Test Drive a Chrome Notebook

They probably shipped out a batch on Friday, but changed things up again, so the tracker won't update till someone gets one and provides the new tracking/reference numbers.

When they select people seems to be somewhat random. People are having theirs ship out the day after they signed up, as well as other people that signed up weeks ago just getting theirs now. So at this point we haven't seen any pattern as to how people are being selected.

My guess is that each entry is weighted when it is submitted/reviewed based on the answers provided, and each day they mail out to the top 2000 in the database at the time. So, if your answers fit what they were looking for perfectly, then yours goes out ASAP. However, if your answers didn't match up that well, you have to hope that you fall somewhere in the top 2000 day after day after day... And, with all the new entries going each day, your chances probably get worse instead of better.

Still no joy here. :(

[quote name='abouttandoutt']so is there a free 2 year monthly 100 MB of Verizon 3G internet with all beta Chrome OS laptops?[/QUOTE]

yup, u gotta sign up an account with them but the first 100mb per month is free

signed up for one today. If I get one I'd definitely test drive it since I don't even have a netbook/laptop and I was thinking of getting one for school.

i'm about to call this one a loss.

i didn't realize that a lot of the options during sign-ups are actually traps. like 'do you use photoshop' etc. my first application, i was completely honest about my computer usage, being a developer, so in reality this program wasn't targeted towards me (i'm guessing).

i might submit a last application for a different family member on the 20th, but I'm not sure what they're looking for exactly. i actually just want to play around with google technology and give them feedback. maybe if i had jumped on this on day one i would've had a better shot.

good luck CAGs.

For those CAGs that have received one, would you be kind enough to provide some insight on what you selected in the application that may have led to you being selected?

I'm happy for all you that were selected, but with just two days remaining for the pilot, this would be a really nice "give back" gesture to the community.

[quote name='fatboyjam']For those CAGs that have received one, would you be kind enough to provide some insight on what you selected in the application that may have led to you being selected?

I'm happy for all you that were selected, but with just two days remaining for the pilot, this would be a really nice "give back" gesture to the community.[/QUOTE]

I selected that I use Chrome and the following all of which I really do use:
Primary OS: Windows
Chrome Autofill
Extensions
Sync
Themes
Apps from the Chrome Web Store
How do I check my calendar: Google calendar.
Desktop as my primary computer
Android smart phone
Gmail for email
Microsoft Office
Adobe Reader
Adobe Flash
Flixter
Mint.com
Buying a gift: Amazon.com
Listen to music: Pandora
Movies/television: I either selected Netflix or Hulu, I use both
Pic sharing: Facebook
Photo editing: Picnik
Plugging into my computer: All I selected was Android Phone
Then I selected yes I will provide feedback.

[quote name='curtst']I selected that I use Chrome and the following all of which I really do use:
Chrome Autofill
Extensions
Sync
Themes
Android smart phone
Gmail for email
Microsoft Office
Adobe Reader
Adobe Flash
Flixter
Mint.com
Then I selected yes I will provide feedback.[/QUOTE]
Almost exactly what i picked but i use wi-fi

[quote name='killer9']cannot believe that so few cags have gotten one i guess i was lucky[/QUOTE]

Me neither, it seems like cags usually have better luck than this.

[quote name='curtst']I selected that I use Chrome and the following all of which I really do use:
Chrome Autofill
Extensions
Sync
Themes
How do I check my calendar: Google calendar.
Android smart phone
Gmail for email
Microsoft Office
Adobe Reader
Adobe Flash
Flixter
Mint.com
Then I selected yes I will provide feedback.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Did you register as an "Individual" or one of the other categories?

[quote name='fatboyjam']Thanks! Did you register as an "Individual" or one of the other categories?[/QUOTE]

Individual

[quote name='abouttandoutt']goddamn can't remember if I got the confirmation page... what to do? :ziplip:[/QUOTE]

Fill out the form again.

[quote name='dabamus']Well, tomorrow seems to be a day of reckoning for me since the first one is coming to my zipcode. :D[/QUOTE]
lol same here, if we dont get one, wanna rally against GOOGLE>?

[quote name='shadylane']Will the tracker update automatically when the package has been shipped?[/QUOTE]
Due to the way Google is shipping them, some batches are not included in the tracker until someone posts a tracking/reference number. So far they have used several different reference number formats and several different shipping accounts, making it very difficult to find the needles when you don't even know which haystack to look in. I am fairly certain that the tracker has all of the packages shipped up to and including 12/16, but I have a hunch that they shipped 12/17 using some new method.

[quote name='legendarydogs']There is 60,000 units they have and only like 10,000 have been shipped. I would say your chances are pretty good.[/QUOTE]
I doubt they will be shipping out 60k units. I believe that was the total number of units they ordered from the manufacturer.

They destroyed a bunch for videos (see YouTube), and I am sure they kept a bunch for in-house testing, and they shipped out a bunch via FedEx to media outlets (including tech blog sites), so that is roughly 1k units we will never see (being generous).

The tracker shows 14k shipped as of Thr 12/16. I suspect that another 2k shipped on Fri 12/17 but we need someone to post (or PM me) a tracking/reference number so that I can adjust the tracker accordingly.

So, I would say roughly 17k of the 60k units they ordered have been accounted for...

Who knows... The remaining ones may be the first batch that they plan on selling via retail channels? :whistle2:#

[quote name='Xfactor19990']lol same here, if we dont get one, wanna rally against GOOGLE>?[/QUOTE]

I'll get the pitchforks if you get the flaming torches! :D

According to my brother, nothing came out at my dad's house today, so on with the bloody coup!

[quote name='dabamus']I'll get the pitchforks if you get the flaming torches! :D

According to my brother, nothing came out at my dad's house today, so on with the bloody coup![/QUOTE]
yes! We shall raid them! Ironically I have a google headquarters like for street views etc, and its really really really really close.....like a little drive, but we can easily raid there!

[quote name='whoknows']One is being delivered to my zip code today. Hope its mine :p[/QUOTE]

Same here. Seemed to happen shortly after I filled out an application for my girlfriend. My hopes are high, but will soon be crushed, I'm sure.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']nope, tracker is working for me..........[/QUOTE]

Weird, I've tried multiple pcs and browsers and i keep getting a connection problem on the tracker.

Edit: NVM. Sucks, no deliveries to my zip.

What time does UPS/FedEx usually ship out? There's supposed to be one delivered today and tomorrow to my zip, and I know it's still early on today, but I'm just wondering if they'll still make it if I'm one of the chosen few.

[quote name='dyeknom']Weird, I've tried multiple pcs and browsers and i keep getting a connection problem on the tracker.

Edit: NVM. Sucks, no deliveries to my zip.[/QUOTE]
lol now its down odd indeed...........

Come to think of it, I wonder if I even got the confirmation page on my original submission. Oh well, I'll try again. A bit late to the party, though.

I just got mine! I've only used it for 15 minutes or so but so far I'm impressed. Thank you Google!

@A Gamer: My reference number is WDM483HEFDK9180QFTGE601E

fml, the ups truck came on my street and I got all excited since there is one package coming to my small zip code today, but they delivered something small next door,lol. Hoping for another truck...

[quote name='tekssx']google owns our souls, enough said...
hope we get one[/QUOTE]

No, Google is our Skynet.
Soon they will be mass producing robots, one lucky computer will become self aware, start packaging guns with the robots, then, Bang! The robot revolt begins and we start looking for our John Connor.

bread's done
Back