Terminator: TSCC... TERMINATED BY The T-FOX!

[quote name='JolietJake']There's something i don't understand about time travel and the T-1000 series. It's just liquid metal, so even the skin, hair, muscle etc. is technically metal. How are they able to time travel at all?[/quote]

It's best not to focus on such nits. They're rife in scifi and will lessen your enjoyment if you think about'em too much.

That said, if you want to indulge in this sort of thing visit the TSCC sections at sites like televisionwithoutpity. There's enormous volumes of fanwank over there.

I thought that about the dun dealer as soon as I saw it was in a gun shop. As for her missing I'm going to guess that he tolder her not to kill anyone. After all they were telling her that from episode one or season one and she just now got it? Also wasn't that Danny that answered the door when Sarah showed up in season one? In T2 it was only him and his sister so he can not be in his 20s in season 2 if he was around 10 is season one but he also looked like he was around 8 or 10 in T2.

I'm on the fence as to whether I want to see a third season or not.

1. Summer Glau will have to learn how to act.

2. I don't think Sara has the abilities, resources or lifespan to hunt down Skynet on her own.

3. Sara wouldn't be a good match with Ellison.

4. Ellison won't have enough clout to clear up Sara's criminal history.

I'm looking forward to the movie pushing me one way or the other.

I'm going to have to just netflix the Blu Rays. Haven't watched in quite a while. No DVR, and I'm seldom home Friday nights. Watched a couple online when it came back but kind of lost interest and would rather just rent it and watch them all over a few days.

Well we know Sarah is losing weight so by the end of season 3 she might have cancer. Ellison and Sarah may make a better team then you think. Also they may show more of the future then you think so you might not see much of Ellison and Sarah togeather.

Finally caught up on all the episodes...I have two thoughts...

One, they definitely killed Derek off too "non-chalantly", but the new storyline in the future was a great twist.

Second, maybe someone can explain- John Henry went into the future? Or the past? Anyway, Weaver said the question was not where but when, so we know he time-travelled. SO WHY WASN"T THE LAB DESTROYED BY THE BLUE BALL BEFORE JOHN AND WEAVER JUMPED THROUGH?

Too bad the series is over. There's probably no chance it gets renewed, and it really leaves just as many questions as it answered.

I'm bummed.

I think the writers totally messed this season and the series up. They had about 10 terrible episodes in the middle of this season. This finale should have occurred about 7-8 episodes ago to attract weary viewers.

Let's understand one thing guys....

Current time: John and Weaver go back in time with the TDD
Thus...there is no John Connor until the time when John and Weaver arrive via time displacement portal. He is not leading the resistance.

My thoughts? Sarah and Ellison must've found Kyle (who is now the future leader resistance) and Derek Reese and alerted them.

Either way, it's messed up the writers make such garbage only to end with 2 excellent episodes. This show is terminated.

Ausiello always gets reliable scoops. I take no pleasure in saying I told you so. Hey, at least Prison Break is back for a little while.8-[

[quote name='neocisco']Ausiello always gets reliable scoops. I take no pleasure in saying I told you so. Hey, at least Prison Break is back for a little while.8-[[/quote]

Neo is usually right about these things.. Too bad... it was a good show. Maybe, just maybe Salvation will be this show's salvation.

The Sc-Fi channel needs to pick this show up, and hopefully Terminator will deserve more respect on that channel then it did on FOX. FOX is known to some great shows (X-Files, 24, and House), but at the same time they also canceled many good shows (Arrested and Development, Firefly, and now most likely Terminator).

It sucks that DVR, digital downloads, and online streaming do not factor into the ratings, because if they did every TV show's rating would be through the roof. I mean honestly it has to come down to the viewer watching the shows live for a TV show to stay alive since a television broadcast is where these networks make their money because of all the advertisements etc. However, that is a problem because people may not be able to watch something live do to constraints, or due to the simple fact that we fucking hate commercials. :D

EDIT: I forgot to mention that when FOX moved this show to Friday Night it pretty much spelled doomed. The show was going to be DVR'ed like crazy because Friday Nights for network TV shows is like a death sentence. This show had no chance in getting better ratings when it was moved to Friday nights. Had the show stayed on Monday Nights as a lead in to 24, or on Tuesday following Fringe it could have managed at least 6-7 million viewers if not more. At least Terminator got two seasons, I can't say the same for Dollhouse which never even had a chance when it premiered on Friday nights.

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds pretty over too me.

Too bad, too. I wanted to see where they were going to go with the whole John sent to the future with WeaverBot/alternate timeline thing.

I don't see it coming back in the fall but like someone else said it could come back later in the year. I see it coming back in the winter some time and only going to have 8-10 episodes.

Wow, you guys are alot more optimistic than I am. The show's a goner, and we're going to have to face it sooner or later. Come over to the dark side, the initial jolt is the most disappointing.

Well I'm thinking if it does get renewed...FOX is gonna give it 7-13 episodes, then pull the same shit they did with Jericho, cancel it again.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Well I'm thinking if it does get renewed...FOX is gonna give it 7-13 episodes, then pull the same shit they did with Jericho, cancel it again.[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='wikipedia']The show ran on CBS from September 20, 2006 through March 25, 2008.[/quote]

The only set that I can think of that would have been taking down would have been John Henry's room. But then again it might have been destroyed by the TDD anyways.

I gave dollhouse a shot, but couldn't continue after the first episode. :(

Dollhouse gets better but it is really hard to sit and watch it. I'm trying to give it a chance but I just don't know. I'm still hoping that T:TSCC will come back next year. Nothing I have read has been from Fox and only one thing has said it will not come back. The other just to me was saying it might not and if it does it will not be in the fall.

I heard Dollhouse get better and pick up on episode 5. I haven't watch any episode yet but I might start watching it now since Terminator season is over. Or I might finally watch Firefly and see what the fuss is about.

[quote name='blueweltall']I heard Dollhouse get better and pick up on episode 5. I haven't watch any episode yet but I might start watching it now since Terminator season is over. Or I might finally watch Firefly and see what the fuss is about.[/quote]

While the first few episodes were a little weak, I think that Dollhouse episodes ended up better on average than Terminator episodes this season. Some of Terminator's high points were definitely better than Dollhouse, but Dollhouse never got as bad as the midseason string of crap stuck in Terminator between the early couple stronger episodes and the past few weeks.

If they do officially get the axe, I'll be sad to see them go because we need more Sci-Fi on TV and these were at least pretty watchable. Unfortunately, while I like the concepts behind both shows, neither really ended up being "must watch" and in the days before DVR's/PVR's I probably would have just passed.

In other sad Sci-Fi Geek news, I had high hopes that the new Star Trek movie would kickstart Star Trek and lead to a new series. Unfortunately, while the early trailer of the shipbuilding overlayed with JFK and then Nimoy's voice was enticing, the more recent ads appealing to the younger 90210 crowd have me worried. (I'm almost 40) On the other hand maybe it will be at least a moneymaker for them as my younger (31) non Sci-fi watching wife thought it looked pretty good.

I guess I should probably pick the set up to help support the show, but I'm not big on preordering things. Anyone know what the expected release date will be?

Did not care much for the second season. What are they trying to do? I mean that episode with Sarah in the hospital was horrible. The pussy they got to play Kyle did a horrible job and I wanted him to die. Fox makes a big deal about a character dying in one week and they kill a guy that is not a main character. Next week, without any notice at all they kill Derick off (I had to rewind my DVR to catch that because they made it so settle). So obviously there must be some kind of Civil War going on in the future between the machines. Other than that the season was disapointing. Also, I never liked Sarah Connor and she is the dumbest bitch in Sci-Fi history ever. Why would she abandoned John at the end of the episode like that and let him take off with a T-1000? She does not even trust him with Cameron.....if they bring it back it sounds like they have a solid story. I just want Sarah to die and make it all about John.

I will get both seasons 1 + 2 TSCC on Blu Ray... as much as I want to preorder season two to show my support but not now, I'm waiting for them to go down a little bit. I'm not a fan on preordering. =P

Also, I don't like owning a TV show that seems to end abruptly... if there is no third season.

Smallville will be my to-buy TV series on Blu Ray, I hope 10th will be the last season and series finale.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope this show comes back for a 3rd season. I just think they really screwed up with the filler episodes. They were so boring; and turned away a lot of viewers.

I rewatched the last two episodes.

The Terminator that killed Derek followed Ellison to the movie theater, too. You see him for a split second. If the cops hadn't arrested Sarah, the Terminator might have whacked Sarah and John.

Sending John to the future alone was the best thing Sarah could do. If Sarah has cancer, she isn't going to get medical treatment in the post-apocalypse. If John is in a future when he is a nobody, Skynet won't be hunting him, he lead as normal a life as possible and he can pick up skills that can help him defeat Skynet if he ever finds himself in the past again.

I don't know if I want to see a third season. Until John is back in the present, at least half of the Terminator fans are going to decry whatever is done.

[quote name='Davestation']Did not care much for the second season. What are they trying to do? I mean that episode with Sarah in the hospital was horrible. The pussy they got to play Kyle did a horrible job and I wanted him to die. Fox makes a big deal about a character dying in one week and they kill a guy that is not a main character. Next week, without any notice at all they kill Derick off (I had to rewind my DVR to catch that because they made it so settle). So obviously there must be some kind of Civil War going on in the future between the machines. Other than that the season was disapointing. Also, I never liked Sarah Connor and she is the dumbest bitch in Sci-Fi history ever. Why would she abandoned John at the end of the episode like that and let him take off with a T-1000? She does not even trust him with Cameron.....if they bring it back it sounds like they have a solid story. I just want Sarah to die and make it all about John.[/QUOTE]

When you think about it the movies were really about both her and John. Well more so John but not much more than her. We will find out in season 3 if they have one why she did not go with Weaver and John. I also do not really like the way the guy is playing Kyle but he does some what look the part. As for killing Derek the way they did they wanted to just shock the audience and that is what they did. I didn't like it but they did what they wanted and that was just shock. Also from the season final you can tell that they intended to bring him back. I'm sure if they never wanted to bring him back they would have killed him in a bigger way.

As for it going to SciFi or now SyFy that is what a lot of us have been hoping for, for some time. I know I have and hope they give them a bigger budget and one or 2 more writers to help out with making the show better. That way if they do get 20 episodes a season and one or 2 more writers the filer episodes might not be as bad.

Well, no matter what, a Sci-Fi dictated TSCC is better than no show at all. Hopefully, the change in management would fix the show's problems (wasted time), but I'm not really sure if I trust SyFy's staff writers.

Yeah, SyFy channel is kinda doing weird things now. They get a show up and running than they cancel it and do a spin-off. Examples are Battlestar Gallactica-Caprica, Stargate Atlantis- Stargate Universe. Also, Universal is being really cheap for the premier episode of Caprica. Full Price for the DVD or 1200(SD) and 1600 (HD) microsoft points to own it on X-Box Live. This is just the first episode that will probably be included in the Season one box set. They did this same shit for Stargate Atlantis. Nickel and Dime the shit out of the fans. I am just going to Netflix it. It would be nice if SyFy could pick up the Sarah Connor Chronicles, but they have to secure the rights and Terminator franchise probably has a heftier price tag than the Stargate Franchise had. Sci-Fi built up the franchise with Stargate, Terminator is already built up and would propbably cost more to secure the licensing for. If they did, they would probably only do a few seasons of it and than do a spin-off and cancel the Sarah Connor Chronicles, it seems to be their current practice.

BSG had a 5 season run, Atlantis, 5 seasons and SG-1 had a 10 season run. 10! 5 seasons is incredible for any sci-fi show and every show only gets more expensive the longer it goes. I have no problem with these shows ending after 5 seasons, especially BSG. They can only float around space for so long before it starts getting redundant. The worst thing that can happen to a top-line show like BSG is that it just continues to drag on.

I'm just saying that sending it to Syfy may only postpone the inevitable with their current track record. My original rebuttal is in the spoiler and I realized that it went off topic and is about other Sci-Fi shows. So read if you want but its kinda a rant and directed to the prior post above me.

Battlestar Galactica was only four and got cut short. SG1 may have gone to long. Star Trek seemed to hit the sweet spot with seven seasons. They where able to expand storylines and plots and wrap everything up well. BSG had more life in it than what they gave it. SG1 on the other hand should have quit when they finished off the Gou'ld (or however you spell it) but than they got the Ori involved. It was still good and I liked it even with Richard Dean Anderson out of it.

Atlantis just got solid characters and good stories. The end was abrupt and they could have easily gone on for three more seasons. For them to pull the plug and have them force this new cast down our throats is kinda lame. There was a nice transition from SG-1 to Atlantis like the Next Generation to Deep Space Nine. The shows overlaped each other for a bit so viewers could dip their toes in the new cast and see what the new spin off is all about.

To say that a show is good with five seasons is fine, but with Star Trek we know that they can go on for seven, and with SG1 we now that they can go on for ten. BSG fianle seemed rush out of the door and very unsatisfying. If they had more time they could have done more with it. Its not up to the writers I know this, but to cancel a beloved series, than do a spin-off within the same year is a kick to the balls to the fanbase.

With them pulling these shows what do Sc-Fi fans have to kick back on? We always had Star Trek until 2002, but SG1 was around. Now it seems like the network has an itchy trigger finger to cancel and do a new spin-off of the franchise. I would not mind a spin-off of Terminator, but I am saying that Scyfy has this new trend that I have noticed. I am excited for Caprica and SG: Voyager...err Universe I mean. But Atlantis was good and I will watch the movies they come out with. IF SGU is anything like Atlantis, it is going to take a few seasons for me to like the characters. Lets hope that they get it right the first time and we do not have any bad characters that get replaced fast.

I was saying a 5 season run was fine, considering the short lifespan that sci-fi gets on networks. I more or less agree with your points about the shows we've discussed. Looking back on it, I definitely agree that SG-1 could have ended cleanly after the Gould (I'm not going to bother looking up the spelling on a made up word either:)). As far as BSG season count goes, oops. I blame the the .5 seasons. Those should have been considered standalone seasons, IMO, just for the sake of numbering.

[quote name='sendme']Just read on terminatorfiles.com that on may 18th we should know if their will be a season 3 or not.[/QUOTE]

Probably a longer shot than Mine-That-Bird had! But we can hope for the next 2 weeks.

again I firmly believe that execs are watching the bo number predictions for opening weekend of TS and what the reviewers say. So go out and support TS even if you hate it so FOX will think we want Season 3 and give it to us!

[quote name='ITDEFX']again I firmly believe that execs are watching the bo number predictions for opening weekend of TS and what the reviewers say. So go out and support TS even if you hate it so FOX will think we want Season 3 and give it to us![/quote]

I think there may be some validity to our theory. Even though I was going to wait for a video release of TS, I will now probably try and go see it. ;)

I heard a while back ago that Salvation was supposed to be the first part of a new Terminator trilogy. Is that still true?

Yes it is but it is not really a new trilogy. It is just McG's take on what happens after J-Day and during the war. It is just the last 3 of the 6 part series.

[quote name='dcfox']I heard a while back ago that Salvation was supposed to be the first part of a new Terminator trilogy. Is that still true?[/quote]
Planned sequels

Director McG has announced that Terminator Salvation is the first of a new trilogy to revive the franchise, with both main actor Christian Bale and writer Jonathan Nolan signed up for two more films. Due to generally positive reception to preview footage of the film, the Halcyon Company chose to develop a sequel in December 2008 for release in 2011. The producers mentioned the Middle East as a possible shooting location. McG said the time displacement equipment and the T-1000 will be reintroduced in the fifth film: "I like the idea and the perspective for the next picture that you meet Robert Patrick the way he looks today, and he's a scientist that's working on, you know, improving cell replication so we can stay healthier and we can cure diabetes and do all these things that sound like good ideas, and to once again live as idealized expressions as ourselves.

McG added the fifth film "is likely to be" about Connor himself timetravelling to 2010 to galvanize the world's forces against a Skynet attack, which would explore a "survivalist creature in our world doing his best to bring the world up to speed on an impending doom...and one could argue he meets his mother. I strongly suspect Linda Hamilton to be the star of the next film." McG also said the origin story they had in mind for the T-1000 would satirize the world's "obsession" with youth and ageing, and also described having "hunter killers and transports and harvesters and everything arriving in our time and Connor fighting back with conventional military warfare."

Well if the do that for T5 then they just fucked it all up. John Connor may have at one time thought about going back intime himself but never did. What they need to do is make T5 about him sending Kyle and Uncle Bob back in time and T6 about them ending the war. Salvation should be about JC moving up in the ranks and seting up for T5 and sending Kyle back. If most of what I read is true then that is what Salvation is about.

bread's done
Back