TenneCAGs

theq87

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I think it'd be pretty rad if someone with better image-generatin' skillz than me made a graphic of this. Y'know, to help us rep TN...

And a pun. Anyway, yeah, I'd be sure to include it in my sig.

Good day.

edit: If this wasn't supposed to be in this forum, my bad.

Best Buy in Brentwood/Cool Springs has the following clearanced out:

- Time Crisis 4 w/ Guncon (PS3) $39.99
- Boogie (PS2) $4.99... might be $9.99
- Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest w/ Keith Richards Figure $8.99
- Transformers 2-Disc w/ 2 Mini Transformer Figures $8.99
51Z2oMMc8uL._AA240_.jpg

Also scored Earth Defense Force 2017 for $12 at COMPUSA Liquidation sale. My copy was purchased at the Brentwood one and there were two copies left. The one in 100 Oaks mall had a few copies left too at around 1:30 this afternoon. Items are 70% off and are suppose to drop to 80% on Sunday. The main items left besides fixtures are various Wireless notebook cards, Sound Cards, Routers, MP3 accessories, PC books, a few guides, limited quantities of 360/Xbox/PS2/PC games.

[quote name='vlv723']Yo, I just moved here from California to Nashville. So hopefully, there will be some great deals around my new surroundings here.[/quote]

You too? Unbelievable, so did I..........er, about two years ago.....

If your REALLY a Halo kid, they have those little figurines that debuted with the game at the CoolSprings Target on clearance for about a buck 40 at the back left corner of the store, where all the clearance crap is.

Nashville area rep! Live in Murfreesboro, work in Lebanon.

Lebanon - Kmart & WM never have anything (good) on sale or discounted. Only other option is a Game Crazy which is 1/2 way decent but you still have to know your prices.

Murfreesboro - I've lived here 6+ years and just discovered Hastings?!? WTF is wrong with me?!? I think we have 2 Game Crazy stores, 2 Game Stops, 2 WM's, Target, K-Mart, TRU, and finally a Best Buy... but no GameRush's. There is also Digital Planet and Game Trader but their prices are kinda high IMO.

Nashville CAG's the Target located near downtown Franklin had 3 Zunes for $95 at around 12 p.m. Pretty sure they're still there because I've found hoarders don't typically make it out that far.

Thought I'd post this since it is probably YMMV-Regional. I went to the K-Mart in Lebanon, TN today to do the free $10 GC when you buy a $50 GC. I was going to buy a game to just return and get the cash back - basically pocketing the $10 bonus. Well, I grabbed Surfs-Up for the 260 since it was marked $49.99 but it rang up $9.99! Woohoo! I may have to go back and get more. :)

Another Nashville rep:
The Best Buy in Mt Juliet (Providence) has several Wii and 360 games for buy 2 get 1 free right now. The games look like recent ones that have been clearanced at TRU, Target, and Circuit City. I can't remember the specific games but it may be worth a look.

[quote name='postureking']Another Nashville rep:
The Best Buy in Mt Juliet (Providence) has several Wii and 360 games for buy 2 get 1 free right now. The games look like recent ones that have been clearanced at TRU, Target, and Circuit City. I can't remember the specific games but it may be worth a look.[/quote]

Dang, I was just there at lunch today and I didn't see that. I had noticed it before that they had a bunch of games on a rack with a sign. Today it was gone. I've got $100+ in BB GC's burning a hole in my pocket that I need to use on things like this. :)

Also, I think you can go and buy $25 pre-paid debit/credit cards at Lowes with a $10 off $25 purchase coupon. Less the $3.95 activation fee, that will give you an extra $5 each time you roll that deal, plus you can use a 10% off games BB coupon (up to 3 games). That'd probably make the deals a little better.

Of course, I went to the Target in the same shopping center to use my $10 off any Xbox 360 coupon + the $5 off 25 purchase but they didn't have anything marked on clearance. So, I went to M'boro and used both coupons.

Kane and Lynch was $59.99 marked down to $39.99 - $10 coupon - $5 coupon + tax = $27.xx. Not bad considering the used price is around $35.

Let's get this thread rolling...
I found Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow yesterday at the Target in Brentwood for $24.48. They had 4-5 copies. I picked one up, although they could drop soon. I don't know what to expect with this new batch of clearance games (old inventory suddenly making an appearance) at Target.

[quote name='postureking']Let's get this thread rolling...
I found Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow yesterday at the Target in Brentwood for $24.48. They had 4-5 copies. I picked one up, although they could drop soon. I don't know what to expect with this new batch of clearance games (old inventory suddenly making an appearance) at Target.[/quote]

Why did you buy it? Best Buy sells it new for $9.99.. they've had it for the longest time

[quote name='Scorch']Why did you buy it? Best Buy sells it new for $9.99.. they've had it for the longest time[/quote]

I haven't seen this game in Best Buy in two years - this is a 3-year-old DS game. It's hard to find new anywhere at this point. If you have seen it, let me know where so I can return the one I bought to Target. Thanks for the heads up.

Has anyone ever found any good deals in the Rivergate area? I never find any good clearance stuff (if any at all) in any of the Rivergate stores.

The Target in Rivergate is okay, but Circuit City and Sears are pretty much cleared out. I was told that someone has cleared out the Toys R Us there when they have the Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal, so they have very little clearance. I have not been in that Best Buy. Overall, it's hit and miss, with more misses.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good spots to trade in games in the Nashville area? Other than Gamestop, of course. I checked a Blockbuster today and they said that they did not trade in any games...

[quote name='postureking']Just wondering if anyone knows of any good spots to trade in games in the Nashville area? Other than Gamestop, of course. I checked a Blockbuster today and they said that they did not trade in any games...[/quote]

Yeah, not many places. You can try Game Crazy (Hollywood Video) but they are just like Gamestop. I've tried the Block Busters in M'boro but I got the same response too.

I've just ended up trading my games here on CAG, on GameTZ.com, or on Goozex. I think it just depends on what games you have and of course, what the demand is for it.

I did take advantage of the $10 bonus at Gamestop for any 2 used new gen games. I got COD2 and Cars for free AC at Target and I got $16.50 on trade-in. Doesn't sound like much but I didn't pay for them so it was an easy bonus.

Thanks for the input - I was reading about people trading Fantastic Four for $30 at Blockbuster, and it stinks that we don't have that around here.

I saw some clearance games at the Best Buy in Hickory Hollow yesterday. They were thinned out by the time I got there but I was able to find Dawn of Mana for $9.99 (last one). There may be some stuff there worth checking out - they're all on the other side of the movie display at the front of the video game section (front of store).

And thus continues the conversation with myself...

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad HH is too far for me. I generally check Mt Juliet and M'boro but they don't have too much on clearance or the clearance price still isn't the cheapest around.

I was able to get :360: Tony Hawk's Proving Ground for $9.99 after a price-match to Radio Shack's web site... since none of my local RS's carry any Xbox games it was nice to get a good deal at BB.

Anyone in the Nashville area who collects penny guides, the GameStop in the Cool Springs Galleria had not updated their prices yesterday (i.e. these guides had not yet dropped to a penny, even though they should have), and, as of around 5:30 PM last night, still had the following on the spinner rack:

007 Quantum of Solace
Spectrobes: Beyond the Portals (x2, I believe)
Dragon Quest IV
Spider-Man Web of Shadows (x2, I believe)
Soulcalibur IV (not in great shape, though)
Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon
Socom: Confrontation
Gears of War 2 LE

If you go when they open, I think there is a chance that the prices will have updated, but the guides may not have been pulled yet (Note: this does not necessarily mean that they will sell them to you). I would, but it is too far for me to go just for guides that they might not even sell to me. Good luck.

Hey everyone! Just wanted to pop in and see what kinda action there was in my local thread...I see several people from the Nash area, any Chattanoogans around?

Just a heads up for anyone in Nashville; the Mt Juliet Best Buy had some extra games marked down to $9.99, including Beijing 2008 and Valkyria Chronicles (PS3). They were stickered but did not ring up 9.99; a manual override had to be done (which the associate requested without my having to mention it). I hope they last for anyone interested.

Anyone in the Nashville area know where I could find Mirrors Edge(360) for $20. It was in the Target clearance thread but the ones I went to barely have any 360 games...

[quote name='SSJGodzilla']Anyone in the Nashville area know where I could find Mirrors Edge(360) for $20. It was in the Target clearance thread but the ones I went to barely have any 360 games...[/quote]

None in Murfreesboro, TN or Mt Juliet, TN Targets. Both are pretty bare on clearance games. I went by yesterday. In fact, the M'boro store barely has any regular / new games. Seems like the 360 section is quite small compared to other stores.

Nashville area CAGs:

Sears in Cool Springs (also posted in the Sears thread) prices and availability:
Lost Odyssey, $9.97 confirmed - 1 copy, slightly damaged back cover.
MotorStorm, $9.97 confirmed, think I got the only one.
Heavenly Sword, $14.97, multiple copies.
Folklore, $9.97, multiple copies.
Mario Kart Super Circuit GBA $9.97, 1 copy (I didn't buy it, it just surprised me).
Bioshock PS3, 1 copy, still $19.97
Bourne Conspiracy 360, $14.97 (if I didn't get it from BB for $10, I'm not getting it from Sears for $15)
They also had one of the Shaman King GBA games for $4.97, but I forget which one
There were some other games that I didn't bother checking.
----------------------------------------------------
Also, if any of you have been unable to find You're in the Movies at BB, I just picked up the last 3 at the Cool Springs BB. If you can meet me, and want it for personal use (i.e. to keep, not to sell or trade), I will give you one. I live in Antioch, and work in Lebanon. Meeting place and time must be convenient to me.

Also, the Cool Springs Target had many of the PS2 games drop to 4.98 this week (e.g. Resident Evil 4, Bully, and Kingdom Hearts II).

The K-Mart at the foot of Signal Mountain (Chattanooga / Hamilton area) is going out of business, clearancing everything in the store. Games are 50% off now... nothing too special, but Devil May Cry 4 is about $10 and they have a lot of PSP games.

Afton, TN here. I'm close to Kingsport and Greeneville, maybe Johnson City too. But these three places are dead for deals. Someone cleaned them out already =/

[quote name='jcdenco']Tennessee cag all the way from m'boro tennessee[/QUOTE]

Hey, welcome! I'm in the 'boro too; south-side.

Cool Springs Report:

TRU: As of 5:30ish, they had 1 Singstar v2 bundle left (behind the counter). I bought the other 2. They did not have any v1 bundles or Buzz.

Target: About 50 Guitar Hero III (360) $7.48, a few $19.98 Scene-It: Box Office Smash, A few Wheelman (PS3) and RockBand 2 (PS3) ~$30, a couple Secret Agent Clank (PSP) $19.98, some GRAW 2/Splinter Cell Essentials PSP 2-packs $14.98, 2 Afro Samurai (360) ~$30, at least 1 LocoRoco 2 (PSP) $9.98, nothing else I remember. I didn't buy anything.

BB: They had a bunch of 50% off games, including a few special editions. The only thing that really seemed worth it to me was Saints Row 2 (360), but I already bought a copy from a fellow CAG who got it from Fred Meyer. Penny guide jackpot. I got the only Gears 2 LE there was, but most of the others they had plenty. I took 1 of each (except for a few that I really didn't want), and the cashier thought I was a reseller, lol. I told her I really just wanted them for myself, which was the truth. If I was going to resell, I would have taken a lot more. I got:
Gears 2 LE
GTA Chinatown Wars
Saints Row 2
Super Mario Galaxy Premiere
GTA Lost & the Damned (may have been the only one)
Madworld
Mario Kart Wii
Resistance 2 (there was one more left with a slightly torn cover. I took the one with the bent back corner).

They also had:
Endwar
Madden 09 (I think)
1 Haze
a couple of Afro Samurai

No Lego Indy or SSBB that I saw. Anything I listed without a number they had plenty of.

Hope this helps someone.

Wish some deals would come across Knoxville, only place i come across deals is mckays used books/cds/music

Cool Springs Update:

I apologize for not posting this earlier, but I haven't been near a computer and my phone's browser has issues with posting. Cool Springs (Nashville area), TN has had some 50% off racks for a couple of weeks now, and I wasn't biting, but I was in the area and decided to check for penny guides. If I had remembered that they were out of penny guides the last time I was there, I would have missed out big time. They switched all the 50% off to 75% off. By the time I left, most of the good stuff was gone, but they did still have several Hell's Highway CE (forget price), a bunch of Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 CE (forget price), and 4 Grand Theft Auto IV CE ($17.50 after discount), all for 360. They also had a bunch of different guitars, and 1 copy left of Singstar v1 bundle ($15 after discount) for PS3.

My pickups (prices are after discount):

Sega Superstars Tennis (PS3) $5 (last one, I think)
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror (PSP) $3.75 (at least 1 left)
Dragon Quest IV (DS) $7.50 (a few left)
Tecmo Bowl (DS) $7.50 (You'll notice the price has gone back up since the universal $10 clearance sale)
Eye of Judgment Bundle (PS3) $17.50 (last one. Saved me from continuing to try to find it at different Walmarts. None left. Sears Rivergate has a couple for $30, if you are having trouble finding it.)
Tom Clancy's Endwar CE (360 and PS3) $10 each (They were marked $89.99, and I was thinking, for $22.50, the headsets are worth it. If I had realized they were $10, I would have grabbed another for a friend, but it was already gone by the time I found out. None left)
Facebreaker (360) $5 (tons left)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (360) $10 (a couple left)
Flash Focus (DS) $5 (Tons left)
Spider-Man Web of Shadows (360) $6 (a few left)
Nights (Wii) $5 (not sure how many left)

They had some older sports games (08 basketball titles for ps3, fifa street 3 for ps3), Blitz 2 (360), Drum King and Ultimate Band (Wii), a ton of different plastic guitars, and a few 75% off guides (I remember Dead Space was one), and some other DS games, and games for other systems that I don't recall. Also, I think they had World at War CE for windows, but I can't swear to it. One woman grabbed a ton of PS2 dual shock 2 controllers, not sure if there were any more. If I don't come to my senses, I may go back tomorrow.

Also, BB Rivergate still has about 10 Rolando iTunes game cards.

[quote name='styl3s']Wish some deals would come across Knoxville, only place i come across deals is mckays used books/cds/music[/QUOTE]

Really? I used to go to McKay's in Knoxville (maybe 15 years or so ago), did some flips there and Disc Exchange (they still around?). I only recently (like the past two weeks) discovered the McKay's here in Nashville, but they pretty much don't have any game deals. Most of the stuff they try to sell for MSRP or higher (They have a used Wii, for example, $250. Maybe it comes with extra stuff, I don't know. Used DS $100, used DS Lite $130, etc.), some still has lower priced used stickers from other stores. I'm surprised they don't have universal pricing. Still, it has been a pretty decent place to sell to, so far. Most stuff they seem to give about 60% cash value vs. trade credit (e.g. if something trades for $1 in credit, they'll give you 60 cents, but some of the games I've traded get about 70% or 80%. I don't yet know how the trade values compare to their selling price, as I've only traded with them twice). I did find Virtua Fighter 5 (PS3) uncharacteristically priced at $9.99, but other than that and some older scratched up xbox and gamecube titles, no deals.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Blockbuster next to the Wal-Mart in Mt. Carmel is going out of business and are having a huge going outta business sale. I got

Mlb 09
Littlebigplanet
Pure

for 75.

[quote name='guessed']Cool Springs Update:

I apologize for not posting this earlier, but I haven't been near a computer and my phone's browser has issues with posting. Cool Springs (Nashville area), TN has had some 50% off racks for a couple of weeks now, and I wasn't biting, but I was in the area and decided to check for penny guides. If I had remembered that they were out of penny guides the last time I was there, I would have missed out big time. They switched all the 50% off to 75% off. By the time I left, most of the good stuff was gone, but they did still have several Hell's Highway CE (forget price), a bunch of Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 CE (forget price), and 4 Grand Theft Auto IV CE ($17.50 after discount), all for 360. They also had a bunch of different guitars, and 1 copy left of Singstar v1 bundle ($15 after discount) for PS3.

My pickups (prices are after discount):

Sega Superstars Tennis (PS3) $5 (last one, I think)
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror (PSP) $3.75 (at least 1 left)
Dragon Quest IV (DS) $7.50 (a few left)
Tecmo Bowl (DS) $7.50 (You'll notice the price has gone back up since the universal $10 clearance sale)
Eye of Judgment Bundle (PS3) $17.50 (last one. Saved me from continuing to try to find it at different Walmarts. None left. Sears Rivergate has a couple for $30, if you are having trouble finding it.)
Tom Clancy's Endwar CE (360 and PS3) $10 each (They were marked $89.99, and I was thinking, for $22.50, the headsets are worth it. If I had realized they were $10, I would have grabbed another for a friend, but it was already gone by the time I found out. None left)
Facebreaker (360) $5 (tons left)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (360) $10 (a couple left)
Flash Focus (DS) $5 (Tons left)
Spider-Man Web of Shadows (360) $6 (a few left)
Nights (Wii) $5 (not sure how many left)

They had some older sports games (08 basketball titles for ps3, fifa street 3 for ps3), Blitz 2 (360), Drum King and Ultimate Band (Wii), a ton of different plastic guitars, and a few 75% off guides (I remember Dead Space was one), and some other DS games, and games for other systems that I don't recall. Also, I think they had World at War CE for windows, but I can't swear to it. One woman grabbed a ton of PS2 dual shock 2 controllers, not sure if there were any more. If I don't come to my senses, I may go back tomorrow.

Also, BB Rivergate still has about 10 Rolando iTunes game cards.

Really? I used to go to McKay's in Knoxville (maybe 15 years or so ago), did some flips there and Disc Exchange (they still around?). I only recently (like the past two weeks) discovered the McKay's here in Nashville, but they pretty much don't have any game deals. Most of the stuff they try to sell for MSRP or higher (They have a used Wii, for example, $250. Maybe it comes with extra stuff, I don't know. Used DS $100, used DS Lite $130, etc.), some still has lower priced used stickers from other stores. I'm surprised they don't have universal pricing. Still, it has been a pretty decent place to sell to, so far. Most stuff they seem to give about 60% cash value vs. trade credit (e.g. if something trades for $1 in credit, they'll give you 60 cents, but some of the games I've traded get about 70% or 80%. I don't yet know how the trade values compare to their selling price, as I've only traded with them twice). I did find Virtua Fighter 5 (PS3) uncharacteristically priced at $9.99, but other than that and some older scratched up xbox and gamecube titles, no deals.[/QUOTE]

I would like to thank you good sir...flipping is about to be in full effect at MKays.

Anybody else here live in Knoxville?

I live in Nashville. Right downtown on 12th. No deals hardly anywhere here. But there is a store in Gallatin, TN that has tons of old games and some rare items. Videogames etc. Its a pretty decent shop.

[quote name='Chadical']I live in Nashville. Right downtown on 12th. No deals hardly anywhere here. But there is a store in Gallatin, TN that has tons of old games and some rare items. Videogames etc. Its a pretty decent shop.[/QUOTE]

they went out of bussiness a few weeks ago

did pick up Suikoden 2, legend of mana, digimon world 1,2,3 and a few others there for all under $2 each in their gob sale :D

TRU in rivergate has 5 or 6 Dragonquest VIII special additions with the FFXII demo on display for $9.99. Was just in there today.

Edit: 62.99 went to a different Target and they had the same deal but on the 360 version as well.
not a bad deal.

Kmart on Gallatin pike right off Briley has a few racks of 25 cent Mtn Dew Game Fuel left, they only have alliance Blue though.

Brentwood (Cool Springs) Best Buy has Little Big Planet GOTY Edition and Dirt 2 for the PS3 in stock. The BOGO 50% off sale works with both.

[quote name='Remeard']The K-Mart at the foot of Signal Mountain (Chattanooga / Hamilton area) is going out of business, clearancing everything in the store. Games are 50% off now... nothing too special, but Devil May Cry 4 is about $10 and they have a lot of PSP games.[/QUOTE]

Doh. I live close to here. I haven't checked this thread because I thought it was dead.

We'll have to keep each other informed of Chattanooga CAG deals. The Hixson target is completely underwhelming when it comes to wtfawesome deals.

bread's done
Back