dosen't make alot of sense, and that is a huge downtime for each show... May / June would work alot better, espically with the smaller MSRP. How many eps is on each DVD anyways? 13?[/QUOTE]

Because they are going to cash in on the season premiere DVD promos. A la 24. :D

I just picked up Teen Tians today from Frys Electronics in socal for $14.99. I can't wait for Batman Beyond, and Justice League to come out.

[quote name='Roufuss']Why are they releasing season 2 of each of these two shows way off in September..?

That dosen't make alot of sense, and that is a huge downtime for each show... May / June would work alot better, espically with the smaller MSRP. How many eps is on each DVD anyways? 13?

That Justice League DVD is a ripoff if it's only the first season, since the first season was what, 12 or 13 eps? Better be at least 24 episodes like the Batman DVD's to justify that tag.[/QUOTE]

You probably think that the first two seasons of Justice League being short because all the storylines spanned multiple episodes. The first season of Justice League had 26 episodes, but only had 12 storylines.

Secret Origins: Episodes 1-3
In Blackest Night: Episodes 4-5
The Enemy Below: Episodes 6-7
Paradise Lost: Episodes 8-9
War World: Episodes 10-11
The Brave and the Bold: Episodes 12-13
Fury: Episodes 14-15
Legends: 16-17
Injustice for All: Episodes 18-19
Knight of Shadows: 20-21
Metamorphosis: Episodes 22-23
The Savage Time: 24-26

It wasn't until the third season of Justice League when it became Justice League Unlimited that they had numerous standalone episodes which might make it seem like seasons 3-5 (the current season) have more episodes than the first 2 seasons. Unfortunately the Justice League Unlimited seasons only have 13 episodes each with this final season having aired 12 episodes already.

[quote name='Roufuss']

That Justice League DVD is a ripoff if it's only the first season, since the first season was what, 12 or 13 eps? Better be at least 24 episodes like the Batman DVD's to justify that tag.[/QUOTE]

What?

What are you talking about?

Justice League Season One is going to be a 4 Disc Box Set with 26 Episodes of the entire first season.

The Batman Animated Series has 28 Episodes each volume and they cost the same as the Justice League is going to cost.

[quote name='KAR10']What?

What are you talking about?

Justice League Season One is going to be a 4 Disc Box Set with 26 Episodes of the entire first season.

The Batman Animated Series has 28 Episodes each volume and they cost the same as the Justice League is going to cost.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, someone already corrected me without being a jackass, your post was really not needed.

Did you not bother to read the post above yours that was posted hours earlier?

Thanks notorious_pip, for some reason I was putting all the storylines together, and thinking it was 13 eps instead of 26... its been a long time since I'd seen any of those episodes.

[quote name='Roufuss']Thanks, someone already corrected me without being a jackass, your post was really not needed.

Did you not bother to read the post above yours that was posted hours earlier?[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='Roufuss']Thanks, someone already corrected me without being a jackass, your post was really not needed.

Thanks notorious_pip, for some reason I was putting all the storylines together, and thinking it was 13 eps instead of 26... its been a long time since I'd seen any of those episodes.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't trying to be a jackass but if you see it that way than that's your problem.

I was only trying to let you know about the info I personally know and I always try not to double post when information is already been available by replay. I did see the info above my post but I didn't see that was intented to you.

I just picked up Season 1 of Teen Titans for $12 at Wal-Mart today.
Might be worth checking out, not sure if its that price everywhere.

Thanks notorious_pip, for some reason I was putting all the storylines together, and thinking it was 13 eps instead of 26... its been a long time since I'd seen any of those episodes.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I'm a big comic book fan, so I have all the episodes downloaded so far. I'll be deleting them as these DVD box sets come out, though. I'm obligated to support the creators and show the corporate brass what I like by buying these box sets.

I can understand how the multiepisodic storylines could make you think the first two seasons were shorter. I think having so many superheroes in the Unlimited seasons makes it seem like they had more storylines and episodes than they really had.

[quote name='KAR10']I wasn't trying to be a jackass but if you see it that way than that's your problem.

I was only trying to let you know about the info I personally know and I always try not to double post when information is already been available by replay. I did see the info above my post but I didn't see that was intented to you.[/QUOTE]

Well, I did quote his post regarding what a ripoff he thought the DVD box sets were. ;)

bread's done
Back