TenneCAGs

theq87

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I think it'd be pretty rad if someone with better image-generatin' skillz than me made a graphic of this. Y'know, to help us rep TN...

And a pun. Anyway, yeah, I'd be sure to include it in my sig.

Good day.

edit: If this wasn't supposed to be in this forum, my bad.

[quote name='neudog']Not that I'm too worried about this, but for those of you who are you should wait at Wal-Mart. I say this because at my store there is a local cop on duty 24/7, so you would have some protesction. Also with Wal-Mart depending if you're alone or with someone you can either sit your things down and have a clerk watch them or wait in the store until the other party went and got their vehicle. Though crime is evident throughout the U.S. there really wasn't any related story when the 360 launch. Good luck and don't forget those Flak jackets.:rofl:[/quote]

Just talking about Memphis, at a BB here, two people were robbed as soon as they came out of the store, wallets, any watches or jewelry and of course, their 360s

[quote name='neudog']For all you Nashville CAG's I was at the Brentwood Best Buy and saw the following "clearance" items:

- Prey: CE/LE (360) : $49.99; 3 remaining
- Madden 06 (360) : $19.99; 6-7 remaining
- Suffering: Ties That Bind (PS2): $9.99; 4-5 remaining
- Trapt (Ps2): $14.99; only 1 copy left at around 3:30 p.m. today
- Godfather Special Edition (Xbox) : $29.99; 4-5 remaining
- Madden 05 (Xbox) : $9.99; not worth it but I thought I would mention it
- Logitech PSP speakers : $29.99; 3 remaining

All these items are in the front of the store across from the "New CD" releases. Also I said they are clearanced because they had big yellow stickers w/ hand written prices.[/quote]

Did they have any more Logitech XBox wireless controllers? I went a week ago or so and they had those marked down to $9.99, I grabbed two (they're usually $39.99). They were white with the EA Sports logo.

Didn't see you today at any GS/EBs Neudog. Tomorrow I'm heading to the GS on Galatin Road hoping to flip about 50 some games. I'm heading to the EB at the mall tomorrow probably in the morning to pick up as many games as possible under $3.99 to flip. I'll have to update my list of games that are currently under $3.99 at gamestop.

[quote name='Scorch']Did they have any more Logitech XBox wireless controllers? I went a week ago or so and they had those marked down to $9.99, I grabbed two (they're usually $39.99). They were white with the EA Sports logo.[/QUOTE]

Sorry did not see them in the area I mentioned, so I'm guessing they're out.

[quote name='Wolve22']Didn't see you today at any GS/EBs Neudog. Tomorrow I'm heading to the GS on Galatin Road hoping to flip about 50 some games. I'm heading to the EB at the mall tomorrow probably in the morning to pick up as many games as possible under $3.99 to flip. I'll have to update my list of games that are currently under $3.99 at gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably stop by the Hastings GS sometime Wednesday afternoon/evening.
How many games total do you think you will have traded by time this sale ends?

Hey Neudog, let me know if you can find a PV Chibi Robo.. should ring up $4.99. My Hastings has a few Battallion Wars but no Chibi.

I'm also in Tennessee... Murfreesboro to be exact.

Speaking of, I saw three Elite 360s at the college Walmart tonight if anyone is looking. Also when I was at hastings the other day they had a couple of Wiis

Question for all my Tennessee CAGs:

Is there another place besides Hooters that you guys know about that serve breaded hot wings? I love Hooters, but I'm looking for a bit of variety. I recently went on vacation in Toronto, and a buddy took me to a place called Chaps, they had the best breaded hot wings I've ever had.

I know about Toots, Buffalo Wild Wings and Wing Zone, they don't have breaded wings to my knowedlge. I'm basically looking for any other bar/resturant that have wings BETTER than Hooters wings.

Representin' in Smyrna! Rock on TN CAGs!

Hey all.. I'm a CAG'er from the state above you all. I'm going to be in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg for a few days. Any good finds down this way? I'd love to find something like a Half-Priced Books.

[quote name='SexyBeast']Hey all.. I'm a CAG'er from the state above you all. I'm going to be in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg for a few days. Any good finds down this way? I'd love to find something like a Half-Priced Books.[/QUOTE]
When I go that way, there is only novelty stores. It's fun to go to, but I wouldn't expect a half-priced bookstore with Harry Potter. I wouldn't expect any gamestores either.

[quote name='tayaf69']When I go that way, there is only novelty stores. It's fun to go to, but I wouldn't expect a half-priced bookstore with Harry Potter. I wouldn't expect any gamestores either.[/quote]

Yeah.. I haven't been in years, but I figured that's all it was. Sounds like it hasn't changed much.

Dollywood FTL

edit: Speaking of cheap plastic. I found a copy of Futurama for PS2 at a closing hollywood video for cheap. I'll be living on easy street in no time. Dolla bill yall

For all those in Nashville and the surrounding areas I just came across some Best Buy Clearance games in the Rivergate area:

$9.99:
Amped
Bomberman
NBA Live 06
NBA 2K6

$15.99
Superman
Spiderman
Bulletwitch
Armored Core 4
Tiger Woods 07
NBA Live 07
March Madness 07
College Hoops 2K7

$19.99
Project Slipheed
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (Original)
Tetris Evolution
LOTR: BFME II
Test Drive
THP8

$23.99
DOAX

PS3

$15.99
Full Auto
Spiderman
Tiger Woods 07
Madden 07

$19.99
NBA Homecourt
MLB 2K7

Wii

$9.99
Ice Age

$15.99
Spiderman

The quantities were slim and there are a few titles I missed. I strongly suggest if you want to capitalize hit the store up tonight or when they open in the morning.

Thanks to neudog for the sales tip at the Rivergate BB.

I went there last night and they had added GBA, DS, Xbox, GC and PS2 games to the sale rack (a rolling display rack that is sitting in an aisle near the videogame section).

I was there right before closing time so I couldn't take many notes.

Here is what I got:

PS2
GrimGrimoire 9.99
Okami 19.99

DS
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime 12.99

Remember - these products will vary from store to store.
Happy hunting.

New TN CAG here. Been lurking for a couple of months now. I live in the Smyrna/M'boro area. I'm always out and about in my area and I'll post any deals I may find.

GameStop
Hamilton Crossing
851 Hamilton Crossing Drive
Antioch, TN 37013
(615) 360-9520

They've been open a couple of months, and are having their buy 2 used get 1 free sale, until Sunday. It is a small store, not much selection, but if you are in the area, you might want to check it out. As of last night, they had a used Halo 3, some used Strangleholds, and a used Heavenly Sword, among other things. They also still had a new, sealed in box Bioshock LE (Big Daddy has a broken arm, but, of course, it can be replaced).

Located across the street from the Walmart gas station. Good luck.

There's a new Gamestop opening in Smyrna tomorrow. I'm not sure if they are having any kind of grand opening deals going on. I'm going to stop by there tomorrow and check. It won't be until late afternoon by the time I can get by there, but I'll post anything if so.

[quote name='Kosh']There's a new Gamestop opening in Smyrna tomorrow. I'm not sure if they are having any kind of grand opening deals going on. I'm going to stop by there tomorrow and check. It won't be until late afternoon by the time I can get by there, but I'll post anything if so.[/quote]

Usually, the "Grand Opening" sale doesn't happen until a few months after the store has been open.

[quote name='Sideshow']Just east of Knoxville here[/quote]

how east of knoxville? I'm originally from Tazewell/Jefferson City, but reside in Chatt-town now

[quote name='arthurRWD']how east of knoxville? I'm originally from Tazewell/Jefferson City, but reside in Chatt-town now[/QUOTE]

Wow, thats pretty crazy that I actually know someone here, albeit not personally. I used to play with your old band all the time Arthur, though not until after you weren't with them anymore.

We played that rediculously packed reunion show that you did though, so I guess we have played together technically.

[quote name='arthurRWD']how east of knoxville? I'm originally from Tazewell/Jefferson City, but reside in Chatt-town now[/quote]

I live in the Jefferson City area.

Every once in a while, I browse Craigslist. I just came across this listing: http://nashville.craigslist.org/ele/543319961.html

Seems that three former Rhino employees (there was a Rhino in Knoxville? How did I not know that. I'm sure it was after my time, but still, I should have known) are looking to open up an independant videogame store near UT. It'll be interesting to see if anything comes of this.

Murfreesboro,TN CAG here

GameTrader by the Walmart on Old Fort is a great place to trade your games in, but they never have any good new PS3 games or get them about a week later than Gamestop. They definitely give you more for your trades though.

BigHerm,
What is the deal with so many Craigslisters in Murfreesboro/Smyrna. There are always some pretty good listings in your neck of the woods. Never do find much north of Nashville. Ever have any luck on CL?

Hey folks, was at my Hastings in Murfreesboro and noticed they had a 60GB PS3 for 449.99

If I didn't already have one, I would have bought it right up.

Nashville CAGer here. Good to see so many people from around here on this great site! We should all scratch each other's backs on great deals we uncover in and around the Nashville area! :)

Yo, I just moved here from California to Nashville. So hopefully, there will be some great deals around my new surroundings here.

[quote name='willc23']BigHerm,
What is the deal with so many Craigslisters in Murfreesboro/Smyrna. There are always some pretty good listings in your neck of the woods. Never do find much north of Nashville. Ever have any luck on CL?[/quote]

lol man i bought some stuff off of a guy from CL this weekend as a matter of fact.

Many times its college kids from MTSU needing some money so they are selling some of their stuff.

[quote name='BigHerm']I found a Wii in stock in Murfreesboro,TN for my inlaws, i'll tell you guys if they have any more when i get back.[/quote]
maybe he lied, maybe I just have bad luck but I called and the guy told me they had a wii in stock at one of the two gamestops here. I get there and he says he's already sold it,lol

I'm in the Maryville / Alcoa area. I keep hearing about all these clearance bins at Walmart for games, but the stores around here never have any. Anyone know of any WalMarts with game clearance bins? Mainly looking for 360 & PS3 titles.

Also, I notice that the K-Marts around here do not really follow the National price lists as advertisted on this site. I went to the Kmart in Maryville & Oak Ridge and they had Quake 4 for the Xbox360 for $39.99. Supposedly you can find it for $10 at Kmart. Anyone have any luck with Kmarts by them?

[quote name='st00ge']I'm in the Maryville / Alcoa area. I keep hearing about all these clearance bins at Walmart for games, but the stores around here never have any. Anyone know of any WalMarts with game clearance bins? Mainly looking for 360 & PS3 titles.

Also, I notice that the K-Marts around here do not really follow the National price lists as advertisted on this site. I went to the Kmart in Maryville & Oak Ridge and they had Quake 4 for the Xbox360 for $39.99. Supposedly you can find it for $10 at Kmart. Anyone have any luck with Kmarts by them?[/quote]

Holy shit! A fellow Maryvillian; I never thought I'd see the day.

Well, I'm actually in Knoxville now, at UT, but I grew up in Maryville.

Sadly, none of the Kmarts that I'm aware of, the one in Maryville nor the one on Kingston Pike, have any of these amazing deals that I've seen in the clearance thread.

Just came back from the Brentwood/Franklin Best Buy and snagged these on clearance:

$3.99- Def Jam Icon (XBox 360)
$39.99- Time Crisis 4 w/ GunCon (PS3)

bread's done
Back